Zatanna vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aztec123
Can Zatanna defeat the Titan?

Warlord
no

Zeuodin
Yes She can.

Warlord
no she can't

Aztec123
Yes, she can!!!! stick out tongue

Warlord
hmmm I never thought it that way...ok then...smile

Slaanesh
Thanos 10/10

thanos-prime
Thanos

-Pr-
Is there any reason why she simply couldn't wish him away?

Warlord
Don't you think that if she could just do that she'd be the most powerful character in DC earth?

Also she already said that her powers do not work that way at Obsidian age when she was requested to do something similar to Gamnenae

-Pr-
Originally posted by Warlord
Don't you think that if she could just do that she'd be the most powerful character in DC earth?

Also she already said that her powers do not work that way at Obsidian age when she was requested to do something similar to Gamnenae

They work on most beings. Even if she doesn't make you disappear, she can freeze you if she wants.

and she is arguably the most powerful character on the planet.

Warlord
she is?

what about Phantom Stranger or Dr Fate?

anyway...I don't see Thanos loosing

-Pr-
she is?

what about Phantom Stranger or Dr Fate?

anyway...I don't see Thanos loosing

Phantom Stranger doesn't really do much. He's just nigh-impossible to beat and the like.

Fate hasn't been great in a long time, tbh.

You don't think her magic would work on him?

Warlord
actually no.

Thanos' powers are described to be a mix of cosmic energies, mystic forces (which is our case) and tcnology so I see him resisiting her spells

If I'm not mistaken he has resisted Strange in the past

redhotrash
Come to think of it, I really dont remember him and Strange clashing like, at all during any of the Infinity affairs. When have they fought exactly?

Warlord
I may be wrong about it I though it was in Infinity Wars

Lord Feron
Kinda shocked people think Zatanna is going to win... confused

jrodslam
She can win.

EDIT: Unless Thanos is immune to magic then....

Warlord
Originally posted by jrodslam
She can win.

EDIT: Unless Thanos is immune to magic then....

majority?

complexbrother
Thanos gains a new concubine.

Omega Vision
As I recall the only reason Zatanna couldn't put down Lobo was because she wasn't willing to use a death spell but otherwise she was owning him. So if CIS is off Zatanna stomps regular Thanos.

Warlord
I though Lobo can't really die

Lord Feron
Thanos ***** slaps Worlock and can handle the magus (w/o ig of course). Both use cosmic level magic (thats how they descirbe it not I). I mean I guess Zatanna's best spell would be effective but not enough imo.

Reason I use Worlock and Magus is because as far as i know, thats the only quasi magical users that fought thanos.

Lobo, Sun Eater, and the big names Zatanna has taken down aint that much compared to thanos.

iceman24567
What? a fully formed Sun-Eater is not much compared to Thanos the face palm smiley wouldn't express how i feel about that statement

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Thanos ***** slaps Worlock and can handle the magus (w/o ig of course). Both use cosmic level magic (thats how they descirbe it not I). I mean I guess Zatanna's best spell would be effective but not enough imo.

Reason I use Worlock and Magus is because as far as i know, thats the only quasi magical users that fought thanos.

Lobo, Sun Eater, and the big names Zatanna has taken down aint that much compared to thanos.
You said a Sun Eater isn't much compared to Thanos?

Warlord
so actually Zatana is at Skyfather level now?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by iceman24567
What? a fully formed Sun-Eater is not much compared to Thanos the face palm smiley wouldn't express how i feel about that statement

i thought he was in his infancy at the time Zatanna tangoed with him....

Zeuodin
so actually Zatana is at Skyfather level now?
aren't most high end mages? They sure as heck do all kinds of crazy things.

iceman24567
i thought he was in his infancy at the time Zatanna tangoed with him.... StarBreaker is a adult version of a Sun Eater erm

xJLxKing
I seriously don't see Zatanna winning the majority. I don't see how her magic to kill Thanos, the only one I could think of is the one that worked on StarBreaker and it only kept him down for a while. Not to mention that all her power went into the hit. Perhaps it can KO Thanos without his shield

So something like this
Remove Shield using magic, then that attack.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I seriously don't see Zatanna winning the majority. I don't see how her magic to kill Thanos, the only one I could think of is the one that worked on StarBreaker and it only kept him down for a while. Not to mention that all her power went into the hit. Perhaps it can KO Thanos without his shield

So something like this
Remove Shield using magic, then that attack.
Isn't star Breaker more powerful than Thanos?

iceman24567
It depends

batdude123
Originally posted by -Pr-
Phantom Stranger doesn't really do much. He's just nigh-impossible to beat and the like.

Fate hasn't been great in a long time, tbh.

You don't think her magic would work on him?

Fate still beats Zatanna on account of being Fate.

jrodslam
Originally posted by batdude123

Hell no. The only Fate beating Zee was Nelson n Hall.

