The Last Starfighter versus the Death Stars...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Alex Rogan and his copilot, Grig, from "The Last Starfighter" versus the Death Star.

TLmAgxMIq4E&feature=related

Two scenarios....

Scenario one: The Death Star from ANH, Alex cannot use Deathblossom.

Scenario two: The Death Star from ROTJ, and Rogan can use Deathblossom.

Bear in mind that all Star Destroyers and TIE's from each battle are in this battle too.

Sadako of Girth
The Death stars pwn.

The death blossom is a once only gag.

jinXed by JaNx
what the hell is a death blossom? I could never be bothered to watch last starfighter.

Sadako of Girth
Its an attack mode where the starfighter, when surrounded, can put all of its energy into a short, very rapid fusilade of blaster shots, delivered in 360 degrees in all directions as it the craft spins fast along all axis.

But its a weapon of last defense that leaves the ship knackered after its use.

And probably it lacks the ability/power to take out more than 30 odd ties, let alone a star destroyer or a death star.

Rogue Jedi
I think he clears one with ease, but two? Star Destroyers pwn him.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
what the hell is a death blossom? I could never be bothered to watch last starfighter.

hlAsSyDAWR8&feature=related

Hewhoknowsall
Based on what I see, the Last Starfighter dudes don't have the skills to match up to a station that can destroy planets...

BruceSkywalker
Death Star ftw

Rogue Jedi
Rogan is gonna pwn every TIE thrown at him. He took on hundreds of alien fighters at a time and pwned, and his ship has uber shields. Skilled as he is, he'll easily clear the TIE's and destroy the Death Star in scenario one.

Darth Martin
Never seen the film. But how will one man-piloted aircraft destroy the Death Star?

Rogue Jedi
Missile in an exhaust vent, like Luke did.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
hlAsSyDAWR8&feature=related

oh..., no expression

Rogue Jedi
Pretty badass, yes?

Sadako of Girth
I still seriously doubt it.

Especially since the starfighter lacks guided torpedos.

And Alex Rogan was never a member of the rebellion, so the info/technical knowhow on how to destroy the death star would be woefully lacking.

Rogue Jedi
Wrong, he fired a guided torpedo in the movie. And of course he has knowledge of the Death Star, he knows everything Red Squadron knew. If he didn't, then he would have zero chance.

Sadako of Girth
Fair enough, I still say he cant last against all the ties that a Death Star and a couple of star destroyers could unleash.
That starfighter is bigger and more of a target than an x-wing.
Those trench turret guns'll make mincemeat out of him.

Not to mention that Luke had to use the force to deliver that shot.
And since Rogans not Skywalker or any other Jedi, I'd say that that shits all in that particular plan's rice krispies.

jaden101
Give the last Starfighter the team from "battle beyond the stars" and you have a combination full of epic win.

Sadako of Girth
A great underated movie, that.
Amazing score to it.

jaden101
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
A great underated movie, that.
Amazing score to it.

Anything that's a retelling of seven samurai should be on to a winner.

Sadako of Girth
Nell has to be one of the great AI characters of all time.

Smart talking ships with big jugs FTW.

Rogue Jedi
Fair enough, I still say he cant last against all the ties that a Death Star and a couple of star destroyers could unleash.
That starfighter is bigger and more of a target than an x-wing.
Those trench turret guns'll make mincemeat out of him.

Not to mention that Luke had to use the force to deliver that shot.
And since Rogans not Skywalker or any other Jedi, I'd say that that shits all in that particular plan's rice krispies.

Shields, dude, shields. The gunstar had MAD shields. Also, Luke didn't use his targeting system, dude before him did and almost made the shot, and Rogan is on another level as far as being a pure pilot.

Sadako of Girth
"Almost" didnt make it though, did it...?

To quote Admiral Ackbar, "Our shield cannot repell firepower of that magnitude".

With two death stars, multiple star Destroyers and humongous amounts of ties all shooting those shields, you thinking they can hold out...? lolz

Rogue Jedi
Um, no. Go back and read page one.

Sadako of Girth
Erm nope....you forgot to say please.

What... are you the traffic cop guy now...?

Rogue Jedi
Scenario one: Rogan clears, there were no star destroyers at the battle of Yavin.

