Morrison's JLA lineup vs Heralds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
His extended lineup with Orion, Barda, Huntress, Plastic Man, Zauriel, Aztek, etc.... vs

the basic Heralds:

Surfer
Morg
Terrax
Stardust
Firelord
Nova
Fallen One
Air-Walker

Slaanesh
Heralds

Prep-Man
you think the Heralds are capable of taking on:

Superman
Martian Manhunter
GL
Flash (Wally)
Orion
Barda
Aztek
Plastic Man
Huntress
Aquaman
Batman
Zauriel
Steel

Slaanesh
yes..Wally is the only real problem..

Prep-Man
Let's look at the top tier for JLA:

Orion
Superman
Flash (Who is able to use the Speed Force in this battle)
Martian Manhunter
Green Lantern (Kyle, who can take some of the best)

Then you have some who are slightly lower:
Barda and Zauriel in flesh suit.

Then you still have the intelligence of Steel and Batman.

I think the Heralds will fall, but it won't be easy.

thanos-prime
Heralds

Slaanesh
Morg can handle Orion
Fallen One can beat Supes
SS can handle Wally
Stardust can handle MM
Firelord can handle Kyle
the other heralds would kill the rest..then it'll be in the heralds favor..

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Morg can handle Orion
Fallen One can beat Supes
SS can handle Wally
Stardust can handle MM
Firelord can handle Kyle
the other heralds would kill the rest..then it'll be in the heralds favor..

I disagree about the Morg one. Orion would obliterate him.

Same with Kyle, but I see Kyle duking it out with Stardust. Firelord is too weak, IMO.

Knowsbleed33
Heralds.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Prep-Man

Same with Kyle, but I see Kyle duking it out with Stardust. Firelord is too weak, IMO.

no he won't..Morg is not a weakling..

Firelord is weak??why u think that??because Spidy beats him??

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Slaanesh
no he won't..Morg is not a weakling..

Firelord is weak??why u think that??because Spidy beats him??

Nah, I know Morg isn't a weakling, but Orion will take a majority. Didn't word it right.

And I don't count the Spidey feat. It was only one time, but Firelord is facing a top tier GL. I don't see Firelord taking any majority over any top tier GL.

thanos-prime

Same with Kyle, but I see Kyle duking it out with Stardust. Firelord is too weak, IMO. i disagree imo morg would beat orion

Prep-Man
how? Orion can basically do anything Morg can.

Konton
Heralds.

D_Dude1210
Plastic Man solos! big grin

thanos-prime
how? Orion can basically do anything Morg can. not really imo they should be about the same stat wise but morg can amp

Prep-Man
Orion can amp as well. Hell, his true size was able to dwarf planets. In Simonson's run, Orion, though not really amped grew and destroyed a good portion of Apokolips, which is a lot bigger than earth itself.

Simonson intended to complete Orions story by showing Orions true self or godly form, but never came to be.

Morg has the power cosmic, which is good, but Orion has the Astro Force or "Wrath of the Source", which can control the fundamental forces in the universe. Among other things.

Zeuodin
His extended lineup with Orion, Barda, Huntress, Plastic Man, Zauriel, Aztek, etc.... vs

the basic Heralds:

Surfer
Morg
Terrax
Stardust
Firelord
Nova
Fallen One
Air-Walker

At the point where Morrison was writing JLA, Kyle had the uber ring. He even took on Amazo by himself.

So Kyle with starheart and GL power vs. Surfer is a good match up.

Superman will beat Morg. Barely.
Wonder Woman beats Terrax
Zuriel Takes on Stardust. Wonder what would happen to stardust if Zuriel Screamed?
Firelord is Kept Busy By Steel, batman and Plastic Man
Fallen One is Beaten by Orion.
Air Walker Is Kept Busy By Barda

And then you still have Flash and martian man hunter to lend speed, strength, telepathy and all any where they are needed.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Zeuodin
At the point where Morrison was writing JLA, Kyle had the uber ring. He even took on Amazo by himself.

So Kyle with starheart and GL power vs. Surfer is a good match up.

Superman will beat Morg. Barely.
Wonder Woman beats Terrax
Zuriel Takes on Stardust. Wonder what would happen to stardust if Zuriel Screamed?
Firelord is Kept Busy By Steel, batman and Plastic Man
Fallen One is Beaten by Orion.
Air Walker Is Kept Busy By Barda

And then you still have Flash and martian man hunter to lend speed, strength, telepathy and all any where they are needed.

