Galen Marek (Starkiller) vs Kyle Katarn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LLLLLink
Full canon abilities for both characters.

Kyle has this, imo.

Phanteros
I pick the guy who, the nephew of Luke Skywalker, Darth Cadeus even achknowledges his power.

Hewhoknowsall
Galen by this time was more powerful, he beat Vader.

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Galen by this time was more powerful, he beat Vader.

So what if he acknoledged his power? Sidious, stated in numerou sources to be THE most powerful sith of all time, acknoledged Galen Marek...

MadMel
galen...he came close to killing sidious with his raw force power..

Phanteros
came close to killing Papatine? in the alternate ending he murdered Galen quite easy also if Palpatine wanted to he would of just used force storm on Galen and end it right there.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Phanteros
came close to killing Papatine? in the alternate ending he murdered Galen quite easy also if Palpatine wanted to he would of just used force storm on Galen and end it right there.

Kyle wouldn't have stood a chance either...he got beaten by Caedus even with 2 (or 3, although Seha wasn't literally in the heat of the battle) jedi knights on his side, and Sidious > Caedus.

Phanteros
one a side note this belongs in the starwars section.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Phanteros
one a side note this belongs in the starwars section.
No. Both characters originate in VG. Its perfectly legal.

Let's not forget the simple fact that Kyle has more force powers than Galen.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by LLLLLink

Let's not forget the simple fact that Kyle has more force powers than Galen.

Galen beat Vader, and based on both the games and novelizations he's far superior in the Force in terms of feats...

BoratBorat
Originally posted by MadMel
galen...he came close to killing sidious with his raw force power.. No he didn't. Sidious was barely affected by galens most powerful attack and in the alternate ending he PWNS marek much much easier.

BoratBorat

Let's not forget the simple fact that Kyle has more force powers than Galen. More force powers = jack.

If thats the case mere jedi librarians would be more powerful than mace windu or yoda. Quality > Sheer quantity.

Vaders only force powers are telekinesis, and he would beat(and has beaten) the vast majority of sith and jedi in the mythos save for the few power houses, lets not forget how the ancient sith even built a tomb for vader seeing they had respect to the amount of power he wielded.

And are you kidding? Marek toppled and entire ATAT with utter ease and beat a jedi that friggin ripped a space station apart, lets not forget how he beat vader, the same vader whose TK abilities are beastly enough to tool powerful jedi's with one move and choke people millions of light years away.

MadMel
Originally posted by BoratBorat
No he didn't. Sidious was barely affected by galens most powerful attack and in the alternate ending he PWNS marek much much easier.
the fact is he came closer than anyone else..except yoda, and of course vader - that was the point i was making erm

and i definitely wouldn't say 'barely'
if vader is 80% sidious, than that probably puts SK around 90%..thats nothing to chuckle at..not to mention sids was tired as all **** afterwards - it was more of a 'barely protected himself in time' than 'barely affected' erm

in any case, galen still wins..

LLLLLink
-Galen has inferior lighsaber training in comparison to Kyle, who has 3 styles to Galen's 1.

-Kyle has superior force speed abilities.

-Kyle possesses force barrier and force healing; two techniques that are impossible for a sith to learn canonically.

-Kyle is allied and has trained with Luke. Luke > everyone in Star Wars.

Kazenji
And he's also fallen to the darkside and came back from it.

LLLLLink
Yeah, Kyle has full use of the Dark and Light side of the force, as well as being one of the most skillful lightsaber weilders on the Jedi council.

MadMel
-Galen has inferior lighsaber training in comparison to Kyle, who has 3 styles to Galen's 1. galen uses a combination of juyo (which encompasses 6 other saber styles) and soresu..on top of that he has the ability to mix with force powers with his saber to produce devastating attacks...kyle cannot do much in the sabers department erm

considering SK could tag speeding tie fighters out of the air - no, he doesnt.

-Kyle possesses force barrier and force healing; two techniques that are impossible for a sith to learn canonically. tell that to sidious, who knew EVERY force technique there ever was erm
this is however a moot point, as SK's force powers far surpass katarn's...

and? just because he was trained by skywalker doesn't make him godly..just about every jedi in the new jedi order was trained by luke at some point...doesnt mean they could beat SK either...

BoratBorat
the fact is he came closer than anyone else..except yoda, and of course vader - that was the point i was making erm
No.

Mace was far closer to killing palpatine when palpatine actually fought back.

Hell the novel makes it clear that palpatine wanted to let galen beat him and we actually saw what happened when palpatine truly fought back when galen attacked, the answer: galen got owned.

and i definitely wouldn't say 'barely'
Answer : barely.

if vader is 80% sidious, than that probably puts SK around 90%..thats nothing to chuckle at..not to mention sids was tired as all **** afterwards - it was more of a 'barely protected himself in time' than 'barely affected' erm

Lets see, galens force blast destroyed the entire death star tower and killed every storm trooper in it, palpatine was standing there completely unharmed by the massive blast, so how did he "barely" protect himself when he was completely unharmed?

Hence, barely affected.

And when palpatine truly fought back, he murdered galen with a single blast of lightning and proceeded to crush him with a starship.

Galen = Overrated piece of shit but he still beats katarn.

Oh and link, palpatine has demonstrated far superior and far more destructive force powers(on a cosmic scale) than luke.

As far as force powers and sheer strength goes, palpatine > luke. As a combatant, luke > palpatine.

MadMel
palpy was faking against windu....wasnt he?

when you put it that way, i concede stick out tongue
though i still reckon if sids hadnt tried to defend himself from the blast he'd be a bit worse off than 'bare affected' erm

Nephthys
Theres actually a direct quote that says that 'ultimately was no match for the Emperor's power', and if you watch the good-side ending you'll notice that Galen's Uber-kamikazi-wtfpwn attack only barely manages the singe Palpatines robes. no expression

Galen<<<<<Palpatine.

MadMel
your a post too late stick out tongue

LLLLLink
Tell it to George Lucas. Luke's power is what Vader would have obtained had he not lost his limbs.
Soresu has a reputation for being an ackward style. Galen is overated to the extreme.
Also, Palps did know a plethora of force techniques, but if you throw him down a hole, he still dies just like every other force user (Mace, Galen, ect.)
The dark side allows for use of the raw power of the force, which is why Palps is more destructive than Luke, but is also why sith cant use healing and protection techniques.

Hewhoknowsall
Tell it to George Lucas. Luke's power is what Vader would have obtained had he not lost his limbs.
Soresu has a reputation for being an ackward style. Galen is overated to the extreme.
Also, Palps did know a plethora of force techniques, but if you throw him down a hole, he still dies just like every other force user (Mace, Galen, ect.)
The dark side allows for use of the raw power of the force, which is why Palps is more destructive than Luke, but is also why sith cant use healing and protection techniques.

Luke is NOT Kyle. Just because Kyle trained under Luke doesn't mean that he's more powerful than Galen.

wtf? Kenobi using Soresu disarmed Grevious (who pwned several council members at once) in a matter of seconds.

NO. Where do you get this info from? Sidious is stated by multiple sources to be the most powerful sith that ever lived.

And your point is...

Galen Marek is FAR superior to Kyle in the Force. Did you play Force Unleashed? He beat VADER and brought down a star destroyer!

Utrigita
Question: With full access to powers are we talking Kyle Katarn with the full power from the Valley of the Jedi?

BoratBorat

Wow you have absolutely no idea about star wars do you?

So what if palpatine still dies like anyone else if hes thrown down a hole? He still IS the most powerful force user in the galaxy....

And where was it specifically stated that the sith cant use healing powers? Darth sion and Darth sidious both used this power...