Scenario two: Too many star destroyers.

Sadako of Girth
Nah. smile

"Ohhhh my godddd..... the quarterback IS toast!"

Thats what Vader'd be able to say after Rogan's demise in both scenarios.

Rogue Jedi
Sure, the same Vader that got Yippee Kai yay'd by Han Solo, right? The same Vader who couldn't shoot down a single farmboy?

Sadako of Girth
The force was strong with that farmboy.
And that farmboy was key to the galaxy swinging back the lightside then balance...

And he shot him and his R2 unit....

He just couldnt finish the job before Han's interruption.

Rogue Jedi
You're saying that Rogan, who took on hundreds of alien fighters alone, PLUS the command ship, could not take out a few TIE's, then launch a torpedo into the exhaust vent? His onscreen feats say otherwise.

Sadako of Girth
Yes thats nearly right! (Except there are many more TIEs involved than you maintain here) what Im saying.

Its a way bigger front profile target than an Xwing. The combined trench gun and TIE assault , PAIRED with the fact that the force doesnt flow with him, equals firey death like Red leader and Porkins.

Rogue Jedi
Really now? How many TIE's were ay the battle of Yavin? Hmm?

Yes, a Gunstar is a bigger target than an X Wing, but the Gunstar is heavily shielded and has MUCH bigger guns. Advantage: Rogan. Add the fact that he is a born starfighter, the best in the galaxy, and you got one big ass exploding Death Star.

For scenario one, anyway.

Sadako of Girth
Really now? How many TIE's were ay the battle of Yavin? Hmm?

Yes, a Gunstar is a bigger target than an X Wing, but the Gunstar is heavily shielded and has MUCH bigger guns. Advantage: Rogan. Add the fact that he is a born starfighter, the best in the galaxy, and you got one big ass exploding Death Star.

For scenario one, anyway.

"Diameter: 160 kilometers

Armament
1 Superlaser
5,000 Turbolaser Batteries
5,000 Heavy Turbolasers
2,500 Laser Cannons
2,500 Ion Cannons
768 Tractor Beam Emplacements

Crew: 265,675
including
57,276 Gunners

Troop Capacity: 607,360
including
25,984 Stormtroopers
42,782 Starship Support Staff

Total Population: In excess of one million
Taken from a Star Wars magazine, this is the figure that includes any non-military staff, such as cooks, cleaners, people who empty out garbage compactors and the valets who park TIE Fighters.

Fighter Complement:
1831 TIE Fighters
2904 TIE Assault Craft
806 TIE Boarding Craft
1384 Scouts (Whatever these are)

Warship Complement:
6 Star Destroyers
10 Battleships
39 Heavy Cruisers
17 Light Cruisers
81 Fighter Tenders
190 Troop Transports
714 Corvettes
509 Tanker Drones

Defenses:
Reinforced hull plating
Multiple overlapping shield generators
Sensor jammers
"Countermeasures"
(Either all this wasn't working well at Yavin or they were pretty poorly designed)

Cost: You have to be kidding"

1831, with 2904 supporting craft, by the looks of it... smile

The size of the guns is irrevelvant. Only the ability to use the force to shoot a torpedo at the magic moment is relevent.
And Rogans f***ed there.

The fact that its slower, more heavily armed and a bit more sheilded rates it at more like Y-wing level (and look how successful THEY were.).

Rogue Jedi
How many TIE's were DEPLOYED at the battle of Yavin? How many faced Red squadron? Think about it, how many will be deployed against ONE Gunstar?

It's one ship, dude, the Death star will scoff at it, assume it's not a threat.

And dont even compare a Y Wing to a Gunstar, that's ignorance at it's finest.

Sadako of Girth
How many TIE's were DEPLOYED at the battle of Yavin? How many faced Red squadron? Think about it, how many will be deployed against ONE Gunstar?

Well, since foreknowledge is allowed, the empire could very well do one of two things and win:

1) Realise that the ship is too big to make it down the trenches in one piece and hammer the shit out it without deploying so much as a solitary TIE.

2) Launch all of them, to shoot the gunstar down.

3) Sit back and drink imperial tea and realise that Rogan isnt a force user, and that he will not be able to execute the killing blow.

And he'll have assumed right.

