Sun-dipped Superman vs King Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Superman gets a full dip in the Sun, like in OWAW. Thor has full Odinforce.

Who wins?

Kris Blaze
King Thor could stop time by moving his hand slightly. Superman was not strong enough to beat someone like that by the time this happens.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
King Thor could stop time by moving his hand slightly. Superman was not strong enough to beat someone like that by the time this happens. that's his first move? unlikely.

this isn't just a powerset debate, on KMC we take character's personalities into effect.

quanchi112
King Thor wins.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Starscream M
that's his first move? unlikely.
Fighting at full potential.

xJLxKing
KT wins. He has a lot of magic

Starscream M
Fighting at full potential. yes, but still fighting in character. You think thor would choose to stop time before he even gets a feel for his enemy's power level? come on.

The Nuul
KT

Starscream M
Originally posted by xJLxKing
KT wins. He has a lot of magic And? Magic isn't like an instant win against Superman.

That magic has to be able to find its target...and Thor would be hardpressed to get off his attacks against the god that is Sundipped Superman.

carver9
And? Magic isn't like an instant win against Superman.

That magic has to be able to find its target...and Thor would be hardpressed to get off his attacks against the god that is Sundipped Superman.

Stop calling him a god, odin is a god.

kgkg
lol

quanchi112
yes, but still fighting in character. You think thor would choose to stop time before he even gets a feel for his enemy's power level? come on. I do agree that in character he probably wouldn't stop time, but Superman is still susceptible to magic. Thor still has all of his abilities and was powerful enough to behead the Destroyer. Supes won't win.

Kris Blaze
And? Magic isn't like an instant win against Superman.

No. Thor stopped the time. That affects everybody. It's not a bow and arrow.

yes, but still fighting in character. You think thor would choose to stop time before he even gets a feel for his enemy's power level? come on.
He knows that Superman is strong and that it works.

carver9
Starscream, you usually make the best threads but this fight is lopsided.

Starscream M
It's not a bow and arrow.
laughing out loud good one

He knows that Superman is strong and that it works. fair enough

Starscream M
Originally posted by carver9
Starscream, you usually make the best threads but this fight is lopsided. thanks, I thought it would've been a close fight honestly. sundipped superman isn't just superman x10, he seems like a whole different being.

quanchi112
thanks, I thought it would've been a close fight honestly. sundipped superman isn't just superman x10, he seems like a whole different being. So is Thor though. Superman's weaknesses didn't go away as far as they showed us he just was a lot more powerful than we ever saw him prior to.

carver9
I dont consider magic to be a weakness of Superman so I dont know why people keep saying that.

Magic just go around the laws of physics. Magic can over come almost anything just like brute strength can almost over come anything (example, prime).

Given enough will power, it would take a huge amount of magic to drop Superman.

Any other showings of magic affecting Superman with 1 solid blow is a low showing to me.

carver9
I gave Thor the majority in this fight because he was just plain out ridiculous power wise.

kgkg
I gave Thor the majority in this fight because he was just plain out ridiculous power wise. Without time stop you think Superman can win?

quanchi112
I dont consider magic to be a weakness of Superman so I dont know why people keep saying that.

Magic just go around the laws of physics. Magic can over come almost anything just like brute strength can almost over come anything (example, prime).

Given enough will power, it would take a huge amount of magic to drop Superman.

Any other showings of magic affecting Superman with 1 solid blow is a low showing to me. A sword tempered in magic can cut Superman. WW did so. If it were a regular sword it couldn't just make him bleed that easily. Mordru also commented on this as a weakness as recently as legion of three worlds.

You'd need very powerful magic to hurt this Superman, but the odinforce is more than capable of doing so.

iceman24567
Thor carves a hole into Superman's chest

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
A sword tempered in magic can cut Superman. WW did so. If it were a regular sword it couldn't just make him bleed that easily. Mordru also commented on this as a weakness as recently as legion of three worlds.

You'd need very powerful magic to hurt this Superman, but the odinforce is more than capable of doing so.

You didnt get my post. Magic sword > Regular sword. Two different properties.