What? When did Kyle get his "uber" ring?

Slaanesh
Nah, I know Morg isn't a weakling, but Orion will take a majority. Didn't word it right.

And I don't count the Spidey feat. It was only one time, but Firelord is facing a top tier GL. I don't see Firelord taking any majority over any top tier GL.

well..i didn't say Morg beat Orion now did i..i just thought that Morg would stalamate Orion long enough until the other herald kill the weakling and help him out..same with Firelord

jasofisc
Orion can amp as well. Hell, his true size was able to dwarf planets. In Simonson's run, Orion, though not really amped grew and destroyed a good portion of Apokolips, which is a lot bigger than earth itself.

Simonson intended to complete Orions story by showing Orions true self or godly form, but never came to be.

Morg has the power cosmic, which is good, but Orion has the Astro Force or "Wrath of the Source", which can control the fundamental forces in the universe. Among other things.

show one time where any of the new gods grew to their "real" size when in the mainstream dc universe?????? everyone always talks about the new gods "real" size but doesn't include how mother box nullifies any advantage they would have with it. Superman is just as strong on apoclipse as he is on earth still able to carry the (relitive) same amount of mass on apoc as he is on earth. same with orion and barda

Prep-Man
When you said, "Morg can handle Orion", I thought you meant defeat or kill. Which is possible, but not for the majority, IMO.

jasofisc
to answer this form the heralds' team is too stacked for them to lose. kyle would be much more of a benifit if he wasn't the rookie like he is in the morison run. he was kinda the weakest link at that time. (not now though)

Zeuodin
Originally posted by jasofisc
show one time where any of the new gods grew to their "real" size when in the mainstream dc universe?????? everyone always talks about the new gods "real" size but doesn't include how mother box nullifies any advantage they would have with it. Superman is just as strong on apoclipse as he is on earth still able to carry the (relitive) same amount of mass on apoc as he is on earth. same with orion and barda
When The Slayer was after Star Fire and Animal, He grew Giant of his own accord. Orion Grew Giant on Apok when he was angry at DS and blew a chunk out of the planet. They can grow and increase size and power at will.

Prep-Man

Orion uses the Boom Tubes to revert to normal size once they enter the regular universe. New Genesis and Apok are in seperate dimensions. When Supergirl entered New Genesis (i think it was NG), she looked tiny in comparison.

thanos-prime
When you said, "Morg can handle Orion", I thought you meant defeat or kill. Which is possible, but not for the majority, IMO. well if it is morg with the WOL then he would win but normal would probably be a stalemate.

Zeuodin
to answer this form the heralds' team is too stacked for them to lose. kyle would be much more of a benifit if he wasn't the rookie like he is in the morison run. he was kinda the weakest link at that time. (not now though)
During the Morrison Run? Kyle was still Kyle in his own book. The one where he Beat Amazo who had the powers of everyone.

Slaanesh
When you said, "Morg can handle Orion", I thought you meant defeat or kill. Which is possible, but not for the majority, IMO.

big grin i actually believe Orion will take a majority against Morg..it's just that it won't be an easy fight..both of them are powerful..

Prep-Man
Originally posted by thanos-prime
well if it is morg with the WOL then he would win but normal would probably be a stalemate.

I agree with that. Morg w/ WOL would tear Orion a new one. But I'm just using regular Morg and Orion. Unless Superman can get a sundipp or Orion turning into true form.

Or Zauriel in his angelic form, which is roughly sky father level.

jasofisc
When The Slayer was after Star Fire and Animal, He grew Giant of his own accord. Orion Grew Giant on Apok when he was angry at DS and blew a chunk out of the planet. They can grow and increase size and power at will.

i'm talking about their "true size" that's like a hunderd times bigger then an earth sized planet. i understand what your talking aout

Prep-Man
Orion actually explains this to Superman in Pollak's run or one of the early new gods runs. They use the boom tubes to be regular size in regular universe.

jasofisc
Orion uses the Boom Tubes to revert to normal size once they enter the regular universe. New Genesis and Apok are in seperate dimensions. When Supergirl entered New Genesis (i think it was NG), she looked tiny in comparison.

like compared to others in new genesis and by tiny do you mean microscopic because earth sized planets where like marbles compared to Orion and superman

Prep-Man
Yes, compared to the others in NG or Apok, she was tiny. I'll see if I can find the scan. It might be in PAD's Supergirl run.

galactusischere

Orion can beat Morg only if he doesn't have WOL and that won't be a spite either.
Morg with WoL would shit all over Orion

nicamarvin
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
BatMan solos! big grin ...FIXED.... smokin'

-Pr-
Question: Are the JLA as they were back then, or are they current version?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by -Pr-
Question: Are the JLA as they were back then, or are they current version?

