General Grievous vs. Barricade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
http://www.joecorroney.com/comics101/content/2004/artfor20040422/GeneralGrievousFinal.jpg http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/f/fe/MovieBarricade_render1.jpg/606px-MovieBarricade_render1.jpg
This is the Clone Wars incarnation of Grievous from the 03-05 mini-series.

Grievous has crashlanded on an island Earth of where Barricade is blowing stuff up. The droid general intervenes and challenges the Decepticon to a duel to the death. Barricade casually accepts. Grievous has 6 lightsabers and a blaster rifle. Who leaves alive?

Setting: Tatooine

Combatants
*General Grievous (Star Wars: Clone Wars)
-(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXQx_QLY8XM&feature=related)
*Barricade (Transformers)

Hewhoknowsall
SIX lightsabers???

Anyway, this is a tossup. If Grevious can block Barricade's shots and get within melee wins, he stomps as a lightsaber would easily cut through Barricade.

But I wonder if he can get close.

Darth Martin
I don't know. It's not like one lightsaber stab will kill Barricade. These things eat punishment. See how many stabs Megatron and Starscream were soaking from Prime. Now lower the size proportion and you have this fight.

Obviously he won't fight with 6 at one time. The most we've seen him use if 5. But he's most proficient when he uses 2. He whips out the other 2 when he wants to suprise or intimidate. I doubt anyone's going to intimidate Barricade.

Impediment
Whoa, whoa, whoa.............

Grievous from the 03-05 mini-series?

In other words, not from a movie?

This is illegal and you know it.

I'll allow you a chance to fix it, else I have to close this thread.

Robtard
Why not just say it's GG from the movies, he has four sabres instead of six (and a pistol?), he isn't jumping and flipping about like he did in the CN mini-series; Barricade blows him to shit via long range attacks. /the end

Blinky
Originally posted by Robtard
Why not just say it's GG from the movies, he has four sabres instead of six (and a pistol?), he isn't jumping and flipping about like he did in the CN mini-series; Barricade blows him to shit via long range attacks. /the end

Pre-cog...

I jest, I jest.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Impediment
Whoa, whoa, whoa.............

Grievous from the 03-05 mini-series?

In other words, not from a movie?

This is illegal and you know it.

I'll allow you a chance to fix it, else I have to close this thread. Why does it have to be labeled a movie? IMO this is one of the bigger flaws in this particular forum. Is that animation any different from The Incredibles? Do that particular series not put forth viable feats that can be compared to others that are called films.

Why do you sat you "have" to close it. You are the authority. No one is forcing you.

I'm not going to fix it because I know the film version of Grievous cannot compete with Barricade. Thus I'd be breaking a rule you instituted by creating a spite thread.

Closing a thread because the form of animation isn't a movie and it's a tv show is ludicrous. You'll probably say it's forum rules. You made them. I didn't vote on them. I have no problem with you closing spite threads and the like. But to close them for reasons like this is lame.

I by no way mean to call you out. The only reason I didn't respond to you in a PM is because you might have dismissed my opinion for being on persons. Other people may feel the same way I do. Some may disagree with me. In any event there opinions should be heard. Remember when you closed my "Can Marvel Bring Down Optimus Prime?" thread? You said it was spite. When you honored my request to reopen it and after it sat for awhile and people were given a chance to respond and post the majority favored Prime winning. Just b/c you think it's spite doesn't mean that's the general consensus. That logic applies here as well.

Please reconsider your "Any thread with a tv character will automatically be closed." rule. There are great debates concerning characters that lie within the TV realm that we've yet to make in fear of it being closed. No disrespects.

Impediment
This is the MOVIE VERSUS FORUM.

It's not a movie character?

It's closed.

See the MVF Rule Thread if you have any complaints.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.