LS and DS powers aren't restricted to any side.... luke can still use force choke and and lightning.

Hell even katarn said that powers aren't restricted to anyone side in jedi academy.

MadMel
yea this has been torn apart already but eh..
Tell it to George Lucas. Luke's power is what Vader would have obtained had he not lost his limbs. so? doesn't affect kyle in any way

yea...awkward..thats why kenobi held his own against grievous' 12 slashes per second assult..

tell it to George Lucas. Sids is officially the most powerful dark sider, and knew EVERY force technique there ever was..

bull....sh*t....nuff said erm

LLLLLink
First off, Galen did not pull a Star Destroyer out of the sky. He merely guided one that was already falling. Way to go making it sound better than it actually was. It took more force power for Mace to crush a ship than for Galen to do that.
The only reason that Galen beat Vader is because of the force lightning he uses. There are 3 types of Sith lightning: Electrical (Galen), Control (Dooku), and Raw Force (Palpatine). Vader is almost all machine, therefore, it makes sense that Galen's lightning was more destructive to him. To say otherwise is fanboy denial and lunacy.

I was wrong about one thing: Galen does NOT use Soresu style. Soresu is strictly defensive, and yes, it is the style of Kenobi. Galen uses a variation of Shien/Djem So. Here's a quote from Wookiepedia:

"Another unique lightsaber style was that of Adi Gallia who held her saber with a one-handed reverse grip resulting in wide, long swings. This was a personal variation of Shien, much as Vaapad was Mace Windu's personal variation of Juyo. Anakin Skywalker's first Padawan Ahsoka Tano and later his secret apprentice Galen Marek also seemed to prefer this style."

This was the 'ackward style' I was referring to, not Soresu. My mistake.

Also, I believe it was Darth Bane that said that a Sith will never use healing techniques. They draw power from their pain. Them's the rules; I didnt write 'em.

Hewhoknowsall
First off, Galen did not pull a Star Destroyer out of the sky. He merely guided one that was already falling. Way to go making it sound better than it actually was. It took more force power for Mace to crush a ship than for Galen to do that.
The only reason that Galen beat Vader is because of the force lightning he uses. There are 3 types of Sith lightning: Electrical (Galen), Control (Dooku), and Raw Force (Palpatine). Vader is almost all machine, therefore, it makes sense that Galen's lightning was more destructive to him. To say otherwise is fanboy denial and lunacy.

I was wrong about one thing: Galen does NOT use Soresu style. Soresu is strictly defensive, and yes, it is the style of Kenobi. Galen uses a variation of Shien/Djem So. Here's a quote from Wookiepedia:

"Another unique lightsaber style was that of Adi Gallia who held her saber with a one-handed reverse grip resulting in wide, long swings. This was a personal variation of Shien, much as Vaapad was Mace Windu's personal variation of Juyo. Anakin Skywalker's first Padawan Ahsoka Tano and later his secret apprentice Galen Marek also seemed to prefer this style."

This was the 'ackward style' I was referring to, not Soresu. My mistake.

Also, I believe it was Darth Bane that said that a Sith will never use healing techniques. They draw power from their pain. Them's the rules; I didnt write 'em.

Galen still wins. Guiding a star destroyer is still a great feat, as is defeating Vader even if it's with lightning. And where did you get this different types of lightning from?

BoratBorat

You clearly have not played the game, stop acting like you know anything about SW when you don't.

First off galen's lightning could barely even effect vader(source, TFU novel) seeing how vader shrugs it off.

Secondly, galen sent out a massive force wave that knocked vader on his ass, proceeds to smash him with three massive pillars, tears off his helmet, grabs vader , sends him flying through a concrete wall and after that smashing him into a pillar that shattered to pieces.

Oh and he defeated a vader that rag dolled powerful jedi that tore space stations apart.

Your being the fanboy in denial.

Also, I believe it was Darth Bane that said that a Sith will never use healing techniques. They draw power from their pain. Them's the rules; I didnt write 'em. Sorry, hes a third person party = he is fallible.
ci
The sith has used healing techniques before.

MadMel
still a better feat than 'i can lift a pillar and hold it above the water, but only for a few minutes' erm

The only reason that Galen beat Vader is because of the force lightning he uses. There are 3 types of Sith lightning: Electrical (Galen), Control (Dooku), and Raw Force (Palpatine). Vader is almost all machine, therefore, it makes sense that Galen's lightning was more destructive to him. To say otherwise is fanboy denial and lunacy. there are NOT different types of sith lightning - its simply how the person chooses to use it erm

"Another unique lightsaber style was that of Adi Gallia who held her saber with a one-handed reverse grip resulting in wide, long swings. This was a personal variation of Shien, much as Vaapad was Mace Windu's personal variation of Juyo. Anakin Skywalker's first Padawan Ahsoka Tano and later his secret apprentice Galen Marek also seemed to prefer this style." funny, because wookiepedia says something a little different on galen's own page erm

weird..

sith have healed themselves before, so while bane's theory is accurate, it doesnt mean they cant use 'good' force powers..

LLLLLink
You say there are no different types of force lightning? God, it is a well known fact that there are multiple types. It's even shown in the movies and books. You can see the difference. Plus, it also gives you a good idea about Galen's resiliance. Galen got owned by Palpatine's lightning, but Luke was able to take it with only a few years training.

The "OMGzorz, Starkiller is teh awsome!" mentality is killing me. He died, Vader lived, period. Kyle clearly has superior lightsaber skills, seeing how an android Maul or a psycho-renegade Jedi can out-do Galen.

And pure Sith do not use healing powers. Fact. Does Galen? No. I never meant that they couldnt, only that they wont. (MadMel is right about Bane)

Full power Kyle has everything he needs to beat full power Galen. I'm not saying it wouldnt be close or whatever, but I am saying that Kyle's collective peak goes above Galen's.

Ms.Marvel
You say there are no different types of force lightning? God, it is a well known fact that there are multiple types. It's even shown in the movies and books. You can see the difference. Plus, it also gives you a good idea about Galen's resiliance. Galen got owned by Palpatine's lightning, but Luke was able to take it with only a few years training.

there is no different "types" of lightning at all. just because they look different doesnt mean anything.

banes word doesnt represent the entirety of sith society. bane isnt even a true sith.

that aside. i say kyle wins.

BoratBorat
You say there are no different types of force lightning? God, it is a well known fact that there are multiple types. It's even shown in the movies and books.
Really? What different type of lightning was shown in the movie?

I'll answer for you: none, all of them were the generic lightning bolt.

You can see the difference. Plus, it also gives you a good idea about Galen's resiliance. Galen got owned by Palpatine's lightning, but Luke was able to take it with only a few years training.

According to the essential guide to characters and the G-canon novel, palpatine was merely trying to torture luke and not kill him.

In galens case palpatine decided to incapacitate him hence why he got "owned".

The "OMGzorz, Starkiller is teh awsome!" mentality is killing me. He died, Vader lived, period. Kyle clearly has superior lightsaber skills, seeing how an android Maul or a psycho-renegade Jedi can out-do Galen.

Look, i hate galen as much as you do, hes far too much of a gary stu for me and he is the worst character ever created for star wars.

Nephthys
They look different, some are blue, some are violet, Luke knows a technique called 'Emerald Lightning' which is green and Exar Kun was reportedly a master of 'Black Lightning'. But I don't know if theres any diffence in their effects.

For example here's a pic of Marek's lightning: http://www.vaporsmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/star-wars-the-force-unleashed.jpg

It's clearly blue.

Here's a picture of Palpatines lightning: http://media.photobucket.com/image/galen%20marek/aurabesh/FinalBattlePalpatineMarek.jpg

It's clearly violet (/purple).

