John McClane versus "Quarantine"...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
John McClane is trapped in the building from the movie "Quarantine", unarmed, and the authorities, just like in the movie, will not let him exit. He must wait it out, he must fight for his life as he waits for the authorities to decide it is safe to extract him. Does he survive?

Sadako of Girth
Of course.

Alpha Centauri
I'd say so.

Especially considering the creatures in Quarantine (And the far superior Spanish original, ) were unarmed too, and not too bright.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Without being infected? Bear in mind that there are several infected in the building.

Sadako of Girth
There were several Germans in a building with him in Die Hard.

And look what happened to THEM.

Rogue Jedi
But he had a machine gun, Ho Ho Ho.

I think this battle will take every ounce of McClane luck and that he will clear.

Placidity
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
John McClane is trapped in the building from the movie "Quarantine", unarmed, and the authorities, just like in the movie, will not let him exit. He must wait it out, he must fight for his life as he waits for the authorities to decide it is safe to extract him. Does he survive?

Depends if he realizes that this is a real 'zombie' scenario. If he knows that AND he knows that he must not be bitten, AND decides not to screw around, he should make it.

One thing that really frustrated me was that the survivors did not try to recover the government agent's assault rifle/SMG/side-arm. I think McClane would have the brains and balls to do that, and it wouldn't be too hard after that. All he would have to do is stand with his back facing the main blocked entrance which offered some illumination, and just shoot whoever was coming towards him. It would be a secure position with no chance of "surprise encounters". There weren't that many zombies/corpses I don't think, the ammo should last him.

However theres also the factor of fear, which tends to screw people up. McClane doesn't get scared when he's around terrorists/guns/etc because thats his game, but this is like a freaking horror movie/nightmare come true, it might have an impact on him. But I can see most people will say probably not and still think he will pop his one-liners after each zombie kill laughing

As for 'making it out', I don't think the authorities were going to let any survivors leave...like ever. Thats the impression I got anyway.

You know what though - I just had an idea that if they weren't going to let anyone survivors out of there, McClane could take the dead agent's clothing and radio, impersonate the agent and say its safe for him to come out and then who knows what.

Rogue Jedi
haermm Good call.

Robtard

He destroys them all, an apartment complex should be full of sharp cutting utensils and blunt bashing objects.

jinXed by JaNx
If McClane were in this movie i think the few zombies in the building would have gotten McClaned. Either that or John would have just ordered everyone to stay in the lobby where they were relatively safe.

Seriously though, with no weapons, McClane will eventually get bitten.

Hows come the gomment didn't just send in a strike team to kill all of the survivors and zombies? It's not like they were ever going to evacuate the survivors.

Sadako of Girth
We havent seen McClane in bitten conditions.

It may have no effect on him, for all we know.

Look how how well he absorbs Alchohol, Lead (when he gets shot) Explosions and Blunt Trauma...

He may also be lucky enough to be the guy who makes it without getting bitten.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

Seriously though, with no weapons, McClane will eventually get bitten.

Probably.

Robtard
Like a willful adherence to ignorance, you two.

-McClane is an expert at surviving the "locked in building" scenarios.

-There are weapons, there's an apartment complex full of them. Knives, hammers, frying pans, chairs, table legs, bottles, microwaves, floor tile, lamps, stair railing, toilets, shower curtain rings, shoes etc . If need be, McClane can use the building itself as a weapon.

-About 2% of the human population is naturally immune to any given virus; there's a 100% chance McClane is in this 2% with this virus.

/end facts

Rogue Jedi
McClane pwned Nakatomi, but he took damage, man. And, as the Vet said, rabies is 100% fatal.

Robtard
McClane's taken stepping barefoot on glass damage, varies bumps, scraps and bruises from falls, jumps and explosions, he's been punched, kicked and beaten; even shot at times. But this has all been from skilled/capable opponents and death-defying escapes.

These chumps would charge and McClane would kill them via weapons listed above before they got within biting range.

This isn't rabies, it has similar traits, but not the same for obvious reasons. This is a moot point though, as he's likely not getting bitten, for reasons listed.

Rogue Jedi
Even if he is swarmed by three or four of them?

Robtard
Even if he is swarmed by three or four of them?

He's shown some level of intelligence, so he'd likely run and pick an area where he could have an advantage, if three came at him.

Rogue Jedi
It was mostly pitch dark in the complex, and he doesn't know the layout of it. I love the Mac, you know that, but I think odds are he'll be bitten.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
-About 2% of the human population is naturally immune to any given virus; there's a 100% chance McClane is in this 2% with this virus.