Some people are more resistant to magic than others. That same magic knife would be able to cut juggernaut, hulk, almost any top tier that we can think of because of the knife properties.

Hell, magic has also harmed galactus, magic has also harmed thor (turning him into a frog), odin, etc....

Magic, is magic, its in its on league but a magical attack (energy source), I could see superman resisting this more than a bladed, magical attack.

To me he has some resistance to it. It just depends on the type of attack.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by kgkg
Without time stop you think Superman can win?

Still shouldn't have a chance. King Thor was definitely around Odin's level, contrary to this board's opinion.

Starscream M
Still shouldn't have a chance. King Thor was definitely around Odin's level, contrary to this board's opinion. and sundipped Superman wasn't?

quanchi112

Some people are more resistant to magic than others. That same magic knife would be able to cut juggernaut, hulk, almost any top tier that we can think of because of the knife properties.

Hell, magic has also harmed galactus, magic has also harmed thor (turning him into a frog), odin, etc....

Magic, is magic, its in its on league but a magical attack (energy source), I could see superman resisting this more than a bladed, magical attack.

To me he has some resistance to it. It just depends on the type of attack. If you want to ignore multiple sources confirming Superman is weak against magic then by all means do so.

I never said magic meant an auto win against Superman I referred to it as a weakness because that's what it is. A magical sword is still more effective against Superman than against the Hulk, Thor, etc.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/03.jpg

Kris Blaze
and sundipped Superman wasn't?

Bingo.

iceman24567

To me he has some resistance to it. It just depends on the type of attack. You are for the most part correct thumb up

carver9
If you want to ignore multiple sources confirming Superman is weak against magic then by all means do so.

I never said magic meant an auto win against Superman I referred to it as a weakness because that's what it is. A magical sword is still more effective against Superman than against the Hulk, Thor, etc.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/03.jpg

What did you prove by that scan?

He's shot by an energy attack thats magic base.

Again it will have an impact on him, he will feel it BUT if its a weakness for him then its a weakness for almost everyone in MU and DC.

I think DC call it a weakness because almost any other attack that is used against Superman is basically brushed off. So when an attack that is used against him puts him in pain or shows a sign of pain, its classified as a weakness.

If magic was truly a weakness of Superman, he would have been dead a long time ago due to all the magic wielders he has fought.

Kryptonite is a weakness of Superman, when he's hit by it, he drops, he's helpless, cant move (sometimes).

Red sunlight is a weakness of Superman because again, he drops, powers deplet, etc.. he's helpless.

When magic hits him, he's still fighting, still maintain his full strength, heat, vision, etc... it just bruise him but if we use that as an example (him getting injured) then super human strength should also be a weakness. confused

DarkOdin

To me he has some resistance to it. It just depends on the type of attack.

Nice post but the thing is Superman has no way to counter magic

xJLxKing
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Obviously, you don't know Superman. He has overcame magic, and he even got a upgrade against magic

carver9
Originally posted by DarkOdin

Almost no one truly has a way of countering magic unless that person is also a magic weilder

Kris Blaze
Obviously, you don't know Superman. He has overcame magic, and he even got a upgrade against magic
Which has been ignored on several occasions, just like Manhunter's resistance to fire, Reed's understanding of magic and countless other incidents. Regardless, having a resistance to magic wouldn't make any difference against King Thor. Desak, who thanks to Tarene's empowerment, clad in the destroyer armour, was taken down by King Thor. Being resistant isn't enough. Surtur is nothing but magic, and he went down.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I honestly think people are selling Sundipped Supes short here. He was a beast in OWAW and Thor WOULD decided to get physical. Thus I see Supes taking some wins if Thor fights stupid. Assuming he doesn't and realizes he's up against a beast, his versatility and power should give him the majority.

quanchi112
What did you prove by that scan?

He's shot by an energy attack thats magic base.

Again it will have an impact on him, he will feel it BUT if its a weakness for him then its a weakness for almost everyone in MU and DC.

I think DC call it a weakness because almost any other attack that is used against Superman is basically brushed off. So when an attack that is used against him puts him in pain or shows a sign of pain, its classified as a weakness.

If magic was truly a weakness of Superman, he would have been dead a long time ago due to all the magic wielders he has fought.