Hewhoknowsall

When are there different types of lightning that are regularly seen? You could argue that both Luke's emerald lightning and The Hidden One's lightning are different types, but these are two isolated examples that have little to nothing to do with this fight.

wtf? Vader lived because he wasn't trying to stand up to Sidious's lightning. Hey, Luke ends up dying (although we don't know how yet, we know that he died at some point since his Force ghost shows up) but Cade is still alive. Does this mean that Cade is somehow more powerful just because he's still alive?

Full power Kyle has everything he needs to beat full power Galen. I'm not saying it wouldnt be close or whatever, but I am saying that Kyle's collective peak goes above Galen's.

HOW? You have yet to prove it or offer any real evidence.

Galen redirected a star destroyer, beat Vader, temporarily stood up to the Emperor and (I think) brought down an AT-AT using TK.

LLLLLink
Ok, more lightning talk. Vader loses to Galen's lightning but tanks Palpatine's (temporarily) and throws him (then he dies, PIS).
Try to look past the pretty colors and look at the effects.
Galen's has very much a shocking, stunning, short-curcuiting type of effect.
Dooku's has the ability to lift and control and/or throw the target.
Palpatine's is raw, piercing, painful force power.
This isnt to say that a Sith is limited to only one type.

And dying isnt the same as becoming "one with the force".

Contrary to popular belief, I do not hate Galen. He is one of my fav Star Wars characters among many. I even main him in Soul Calibur 4. So dont think I'm just hatin' on him.

Gideon
It's plainly obvious that Marek tools Katarn in a straight up contest of strength in the Force; it isn't close.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Gideon
It's plainly obvious that Marek tools Katarn in a straight up contest of strength in the Force; it isn't close. That was what I thought...I am not too knowledgable in Katarn but to call Galen Marek anything other than a Force behemoth is underrating.

Gideon
NemeBro
That was what I thought...I am not too knowledgable in Katarn but to call Galen Marek anything other than a Force behemoth is underrating.

This is correct.

Katarn may (and is very well likely) the superior swordsman, but Marek overwhelms him without doubt in terms of Force strength.

BoratBorat
Originally posted by Nephthys
They look different, some are blue, some are violet, Luke knows a technique called 'Emerald Lightning' which is green and Exar Kun was reportedly a master of 'Black Lightning'. But I don't know if theres any diffence in their effects.

For example here's a pic of Marek's lightning: http://www.vaporsmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/star-wars-the-force-unleashed.jpg

It's clearly blue.

Here's a picture of Palpatines lightning: http://media.photobucket.com/image/galen%20marek/aurabesh/FinalBattlePalpatineMarek.jpg

It's clearly violet (/purple).

Read carefully, he said that different types of lightning were shown in the movies which is false.

So what if palpatines lighting is violet while the others are blue? Its STILL the same lighting attack but with different colors.

BoratBorat
Ok, more lightning talk. Vader loses to Galen's lightning but tanks Palpatine's (temporarily) and throws him (then he dies, PIS).
Jesus friggin christ learn to read, WHERE WAS IT SHOWN that vader lost to galens lightning?

The game doesn't and the novel doesn't either so respond to my post.

No offence but your starting to "sound" like a broken record.

LLLLLink
God, Borat, try not to misunderstand everything, okay.

Im not saying that Vader LOST to Galen's lightning but that He WOULD LOSE to it. There is a difference. I hope you can see it.

And yes, I agree with Gideon that Galen has more force lifting power than Kyle, hands down. Probably more midiclorians too, but I'm not sure. But Kyle has a plethora of different powers in comparison to Galen, many of which Galen will not use.

Anakin had more midiclorians than Kenobi but he still lost. That factor does not decide the battle.

Hewhoknowsall

Im not saying that Vader LOST to Galen's lightning but that He WOULD LOSE to it. There is a difference. I hope you can see it.

And yes, I agree with Gideon that Galen has more force lifting power than Kyle, hands down. Probably more midiclorians too, but I'm not sure. But Kyle has a plethora of different powers in comparison to Galen, many of which Galen will not use.

Anakin had more midiclorians than Kenobi but he still lost. That factor does not decide the battle.

Galen beat Vader...that is a very impressive feat. What has Kyle done that's on par with that?

"plethora of different powers" like what? Also: is this LS Marek or DS Marek?

NemeBro

Anakin had more midiclorians than Kenobi but he still lost. That factor does not decide the battle. Anakin lost due to his own stupidity, and because Obi-Wan knows EVERYTHING about Anakin's fighting style.

Has Kyle shown anywhere near the sheer power over the Force that Galen has?

BoratBorat

For the last time learn to read, i already stated that vader shrugged off galens lightning attack and you blatantly have been ignoring that statement.

This alone shows you clearly never played the game at all.

And im not "misunderstanding" anything, you clearly stated vader lost, not WOULD LOSE to galens lightning.

Heres your own quote : Originally posted by LLLLLink
The only reason that Galen beat Vader is because of the force lightning he uses.

^ Enough said, stop arguing like a broken record.

Darkstorm Zero
It is true that Kyle has shown more variety of force powers than Galen, however, in terms of sheer might in the techniques galen uses utterly render Katarn's variety largely useless... Kyle's Force grip for example is almost non existant compared to galens, nor is Katarn's force lightning... or force push...

I mean Kyle has a wider variety of techniques, but seriously, if Galen can kill Kyle using only one or two, then it doesn't matter. Galen wins via force crush, fried by lightning or thrown into orbit.

MadMel
or turning kyle into a tie fighter sandwich, assuming there are two ties lying around - mmmm, sandwich *drools*

Maester_yoda
Ok....First let me start by saying i am a bigger star wars fan than an actual gamer. I play tons of games, but Star wars is my claim to fame. I was a moderator on star wars.com believe me or not i don't care. The issue here is Galen vs Kyle.

Consider some things. Alot of you seem to think that Vader was the super most powerful guy ever. This is not true. Vader is less than half of what Anakin was.

Vader beat people (jedi) as anakin in the temple. fact
He also beat other jedi as machine vader. also fact

But the jedi he beat as machine vader, were nothing...NOTHING in terms of really powerful and/or skilled.

He beat weak jedi as machine. So for Galen to beat vader is no real big feat.

I have beat TFU and while Galen is good, and the game is eye candy, to say that he could beat kyle is alittle on the wishful thinking side.

And btw juyo is not six forms of combat. Galen is good no doubt about it, but to say he "tagged tie fighters out of the air" and things like he almost killed sidious is laughable at best and down right stupid in all actuality

MadMel
all of these were directed at me so ill answer

Originally posted by Maester_yoda
And btw juyo is not six forms of combat. what i meant was that juyo needed mastery of the other forms in order to master it as well
source = wookiepedia

Galen is good no doubt about it, but to say he "tagged tie fighters out of the air"
um - that actually happens if you play the game erm

and things like he almost killed sidious is laughable at best and down right stupid in all actuality
ok ill admit - this i definitely exaggerated - but the rest is fact...

Maester_yoda
what i meant was that juyo needed mastery of the other forms in order to master it as well
source = wookiepedia
As far as your source of knowledge only coming from the research of others, i will humor you. I just read the entire Form VII: Juyo/Vapaad section in Wookieepedia. Jedi battlemaster Cin Drallig said that to master it or use it effectively one must have master many other forms, not all prior, and most certainly you don't even have to master one to be able to use Juyo. Jax Pavan in the coruscant nights 3 book series used Juyo. Vader uses some form of Juyo. None of these had any mention on mastering all other forms. While Galen did use this form, one could argue he was not the most proficient lightsaber duelist. Also if you read the entire article of Form VII, which i doubt you did, it also says that whoever uses this form is more susceptible to force attacks.

um - that actually happens if you play the game erm
I did play and beat the game, and im sorry i cant remember when he did this. I don't doubt maybe he did, i just have forgot. When and where did this take place?

