Selene versus Deacon Frost's Nightclub...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Selene in place of Blade, opening scene of "Blade", pretty simple. This is Selene before she became Uber Selene, before she drank the blood of Corvinus.

She has her twin Beretta's, a shotgun, and the sword she used to pwn Viktor.

Can she clear? If so, better than Blade did?

Quincy
did you just watch Underworld and Blade?

Alpha Centauri
A half vampire kills a room full of vampires.

You're asking if a proper vampire can do the same thing?

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC I'm asking if Selene can clear. Blade was half vampire, but he had, as Frost said, all their strengths and none of their weaknesses. He was at least as good with Selene with guns, and, IMO, better with a sword or h2h. Bear in mind Selene's damage soak is far beyond Blade's.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I'm asking if Selene can clear. Blade was half vampire, but he had, as Frost said, all their strengths and none of their weaknesses. He was at least as good with Selene with guns, and, IMO, better with a sword or h2h. Bear in mind Selene's damage soak is far beyond Blade's.

As in Frost didn't believe he thirsted for blood and was invulnerable to sunlight and silver.

Let's examine this:

Vampires in the club can't use silver against her really.

It's a secluded club, no sunlight.

She's taken out lycans, she'll have no trouble with what are essentially a club full of half breed vampire ravers.

Again with the mismatches, RJ.

Now I'll await the wave of stipulatons that you use to make up for it.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
As in Frost didn't believe he thirsted for blood and was invulnerable to sunlight and silver.

Let's examine this:

Vampires in the club can't use silver against her really.

It's a secluded club, no sunlight.

She's taken out lycans, she'll have no trouble with what are essentially a club full of half breed vampire ravers.

Again with the mismatches, RJ.

Now I'll await the wave of stipulatons that you use to make up for it.

-AC

Dunno what good silver would be against Selene...

She is never shown facing that many enemies at one time.....

They had guns too.....

Surrounded by vampire ravers, at least a hundred, compared to fighting Lycans, one, two, maybe three at a time? (Not counting that scene where she shot the Lycans throug the door, that was epic pwnage.)

Alpha Centauri
Lycans were actively trying to kill her.

Those ravers will just panic as they did with Blade. If anything. Only a few tried fighting her.

Of course, if you mean literally every single one fighting her. Every one of the hundred at least, then again it's a mismatch. You'd have to be something monstrous.

-AC

BruceSkywalker
she clears, but may be not easy

Rogue Jedi
Lycans were actively trying to kill her.

Those ravers will just panic as they did with Blade. If anything. Only a few tried fighting her.

Of course, if you mean literally every single one fighting her. Every one of the hundred at least, then again it's a mismatch. You'd have to be something monstrous.

-AC Well, you gotta remember that the ravers knew Blade, that's why they panicked, they know shit anout Selene. But I bet they'd recognize pretty quick.

Alpha Centauri
Honestly though...

This thread is less than 10 posts in and it's done. I'm asking civilly, do you think before you make these?

It seems like you do it whenever you're excited about a film.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
haermm Yeah OK.

Alpha Centauri
No maturity in your body whatsoever is there?

I asked civilly, and that's all you give me. Utterly ridiculous.

-AC

Wei Phoenix

-AC

Well Blade is stronger than the full vampires though. Still Selene clears the nightclub of cannon fodder.

Rogue Jedi
You said bone haermm

Davis Bloome
Selene clears house easily. She has impressed me far more than Blade.

Rogue Jedi
Think about this:

The vamps were mostly running from Blade because they knew who he was, they feared him. They have no idea who Selene is, they are likely to swarm her.

Darth Truculent
Let's say Selene has the UV rounds from Evolution - no Vamp has a chance of defeating her. Lets look at her biggest feat - she defeated Marcus, the oldest and most powerful of the Vampires in h2h combat. Blade wouldn't have a prayer fighting him.

Selene has over 600 years of fighting Lycans - exactly how old is Blade? The Vamps in the nightclub are probably not as old as Selene. The older you are, the more powerful.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Let's say Selene has the UV rounds from Evolution - no Vamp has a chance of defeating her. Lets look at her biggest feat - she defeated Marcus, the oldest and most powerful of the Vampires in h2h combat. Blade wouldn't have a prayer fighting him.

Selene has over 600 years of fighting Lycans - exactly how old is Blade? The Vamps in the nightclub are probably not as old as Selene. The older you are, the more powerful.

Deacon was older than Blade and Blade beat his ass. A lot of those vampires were older than Blade and what feats does Marcus have that puts him well above Blade?

Darth Truculent
Marcus was the original Vampire - he was a hybrid and defeated Michael another hybrid twice. Marcus is over 1200 years old which makes him an Ancient. Put together Deacon & Blade couldn't defeat Marcus.