Kryptonite is a weakness of Superman, when he's hit by it, he drops, he's helpless, cant move (sometimes).

Red sunlight is a weakness of Superman because again, he drops, powers deplet, etc.. he's helpless.

When magic hits him, he's still fighting, still maintain his full strength, heat, vision, etc... it just bruise him but if we use that as an example (him getting injured) then super human strength should also be a weakness. confused That he has a weakness to magic. That's exactly what I stated yet it doesn't sink into you. Dc writers and what not call it a weakness because it is one of his weaknesses. They don't just say magical weakness and constantly state this for their health do they?

Find me another character with as many instances of this being referred to as a weakness. Prime seems to laugh off magical blows, but Superman cannot.

You still aren't getting it. I never said he CAN'T OVERCOME magical users I only stated it's still a weakness. The hero lives to fight another day always unless they decide to kill a hero off, but if that hero is popular enough they will always come back because it's a business first and foremost.

Superman brings in the revenue as does, spiderman, hulk, Thor, wolverine, etc. so even if they go up against the worst odds they will make it out alive or come back to life in some manner.

This is a forum battle where you can kill your opponent.

You seem to be confusing weakness to depowering. Magic hurts him more so, but it doesn't make him powerless or drop to his knees immediately. That's why I said he can overcome it, but he's still at a disadvantage as it effects him more.

BattleMage
Thor stomps!

carver9
That he has a weakness to magic. That's exactly what I stated yet it doesn't sink into you. Dc writers and what not call it a weakness because it is one of his weaknesses. They don't just say magical weakness and constantly state this for their health do they?

Find me another character with as many instances of this being referred to as a weakness. Prime seems to laugh off magical blows, but Superman cannot.

You still aren't getting it. I never said he CAN'T OVERCOME magical users I only stated it's still a weakness. The hero lives to fight another day always unless they decide to kill a hero off, but if that hero is popular enough they will always come back because it's a business first and foremost.

Superman brings in the revenue as does, spiderman, hulk, Thor, wolverine, etc. so even if they go up against the worst odds they will make it out alive or come back to life in some manner.

This is a forum battle where you can kill your opponent.

You seem to be confusing weakness to depowering. Magic hurts him more so, but it doesn't make him powerless or drop to his knees immediately. That's why I said he can overcome it, but he's still at a disadvantage as it effects him more.

Good post but if it was anything else besides magic then I would agree with you.

Lets use juggernaut since he has one of the highesst durability in comics.

Juggernaut was burned down to the bones by magic.

Juggernaut was stabbed in the eye by a magical blade.

Juggernaut lost his bio forcefield due to magic.

quanchi112
Good post but if it was anything else besides magic then I would agree with you.

Lets use juggernaut since he has one of the highesst durability in comics.

Juggernaut was burned down to the bones by magic.

Juggernaut was stabbed in the eye by a magical blade.

Juggernaut lost his bio forcefield due to magic. Magic can still affect magic. Your post just addresses that. The fact of the matter is a magically amped punch hurts Superman more than just a punch from someone with super strength. That's always been my point.

carver9
Magic can still affect magic. Your post just addresses that. The fact of the matter is a magically amped punch hurts Superman more than just a punch from someone with super strength. That's always been my point.

I got your point. So basically with your point you admit that thor, juggernaut, galactus, odin, and hulk along with a thousand others also share that magic weakness.

iceman24567
laughing

quanchi112
I got your point. So basically with your point you admit that thor, juggernaut, galactus, odin, and hulk along with a thousand others also share that magic weakness. No, they don't. Magic hurst Superman moreso than these characters as it's his weakness not theirs. Magic can effect them all.

You're the same guy who thinks wolverine can "speedblitz" so I am not surprised you don't get it.

xJLxKing
Which has been ignored on several occasions, just like Manhunter's resistance to fire, Reed's understanding of magic and countless other incidents. Regardless, having a resistance to magic wouldn't make any difference against King Thor. Desak, who thanks to Tarene's empowerment, clad in the destroyer armour, was taken down by King Thor. Being resistant isn't enough. Surtur is nothing but magic, and he went down.
I am talking about Magic in general, and I already admitted Superman loses.