Omega Vision
Zatanna's powerful but Fate has always been the equivalent of the Sorcerer Supreme in DC. If heroes needed magical advice they usually went to him. I don't like the new Fate though, he doesn't have the old Fate's sense of cosmic importance.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by iceman24567
StarBreaker is a adult version of a Sun Eater erm

oh im sorry so it wasn't even a star eater... yeah im disappopinted to. Anyway just adds to fact Zatanna can't handle someone on Thanos's level. So cheer up buddy! wink

jrodslam
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Zatanna's powerful but Fate has always been the equivalent of the Sorcerer Supreme in DC. If heroes needed magical advice they usually went to him.

I dont fully agree with that. Yes Fates always been DC's sorc surpreme, but Zee is the one the JLA usually goes to when theres a magical threat. Theres also been times where Zee was the first contacted by Fate or Stranger for help.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Those are two magic users Thanos has faced.. However, also lets remember that Strange has said.. he's no match for Thanos. Odin is also mystical in nature and yet somebody else Thanos has fought.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by jrodslam
I dont fully agree with that. Yes Fates always been DC's sorc surpreme, but Zee is the one the JLA usually goes to when theres a magical threat. Theres also been times where Zee was the first contacted by Fate or Stranger for help.
Well duh, she's hot. Honestly if you needed help with anything that didn't require the aid of high end cosmics would you go to the leggy chick with fishnets or the guy with the bucket for a helmet? But when you do need to fight some cosmic horror from beyond the edge of the Universe suddenly that guy with the bucket helmet is looking pretty good.

Bouboumaster
Thanos pimpslap her.

Bentley
Wtf is Zatanna going to do with Thanos? He has many zero start options such as mindrape, matter manipulation and FORCEBLOCK!!!1111

He's also fought Magus and Strange, both nasty wizards. Yadda, yadda.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Bentley
Wtf is Zatanna going to do with Thanos? He has many zero start options such as mindrape, matter manipulation and FORCEBLOCK!!!1111

He's also fought Magus and Strange, both nasty wizards. Yadda, yadda.
All she has to say is "EID SONAHT" and Thanos is dead. That is if CIS is off. Her Earth Three Counterpart (who is never stated to be more powerful than her) depowered Mxyzptlk.

redhotrash
Still dont remember him actually fighting Dr. Strange. I mean they SHOULD have fought, but I dont think it ever happend. Someone want to break out their Secret Wars issues? As I remember it, Strange was off with the higher cosmic beings for a while during that fight, and never really got involved.

KuRuPT Thanosi
All she has to say is "EID SONAHT" and Thanos is dead. That is if CIS is off. Her Earth Three Counterpart (who is never stated to be more powerful than her) depowered Mxyzptlk.

I believe your forgetting the context of how mxy was depowered.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Plus are you forgetting that the sorcerer supreme of Marvel said he was no match for Thanos?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I believe your forgetting the context of how mxy was depowered.

who needs context when you have misleading bias, dummy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nihilist
Thanos without much trouble.

Raptor22
i love zattana but i cant see her winning more than 1/10. what it comes down to is that she might be able to kill him if she can get off her most powerful attack and if his shields are down and it still might not even put him down for good. thats a whole lot of mights and ifs. i thinks thanos wins this.

galactusischere
What you saying is that Zatanna is more powerful than an abstract laughing
Thanos bitchslaps her for the win.

darthgoober
Originally posted by -Pr-
Is there any reason why she simply couldn't wish him away?
She'd probably get eye beamed before finishing the spell since they start within each others line of sight.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by galactusischere
What you saying is that Zatanna is more powerful than an abstract laughing
Thanos bitchslaps her for the win.
Not if Paul Dini has anything to say about it stick out tongue Seriously the guy even married a stage magician that looks exactly like Zatanna. cool

ColossusGrundy
Confident Zatanna wins 10/10.

If she's recently been dumped or something, then Thanos 8/10.

She's a BEAST when her confidence is up.

Bouboumaster
He teleports behind her, and gently pull of her head from her shoulder.

-Pr-
Originally posted by batdude123

laughing out loud

Originally posted by darthgoober
She'd probably get eye beamed before finishing the spell since they start within each others line of sight.

that wasn't my point. stick out tongue

Kris Blaze
http://www.crossdaily.com/pictures/130/M/salt_shaker_130006661.jpg
^Thanos

Konton
Thanos easily. As a Zatanna fanboy I'm going to have to tegrof this thread was even created...

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Konton
Thanos easily. As a Zatanna fanboy I'm going to have to tegrof this thread was even created...

notnok nrut ot tlas

Sexaholic
Douche.

