Pessimistic / Bitter / Angry / Sad love songs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blinky
There are tons of songs which are happy-go-lucky love songs. These songs sing about how great love is and or how great person X or Y are and how person X and Y will be together forever. These songs are a dime-a-dozen, I've always perferred songs that talk about the dark side of love.

This thread is a place to post your favorite songs that are about the saddness, anger or pessimistic outlook on life that comes after a bad experience with "love".

Here are some of mine off the top of my head, all of them happen to be oldies:

The Velvet Underground - " Who loves the sun?"
Skeeter Davis "The End of the World"
The Searchers - "Needles and Pins"
Peter and Gordon - "World Without Love "

wicker_man
My Girlfriends Dead - The Vandals

Darth Jello
I think almost every song off of the first three albums would fit this description. A lot of the lyrics on Nevermind were also directed at Tobi Vail of Bikini Kill after a really bad breakup.

Dr. Leg Kick
XGufRiMnpGI

JacopeX
I Luv the Valley OH - Xiu Xiu

b4UVJM6m5po

Kovacs86
-Half of The Smiths' work. Still Ill is one of my favourites.

-A lot of Lennon's Beatles stuff- You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, Yer Blues, You Can't Do That, etc.

- About A Girl by Nirvana.

Dr. Leg Kick
plppOFLQlJ8

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by JacopeX
I Luv the Valley OH - Xiu Xiu

b4UVJM6m5po ???

jaden101
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yTIpcwBTTs

Darth Jello
Listed by band-

Nirvana/Fecal Matter-
Buffy's Pregnant
Spank Thru
Laminated Effect
About A Girl
Scoff
Big Long Now
Dive
Lounge Act
Oh The Guilt
Heart-Shaped Box
Milk It
You Know You're Right
Do Re Mi

Wipers-
Mystery
Up Front
Is This Real?
Tragedy
Window Shop For Love
Wait A Minute
Telepathic Love
Voices In The Rain
Taking Too Long
Can This Be
Romeo
Lonely One
This Time

Sonic Youth-
Shaking Hell
Brave Men Run
I Love Her All The Time
I'm Insane
Death Valley '69
Tom Violence
Pacific Coast Highway
Kissability
Disapearer
Wish Fulfillment
Self-Obsessed and Sexxee
Panty Lies
French Tickler
Plastic Sun
Incinerate
Sleeping Around
Lights Out
Anti-Orgasm

More to come

Blinky
Originally posted by Kovacs86
-Half of The Smiths' work. Still Ill is one of my favourites.

Yeah that's one hell of a good song.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
??? Well, it was the first and only song to have ever made me tear up.

Dr. Leg Kick
Well, it was the first and only song to have ever made me tear up. Can't be serious. Out of all the songs in the world, that one made you cry?

JacopeX
Can't be serious. Out of all the songs in the world, that one made you cry? That's because I am young and I haven't heard it all to be completely honest.

Dr. Leg Kick
That's because I am young and I haven't heard it all to be completely honest. So you haven't heard the entire song, yet it made you cry.

Oh it's you jacope. The member who wishes to get banned but fails at doing so.

Blinky
Smiths "Unhappy birthday" is pretty angry -- talk about being pissed off and an ex.

"Come back" by The Misfits is also a good example of a pissy love song.

The Misfit -"Die, Die my darling" is probably the best example of somebody going completely f*cking nuts after a bad break-up.

Quincy
PVWFgh8iocI

JacopeX
So you haven't heard the entire song, yet it made you cry.

Oh it's you jacope. The member who wishes to get banned but fails at doing so. I heard the entire song a bunch of times. WTF are you talking about?

I said I haven't heard it all (all the songs in existence as you have just brought up).

Nice of you to find an excuse to begin flaming me by misinterpreting my post in the dumbest way possible. Childish as usual. wink

Dr. Leg Kick
I heard the entire song a bunch of times. WTF are you talking about?

I said I haven't heard it all (all the songs in existence as you have just brought up).

Nice of you to find an excuse to begin flaming me by misinterpreting my post in the dumbest way possible. Childish as usual. wink I didn't bring up any songs for you to listen to.

I haven't posted in a same thread as you for sometime, reminisce of the past, you know. So I brought up the last thing you said the last time I read one of your posts.

Logic says your plans didn't pull through. Don't worry, there's a lot of time.

JacopeX
I didn't bring up any songs for you to listen to.

I haven't posted in a same thread as you for sometime, reminisce of the past, you know. So I brought up the last thing you said the last time I read one of your posts.

Logic says your plans didn't pull through. Don't worry, there's a lot of time. Funny how you continue missing the point in such a retarded way, I am beginning to believe it's not even intentional.

I never said you did bring up any songs to listen to as I applied my statement to "all the songs in the world" by saying "I haven't heard it all".

Now then, how the hell can't you not take a damn hint with the sentence I have made? In fact, why do I have this problem with this forum ONLY? Use your head, especially when trying to make a logical comparison between two possible meanings.

"I haven't heard the entire song"

Or

"I haven't heard every song in the world"

Hmmmmm......gee, which one would I most possibly mean when saying "I haven't heard it all" in reply to your statement? Funny how you went from judging the only song that actually touched me emotionally to simply flaming me in the most dumbest and most desperate attempt at trying to flame me. NOt only does it make you look like a child due to the fact that you are attacking and challenging me in a thread that has nothing to do with any confrontations nor are their any follow ups that can create such potential arguments in the first place. This is about posting songs that have gotten to you, yet you feel the need to attack me because due to your inability to use common sense, you jump to unnecessary conclusions.

Do you know what "shut the **** up" means? Damn...

Dr. Leg Kick
Funny how you continue missing the point in such a retarded way, I am beginning to believe it's not even intentional.

I never said you did bring up any songs to listen to as I applied my statement to "all the songs in the world" by saying "I haven't heard it all".

Now then, how the hell can't you not take a damn hint with the sentence I have made? In fact, why do I have this problem with this forum ONLY? Use your head, especially when trying to make a logical comparison between two possible meanings.

"I haven't heard the entire song"

Or

"I haven't heard every song in the world"

Hmmmmm......gee, which one would I most possibly mean when saying "I haven't heard it all" in reply to your statement? Funny how you went from judging the only song that actually touched me emotionally to simply flaming me in the most dumbest and most desperate attempt at trying to flame me. NOt only does it make you look like a child due to the fact that you are attacking and challenging me in a thread that has nothing to do with any confrontations nor are their any follow ups that can create such potential arguments in the first place. This is about posting songs that have gotten to you, yet you feel the need to attack me because due to your inability to use common sense, you jump to unnecessary conclusions.

Do you know what "shut the **** up" means? Damn... Your grammar has improved, but asteriks are not part of any language. Besides the word itself has latin roots.

That ACDC Chick
She ****in' Hates Me- Puddle of Mud
You Ain't Got a Hold On Me- AC/DC
The Jack-AC/DC
U + UR Hand- Pink
Metal Now- Say Anything....

Rain Dog
Don't Think Twice It's Alright by Bob Dylan.

AsbestosFlaygon
fnrCdsicThk

Now THIS is what RAP is all about!

Lil Wayne, T-Pain, Jay-Z and Soulja Boy can go to hell and suck my hairy ballz!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.