Zatanna vs. Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aztec123
Who wins?

Warlord
surfer

Aztec123
How?

Warlord
blast

Aztec123
But what if she reacts first?

Warlord
honestly now, viewing some of her recent apearences I don't think she could one shot anyone in the level of Surfer. Not to mention he is faster. I don't say it's a 10/10 but Surfer gets a clear majority

Aztec123
Have you read the current jla run? Just curious, because she weakend starbreaker(a sun eater), wished away despero, and tore apart lobo. Furthermore, she has fast reflexes and defenses. Zatanna can counter anything surfer throws at her.

Warlord
TBH I've been reading vol 3 of JLA at the time so I don't have her very last showings. Still I doubt she has ftl reflexes to counter a bloodlusted surfer (if we're using one)

thanos-prime
SS

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Aztec123
Have you read the current jla run? Just curious, because she weakend starbreaker(a sun eater), wished away despero, and tore apart lobo. Furthermore, she has fast reflexes and defenses. Zatanna can counter anything surfer throws at her.

i think she didn't wished away despero..she didn't get to finish her spell..

SS FTW..

-Pr-
If she can get a sentence out, he's toast. if not, he wins.

Originally posted by Slaanesh
i think she didn't wished away despero..she didn't get to finish her spell..

SS FTW..

she stopped despero dead in his tracks. don't recall her wishing him away though.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by -Pr-
she stopped despero dead in his tracks. don't recall her wishing him away though.

if we're talking about the same instance..she did try to send despero to the center of earth..but she didn't get to finish her spell because despero disappear..

-Pr-
if we're talking about the same instance..she did try to send despero to the center of earth..but she didn't get to finish her spell because despero disappear..

then we're not talking about the same instance lol.

i'm talking about crisis of conscience.

Slaanesh
then we're not talking about the same instance lol.

i'm talking about crisis of conscience.

i didn't read that one..i was talking about JLA laughing

-Pr-
i didn't read that one..i was talking about JLA laughing

crisis of conscience was in JLA lol...

Slaanesh
crisis of conscience was in JLA lol...

okie..i didn't know that..so..to be specific..i was talking about the current JLA issue #38

Galan007
If she can get a sentence out, he's toast. if not, he wins. this.

-Pr-
okie..i didn't know that..so..to be specific..i was talking about the current JLA issue #38

oh, ok. i was referring to the pre-infinite crisis JLA v3. despero fights the league, taking over most of them until zatanna and red tornado turn up. with one sentence she freezes him.

BattleMage
Have you read the current jla run? Just curious, because she weakend starbreaker(a sun eater), wished away despero, and tore apart lobo. Furthermore, she has fast reflexes and defenses. Zatanna can counter anything surfer throws at her. Oh now i see you wanted this tread to favor Zatanna right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Omega Vision
Even though I love Zatanna and hate Surfer I got to give the majority to the Silver Scrotum. SS 8/10

zeel
But what if she reacts first?

then she wins.

Spire
Potsrevlis!

jasofisc
Originally posted by zeel
then she wins.

really i highly dout z acting in character is going to do anything for over a half hour that would make surfer even take notice of her. there is no way she will be able to understand his duriblity that fast. furthermore contrary to what some people on this forum thing z has limits. In the arc of the most recent JLA called "the second comming" she tryed to make a spider god disapear or be gone or something, and he just smiled and said that he thought he'll just stay where he is. Z is no phontom stranger or doctor fate.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by jasofisc
really i highly dout z acting in character is going to do anything for over a half hour that would make surfer even take notice of her. there is no way she will be able to understand his duriblity that fast. furthermore contrary to what some people on this forum thing z has limits. In the arc of the most recent JLA called "the second comming" she tryed to make a spider god disapear or be gone or something, and he just smiled and said that he thought he'll just stay where he is. Z is no phontom stranger or doctor fate.
And you think a Spider God who is capable of recreating an entire reality and making the JLA his bitches is around surfer lvl? Spider God>>>>>>>>>>>>Surfer.

-Pr-

his durability has absolutely no bearing on her skills.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Zeuodin
And you think a Spider God who is capable of recreating an entire reality and making the JLA his bitches is around surfer lvl? Spider God>>>>>>>>>>>>Surfer.
just ment that she has limits

jasofisc

it does if what she's trying to do has no effect on him. just like her battle with lobo and she was half blood lusted their.

Omega Vision
just ment that she has limits
Yeah but that's shit logic. If I see Batman fail to take down Superman does that mean he can't beat my ass?

xJLxKing
Are you sure about that?

Her magic is powerful, but I am sure it has limit.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Yeah but that's shit logic. If I see Batman fail to take down Superman does that mean he can't beat my ass?

my point wasn't abc logic only that she has limits and that to affect someone with surfer's duriblity she would have to hit him with something big.

jrodslam
my point wasn't abc logic only that she has limits and that to affect someone with surfer's duriblity she would have to hit him with something big.

I do believe that depending on the spell cast, his durability can and will be affected. Do you think otherwise?

jasofisc
Originally posted by jrodslam
I do believe that depending on the spell cast, his durability can and will be affected. Do you think otherwise?

maybe if she transmutes him in some way like turning his blood into fire or something but i'm sure with the power cosmic and transmuting ablities of his own it won't be a problem. surfer has stood at the center of a supernova so any outward spells like blast and whatnot aren't going to do much

Lord Feron
zatanna reacting faster than SS...right.... got to stop this zatanna wanking ppl. Starting to get embarrassing.

jrodslam
maybe if she transmutes him in some way like turning his blood into fire or something but i'm sure with the power cosmic and transmuting ablities of his own it won't be a problem. surfer has stood at the center of a supernova so any outward spells like blast and whatnot aren't going to do much

Now i do think that regular magic blasts wont hurt him much, but i have no doubts that if she actually cast a spell on him, he wouldnt have a way to reverse it. Say for example if she told him to freeze or sleep, he wouldnt be able to reverse it until the spell wore off. If she were to cast a spell where everything he tried to do to her, was inflicted to him, i do think he would be affected.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Lord Feron
zatanna reacting faster than SS...right.... got to stop this zatanna wanking ppl. Starting to get embarrassing.

yea, because Surfer is known to always fight at light speeds? Noones wanking at all, but realistically speaking if they were to engage, hed be moving no faster than Flash would.

kgkg
Surfer anyday

RSSR
I give Zatanna a win or two moreso because SS may not know what he's dealing with the first once-twice around (if his cosmic awareness doesn't warn him of her capabilities in her universe). Otherwise she's dealing with a character with Flash speed who will use that speed against her.

id369
Would Zatanna know who she is dealing with? We know Surfer counts of his cosmic awareness, but what about Zatanna? What can she count on?

Kris Blaze
Zatanna turns Surfer into salt.

id369
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Zatanna turns Surfer into salt.
Surfer turns Zatanna into salt. 131fist

chilled monkey
Originally posted by id369
Would Zatanna know who she is dealing with? We know Surfer counts of his cosmic awareness, but what about Zatanna? What can she count on?

As stated in Forum rules:

"Each side receives basic knowledge of the other."

jasofisc
Originally posted by jrodslam
Now i do think that regular magic blasts wont hurt him much, but i have no doubts that if she actually cast a spell on him, he wouldnt have a way to reverse it. Say for example if she told him to freeze or sleep, he wouldnt be able to reverse it until the spell wore off. If she were to cast a spell where everything he tried to do to her, was inflicted to him, i do think he would be affected.

i can see what your saying. pots would work not sure what else peels would also work not sure what else

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.