Kyle is known for being able to go 20X's his normal speed if i remeber correctly in Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast. So fast that Laser bolds coming from a stormtroopers gun seemed to be standing still.

Let me also say that while i myself have added to wookieepedia, alot of it is still fansub. that was one of my jobs as a moderator on starwars.com. i helped fansub ideas that were not true, become pointed out and removed. If Wookieepedia is your only source of Star wars knowledge then congradulations on letting all of us do the work in reading and researching the material so people like you can refer to it to try to win an arguement

Maester_yoda
also let me fight fire with fire. This is from your precious wookieepedia

"Marek's skill with the lightsaber was also great enough for him to defeat all of PROXY's training programs replicating legendary duelists such as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul, as well as such actual duelists like Shaak Ti and Darth Vader. However, it should be noted that despite his abilities of wielding a lightsaber, he could only defeat these opponents with the use of his Force powers, which were outstanding. "

LLLLLink
Oh, would you look at that! I was right........again.

MadMel
As far as your source of knowledge only coming from the research of others
no offense, but no f*cking shit - 98% of all knowledge comes from the research of the research of others

i will humor you. I just read the entire Form VII: Juyo/Vapaad section in Wookieepedia. Jedi battlemaster Cin Drallig said that to master it or use it effectively one must have master many other forms, not all prior and most certainly you don't even have to master one to be able to use Juyo.
ugh my bad must have read a completely different page and got my info mixed up with the SW vs people..

Also if you read the entire article of Form VII, which i doubt you did, it also says that whoever uses this form is more susceptible to force attacks. and you think marek of all people is more vunerable to force attack than thew average jedi?

I did play and beat the game, and im sorry i cant remember when he did this. I don't doubt maybe he did, i just have forgot. When and where did this take place?honestly - just about any place where you are force to fight a tie fighter..

Kyle is known for being able to go 20X's his normal speed if i remeber correctly in Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast. So fast that Laser bolds coming from a stormtroopers gun seemed to be standing still.
most jedi have been described (in any media- including books) to move that fast not a huge deal...even grievous was shown to move that fast..

Let me also say that while i myself have added to wookieepedia, alot of it is still fansub. that was one of my jobs as a moderator on starwars.com. i helped fansub ideas that were not true, become pointed out and removed. If Wookieepedia is your only source of Star wars knowledge then congradulations on letting all of us do the work in reading and researching the material so people like you can refer to it to try to win an arguement
again, 98% of all knowledge comes from research...i dont just use wookiepedia, but ill use it when the books i have dont provide the information i need, and its still a hell of a lot more reliable than most of the information at the starwars.com forums..

all of this aside - i still think marek wins...all he has to do is finish kyle off with a single powerful force attack - hell, might not even come to sabers..

no...and at least this guy made an effort to debate, not spout random fanboy crap...erm

Hewhoknowsall
Ok....First let me start by saying i am a bigger star wars fan than an actual gamer. I play tons of games, but Star wars is my claim to fame. I was a moderator on star wars.com believe me or not i don't care. The issue here is Galen vs Kyle.

Ok...let's see how good your knowledge is.

Consider some things. Alot of you seem to think that Vader was the super most powerful guy ever. This is not true. Vader is less than half of what Anakin was.

laughing

Sure he might be somewhat weaker than Anakin, but he's still VERY powerful.

Vader beat people (jedi) as anakin in the temple. fact
He also beat other jedi as machine vader. also fact

But the jedi he beat as machine vader, were nothing...NOTHING in terms of really powerful and/or skilled.

He killed Obi Wan (don't say "oh that's because Obi Wan let him die!!!" because this canon book says that Vader was driving Obi Wan back), one of the greatest Jedi in the history of the order.

Obi Wan is not a weak Jedi.

I have beat TFU and while Galen is good, and the game is eye candy, to say that he could beat kyle is alittle on the wishful thinking side.

HOW? You haven't actually stated anything involving how Kyle somehow wins.

And btw juyo is not six forms of combat. Galen is good no doubt about it, but to say he "tagged tie fighters out of the air" and things like he almost killed sidious is laughable at best and down right stupid in all actuality

You haven't actually provided an argument of any kind. Galen beat Vader, took down AT-AT with TK, redirected a falling SD, etc.

Kyle got beaten by Caedus even when he had 3 jedi on his side.

Oh, would you look at that! I was right........again.

How? Because someone agrees with you?

Nephthys
In the book, Galen destroys a skyscraper that reach's orbit by creating a localised earthquake in the structure with the Force.

....But yeah he's totally weaksauce.

Maester_yoda

try me...

laughing

somewhat weaker?? my friend the Vader we see in episode 4-6 is a much weaker version of the one we see in episode 3.

He killed Obi Wan (don't say "oh that's because Obi Wan let him die!!!" because this canon book says that Vader was driving Obi Wan back), one of the greatest Jedi in the history of the order.

He defeated on OLD man who had not done anything as far as training for the past 20 years. In another book that came out in 1978 by Alan Dean Foster titled Splinter of the Minds Eye, the spirit of Obi-wan came on Luke when Veder confronted him in a jungle ruin type atmosphere. After Luke drives Vader back, the Spirit of Obi-wan says he could have beat him at the death star, but his body was to old - Canon

No he wasn't, but age hurts im afraid

Thats because im trying to lay a foundation for Galen not being as super powreful as some seem to think

You haven't actually provided an argument of any kind. Galen beat Vader, took down AT-AT with TK, redirected a falling SD, etc.

I don't have time to get into how i believe that by the time Valin Horn became a jedi that the order was somewhat weakened. Also we are talking about VIDEO GAME kyle. Not future Kyle

Maester_yoda
honestly - just about any place where you are force to fight a tie fighter..

Oh so your saying Galen could catch up to tie fighters who are inside other ships or still in the hanger....not full speed outside. Ok i will give you that

most jedi have been described (in any media- including books) to move that fast not a huge deal...even grievous was shown to move that fast..

..........Yet we don't see Galen doing it

Maester_yoda
Originally posted by Nephthys
In the book, Galen destroys a skyscraper that reach's orbit by creating a localised earthquake in the structure with the Force.

....But yeah he's totally weaksauce.

Im amazed at how easily impressed some of you are with Force feats. Just because we don't see it in a movie, or our imaginations can't grasp what a novelization is trying to tell us, we see one cool looking force feat and immediately assume it can't be done anywhere else by anyone else and whoever did that feat is the strongest person in the galaxy.

Pleeeaaaseee look past the eye candy for a moment. Using the force to tear a skyscraper that was already top heavy is no super feat.

How about Rahm Kota surviving that fall? I know we are not talking about him, but please don't be so impressed at feats like that. We are not talking about who can do the biggest baddest Force attack but who would win in a duel.

Some of you are of the mind set that Galen will just lift up his hand, send a huge force attack out and bam Kyle is dead. Did galen beat any jedi just by doing that? no. there was a duel first. True Galen won all, but against Sidious. But look at every one that Kyle beat. While he was still a "padawan" if you would he beat Seven well trained Dark Jedi.

Kyle was trained by an ancient Jedi Holocron from a master from the days of the army of Light. Back when Lightsaber combat and force feats were common place in combat.

Kyle utilizes a plethora of Force powers that Galen does not.

Im not saying Gelen is weak. He is rather strong. But please for the sake of fair arguments, look at this with an open mind and not some personal attack against your favorite star wars character.