As for Superman's magic resistant, it was given to him, and I do not remember it being ignored. In fact, it was been strengthened since then

carver9
No, they don't. Magic hurst Superman moreso than these characters as it's his weakness not theirs. Magic can effect them all.

You're the same guy who thinks wolverine can "speedblitz" so I am not surprised you don't get it.

LOL, Wolverine cant blitz? confused You might have me there.

Why dont they share that same weakness since it has impacted each and every last one of them just as much as it did Superman?

quanchi112
LOL, Wolverine cant blitz? confused You might have me there.

Why dont they share that same weakness since it has impacted each and every last one of them just as much as it did Superman? The burden is on you to do so. I put up a scan referring to Superman's magical weakness and gave examples. You gave examples of magic affecting other characters. None of the characters you mentioned are immune to magic so I really have no clue why you thought you were on to something.

carver9
The burden is on you to do so. I put up a scan referring to Superman's magical weakness and gave examples. You gave examples of magic affecting other characters. None of the characters you mentioned are immune to magic so I really have no clue why you thought you were on to something.

My point was/is I dont think its a weakness, Superman weakness is kryptonite and red sunlight.

Kris Blaze
I am talking about Magic in general, and I already admitted Superman loses.

As for Superman's magic resistant, it was given to him, and I do not remember it being ignored. In fact, it was been strengthened since then

It was taught to him.

iceman24567
My point was/is I dont think its a weakness, Superman weakness is kryptonite and red sunlight. yes

xJLxKing
It was taught to him.
When you are taught, you are given someone thing laughing out loud

but yeah you are right

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
yes

I change my mind, it is a weakness, Iceman is agreeing with me. wink

xJLxKing
I change my mind, it is a weakness, Iceman is agreeing with me. wink http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/CoyoteSolar/stop.gif

carver9
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/CoyoteSolar/stop.gif

laughing

quanchi112
My point was/is I dont think its a weakness, Superman weakness is kryptonite and red sunlight. The scan proves you are wrong. You can live in denial but this always been the case for Superman. Those are other weaknesses which affect him even more than magic.

carver9
The scan proves you are wrong. You can live in denial but this always been the case for Superman. Those are other weaknesses which affect him even more than magic.

Answer this, do you consider it a weakness for galactus also?

batdude123
It was taught to him.

Phantom Stranger also gave him some magic resistance, iirc.

zeel
and sundipped Superman wasn't?

newp.

quanchi112
Answer this, do you consider it a weakness for galactus also? No.

carver9
No.

So basically even if it affects the person, it would basically have to be said that its a weakness for you to accept it?

quanchi112
So basically even if it affects the person, it would basically have to be said that its a weakness for you to accept it? Yes, because like I said it is completely different than one being referred to as a weakness over and over again and magic affecting you.

h1a8
Superman kills Thor easily with one punch. Faster than 1 thought can register in Thor's brain. Thor would here the bell and then instantly be dead.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman kills Thor easily with one punch. Faster than 1 thought can register in Thor's brain. Thor would here the bell and then instantly be dead. Scans of him doing so?

h1a8
Scans of him doing so?

I can show you scans of King Thor getting seriously hurt by infinitely weaker forces.

carver9
Superman kills Thor easily with one punch. Faster than 1 thought can register in Thor's brain. Thor would here the bell and then instantly be dead.

LOL, h1a8, I think you say these things to irritate people when all in all, in your head, you know that it wont be this easy.

quanchi112
I can show you scans of King Thor getting seriously hurt by infinitely weaker forces. You made a claim about something not supported by the comics themselves. You live in your own little world.

King Kandy
So basically even if it affects the person, it would basically have to be said that its a weakness for you to accept it?
Magic can hurt anyone. It just happens to hurt superman more than it would someone else who is on a comparable level.

batdude123
Originally posted by King Kandy
Magic can hurt anyone. It just happens to hurt superman more than it would someone else who is on a comparable level.

Not really. erm

Chopsum
I can show you scans of King Thor getting seriously hurt by infinitely weaker forces.