Yes. Yours, not mine.

Bigger than x-wing, two seater, armed with fixed blasters, a turret, and a bit more heavily armoured... noooooooooooo no similarities there, eh....? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
Well, since foreknowledge is allowed, the empire could very well do one of two things and win:

1) Realise that the ship is too big to make it down the trenches in one piece and hammer the shit out it without deploying so much as a solitary TIE.

2) Launch all of them, to shoot the gunstar down.

3) Sit back and drink imperial tea and realise that Rogan isnt a force user, and that he will not be able to execute the killing blow.

And he'll have assumed right.

Yes. Yours, not mine.

Bigger than x-wing, two seater, armed with fixed blasters, a turret, and a bit more heavily armoured... noooooooooooo no similarities there, eh....? roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Gunstar had guided rockets, dude. LOTS of them.

The shot can be made by a highly skilled pilot like Rogan, doesn't have to be a force user.

Hey, the Falcon is bigger than both and can maneuver with the best of them.

Sadako of Girth
Well all the xwing pilots who flew have guided rockets, as you put it...

Yet only Luke was able to use the force to ram 'em home right.

Rogan doesnt have to be a force user...? In the ANH battle?
Ohhhhhhhh Im afraaaaaid that it is YOU who areeee mistaaaaaakennnnnn......about a great many thingggggssss.... stick out tongue

The falcon never went against those trench guns, and judging by how the star destroyer guns nigh on wrecked her shields in ESB, its not totally crazy to envisiage a situation where the falcon gets the shit shot outof it in the trench..... (apart from the fact that the Falcon wouldnt fit in there, most likely.)

Robtard
The Admiral commands a mass of Ties to kamizee the piss out of the Gunstar. /the end

Sadako of Girth
*Rolls credits*

*People rise with their coats to the doors*

Rogue Jedi
Jackasses haermm

Rogan took out more fighters in a few seconds than there were TIE'S at Yavin.

Robtard
Jackasses haermm

Rogan took out more fighters in a few seconds than there were TIE'S at Yavin.

Okay. Those fighters weren't also trying to ram themselves up his video-game playing ass.

I'd imagine a moon-sized base would have a massive compliment of fighters. So there's probably thousands of Ties.

Rogue Jedi
No, Rob, it's the same exact scenario as ANH.

Robtard
No, Rob, it's the same exact scenario as ANH.

How many Ties were there then?

Rogue Jedi
I think about ten? 15ish?

Robtard
I think about ten? 15ish?

Hahahahahaaa.

Rogue Jedi
What's wrong, is it like really cold there? Don't worry, they all shrivel up when it's cold.

Sadako of Girth
Then I suggest you get a hat, RJ.

Cause look what that cold did to your brain...!!!
stick out tongue

The gimphorse is never far away, is it now...?

If it was EXACTLY the same scenario as ANH, the Rogan wouldn't be in it, would he...? If the variable is Rogan participating, then Rogan'll have to defeat the ungimped opponents, otherwise, its pointeless.

If you believe that there were only 15 ties, then how efficient were they then, to have reduced that massive attacking force of X and Y wings that set out for the Death Star..? Rogan=No chance.

Rogue Jedi
Ah, there it is, the inevitable "RJ is gimping" shit. I'm not gimping and you know it, there can only be as many TIE's in this battle as were SHOWN ONSCREEN.

I'll tell ya what, when I get home in a few hours, I'll watch the battle of Yavin and we'll go from there.

Rogue Jedi
KLNZVinF6vQ

jtnu4kcKbik

There it is, count for yourself.

Sadako of Girth
Ah, there it is, the inevitable "RJ is gimping" shit. I'm not gimping and you know it, there can only be as many TIE's in this battle as were SHOWN ONSCREEN.

I'll tell ya what, when I get home in a few hours, I'll watch the battle of Yavin and we'll go from there.

Made inevitable by your actions. smile
You're basically saying "Yeah the gunstar can win...... not against both stations unhindered, but as long as they and/or the accompanying fleet only launches 15 TIES".

GIMPAGE.

Sadako of Girth
KLNZVinF6vQ

jtnu4kcKbik

There it is, count for yourself.

No need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGMvadAFqLQ
/\
Click on that link, count the TIES then let your butthurt continue.
"Theres too many of them...!!!!"