Wei Phoenix
Marcus was the original Vampire - he was a hybrid and defeated Michael another hybrid twice. Marcus is over 1200 years old which makes him an Ancient. Put together Deacon & Blade couldn't defeat Marcus.

I believe Dracula was older than 1200 years old. Marcus is not the original vampire of Blade's universe. So beating a hybrid around puts him above Blade when that Hybrid wasn't that impressive in the first place? That was basically a baby hybrid who was just getting used to his powers and new form. So what if he beats an inexperienced hybrid.

Darth Truculent
I'm talking about Deacon. Marcus was bitten by bat. Corvinus was a warlord in Hungary around the 5th Century AD and he was born shortly after. Dracula came to power in Translvania around the middle of the 16th Century AD. The part about Dracula is historically based about his rise to power. This makes Marcus FAR more older and powerful.

Blade was human/Vampire whereas Marcus was Vampire/bat. He could also change at will which makes him far more stronger. He too has expierence fighting Lycans. Blade's and Deacon's powers are puny compared to Marcus.

Wei Phoenix
I'm talking about Deacon. Marcus was bitten by bat. Corvinus was a warlord in Hungary around the 5th Century AD and he was born shortly after. Dracula came to power in Translvania around the middle of the 16th Century AD. The part about Dracula is historically based about his rise to power. This makes Marcus FAR more older and powerful.

Blade was human/Vampire whereas Marcus was Vampire/bat. He could also change at will which makes him far more stronger. He too has expierence fighting Lycans. Blade's and Deacon's powers are puny compared to Marcus.

Doesn't matter how old Dracula is historically, matters how old he is in the movie. In Blade he is the first vampire and he predates six or seven thousand years ago and he was perfect and he never had to evolve. So by your logic of age=power then Dracula is more powerful than Marcus and Blade beat a more powerful vampire.

How does changing into a bat mean he's more powerful? Maybe more versatile but not powerful. That bat could get shot out of the sky.

Darth Truculent
Valid point Wei, but Blade defeated Drake with a sword. If I remember correctly Dracula said something like "you fought with honor." Marcus is a dirty fighter and could physically best Dracula. Dracula has never fought a hybrid or Vampire of Marcus's power. Marcus would massacre his cronies before he got to him so what would Dracula be thinking? 'Crap, if this guy killed all my men without a weapon, can I seriously put up a real fight against him?'

Wei Phoenix
Valid point Wei, but Blade defeated Drake with a sword. If I remember correctly Dracula said something like "you fought with honor." Marcus is a dirty fighter and could physically best Dracula. Dracula has never fought a hybrid or Vampire of Marcus's power. Marcus would massacre his cronies before he got to him so what would Dracula be thinking? 'Crap, if this guy killed all my men without a weapon, can I seriously put up a real fight against him?'

1. You think Blade nor Dracula have fought people who fight dirty? Dracula even resorted to dirty tactics with using the baby as bait.

2. If Dracula is at least over 5000 years older than him then he isn't physically besting him according to you because Dracula is stronger by your logic.

3. Blade is not a hybrid? A daywalker?

4. Dracula is way above his "cronies" they're way weaker than him, you're acting like his lesser men are anywhere around him. Blade was the only one able to challenge him.

iceman24567
I thought the Dracula in Blade was way older than the Hungarian warlord version

Wei Phoenix
I just watched parts of the movie again and he himself said he was there and witnessed Jesus on the Cross.

iceman24567
Yeah figures they did find him in a old ass Egyptian type crypt

Utrigita
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
3. Blade is not a hybrid? A daywalker?

Not in Underworld stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
1. You think Blade nor Dracula have fought people who fight dirty? Dracula even resorted to dirty tactics with using the baby as bait.

Nomak.

Darth Truculent
Has Dracula fought Lycans that were full of rage seen in Evolution much less Lycans that can change at will? Blade may be a daywalker, but Selene too is now a "daywalker" after drinking Corvinus's blood.

Rogue Jedi
In this thread, she's pre Uber Selene.

Wei Phoenix
Has Dracula fought Lycans that were full of rage seen in Evolution much less Lycans that can change at will? Blade may be a daywalker, but Selene too is now a "daywalker" after drinking Corvinus's blood.

What does fighting a lycan full of rage mean in terms of power? Let's debate logically for a minute. I could flip this and ask if these Lycans or Marcus fought someone as old and by your logic more powerful vampire who is perfect and never needed to adapt.

Darth Truculent
Can Drake beat a Lycan of William or Luciens power? Silver doesn't seem to affect Lucien and UV doesn't hurt William. Now we have Marcus who litterally part Bat.

Wei Phoenix
Can Drake beat a Lycan of William or Luciens power? Silver doesn't seem to affect Lucien and UV doesn't hurt William. Now we have Marcus who litterally part Bat.

Sure he can, he predates the death of Jesus, the older you are the more powerful you are and what does being part bat have to do with anything? Bats aren't necessarily awesomely bad ass creatures.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.