The Godfather V Godfather part 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Just like Alien and aliens which one is better ? I have never seen these films before but heard alot of good things about them . All i know is that the third movie isnt as good as the first two.

Wanderer11
A lot of people prefer the second one, but I am a bit old fashioned in thinking that the first one is the best. I love all of the performances and the dramatic last few minutes.

lord xyz
Third one, definately best.

dadudemon
They were all boring.

I'd rather watch Transformers 1 and 2 or Bad Boys. no expression

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon
They were all boring.

I'd rather watch Transformers 1 and 2 or Bad Boys. no expression

but Bad Boys with Sean Penn is much better

Quiero Mota
Everyone says the second Star Wars, Godfather and Terminator were better, but I liked the first ones.

It just wasn't the same without Brando, and I didn't like the whole Cuban connection thing.

Kazenji
They were all boring.

I agree

i keep hearing how good these movies are and i've tried watching them but i just bored of them i suppose these crime movies are'nt for me.

Sgt.Shakedown
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Everyone says the second Star Wars, Godfather and Terminator were better, but I liked the first ones.

It just wasn't the same without Brando, and I didn't like the whole Cuban connection thing.

I agree with you. I really feel that the first Godfather film was far superior than the second.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kazenji
I agree

i keep hearing how good these movies are and i've tried watching them but i just bored of them i suppose these crime movies are'nt for me.

That's cause you're normal. They are like a soap opera, really.

Spartan005
I just watched the first one for the first time last week. Wasn't all that impressed, considering its apparently the greatest movie ever made. Marlon Brando's performance is way overated, it had slow pacing.... i don't know I just didn't get it.

Ziggy22
The Godfather films are fantastic. The second one is a masterclass in cinema.

jinXed by JaNx
That's cause you're normal. They are like a soap opera, really.

lmao soap Opera? Is that the new word for Drama? These films are masterfully crafted. If you appreciate writing and character development you will know that the Godfather is a masterpiece. Is there not enough violence..,is that what makes it boring? These films are amongst those films that you experience. You don't watch the Godfather, you experience it. You, WATCH Transformers. The godfather is one of those few rare movies that stay with you.Unlike Transformers you don't pop in the Godfather when you just wanna watch something. You watch the Godfather when you want to experience something. You only need to watch it once and it will be ingrained in your memory forever. This might make post viewings less impactfull, but the movies' are still Expertly written, acted and directed ( well maybe not the third wink _ ). The Godfather Taxi Driver, GoodFellas, Raging Bull, Dirty Harry, Bullit..., These are sentinels of Cinema. There's just something special there. You cannot compare these movies to a Soap Opera, That's just distasteful, man. Show a little more respect than that. You might not get it, or like it..,but you still KNOW what, The Godfather has done for cinema. It's a relic of...,a portrait history. I thought you were made of sterner stuff, dude mad

Can't pick one over the other. The second Godfather is a companion piece to the first. It's one of those good books that you never want to end, extended. You can't watch the first Gofather without wanting to watch the second one, upon credits.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Taxi Driver, Dirty Harry,

Now theres two that i can watch over this snoozefest of a movie.

Kovacs86
Why so much hate for The Godfather?

And, hard as it is to choose, I reckon the first one was probably marginally better. They are best viewed as one ridiculously long film, though.

steverules_2
I haven't seen any of the Godfather movies and I don't plan to erm Just by looking at them I know I'd be bored

dadudemon
lmao soap Opera? Is that the new word for Drama?

Sort of. You do know that Soap Operas are "dramas", right?

It's the name for tons and tons of dialogue and character development that is serialized, with long drawn out stories surrounding that character development. Sounds like I'm describing the Godfather films, doesn't it?

Just read the rest of your post. Sure, they were acted really well. Amog the best. They were just rather boring.

Let's put it this way: I've watched other films that were heavily laden with dialogue and character development, and I enjoyed those more. It's an opinion thing, in the end. I enjoyed Goodfellas, more. Acting was better in the Godfather films, though.

NemeBro
You do realise you prefer Transformers movies to the Godfather movies right?