Kyle has proven time and time again he is a Master Swordsman with many force powers to back him up

LLLLLink
How? Because someone agrees with you?

.......no. I am right because I spoke it.

MadMel
Oh so your saying Galen could catch up to tie fighters who are inside other ships or still in the hanger....not full speed outside. Ok i will give you that no i mean outside when they are speeding towards him, and most times away from him - are you sure you've played the game?

..........Yet we don't see Galen doing it your suggesting that just because we dont always see starkiller speed blitzing every enemy he sees he is slow?

Im amazed at how easily impressed some of you are with Force feats. Just because we don't see it in a movie, or our imaginations can't grasp what a novelization is trying to tell us, we see one cool looking force feat and immediately assume it can't be done anywhere else by anyone else and whoever did that feat is the strongest person in the galaxy.
hooray for ignorance
all you've done is complain and try to downplay feats..you havent actually proven in any way that kyle can somehow do better

Using the force to tear a skyscraper that was already top heavy is no super feat.
my point proven

We are not talking about who can do the biggest baddest Force attack but who would win in a duel.
nope - we're talking about who can win in a fight - no holds barred - this isnt sabers only, therefor, if starkiller can kill kyle with a force attack (which has been proven), he will..

Some of you are of the mind set that Galen will just lift up his hand, send a huge force attack out and bam Kyle is dead. Did galen beat any jedi just by doing that? no, he did have a duel first, but thats not important - the fact is he did take on people like shak ti, vader and the emperor - not an unimpressive feat..

Kyle was trained by an ancient Jedi Holocron from a master from the days of the army of Light. Back when Lightsaber combat and force feats were common place in combat. just like every other jedi-sith fighting - OMG!!

Kyle utilizes a plethora of Force powers that Galen does not. big deal - he cant use any of them effectively against SK

Im not saying Gelen is weak. He is rather strong. But please for the sake of fair arguments, look at this with an open mind and not some personal attack against your favorite star wars character. hooray for more ignorance - if you had bothered to read you would know the majority of us hate starkiller...i like kyle much better - doesnt change the fact that he loses to starkiller..

Kyle has proven time and time again he is a Master Swordsman with many force powers to back him up
so has SK, vader, shak ti and sidious - moot point..

BoratBorat

Consider some things. Alot of you seem to think that Vader was the super most powerful guy ever. This is not true. Vader is less than half of what Anakin was. Nobody is arguing vader is the most powerful sith.

HAH, i forgot how he killed a jedi that was able to walk through walls(the dark woman), he choked rahm kota and ragdolled him, a jedi that could match starkiller and tore space stations apart, he was powerful enough to smash through a giant structure with one force move while ragdolling force pwning galens father.

Yeah, because nearly killing jedi that could rip stations apart is attributed to them being weak and the novel even mentions how vader nearly kills starkiller in their final battle before galen pwns him.

If vader is as weak as a piece of shit you say he is, why did the developers put him as the final boss?

Your not a SW fan, your a n00b acting like you know anything about star wars, vader is FAR more powerful than you think he is, if he is as weak as you say he is, why did sidious, the most powerful sith lord bother keeping him as his apprentice?

And really, stop using wookiepedia as a source, anybody can edit it anytime so its better you use real sources.

Oh and just to remind you, vader is capable of choking his opponents from millions of light years away(the bounty hunter wars), lets not forget how the ancient sith even built a frigging throne for vader on korriban(source, Empires end).

And the ancient sith only respect people with great power.

Kazenji
And Kyle has'nt even bet a Sith lord he's mostly fought dark Jedi.

NemeBro
Think about it like this.

Galen can redirect the path of a Star Destroyer, crush walkers with the force, and apparently collapse buildings with the Force, can Kyle?

No?

Then until further evidence is brought forth, Galen is more powerful.

MadMel
there cant be more evidence brought - the most kyle has ever lifted was a steel pillar (similar in size to the one yoda lifted in AOTC), and he lost to darth caedus - despite getting help from 3 other jedi..
while SK isnt exactly a sith lord, he has shown significantly more raw force power than kyle, and that alone would be enough to kill kyle..

Maester_yoda
haha well it was interesting to get out of the star wars forums for a while and discuss characters with video game lovers. I have to say it was an experience. I see that most of you really do not know star wars. MadMel was the only one that was making sense. Maybe we will have another discussion sometime. But i must stop. Im used to dealing with people who actually know star wars. See ya!

Nephthys
Your a moron. Byee!

NemeBro
haha well it was interesting to get out of the star wars forums for a while and discuss characters with video game lovers. I have to say it was an experience. I see that most of you really do not know star wars. MadMel was the only one that was making sense. Maybe we will have another discussion sometime. But i must stop. Im used to dealing with people who actually know star wars. See ya! Cop-out?

Lol.

Maester_yoda
Originally posted by NemeBro
Cop-out?

Lol.

big grin You wish. Its pointless to try and reason with those who don't understand and know alot about star wars. I was curious about the sight. You can't reason here so its pointless to continue

NemeBro
You did not even address the fact that Galen's power over the Force dwarfs Kyle's, yet you declare that those who debated you were merely wrong and do not know much about Star Wars?

I would have some choice words for you, but forum rules frown upon such language, so instead I will respond with a pic.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee224/Pyronftw/stendisapproves.jpg

MadMel
i find it hilarious that i somehow made more sense than the rest of you laughing

BoratBorat
haha well it was interesting to get out of the star wars forums for a while and discuss characters with video game lovers. I have to say it was an experience. I see that most of you really do not know star wars. MadMel was the only one that was making sense. Maybe we will have another discussion sometime. But i must stop. Im used to dealing with people who actually know star wars. See ya!

Oh shut up, you clearly don't know anything about star wars. I love how noob cakes like you enter a forum, act like you know everything and when you get owned in the process you leave claiming we dont know anything about star wars.

MadMel
i can see how he was a mod at SW.com..
too bad he cant ban anyone who disagrees with him here stick out tongue

BoratBorat
Being a mod for SW.com means jack.

MadMel
im surprised he wasnt completely bashed for it - but then - i dont think he went to the SW vs forums stick out tongue

Darkstorm Zero
Ok, let me try and get this straight... Maester Yoda claims Kyle will win without providing anything even remotely resembling evidence, feats lore or even a theory on how he accomplishes this task, yet pretty much tries to tarnish how people debate in the VGvs Forums and how debates are conducted in here?

Thats just stupid...

Maester, I don't know how things are conducted in the SWvs forums, as I tend to just avoid that place, but in here, we actually rely on evidence, accomplishments and feats to determine who wins in a fight bitween two characters, and so far, any support for Kyle has shown about 20% of the evidence Kyle needs to win in a face up battle with Galen. The only advantage kyle has is experience.

Tavion was able to force-push Kyle into a pillar, imagine what Galen's going to do...

you have essentially summed up Kyles argument to "he wins because I am a supposed Star Wars Guru, and I said he wins". I'm sorry if we don't get down on our knees and swallow that load directly from the barrel, but we need actual evidence to fend off the mountains of Feats Galen has accomplished. Hell man, Kyle has had about 5 times the exposure that Galen has on-screen, if he was capable of defeating Galen, he should have something shown to suggest this, and frankly, I'm not seeing it in any of his games, books, novelisations or comics...

Ms.Marvel
kyle katarn is much much cooler of a character though.

so i guess he wins in that aspect.

MadMel
i agree that kyle is a complete badass - theres no doubting his awesomeness - sk is just a sh*tload more powerful erm

Ms.Marvel
ridiculously so. yes

kyle made having a butt load of powers look cool... galen not so much. sick

BoratBorat
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero

Maester, I don't know how things are conducted in the SWvs forums, as I tend to just avoid that place, but in here, we actually rely on evidence, accomplishments and feats to determine who wins in a fight bitween two characters, and so far,

Just to correct you, this forum barely shows any evidence when it ever comes to fights like these as compared to the SW forums.