Good question. Current versions.

-Pr-
Good question. Current versions.

JLA then. If it were the Morrison era ones, i'd side with the heralds.

D_Dude1210
IF Orion grew to his normal size, I can actually see Morg entering his ear and opening a black hole inside his brain. :-/

thanos-prime
IF Orion grew to his normal size, I can actually see Morg entering his ear and opening a black hole inside his brain. :-/ i can't that's not like morg to so something like that.

D_Dude1210
i can't that's not like morg to so something like that.

You mean entering something big or opening a black hole?

thanos-prime
You mean entering something big or opening a black hole? opening a black hole.

D_Dude1210
opening a black hole.

Well, heralds have been seen capable of doing this recently. You'd think Morg would actually go toe-to-toe with a star-sized entity?

thanos-prime
Well, heralds have been seen capable of doing this recently. You'd think Morg would actually go toe-to-toe with a star-sized entity? im not saying he couldn't im just saying he would most likely shred him from the inside out i think he would think of it as a challenge.

Prep-Man
black holes aren't very impressive these days. Rookie Green Lantern's were able to manipulate them.

I have no doubt that Orion with the Astro Force can take care of a simple black hole. His Astro Force was sealing off holes in reality from the destruction of S'ivaa.

The Astro Force was also able to contain the Oblivion Bomb. Something far greater than a black hole.

D_Dude1210
black holes aren't very impressive these days. Rookie Green Lantern's were able to manipulate them.

I have no doubt that Orion with the Astro Force can take care of a simple black hole. His Astro Force was sealing off holes in reality from the destruction of S'ivaa.

The Astro Force was also able to contain the Oblivion Bomb. Something far greater than a black hole.

Except that this one is going to open inside his brain. :O

thanos-prime
Except that this one is going to open inside his brain. :O i could see how that would work

Juntai
JLA.

Warlord
heralds

Prep-Man
Except that this one is going to open inside his brain. :O

Not with the MB healing him from the damage.

BTW, it's not like Orion is going to let that happen. He has a nose of a bloodhound and his MB can warn him of the danger. Cosmic sense in a way.

D_Dude1210

BTW, it's not like Orion is going to let that happen. He has a nose of a bloodhound and his MB can warn him of the danger. Cosmic sense in a way.

The MB healing him from a Black Hole in the brain?? O_O seriously doubt it.

Thing is, I was talking about the times he would grow to many times the size of a planet. As fast as he is, his large size makes him an easy easy target. Heck, he'd have a hard time finding Morg as he would be subatomic in size compared to him...

Size isn't always a good thing.

thanos-prime

BTW, it's not like Orion is going to let that happen. He has a nose of a bloodhound and his MB can warn him of the danger. Cosmic sense in a way. yes but by growing to that size he leaves himself open for lot's of attacks of that nature and it's not like they have to be inside his head to open a black hole inside there of atleast i don't think they do.

Prep-Man
yes but by growing to that size he leaves himself open for lot's of attacks of that nature and it's not like they have to be inside his head to open a black hole inside there of atleast i don't think they do.

That may be true, but Orion can always rely on his force fields. He's not a rookie for crying out loud.

thanos-prime
That may be true, but Orion can always rely on his force fields. He's not a rookie for crying out loud. his shields protect the inside of his body?

Prep-Man
The MB healing him from a Black Hole in the brain?? O_O seriously doubt it.

Thing is, I was talking about the times he would grow to many times the size of a planet. As fast as he is, his large size makes him an easy easy target. Heck, he'd have a hard time finding Morg as he would be subatomic in size compared to him...

Size isn't always a good thing.

The MB can pretty much heal any wound. An old god weapon was literally vaporizing Orion when he was inside of it. The MB helped him regrow every tissue of his body.

