a lightsaber runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
The question here is, if Luke using his lightsaber (can use Force only for passive abilities like enhancing physical abilities) were to try and cut each FIVE FEET of these things, how long would it take for him to cut through (NOT totally destroy, just cut straight through once), or would he fail to cut it altogether?

1. medieval plate armor
2. stormtrooper armor
3. modern tank armor
4. a droideka's force shield
5. AAT armor
6. beskar
7. cortosis (can reactivate if lightsaber shorts out after shortage is over)
8. AT-AT armor
9. Imperial Star Destroyer's hull
10. Imperial Star Destroyer's hull/w shields
11. Sun Crusher's armor
12. Superman
13. Secondary Adamantium
14. Primary Adamantium
15. Another lightsaber BLADE

Lord Lucien
...Que?

Slash_KMC
The **** is this?

Lord Lucien
This is the result of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish-squirrel.

No wait, that's humanity.

One Free Man
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
This is the result of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish-squirrel.

No wait, that's humanity. this was illogical on so many levels.

mattatom
Erm HWKA you put them in a completely illogical order. Beskar being the material which saved Boba from being decapitated in LOTF and that was only about an inch think of it. In regards to Luke cuts through AT AT armour in ESB.

Slash_KMC
Well, if Revan was using a lightsaber he would complete the gauntlet. Yes, he would even be able to cut 5 feet through another lightsaber.

mattatom
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Well, if Revan was using a lightsaber he would complete the gauntlet. Yes, he would even be able to cut 5 feet through another lightsaber. Thats one thick lightsaber blade. Like something out of Final Fantasy.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by One Free Man
this was illogical on so many levels.

Actually I can only think of one.

REXXXX
Beskar and cortosis are intended to resist the cutting qualities of lightsabers. The Sun Crusher's armor might resist... I'm not sure, I don't know much about it. 12-14 are not able to be discussed here to begin with as they're from different universes than Star Wars. 15 is impossible.

mattatom
The feat's the Sun Crusher's armour has that it can survive in the heart of a gas planet and survive a glancing full power Death Star shot. Hope that helps.

Weltall
Baba Yetu's shit.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by REXXXX
Beskar and cortosis are intended to resist the cutting qualities of lightsabers. The Sun Crusher's armor might resist... I'm not sure, I don't know much about it. 12-14 are not able to be discussed here to begin with as they're from different universes than Star Wars. 15 is impossible.

Cool.

Anybody else have any answers?

Lord Lucien
I can't tell you the secret of life, and I don't have any answers for you. I don't give interviews, and I'm no longer a public figure. I just want to be left alone. *huffs*

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I can't tell you the secret of life, and I don't have any answers for you. I don't give interviews, and I'm no longer a public figure. I just want to be left alone. *huffs*

LoL. Vader Sessions.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by mattatom
The feat's the Sun Crusher's armour has that it can survive in the heart of a gas planet and survive a glancing full power Death Star shot. Hope that helps.

*full power prototype/incompleted/not-actually-the-death-Star shot.

Hewhoknowsall
holy...do any of you guys actually want to debate in this forum anymore?

mattatom
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
*full power prototype/incompleted/not-actually-the-death-Star shot. It's stated Nemesis the gun was full operational, it just didnt have shields or the shell. The shot was full power just glanced the ship, any other ship would of been destroyed.

Oh and HWKA I do, when a topic of interest appears.

Slash_KMC
Oh and HWKA I do, when a topic of interest appears.

Or one that isn't against the rules (anything besides Star Wars does not belong here).

Hewhoknowsall
Or one that isn't against the rules (anything besides Star Wars does not belong here).

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f86/t517728.html

funny

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall

funny

It's not closed yet? I love how these rules are getting enforced on us. No wait...

Jinsoku Takai

funny

Damnit! He got ya there Slash. What in the blue balled hell is going on here?

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
Damnit! He got ya there Slash. What in the blue balled hell is going on here?

Yes, oh my god he did!!!

Except that my thread was a parody of how threads like this (with characters and stuff outside of Star Wars) didn't get closed, you want proof: Source.

Hewhoknowsall
OK guys: if you want to be picky over the rules (that many of you break), we'll remove the ones involving Superman and Adamantium.

Now...what about the others?

mattatom
OK guys: if you want to be picky over the rules (that many of you break), we'll remove the ones involving Superman and Adamantium.

Now...what about the others?

1. medieval plate armor- Clear
2. stormtrooper armor -Clear
3. modern tank armor -Clear
4. a droideka's force shield- They gotta run outta battery eventually? -Clear
5. AAT armor - Clear
6. beskar -Nope
7. cortosis (can reactivate if lightsaber shorts out after shortage is over) - Clear
8. AT-AT armor -Clear
9. Imperial Star Destroyer's hull -No idea what it's armour is made off, i'm assuming durasteel so- Clear(Eventually)
10. Imperial Star Destroyer's hull/w shields -I doubt it
11. Sun Crusher's armor- I doubt it.

15. Another lightsaber BLADE- ISn't that physically impossible? Plus that's one wide blade.

Hewhoknowsall
1. medieval plate armor- Clear
2. stormtrooper armor -Clear
3. modern tank armor -Clear
4. a droideka's force shield- They gotta run outta battery eventually? -Clear
5. AAT armor - Clear
6. beskar -Nope
7. cortosis (can reactivate if lightsaber shorts out after shortage is over) - Clear
8. AT-AT armor -Clear
9. Imperial Star Destroyer's hull -No idea what it's armour is made off, i'm assuming durasteel so- Clear(Eventually)
10. Imperial Star Destroyer's hull/w shields -I doubt it
11. Sun Crusher's armor- I doubt it.