Superman has been beaten by Batman so I fail to see the legitimacy of such logic.

batdude123
Originally posted by Chopsum
Superman has been beaten by Batman so I fail to see the legitimacy of such logic.

Originally posted by batdude123
Not really. erm

zeel
LOL, h1a8, I think you say these things to irritate people when all in all, in your head, you know that it wont be this easy. rock

Chopsum

Yeah he has, kryptonite ring and all.

zeel
Not really. erm

yes really even with the upgrades captian marvel has much higher resistances to magic then supes. And is compareable to. Supe's weakness to magic is not as great as it used to be but it still harms him more then other classes such as cap or say wonder woman or thor.

h1a8

Only with kryptonite has batman even remotely harmed a non weakened Superman.

Chopsum
Only with kryptonite has batman even remotely harmed a non weakened Superman.

Exactly my point and he's just human. Superman is a tank no doubt but he isn't touching King Thor.

h1a8
Exactly my point and he's just human. Superman is a tank no doubt but he isn't touching King Thor.

First of all this is not Superman but a sundipped one (The one that can kill King Thor with one punch).
Second, Superman would beat King Thor before King Thor had a chance to act.

Chopsum
First of all this is not Superman but a sundipped one (The one that can kill King Thor with one punch).

Anyone that can control time isn't worried about speed.

You spend to much time pretending in a pretend world.

thanos-prime
Second, Superman would beat King Thor before King Thor had a chance to act. Superman can't kill king thor with one punch and it's kinda hard to move when your frozen in time.

carver9

LOL, I bet your bed is soak and wet.

h1a8
Anyone that can control time isn't worried about speed.

You spend to much time pretending in a pretend world.

Thor can't manipulate time before Superman pops him. Remember Superman will move and hit Thor in less than a nanosecond. AFAIK it takes Thor at least a good moment to even manipulate time.

thanos-prime
Thor can't manipulate time before Superman pops him. Remember Superman will move and hit Thor in less than a nanosecond. AFAIK it takes Thor at least a good moment to even manipulate time. And it's not like superman is gonna kill him in 1 hit.

-Pr-

proof that he could one shot thor?

gogogadgetgo
Thor can't manipulate time before Superman pops him. Remember Superman will move and hit Thor in less than a nanosecond. AFAIK it takes Thor at least a good moment to even manipulate time.

proof?

Warlord
proof

Kris Blaze
Lol at King Thor being hurt by infinitely weaker people than Superman. I count Desak with his enchanted weapons and nothing more.
Phantom Stranger also gave him some magic resistance, iirc.
That's the incident I'm referring to. Superman's "weakness" came from lack of knowledge. Once PS helped him understand it, his "weakness" to it was that of any other on his level.

OneDumbG0
^ I think you're confusing circumstances in that story-arc, Phantom Stranger doesn't help Superman understand his "weakness" to magic: Originally posted by OneDumbG0
And as far as I know, Zatanna only taught Superman how to recognize and resist magical attempts to subvert his will in Superman #662. And Phantom Stranger's gift to Superman in Superman Annual #13 was temporary. Superman's own thought captions refer to the protection as protecting him for the time being and Arion also states that if he was at full power, the enchantment would be worthless. I've never seen Superman resisting magic after his Arion fight nor see Superman's S-shield glow after being attacked by magic after this fight. And I've never seen this magical boost even referenced after this fight. Indeed, he was waylaid by magic-K in the more recent Superman/Batman #46 and Phantom Stranger was present in that issue as well. Where was this so-called magic resistance then? For you to assume that Phantom Stranger's temporary gift has lasted past that one fight would involve even more presumptiveness than current Thor retaining his Rune magics. Phantom Stranger's gift has never been depicted nor mentioned again and there's current evidence against Superman having it.Unless you're thinking of another scene I'm unaware of...

h1a8
Originally posted by -Pr-

The proof lies in the fact that King Thor has been hurt by infinitely weaker forces. One hit from this multi-galaxy powered Superman should put a clean hole through Thor (or turn him into a blood smear). This Superman can remove Thor's arm even easier or his head for that matter.

h1a8
Originally posted by thanos-prime
And it's not like superman is gonna kill him in 1 hit.