Prep-Man
his shields protect the inside of his body?

They would protect Orion from Morg getting inside.

Come on, guys. I haven't seen Morg use this tactic, anyway.

thanos-prime
The MB can pretty much heal any wound. An old god weapon was literally vaporizing Orion when he was inside of it. The MB helped him regrow every tissue of his body. how long would it take to repair a brain say the size of a planet?

thanos-prime
They would protect Orion from Morg getting inside.

Come on, guys. I haven't seen Morg use this tactic, anyway. i know im just saying that going to that size is a bad idea.

Prep-Man
how long would it take to repair a brain say the size of a planet?

The Mother Box CONSTANTLY regenerates his body. Look at he scan here when Orion is inside a Old God. he states that he would not survive, if it weren't for the MB.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/jkfw-11-14.jpg

At least Orion has feats of actually moving inside someones body. This and Darkseid, where Orion literally shrinks and dives inside Darkseid's head to KILL him.

Prep-Man
i know im just saying that going to that size is a bad idea.

Not really. If he were to be that size, he would literally disrupt the universe itself. Black holes would be nothing to orion.

Remember, Orion has fought inside the pits of Apokolips, which is a lot hotter than the sun itself.

thanos-prime
The Mother Box CONSTANTLY regenerates his body. Look at he scan here when Orion is inside a Old God. he states that he would not survive, if it weren't for the MB.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/jkfw-11-14.jpg

At least Orion has feats of actually moving inside someones body. This and Darkseid, where Orion literally shrinks and dives inside Darkseid's head to KILL him. ok well if the black hole isn't used to kill him it would certainly be distracting. big grin

Warlord
How about Morg transmuting the motherbox into being useless?

thanos-prime
Not really. If he were to be that size, he would literally disrupt the universe itself. Black holes would be nothing to orion.

Remember, Orion has fought inside the pits of Apokolips, which is a lot hotter than the sun itself. i don't quite see what heat has to do with this,And depending on the size of the black hole it could be bothersome.

Prep-Man
ok well if the black hole isn't used to kill him it would certainly be distracting. big grin

It would, if Orion didn't do anything to protect himself. big grin

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Warlord
How about Morg transmuting the motherbox into being useless?

Might work, but MB can transmute energy signatures of all kinds and matter as well. Plus, Orion would clobber Morg with a healthy dose of Astro Force.

Warlord
astro force vs power cosmic then smile

close...
Orion should use all his abilities (force fields, energy manipulation, mother box utilization, etc) in order to have chances.

if he rushes into battle with mindless reage he goes down imo

Prep-Man
astro force vs power cosmic then smile

close...
Orion should use all his abilities (force fields, energy manipulation, mother box utilization, etc) in order to have chances.

if he rushes into battle with mindless reage he goes down imo

Yep, i agree with that.

D_Dude1210
I seriously doubt the Mother Box could heal him thru having a Black Hole open up in his brain. :-/

Zeuodin
I seriously doubt the Mother Box could heal him thru having a Black Hole open up in his brain. :-/
How many times has any herald done that? And How come the Mother box couldn't prevent the BH from being opened there?

Warlord
how many times has a MB prevented a black hole from forming?

Zeuodin
What? When did Kyle get his "uber" ring?
When Ganthet Gave it to him. It had all of the remaining power of Ganthet and Oa in it.

-Pr-
When Ganthet Gave it to him. It had all of the remaining power of Ganthet and Oa in it.

it was a normal GL ring, though. for all intents and purposes, i mean.

Zeuodin
it was a normal GL ring, though. for all intents and purposes, i mean.
It never ran out of juice. He's the only lantern I've ever seen actually beat Amazo. It held a big bang. That isn't normal.

-Pr-
It never ran out of juice. He's the only lantern I've ever seen actually beat Amazo. It held a big bang. That isn't normal.

I thought he had a Lantern to charge it in?

the big bang was more willpower than the ring, imo.

Warlord
wasn't that a supernova?

and yes Kyle did have a battery to charge his ring

Juntai
wasn't that a supernova?

and yes Kyle did have a battery to charge his ring Both.

And Kyle's ring was written to be special.
Being why it was written out and replaced with one the same as everyone else's a while back.

Prep-Man
how many times has a MB prevented a black hole from forming?