There can be massive wall of texts with stuff quoted from several sources along with a plethora of comic strips and novel quotes to go with them in the SWV.

Its there where we rely on evidence alot more, not here which 2 sentences = proof.

Ms.Marvel
yeah pretty much.

we active posters of the SWVF dont condone master yodas ramblings.

Darkstorm Zero
Just to correct you, this forum barely shows any evidence when it ever comes to fights like these as compared to the SW forums.

There can be massive wall of texts with stuff quoted from several sources along with a plethora of comic strips and novel quotes to go with them in the SWV.

Its there where we rely on evidence alot more, not here which 2 sentences = proof.

Probably true, however, we still rely on actual solid showings and canon scale to determine the victor. And that is based on the extrapolation of how he fared in here, and saying that we know nothing about Star Wars is a grave mistake, and added to that, he added absolutely NOTHING but snide remarks and arrogance.

I'm sorry, but if that is a benchmark for SWvs, then I was right in leaving it behind...

BoratBorat
The SWV is boring now so i dont go there anymore.

But you are still right anyhow.

MadMel
swv used to be amusing - if not entirely pointless

back in the day it was "noob retard *** learntoread" this and "nebaris" that erm

Nephthys
Damn, those where the days. 50-page epic arguments where around 70% of everything was pure insults. Nothing short of hilarious. Nebaris vs Gideon, Nai vs Lightsnake, DS vs Common decency..

Ahhh, good times. *tears up*

BoratBorat
Yeah and i remember your funny trolling too, made me laugh honestly.

And who was the biggest joke in the SWV again? Ah yes BOOG threatening to beat my ass because i disagree with his sick fantasies about sleeping with SW characters.

Maester_yoda
actually i have never been on the SWvs on this site. big grin

As far as the only person winning is the one who has the bigger feats, thats stupid, but oh well im glad i just visited the site and don't intend to stay.

Here is why i think Kyle edges out....

Kyle has an ability called Force absorb which allows him for a brief period of time to basically use the force to tank an all out attack. He also has demonstrated that he can block force pushes from other force users. My main approach to the fight was to try and get people to understand that while Galen had an awesome amount of Force energy and skill, his feats were not above reproach. I kept hearing how Galen would own kyle with a force crunch or whatever.

In my opinion this is how the fight would play out.

Galen would try to tear kyle apart at a distance with the force. Kyle would get thrown around probably but manage to survive. Galen would then try to force lightning Kyle into submission. Kyle would either absorb or block Galen's lightning with his own. Then kyle would close the gap with force speed to make it a lightsaber duel. Because Galen probably could over time wear kyle out enough with the force to beat him. Kyle's strong point is saber dueling. Galen couldnt just pick kyle up either with grap because kyle can force push his way out. Maybe if kyle was battered alittle more Galen could grab him up.

Anyway, now kyle is close to galen and they are fighting. Kyle's lightnig attack that he has is very comparable to Galens, although kyle only uses one hand and holds the saber with the other.

It would be an awesome duel, but in kyles fashion he would not leave Galen alone long enough for Galen to pull a huge push or a powerful repulse. The repulse would help Galen, but if its not a good strength then i don't see it happening. Imo Kyle is a better duelist.

While the battle goes on, both contestants need to draw on the force to survive and keep going. This is where we see the light side vs the dark side. If the contestants are both fairly even, and the battle drags on, then Kyle will be using his force heal ability. It draws on the lightside to focus and restore. Galen on the other hand has never shown any affinity with healing, also its not the sith way. THey see it as a sign of weakness. So Galen would be drawing on his rage and hatred to keep him going, using the darkside. The problem here is what basically happened to Obi-wan and Anakin. The Power of the darkside and the more you draw on its power to keep going, the more blinded you become and make stupid decisions.

Not that Galen would be just stupid but Kyle would have a more level head and would in fact be more rejuvenated. In the end Galen would unleash one final force attack in typical Galen fashion, and because Kyle has healed and is drawing on the light sides power, and has his own bit of force protection, force push, force heal, force speed. Kyle survives and goes in for a finishing saber kill.

But i only give it to kyle maybe 65 - 70% of the time.

In the other 30% rendering of the battle, kyle dies when Galen uses his final Force attack

Also i thought you would find this funny, in the cheats for the force unleashed, to unlock all force mastery you type in the code KATARN
__________________ big grin big grin big grin stick out tongue stick out tongue

BoratBorat
Oh piss off already, nobody gives a damn what a nub cake like you thinks.

"Kyle would get thrown about and survive"? How do you know that? Or are you pulling this out of your arse?

Maester_yoda
Oh piss off already, nobody gives a damn what a nub cake like you thinks.

"Kyle would get thrown about and survive"? How do you know that? Or are you pulling this out of your arse?

you are an idiot that does not deserve me explaining anything to you. All you do is bash people and think you are cool doing it. I could care less what you say or think. all you have done is jump in and insulted and tried to look cool. in all reality all you have done is look like an idiot who knows nothing and wants people to think you are funny and cool. nobody here respects you or your opinions. so please shut up and leave. Thanks!

BoratBorat
Yeah because telling you to piss off after your snide remarks is bashing.

And knows nothing? Wait, this is the internet, i don't have to prove anything to a keyboard warrior.

You came here thinking you could be taken seriously by telling everyone how you were a mod at SW and your intelligence is telling us a different story, you obviously have no knowledge of SW and you try to tell everyone that disagrees with you that they are idiots.

So any one that points our your apparant stupidity is trying to look cool? So far your the only one attracting attention by brining in irrelevant details about yourself, your the one trying to look cool, not me.

And no, i could care less what people think of me because this is zeh intranet!! Enough of youe l33t speek fruit cake.

I am done rambling with a pigeon.

Maester_yoda
Yeah because telling you to piss off after your snide remarks is bashing.

And knows nothing? Wait, this is the internet, i don't have to prove to you anything to a keyboard warrior.

You came here thinking you could be taken seriously by telling everyone how you were a mod at SW and your intelligence is telling us a different story, you obviously have no knowledge of SW and you try to tell everyone that disagrees with you are idiots.

So any one that points our your apparant stupidity is trying to look cool? So far your the only one attracting attention by brining in irrelevant details about yourself, your the one trying to look cool, not me.

And no, i could care less what people think of me because this is zeh intranet!! Enough of youe l33t speek fruit cake.

I am done rambling with a pigeon.

haha that was a good one! keep going eek!

BoratBorat
yawn

Nephthys
Remember that time when we just insulted each other for about 3 pages. Man, that was funny.

Nephthys
In that case Glen would just pimpslap his ass with thrown objects like he did to Vader.

Force users who are as strong as Marek? Marek who at one point blew apart literally hundreds of droids with a single force-wave. Trying to actually block Mareks attacks would just be a good way to exhaust his force reserves. Real force battle aren't DnD spell-level type things, if a person is stronger in the force than their opponent they can overwhelm their defences and d nasty things to them, which is what happens here.

Galen could probably explode his head.

I'd say they're about equal. Galens swordsmanship is stated as being 'near perfect' in one source. He was also able to duel Shaak Ti (one of the jedi order's premier battlebeasts) to a stalemate. She found it necessary to commit suicide just to hit him. Utilising masterful force control he telekinetically blocks her lightsaber on the killing stroke as she falls upon his, even though he just received 2 wounds in rapid succession. There's also a nice desciption of his fight with PROXY which gives him major kudos.

They're both kinda more nuetral imo.