In your opinion how strong does someone has to be to one-shot King Thor? Be honest now and choose the level below. I put the list in order of least to greatest amount of force needed. For example, it takes more force to do 2. than it takes to do 1. So what is the first number Thor falls at?

1. Strong enough to one-shot a planet with a punch
2. Strong enough to move a planet at noticeable speed
3. Strong enough to move several planets at noticeable speed
4. The strength of a whole sun sized star
5. The strength of a galaxy
6. The strength of many galaxies
7. Infinite strength (The strength of an universe).

Stoic
All Star Superman would whoop his @#%$*^g a$$. 40 quintillion tons!!! with one hand.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ I think you're confusing circumstances in that story-arc, Phantom Stranger doesn't help Superman understand his "weakness" to magic: Unless you're thinking of another scene I'm unaware of...

Nothing comes to mind, so it's probably the annual I'm thinking of.

quanchi112
Nothing comes to mind, so it's probably the annual I'm thinking of. Odg's 100 percent correct. Phantom Stranger grants his "s" emblem a magical shield against a depowered Arion's attacks. Have no idea what you are talking about.

Allankles
Odg's 100 percent correct. Phantom Stranger grants his "s" emblem a magical shield against a depowered Arion's attacks. Have no idea what you are talking about.

It wasn't Phantom Stranger that granted Superman protection from Arion. That came from Zatanna teaching him the essential principles of magic, which allowed Supes to understand how to resist Arion's spell when he attacked him in Metropolis.

The Phantom Stranger deal affected other situations namely the kryptonian demon that tried to take over Superman's mind in # 666.

OneDumbG0
^ I think you're thinking about two different things. Zatanna's teachings allowed him to realize that spells which overcome your will can be fought off by just using your will. He used those teachings to help ward off just such a spell by focusing on real-life tethers to reality, like any normal person would. The Phantom Stranger gift was something that protected him from being blasted by Arion's spells temporarily. It manifested itself as a glowing S-shield and hasn't been seen outside of that story-arc.

Phantom Stranger did something altogether different in Superman #666. Something about splitting his soul so that none of Superman's actions actually corrupted his own soul, which was what the Kryptonian demon wanted to do by creating a nightmarish dream reality. That magical assistance had no connection to the glowing S-shield from Superman Annual #13 as I recall.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles
It wasn't Phantom Stranger that granted Superman protection from Arion. That came from Zatanna teaching him the essential principles of magic, which allowed Supes to understand how to resist Arion's spell when he attacked him in Metropolis.

The Phantom Stranger deal affected other situations namely the kryptonian demon that tried to take over Superman's mind in # 666. Wrong. It's stated plain as day here in the scan.

How can so many people confuse this when it's plain as day.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/08-3.jpg

Supes beat a depowered mage with a spell of protection on him.

tsscls
Originally posted by -Pr-
That's funny. Fanboy Mod!! Haven't been here in awhile. See you next year! Happy Dance

Bentley
Question: If Magus can survive having his heart taken out using magic, would that mean he's more magical than King Thor?

Allankles
Wrong. It's stated plain as day here in the scan.

How can so many people confuse this when it's plain as day.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/08-3.jpg

Supes beat a depowered mage with a spell of protection on him.

Ok. Cool. I thought you were talking about the incident with Arion's attempted mind control.

Allankles
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ I think you're thinking about two different things. Zatanna's teachings allowed him to realize that spells which overcome your will can be fought off by just using your will. He used those teachings to help ward off just such a spell by focusing on real-life tethers to reality, like any normal person would. The Phantom Stranger gift was something that protected him from being blasted by Arion's spells temporarily. It manifested itself as a glowing S-shield and hasn't been seen outside of that story-arc.

Phantom Stranger did something altogether different in Superman #666. Something about splitting his soul so that none of Superman's actions actually corrupted his own soul, which was what the Kryptonian demon wanted to do by creating a nightmarish dream reality. That magical assistance had no connection to the glowing S-shield from Superman Annual #13 as I recall.

I have #666 and the aforementioned Zatanna magical teaching issue. I don't have Superman annual 13, first time I'm seeing it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.