15. Another lightsaber BLADE- ISn't that physically impossible? Plus that's one wide blade.

thank you!

Also, I was asking how long/how much effort would be required to clear each one, if at all possible.

It would clear Beskar after a while...

Jamefril
Well, if Revan was using a lightsaber he would complete the gauntlet. Yes, he would even be able to cut 5 feet through another lightsaber.

I agree.

mattatom
thank you!

Also, I was asking how long/how much effort would be required to clear each one, if at all possible.

It would clear Beskar after a while... I will agree to your request.
1-5 Hot Knife through butter-Nearly impossible

1. medieval plate armor- Clear-1
2. stormtrooper armor -Clear-1
3. modern tank armor -Clear-1
4. a droideka's force shield- They gotta run outta battery eventually? -Clear -2
5. AAT armor - Clear-1
6. beskar -Clear-4
7. cortosis (can reactivate if lightsaber shorts out after shortage is over) - Clear -4
8. AT-AT armor -Clear -1
9. Imperial Star Destroyer's hull -No idea what it's armour is made off, i'm assuming durasteel so- Clear(Eventually) -4
10. Imperial Star Destroyer's hull/w shields -I doubt it-5
11. Sun Crusher's armor- I doubt it. -5.1

15. Another lightsaber BLADE- ISn't that physically impossible? Plus that's one wide blade. -http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/over9000.jpg

Unlikely. Slash your fanboyism of Revan is bordering on fanwankery, your following in Neb's shoes. Yeah, I said it.

Slash_KMC
Unlikely. Slash your fanboyism of Revan is bordering on fanwankery, your following in Neb's shoes. Yeah, I said it.

No, Revan is actually that good. Your fanboyism of Bandon though, is on an entire new level of suicidal fanwankery.

And Neb's shoes are okay, he never wears shoes barefooted, always uses socks. Get it? Socks, Neb? If anyone doesn't think that's funny, they're stupid.

mattatom
No, Revan is actually that good. Your fanboyism of Bandon though, is on an entire new level of suicidal fanwankery.

And Neb's shoes are okay, he never wears shoes barefooted, always uses socks. Get it? Socks, Neb? If anyone doesn't think that's funny, they're stupid. I have no fanboyism of Bandon. I never have. Prove otherwise. That's funny to the degree of stupidity. Therefore you are stupid and by your own statement. Whoever doesn't find it funny is stupid, and due to it being "funny to the degree of stupidity" anyone who finds it funny is stupid as well.

Red Nemesis
Slash I dnt ndrstnd.wt r u tlkn bt? r u bn brtsh nao?

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Slash I dnt ndrstnd.wt r u tlkn bt? r u bn brtsh nao?

Bloody hell, are you saying I wasn't being British before? And I tried so hard, didn't you hear my accent?

Darth_Glentract
1. medieval plate armor - easy
2. stormtrooper armor - easy
3. modern tank armor - yes
4. a droideka's force shield - yes
5. AAT armor - also yes
6. beskar - might take a few hours or days
7. cortosis (can reactivate if lightsaber shorts out after shortage is over) - depends on how fast it shorts out. hours to months or years
8. AT-AT armor - the actual armored part, not the underbelly, probably a few minutes.
9. Imperial Star Destroyer's hull - few minutes.
10. Imperial Star Destroyer's hull/w shields - never.
11. Sun Crusher's armor - never.
12. Superman - never.
13. Secondary Adamantium - no idea.
14. Primary Adamantium - never?
15. Another lightsaber BLADE - never.

RazorMesias
Welelelelel!! versus forums has changed the last time i came here.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
1. medieval plate armor - easy
2. stormtrooper armor - easy
3. modern tank armor - yes
4. a droideka's force shield - yes
5. AAT armor - also yes
6. beskar - might take a few hours or days
7. cortosis (can reactivate if lightsaber shorts out after shortage is over) - depends on how fast it shorts out. hours to months or years
8. AT-AT armor - the actual armored part, not the underbelly, probably a few minutes.
9. Imperial Star Destroyer's hull - few minutes.
10. Imperial Star Destroyer's hull/w shields - never.
11. Sun Crusher's armor - never.
12. Superman - never.
13. Secondary Adamantium - no idea.
14. Primary Adamantium - never?
15. Another lightsaber BLADE - never.

Nice picks, but I'd say that a lightsaber could cut through beskar in less than a few hours. I mean, doesn't a single strike still leave at least a scorch mark?

mattatom
Nice picks, but I'd say that a lightsaber could cut through beskar in less than a few hours. I mean, doesn't a single strike still leave at least a scorch mark? Scroll up to my second one after I complied, I said it could be done smile

Darth_Glentract
Yeah, but five feet its a whole lot to cut through.

mattatom
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Yeah, but five feet its a whole lot to cut through. Oh damn I forgot that, It's possible depends who's holding the lightsaber. FOTJ Luke? A padawan? Grievous? Who can hit quicker/harder.

Hewhoknowsall
Oh damn I forgot that, It's possible depends who's holding the lightsaber. FOTJ Luke? A padawan? Grievous? Who can hit quicker/harder.

I said Luke in the OP.

mattatom
I said Luke in the OP. Forgot in that case, less than a day.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.