Yu-Gi-Oh English Soundtrack vs. Dragonball Z English Soundtrack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luminatus
While the 4Kids version of Yu-Gi-Oh may take a lot of blasting for its edits and whatnot, I think most agree the soundtrack was pretty awesome. So I'm having it take on another well-known English anime OST.

So to start off with, my personal favorite most epic themes from Yu-Gi-Oh:

The Egyptian Gods battle theme
uHKr2cfIAVk

Winged Dragon of Ra's Theme
GMTVC-mfw50

Marik's Theme
iCUAt-KugWc

Toon World Theme. It's so dementedly zany..just like Pegasus' Toons.
zprs1qqXxIg

Zigfried's Theme - The only real reason to watch the Grand Championship arc
TMsI_Uq1dpU

Ridley_Prime
Wow. I forgot the Egyptian Gods (specifically the Winged Dragon of Ra) even had a theme, but very nice nonetheless. thumb up Zigfried was a dork though IMO who I never really liked for that long. Also really liked the music of this opening back in the day:

SpGW9M4Wy44

As well as Rafael's theme. The one who defeated the King of Games himself in their first duel. (too bad 4Kids kinda took this particular music out of the show)

J00xnkpez5A

The epic theme of the King of Atlantis.

Ee5hN77AXo8

The freakin' Seal of Orichalcos. The satanic card of Yu-Gi-Oh!, which I never got tired of hearing despite how many times it was used throughout the season...

y0_up7G34ak

As for DBZ, doesn't get any better than these really.

(**** the remixes. The original version of this one is where it's at)

1gEGl1mHhdE

Only wish this one could've been longer. sad It's when Cell comes back after blowing up on King Kai's world and quickly kills Trunks.

16wzc_LY67M

Super Saiyan theme.

f6Qm8Bi61BI

Super Saiyan Vegeta theme, which was surprisingly good. I remember it best when he used Final Flash for the first time (against Cell). Still hearing it brings nice chills to my spine.

flk7SJqe-3c

Gohan's RAAAAAAAAAGE!

z4uOc6hp-3A

The incredible SSJ3 theme, which made the transformation to SSJ4 look sucky in comparison because it lacked an awesome theme song no expression (needless to say, GT itself sucked anyway).

hf5L9W_Gh9o

The all-time classic Piccolo theme.

l_2BSHbv3SY

Hercule/Mr. Satan's theme which had a nice touch to it whenever he appeared in style.

5Rxy8eSEnfs

And lastly, because he's such an overlooked villain (for obvious reasons) sadly, I present to you the ever mighty King Cold's theme. D:

r_opZ237-2A

As for DBZ vs Yu-Gi-Oh themes overall... Can't really decide which one wins. I think this is just something where we all win.

psycho gundam
tie for me, it's all about nostalgia.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by psycho gundam
tie for me, it's all about nostalgia.
Sure is, and Bruce Faulconer and whoever made the Yu-Gi-Oh theme tracks sure delivered when it came to that. thumb up

Also, I apologize in advance if a thread with this many embed videos happens to slow down anyone's computer... lol They're all awesome and worth listening to though.

Quincy
dbz no contest

danteiscool
I gotta say DBZ has the better music, but the Seal of Orichalcos comes pretty damn close.

Ridley_Prime
True that. thumb up

psycho gundam
is it just me or did anyone else get amped when yugi summoned those god monsters?

my god that was such a badass decision to introduce god cards into the series, every time they were summoned i almost jizzed my pants.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.