Funny how Galen has never made a bad decision mid-battle though.

This being the Kyle Katarn who suicide-charges a Dark Jedi armed with nothing but a gun and no force powers at one point? He gets curbstomped iirc.

Bottom-line? Kyle is good, but Starkiller is better.

BoratBorat
Owned

MadMel
actually i have never been on the SWvs on this site. big grin

As far as the only person winning is the one who has the bigger feats, thats stupid, but oh well im glad i just visited the site and don't intend to stay.

Here is why i think Kyle edges out....
sad - using the PM you sent me to try and win me over as an argument..bravo

Kyle has an ability called Force absorb which allows him for a brief period of time to basically use the force to tank an all out attack. He also has demonstrated that he can block force pushes from other force users. My main approach to the fight was to try and get people to understand that while Galen had an awesome amount of Force energy and skill, his feats were not above reproach. I kept hearing how Galen would own kyle with a force crunch or whatever. unless marek throws something like a building or giant steel pipe, kinda like the one used to kill desann (canon-wise)

In my opinion this is how the fight would play out. heres your biggest mistake - you DONT pull scenario's out of you ass to make your argument sound impressive - it NEVER works

Galen would try to tear kyle apart at a distance with the force. Kyle would get thrown around probably but manage to survive.
and i suppose you have proof to back this up?

Galen would then try to force lightning Kyle into submission. Kyle would either absorb or block Galen's lightning with his own. neither of which would work, as marek has overpowered stronger jedi with lightning before..

Then kyle would close the gap with force speed to make it a lightsaber duel. Because Galen probably could over time wear kyle out enough with the force to beat him. wear kyle out? he would push kyle to exhaustion with a single force attack, at the very least..kyle has never been shown to survive anything as powerful as marek

Kyle's strong point is saber dueling. Galen couldnt just pick kyle up either with grap because kyle can force push his way out. Maybe if kyle was battered alittle more Galen could grab him up. push outside of the jedi knight series has never stopped someone choking the crap out someone else - therefor, its non-canon...imagine all of the crap that could have been resolved because obi-wan used that trick on dooku in ROTS erm

Anyway, now kyle is close to galen and they are fighting. Kyle's lightnig attack that he has is very comparable to Galens, although kyle only uses one hand and holds the saber with the other. they're only close because of your retarded scenario..more importantly, marek block the emperor's lightning..wtf is kyle gonna do with his?

It would be an awesome duel, but in kyles fashion he would not leave Galen alone long enough for Galen to pull a huge push or a powerful repulse. The repulse would help Galen, but if its not a good strength then i don't see it happening. Imo Kyle is a better duelist.
not necessarily - marek did fight shak ti and more than held his own, not to mention the epic fight he had not only with proxy, but vader as well

While the battle goes on, both contestants need to draw on the force to survive and keep going. This is where we see the light side vs the dark side. considering they are both neutral in the force, no

If the contestants are both fairly even, and the battle drags on, then Kyle will be using his force heal ability. It draws on the lightside to focus and restore. Galen on the other hand has never shown any affinity with healing, also its not the sith way
They see it as a sign of weakness. So Galen would be drawing on his rage and hatred to keep him going, using the darkside. The problem here is what basically happened to Obi-wan and Anakin. The Power of the darkside and the more you draw on its power to keep going, the more blinded you become and make stupid decisions. marek fought off shak ti - shows you what good her light side was in terms of helping her in combat...also, thats not entirely true, when someone masters the darkside they dont make stupid reckless decisions..even those who tapped into the power of the darkside only once (like qui-gon) stated that using the dark side sharpened their focus and their ability in battle..

Not that Galen would be just stupid but Kyle would have a more level head and would in fact be more rejuvenated. In the end Galen would unleash one final force attack in typical Galen fashion, and because Kyle has healed and is drawing on the light sides power, and has his own bit of force protection, force push, force heal, force speed. Kyle survives and goes in for a finishing saber kill. theres so much wrong with this i dont know where to start..
1. marek has displayed a much calmer state of mind than kyle - remember when kyle could have killed tavion?

2. the fight would have ended long before either party reached this point in your scenario

3. kyle doesnt survive - he has never withstood anything like what marek could throw at him

But i only give it to kyle maybe 65 - 70% of the time. nope

In the other 30% rendering of the battle, kyle dies when Galen uses his final Force attack kyle dies when galen uses his ONLY force attack maybe..

Also i thought you would find this funny, in the cheats for the force unleashed, to unlock all force mastery you type in the code KATARN the cheat i sent back in my PM was better

maester - if you are not going to post an intelligent argument kindly stop posting erm

BoratBorat
Double ownage, this noob cake should piss off.

Darkstorm Zero
I see stuff all has changed, even with all the arguing... And yes, double ownage is a very bad thing Yoda...

Hewhoknowsall

try me...

laughing

somewhat weaker?? my friend the Vader we see in episode 4-6 is a much weaker version of the one we see in episode 3.

He defeated on OLD man who had not done anything as far as training for the past 20 years. In another book that came out in 1978 by Alan Dean Foster titled Splinter of the Minds Eye, the spirit of Obi-wan came on Luke when Veder confronted him in a jungle ruin type atmosphere. After Luke drives Vader back, the Spirit of Obi-wan says he could have beat him at the death star, but his body was to old - Canon

No he wasn't, but age hurts im afraid

Thats because im trying to lay a foundation for Galen not being as super powreful as some seem to think

I don't have time to get into how i believe that by the time Valin Horn became a jedi that the order was somewhat weakened. Also we are talking about VIDEO GAME kyle. Not future Kyle

Vader said that Obi Wan was still a challenging duelist and that one mistake on Vader's part could spell Vader's doom. So Obi Wan was still close to Vader. So:

Vader >= Obi Wan

Vader defeated all of the jedi in the conclave of Kessel. So Vader has shown to be able to defeat several Jedi at once. He has also shown many other powerful feats.

And you don't want to include future Kyle? That's rather strange, given that LOTF Kyle >>> earlier Kyles...but OK.

MadMel
tad late to the party, man stick out tongue

LLLLLink
You guys (MM and BB) have failed with a fanboy-tastic flair. Way to go!

BoratBorat
Yeah providing actual canon facts backed up with cogent logical arguments is being a raging fanboy.

Look who's talking.

LLLLLink
Seems like all youre doing is sucking MM dick to me...

MadMel
seems like all you're doing is being a whiny troll..
how exactly have we failed? wink

LLLLLink
By being wrong in the face of all evidences. But whatever. You guys have already resolved yourselves to Galen instead of facts, so......yeah....
This thread is done.

MadMel
i think someone's in denial wink
both borat and myself have displayed evidence that galen wins, despite how much we both hate galen as a character. we've both countered all arguments thrown at us, and all you've managed to do is make a poor attempt to insult us.
this makes YOU the fanboy, not us erm

LLLLLink
Please read over the first of this thread.

MadMel
are you referring to this?
-Galen has inferior lighsaber training in comparison to Kyle, who has 3 styles to Galen's 1.

-Kyle possesses force barrier and force healing; two techniques that are impossible for a sith to learn canonically.

or the fact that everyone shot down my 'galen nearly killed sids' remark?
ill admit i was exaggerating a bit there, i accepted that i was wrong and moved on - perhaps you should do the same erm

LLLLLink
"Wow you have absolutely no idea about star wars do you?" -BoratBorat

So, we see who started the insulting, so dont bring that up.

Here's the facts. I gave you truth, and a Star Wars mod came and expounded on those truths. You wouldnt have any of it. Go ahead, believe what you want, but you are disagreeing with the majority of the intellectual.