MB's have controlled energy greater than a Black hole. Hell, early Darkseid's tech was able to close and destroy black holes EASILY.

Prep-Man

Ok, thanks.

jasofisc
going back to the orion growing the size he is in new genisis. when has he shown in the ability to grow to that size in the normal universe. Just as MB grows superman when he's in new genisis it shinks orion and his power. the examples that are stated where in both universes showing that orion has the ablitiy to grow whether he's in apoc or new gen or earth. I just don't think it's right to assume he can turn the size he was shown in new gen with superman and assume he has that kind of strength either. just think about it, when superman and orion were looking at those planets they were the size of marbles to orion and superman if orion just had normal strength on new gen (which he doesn't it's been show he has super strength their too) then if he just lightly punch one of those planets the would destroy them. when on earth orion has punched the ground and has went all out. yet he didn't destroy the planet. why not????? my view mother box depowers or rescales people

jasofisc

wellllll it contained a big bang (which was a plot device-no ring or even ion has been shown to hold a big bang)

Prep-Man
going back to the orion growing the size he is in new genisis. when has he shown in the ability to grow to that size in the normal universe. Just as MB grows superman when he's in new genisis it shinks orion and his power. the examples that are stated where in both universes showing that orion has the ablitiy to grow whether he's in apoc or new gen or earth. I just don't think it's right to assume he can turn the size he was shown in new gen with superman and assume he has that kind of strength either. just think about it, when superman and orion were looking at those planets they were the size of marbles to orion and superman if orion just had normal strength on new gen (which he doesn't it's been show he has super strength their too) then if he just lightly punch one of those planets the would destroy them. when on earth orion has punched the ground and has went all out. yet he didn't destroy the planet. why not????? my view mother box depowers or rescales people

You could be right. There is no real evidence, but like I said, Simonson was going to produce a story of Orion's true godly self, but it was never made, sadly.

Note, Orion does hold back A LOT. He even stated that he had to lower his energy output, so he wouldn't kill Superman and destroy the planet.

In the Teen Titans/JLA crossover, Orion's battle on the moon nearly destroyed earth as a SIDE EFFECT! He was litterally creating global scale earthquakes as a result. Now that's power.

-Pr-
wellllll it contained a big bang (which was a plot device-no ring or even ion has been shown to hold a big bang)

how do you know? where they attacked by one and failed to contain it?

OneDumbG0
When Ganthet Gave it to him. It had all of the remaining power of Ganthet and Oa in it. No. Originally posted by Zeuodin
It never ran out of juice. He's the only lantern I've ever seen actually beat Amazo. It held a big bang. That isn't normal. No.
wellllll it contained a big bang (which was a plot device-no ring or even ion has been shown to hold a big bang) And no.

celeyhyga17
hmm tough one
i go heralds 6/10

Warlord
so are we suggesting that GL rings have enough power to contain big bangs?

meaning >>>>>>> solar system explosions?

jasofisc

only that the power of the green lanterns comes from collected will power and a big bang is all the energy in the universe. they shouldn't be equal

jasofisc

oh and how nearly every green lantern and i think some guardains were needed to contain an explostion that could wipe out the milky way and even then they were hard pressed to do so.

jasofisc
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
No. No.
And no.

so no it didn't contain a big bang (imperix) or no they have been shown to contain big bangs? (show me another time where they contained a big bang blast????)

jasofisc
so are we suggesting that GL rings have enough power to contain big bangs?

meaning >>>>>>> solar system explosions?

yeap 3200 people roaming around the universe with the power of the entire universe in their ring (please not the sarcasim) which also means the doomsday>>>> the big band (before DOS a green lantern couldn't contain him) and whom ever else that the green lanters haven't been able to contain.

jasofisc
You could be right. There is no real evidence, but like I said, Simonson was going to produce a story of Orion's true godly self, but it was never made, sadly.

Note, Orion does hold back A LOT. He even stated that he had to lower his energy output, so he wouldn't kill Superman and destroy the planet.

In the Teen Titans/JLA crossover, Orion's battle on the moon nearly destroyed earth as a SIDE EFFECT! He was litterally creating global scale earthquakes as a result. Now that's power.

I agree orion is a beast (my note was only that he has gone all out before) so is morg if either underestmates each other they will fail.

manx422
Orion solos

jasofisc
Originally posted by manx422
Orion solos

only if the herlds are depowered

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.