A cream might help it...?

Also, what... you think the gunstar's shields can take a death star beam in the ass from the emporer's fully armed and operational battle station...? Cause being bigger than the snub fighter sizes, like you say, I'd say it might be fair game. smile

Rogue Jedi
Made inevitable by your actions. smile
You're basically saying "Yeah the gunstar can win...... not against both stations unhindered, but as long as they and/or the accompanying fleet only launches 15 TIES".

GIMPAGE. No, I am saying that the Gunstar, with Grig piloting and Rogan as gunner, can defeat the first Death Star under the same conditions that Red squadron faced. Same number of opposing TIE's.

I already said LONG ago that Rogan probably gets pwned in scenario two, you know, the one where the asian dude says "There's too many of them."

Pay attention.

Rogue Jedi
No need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGMvadAFqLQ
/\
Click on that link, count the TIES then let your butthurt continue.
"Theres too many of them...!!!!"

A cream might help it...?

Also, what... you think the gunstar's shields can take a death star beam in the ass from the emporer's fully armed and operational battle station...? Cause being bigger than the snub fighter sizes, like you say, I'd say it might be fair game. smile

Dude, "There's too many of them!!!" is ROTJ, scenario two, which I already said Rogan will likely lose. You really need to keep up.

The Death Star is not gonna have a chance to nail Rogan with it's planet destroying beam, he'll be too close. Unless he happens to fly right over it just as the beam is coming out of it.

I'll say it again: Scenario one, Rogan pwns easily.

Scenario two: Too many star destroyers. Rogan likely loses, plus the Gunstar will be too big to fly THROUGH the Death Star.

Clear?

Rogue Jedi
BTW, The Death Star trench was big enough to accomodate three X Wings/Y Wings/TIE's at a time, the Gunstar will easily fit.

Sadako of Girth
But its too big to evade the turbolasers.

Sadako of Girth
Dude, "There's too many of them!!!" is ROTJ, scenario two, which I already said Rogan will likely lose. You really need to keep up.

The Death Star is not gonna have a chance to nail Rogan with it's planet destroying beam, he'll be too close. Unless he happens to fly right over it just as the beam is coming out of it.

I'll say it again: Scenario one, Rogan pwns easily.

Scenario two: Too many star destroyers. Rogan likely loses, plus the Gunstar will be too big to fly THROUGH the Death Star.

Clear?

But if the scenario includes two death stars hes screwed.

Disputed about how easy Rogan would find the ANH scenario, as hes not a force user. smile

Do try to keep up.

Rogue Jedi
Grig was a killer pilot, and the Gunstar was maneuverable as hell, avoiding the turbolasers would be child's play. SHIELDS.

Again, it was never implied that ONLY a force user could make the shot.

Robtard
Sorry, son. I'm not buying that the Deathstar only has a compliment of 15 fighters, it absolutely defies logic and common sense. I know the Empire is semi-retarded, but you're making them go full retard for this fight.

Might as well argue that a Nimitz-class supercarrier only has a compliment of 1 aircraft.

Rogue Jedi
Jesus Rob, are you seriously not getting it?

Robtard
Jesus Rob, are you seriously not getting it?

Logic > than your gimplelations.

Rogue Jedi
OK, I'll go slow for you....

Rogan is in the same exact scenario as Red squadron is..........That means the same amount of TIE's.......Tarkin ordered X amount of TIE's deployed.......He did this for a considerable number of X wings.......Rogan is one man in a Gunstar..........See where I am going?

Robtard
Then the 15 Ties along with Deathstar's guns pound it into shit. /the end

Rogue Jedi
Rogan was uber compared to the X Wing pilots, and the Gunstar has MAD shields. Evading the slow firing turbolasers will be child's play to him.

Robtard
Rogan was uber compared to the X Wing pilots, and the Gunstar has MAD shields. Evading the slow firing turbolasers will be child's play to him.

He's not logically going to evade everything, the ship would wear down and it'd go boom, well, more of an inplode.

Rogue Jedi
How many X Wings fell victim to the turbolasers?

Robtard
How many X Wings fell victim to the turbolasers?

Rogue Jedi
Scenario one haermm 42 ftw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.