MadMel
thats hardly an insult, its fact

fact - you gave us horseshit that you couldn't back up
fact - in case you didnt know, mods from sw.com forums are raging fanboys/girls who abuse their mod powers by banning anyone who proves them wrong.. measter was no exception to this rule

fact - we proved BOTH of you wrong, using evidence from canon sources.
but if you really wanna do this, lets go

force TK - galen has displayed far greater tk powers than kyle, including directing a star destroyer, knocking down both ATSTs and ATATs, as well as large statues, and throwing around tie fighters like they are toys

force lightning - kyle can kill multiple enemies with lightning.
galen can take down imperial walkers, rancors and sarlaccs, and could tank the emperor's lightning, to a certain degree

force push - no contest - galen can push around just about anything in his path, no matter how large, and can break open reinforced doors without any difficulty

speed - kyle can move incredibly fast, but is still slower than a speeding tie fighter, which galen could tag quite easily with close ranged lightning attacks

strength - kyle can carry heavy weapons like rocket launchers and still move with speed and grace.
galen can use his bare hands to rip the cannon off an ATST (a weapons as large as he is) and use it like a club to beat down said ATST

sabers - this is the only category where the two are close. they are about equal in terms of saber combat. kyle is the official battlemaster of the new jedi order and a great duelist, using three styles. he was trained personally by luke skywalker.
galen was personally trained by darth vader, a great duelist in his own right, and uses a combo of soresu and juyo (obi-wan's and darth maul's styles respectively), which are the best defensive and offensive styles, the latter of which requires knowledge of all of the other saber styles in the old jedi order in order to use it effectively. on top of this, galen can use his force powers to enhace his saber combat, such as using force push and lightning to to make his blade even more lethal.

they are evenly matched in sabers, but galen would rape kyle with the force.

LLLLLink
Actually, you provided absolutely no proof at all. You just spouted opinions and fanboyish rejections. But hey that's ok. Every single thing you just posted was already dealt with by Measter, so once again, like a dog to its vomit, you return to the same discarded trash as your argument. Congratz.

MadMel
the game and the essential guide are enough to prove everything i just said.

and measter didnt deal with anything - he could even deal with his own defeat - thats why he sent me that bulshit pm and then left. erm

you're just using measter's failed attempt at an argument so you dont have to reply, because you know you havent got a shred of proof that kyle can win this.

LLLLLink
Youre doing it again. Denial. Nothing more.

MadMel
im in denial?

you havent shown proof of anything you have claimed, and after we've proven time and time again that SK wins, the only replys you have are

show me this 'eveidence' you claim to have been used stick out tongue

insults and the pretense that you somehow 'beat' us, when in fact you havent done a damn thing but spout random troll crap
thats denial for you wink

Peach
Knock off the hostility and personal attacks, right this moment.

Also, this belongs better in the SW Vs., so I'm moving it.

Lord Lucien
You people care too much.

MadMel
lol
who knows, maybe lllllink will become the next nebaris erm

BoratBorat
lllllink, shut the hell up, you have been constantly owned over and over and over again and now all your doing is making yourself look extremely stupid and your arguing like a broken record.

You really want to be taken seriously then i have one advice that will change your life forever : Grow some hair on your balls.

Seriously, your acting like a spoilt brat whose mummy didn't buy him the xbox game he wants so bad.

Lord Lucien
Holy balls I just read some of the posts in this thread. That Maester guy and the Zelda freak don't know jack about Star Wars. Two more cases of wounded egos being unable to cope.

MadMel
all this arguing about starkiller makes me want the TFU special edition to hurry and be delivered already erm

truejedi
this is sad. Kinda reminds me of back in the day when we cared, and we would have long passionate arguments about star wars.

Slash_KMC
Not just the long passionate arguments, but also the staying on topic for 6 pages. I mean like, wow.

truejedi
we really don't do that anymore. we all know what other people think, so we don't rehash old arguments. I'm looking forward to some new source material. We did have a serious 10 page talk about the last FOTJ book when it came out, and our interpretation of Luke's performance. We learned Gideon thought he was pathetic, and some of us, like Beefy and myself, thought it wasn't a terrible showing for a guy that hadn't eaten or drank in weeks.

It was actually a good discussion.

I think that we finally learned to agree to disagree cost us bigtime on the round and round arguments.

Peach
lllllink, shut the hell up, you have been constantly owned over and over and over again and now all your doing is making yourself look extremely stupid and your arguing like a broken record.

You really want to be taken seriously then i have one advice that will change your life forever : Grow some hair on your balls.

Seriously, your acting like a spoilt brat whose mummy didn't buy him the xbox game he wants so bad.

Did you seriously completely ignore me saying that this is going to stop?

That's an official warning. Cut it out. Now.

REXXXX
Seems like all youre doing is sucking MM dick to me...

Also giving an official warning for this. Don't make posts like these.

Everyone else, stay on topic or I'll distribute more, since that's what it takes...

BoratBorat
Originally posted by Peach
Did you seriously completely ignore me saying that this is going to stop?

That's an official warning. Cut it out. Now.

Anyways i won't bother arguing with this guy, if he responds with more childish crap i'll just report him.

MadMel
Originally posted by truejedi
this is sad. Kinda reminds me of back in the day when we cared, and we would have long passionate arguments about star wars.
i can see why

basically you guys have learned all there really is to know about the star wars characters that you use in this area
but the VG universe is much broader than the SW universe, so we have more things to argue about, with millions of character vs combinations.
you guys dont have that privilege, thats why when something is posted, you automatically say wins without too much of an argument, because you know the characters so well and you've had such similar arguments thats its become redundant to have 6 pages worth of straight arguing..

maybe some of you should visit the videogame vs every now and then so that you not as bored stick out tongue

One Free Man
We know who wins in the video game forum as well. Bandon.

He technically originated from a video game, thus is both a vg and a sw character and can legally own both forums.

truejedi
we use video game characters. We just don't accept gameplay. For instance, Cutscenes in Video Games are canon. Novels of video games,such as TFU is canon. Any references to characters from video games is canon.

Gameplay just doesn't count, because it can be different for every character.

Where did you get the idea we don't include video games?

MadMel
i never said that - i just said that there are a million more vs possibilities for videogame vs than SW vs.
sw vs idea's get older quicker because there are less characters in SW then there are in videogames, and thats why you dont debate the way you used to stick out tongue

Phantom Miria
Originally posted by One Free Man
We know who wins in the video game forum as well. Bandon.

He technically originated from a video game, thus is both a vg and a sw character and can legally own both forums.

It is VG Versus rules that if a thread revolve around two Star Wars characters, it belongs in the Star Wars Versus rather than VG even if both originated in a VG.

Which makes sense to me.

BoratBorat
Originally posted by Phantom Miria
It is VG Versus rules that if a thread revolve around two Star Wars characters, it belongs in the Star Wars Versus rather than VG even if both originated in a VG.

Which makes sense to me. It should be in the SWV but doesn't mean it can't be in the games vs.

truejedi
ah. you want batman vs. boba? we totally have batman vs. boba.

But no, one of the main reasons we don't debate like we used to is i think most of us are in college. no time.

BoratBorat
And that we have lives and don't care about debating SW and also because are no longer keyboard warriors.(like nebaris)

truejedi
man we used to be though. and Ivalice, you have a new phrase i've noticed. I've seen it like 5 times in 2 weeks. ( : (keyboard warriors.)

BoratBorat
Yes, keyboard warriors. After one of my "friends" that was upset with me decided to confront me through facebook and not real life, i decided i will crack heads and confront people in real life than hide behind a monitor and act tough.

But it had its days.

Rookwood
What a ****ing little punk *****. laughing

Anyway, Kyle wins this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.