/end facts

crylaugh crylaughcrylaughcrylaughcrylaughcrylaugh

BruceSkywalker
Had McClane been in this movie, then this film would have been a whole lot better... anyway McClane wtfpwns ftw

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
crylaugh crylaughcrylaughcrylaughcrylaughcrylaugh laughing what?

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, i think if McClane knew that he was facing zombies he'd just McClane the entire building by blowing it to hell and ride the flames to safety.

Rogue Jedi
Blowing it to hell how?

Robtard
Blowing it to hell how?

For someone who's recently pulled a Diehard marathon, you sure do doubt McClane's ability to blow shit up.

Rogue Jedi
OK, he uses his zippo on a gas line, risks blowing himself up, and risks being shot as he rides the McFlames to safety?

Robtard
OK, he uses his zippo on a gas line, risks blowing himself up, and risks being shot as he rides the McFlames to safety?

Now you're using that melon; this would be old-hat to McClane.

*Cues witty line* "And here I though my old-lady burned me in the divorce. Yippee-ki-yay, undead mother****ers!"

Rogue Jedi
And the police outside? They just let him go?

dadudemon
laughing what?

It was just so ridiculously over the top. I thought the McClane jokes were worn out...but you guys keep coming up with new ways.

It's like....McClane is the new Chuck Norris for jokes, here.

Rogue Jedi
Hey, I think McClane takes Riggs, that's all, I aint on his nutsac.

Sadako of Girth
Lol Yes you are.... The Riggs one.

(mustve been a job shifting Murtaugh off of your new home first, though.)

Rogue Jedi
Considering that I told you long ago that I lie McClane more, and especially now that I admit Mac takes Riggs, why would you say that?

Robtard
And the police outside? They just let him go?

He's a cop; they're a cop... it's irrelevant though, he need only survive the apartment/infected as per the thread stipulations; he clearly can. /The McEnd

Rogue Jedi
Not without being bitten, he won't.

Sadako of Girth
Prove it.

Basically its the luckiest man ever to walk the face of the police precinct.

Whom has never once been killed.

He, though, levels and smites all and sundry whom oppose him blowing them to f***dom come, be they Terrorist, armed robber, armed forces of the military, whomever.
All succumb to a firey, deathy death.

It doesnt look too good for the Zombies.

Rogue Jedi
Prove it how? Dude, he took damage galore in his exploits, why wouldn't he take damage here?

Sadako of Girth
Cause that would equal death...
(if it even affects him at all...it could be that such infection wouild be regarded by McClane as a mild hangover, by his usual hangover's standards....)
And McClane cannot be killed. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Oh yeah, there's always that haermm

Sadako of Girth
Well onscreen feats count.

And he hasnt been killed onscreen.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, that works roll eyes (sarcastic)

Placidity
Napolean Dynamite hasn't been killed either. He would make it out with his 'skills'.

Rogue Jedi
Pee Wee Herman too.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Placidity
Napolean Dynamite hasn't been killed either. He would make it out with his 'skills'.

But there was no one trying to kill him for four movies.

No teams of international terrorists.

No Corrupt paramilitary.

No FBI Choppers.

No CIA jets.

That might be why HE wasnt killed..

marwash22
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
There were several Germans in a building with him in Die Hard.

And look what happened to THEM. win.

Bloinky
Originally posted by Robtard
McClane's taken stepping barefoot on glass damage, varies bumps, scraps and bruises from falls, jumps and explosions, he's been punched, kicked and beaten; even shot at times. But this has all been from skilled/capable opponents and death-defying escapes.

These chumps would charge and McClane would kill them via weapons listed above before they got within biting range.

This isn't rabies, it has similar traits, but not the same for obvious reasons. This is a moot point though, as he's likely not getting bitten, for reasons listed.

Dude...you forget he would probably shoot himself in the process to wtfpwn a zombie.

SpadeKing
Well they aren't zombies and truthfully sending him in unarmed would be completely unfair. Sheer awesomeness, one liners, or yelling yippee-ki-yay wouldn't save him here.

Rogue Jedi
McClane didn't make it through any of the DH movies without being grappled or wounded. Here, the FAST "zombies" will run him down, will bite him. Yes, he will kill them all, but no way in hell he gets out without being bit.

Highly unlikely anyway.

SpadeKing
I could ruin the sequel for you and tell you what they are (REC 2, the better version) and unless McClane has something that can literally blow apart heads (i.e. shotgun, assault rifle, giant mallet), he isn't killing a single one of them.

P.S. they're are more than just 7 of them in the building.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.