Konton
The only chance she has of winning is if she had prep and Thanos didn't.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Sexaholic
Douche.
Look kids, its a troll! It says here they can weigh as much as six hundred pounds and tend to be frustrated virgins!

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos.. Still

iceman24567
oh im sorry so it wasn't even a star eater... yeah im disappopinted to. Anyway just adds to fact Zatanna can't handle someone on Thanos's level. So cheer up buddy! wink What are you talking about?

Warlord
So it's safe to assume that Thanos can withstand Odin's blasts (mystical in nature) byut a eid sonaht would kill him right away huh?

I don't think so...

Zeuodin
So it's safe to assume that Thanos can withstand Odin's blasts (mystical in nature) byut a eid sonaht would kill him right away huh?

I don't think so...
A blast is much different than a spell. I thought we all knew that.

Warlord
Originally posted by Zeuodin
A blast is much different than a spell. I thought we all knew that.

The origin of the attack is the same...Mystic energy.

When SBP resists Mordru's attacks everyone suggests he is immune to magic but when thanos does the same with an attack from Odin a sigle spell can just kill him (although we haven't seen such a spell work on pannel)

Zeuodin
The origin of the attack is the same...Mystic energy.

When SBP resists Mordru's attacks everyone suggests he is immune to magic but when thanos does the same with an attack from Odin a sigle spell can just kill him (although we haven't seen such a spell work on pannel)
No. Superboy Prime is immune to magic because where he comes form there is no magic. Thanos was not immune to odin's blast. he was hurting. And blast of magic is not the same as a spell. Why do you think that mages use spells? Their spells always do far more than when they just blast away. duh. Dr. Strange Casts spells when he wants to go after big threats. He doesn't just go in blasting.

Warlord
Originally posted by Zeuodin
No. Superboy Prime is immune to magic because where he comes form there is no magic.

eek! when was that explained???

anyway I don't see Thanos beaten by just a spell.
We can just agree to dissagree

Bentley
eek! when was that explained???

anyway I don't see Thanos beaten by just a spell.
We can just agree to dissagree

Who cares? The match starts and Thanos makes Zatanna puddle with a mind attack. A thought and she's dead.

Remember how Magus killed the Guardian's telepaths on the go because it was the best strategy? Thanos is a genius, if Zatanna poses any threat he'll kill her on the go.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Bentley
Who cares? The match starts and Thanos makes Zatanna puddle with a mind attack. A thought and she's dead.

Remember how Magus killed the Guardian's telepaths on the go because it was the best strategy? Thanos is a genius, if Zatanna poses any threat he'll kill her on the go.
She can use magic to prevent that though

Bentley

While attacking at the same time and defending herself from whatever other attacks Thanos choses to throw at her? Thanos has fought magical defenses before, I'd rather bet on his multitasking.

Konton

Only with prep. And even that's a maybe.

I love Zatanna. But come on.

Aztec123
EKAT SONAHT TRAEH!!

SONAHT LLIK!!

shokosugi
Zatanna 6/10

Aztec123
Originally posted by Konton
Only with prep. And even that's a maybe.

I love Zatanna. But come on.

And you call yourself a fanboy. stick out tongue

Nihilist
Thanos without much trouble.

iceman24567
Thanos 8/10

Mshinu
Thanos does a Jabba on Zatanna "Soon you will learn to appreciate me"

JakeTheBank
Slave girl Zatanna...

lol

Aztec123
Originally posted by Mshinu
Thanos does a Jabba on Zatanna "Soon you will learn to appreciate me"

And who killed Jabba?? wink

KuRuPT Thanosi
Honestly I can't believe some people are actually giving her some wins. He dominates her 10/10 without breaking a sweat.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Aztec123
And who killed Jabba?? wink
Jabba killed Jabba. They warned him about the drinking and partying with slave girls that want him dead but oh no Jabba had to have his fun.

The Nuul
Thanos takes her magic and shoves it up her ass.

I dont know her too well but theres no way in Hell shes on Thanos's level.

namorsubby
zatanna might be able to do this........but i'll go with thanos FTM

celeyhyga17
No Contest

Thanos kills her then has his way with her. He's just that sick in the head.

namorsubby
I think somebody is simply projecting their own sick thoughts onto the character of thanos whistle stick out tongue

BattleMage
Originally posted by Aztec123
Can Zatanna defeat the Titan? HELL NO.

quanchi112
She can use magic to prevent that though She isn't anywhere near up the level to challenge Thanos.

Prep-Man
Zatanna.

Konton
Originally posted by The Nuul
I dont know her too well but theres no way in Hell shes on Thanos's level.

Then you probably shouldn't throw your opinion around...

Anywho.
I stand by her only chance being one sided prep.

I doubt his TP will be a factor though, as she's easily kicked Martian Manhunter the f*ck out with her own multiple times.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Zatanna. Based on?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.