You do realise this in fact makes your opinion garbage, correct?

dadudemon
Originally posted by NemeBro

No, I stated because I don't realize it. no expression

Actually, it doesn't. Lest both of us commit argumentum ad populum, we both should agree that it is opinion and nothing more. I probably like films that are more "heady" or complex than some of the films you like, but you don't see me acting smug when you express your opinion. no expression

Impediment
Originally posted by coolmovies
Just like Alien and aliens which one is better ? I have never seen these films before but heard alot of good things about them . All i know is that the third movie isnt as good as the first two.

And, still, you felt compelled to make this thread?

I seriously do not get you. Your threads are terrible.

lord xyz
No, I stated because I don't realize it. no expression

Actually, it doesn't. Lest both of us commit argumentum ad populum, we both should agree that it is opinion and nothing more. I probably like films that are more "heady" or complex than some of the films you like, but you don't see me acting smug when you express your opinion. no expression Since you prefer Transformers to Godfather, I think it's obvious you don't prefer films more "heady" or complex.

Serious drama based on real life, ummm...OOH! Big ****ing explosions and megan fox swearing, **** yeah!

you probably like Wolverine too.

dadudemon
Originally posted by lord xyz
Since you prefer Transformers to Godfather, I think it's obvious you don't prefer films more "heady" or complex.

Actually, you missed the point entirely, again.

There are some films I like that he doesn't that would be considered more "complex or heady" than some of the films he likes.

I'm sure the same could be said of a match-up between the two of us, as well. That's kind of how it goes, you know?

Originally posted by lord xyz
Serious drama based on real life, ummm...OOH! Big ****ing explosions and megan fox swearing, **** yeah!

you probably like Wolverine too.

Yup. Transformers 1 and 2 was MUCH more enjoyable than any of the Godfather films. BY FAR.

I liked the Wolverine film, but it wasn't great. I gave it a 6.

jinXed by JaNx

It's the name for tons and tons of dialogue and character development that is serialized, with long drawn out stories surrounding that character development. Sounds like I'm describing the Godfather films, doesn't it?

No man, that sounds like the description for nearly every movie.

The Godfather is undserving of the insult, Soap Opera. mad lol

dadudemon
No man, that sounds like the description for nearly every movie.

The Godfather is undserving of the insult, Soap Opera. mad lol

The only thing the Godfather lacks to be truly considered a soap opera is an extensive serialization. Other than that, it fits the definition of a soap opera VERY WELL.

I'll give you that it is not really a soap opera, because it has to be in many many episodes with each episode continuing stories from the previous. But, soap operas are known to be very heavily laden with dialogue, very little action, and focuses almost entirely on characters....talking to each other and the conflicts with that....talking. Since there were 3 Godfathers (part I and II being closely related), it very lightly fits the serialization requirement.

If you remove the extensive serialization requirement for a soap opera, the Godfather films fit that, nicely. (especially the intersecting mini-stories part, coming together as one.) Calling it a Soap Opera in jest was the intention. Of course it's not. However, it very closely fits the definition of a Soap. Many night-time dramas are technically soap operas, people just don't call them for what they really are, though.

If it's any help, I still think you're awesome and will not fault you for liking the Godfather films so much. Hell, just about EVERYONE likes the Godfather films. (Cept III, lol.) It's really me not being a conformist.

SnakeEyes
Nice attempt, but you're still wrong.

dadudemon
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Nice attempt, but you're still wrong.

Nah. I'm right. On every point.

Spartan005
Originally posted by NemeBro

They're two completely different movies so no, it doesn't make his opinion garbage. Of course transformers was the more entertaining movie... I've watched it probably 6 times already. But that doesn't make the godfather worse by any means.

Ms.Marvel
its something nemebros been on lately... the whole "factually bad taste" oxymoron he loves so much. ermm

anyway ive found all three movies to be super duper boring so i cant really comment on it. from what i remember though i liked the first one more. but in the end i think theyre both lame. i wouldnt have suffered through the mind numbing agony 2 abd a half hours of agony of either of them if my boyfriend hadnt been so insistent on me seeing them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.