Ghost Rider vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
Who wins?

carver9
GR

Hewhoknowsall

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
.... FIXED..... smokin'

Nihilist
Thanos wins

GR aint got shit on Thanos.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos wins

GR aint got shit on Thanos. HEY some guys think a fight between him and Juggernaut will end up in stale mate, so he should fare about the same against thanos....except thanos has a soul to burn.. confused

Omega Vision
Who has tanked the Penance Stare? The way I see it that's GR's biggest hope here.

carver9
It is ghost riders only hope and I think it'll work on thanos almost every time.

guy222
Ketch or Blaze win

Lord Feron
does anyone think with a strong enough will someone can resist the stare?

guy222
Thanos isn't destroying Blaze or Ketch

That makes me laugh

We all should read who and wat the Riders stand for and how and why they can't b destroyed

BattleMage
Thanos 8-9/10!

AlmightyKfish
Thanos can't permenantly put either Rider down, but he might be able to discorperate them for long enough to count as a KO.

Although I don't know, as Johnny has reformed his head in seconds after having it blown apart by Possessed Jack O Lantern, and the longest he's really been KO'd for was against WWH, which was only for a few moments...

That being said, I doubt, outside of the PS, that either could do that much damage to Thanos, due to his shielding, durability etc.

tkitna
Doesnt anybody else feel that Thanos would deal with the penance stare? He thrives on that kind of pain and stuff. As for him being able to put down a rider,,,,not sure thats even possible. He would probably concentrate on the higher source (what makes the riders tick),,,,Satan himself.

Stalemate

guy222
hey buddy

Kazenji
LOOK INTO MY EYES

Thanos falls down.

Slaanesh
Thanos have no way of putting GR down..GR on the other hand..got the PS..so..i give this to GR..

Prep-Man
Thanos.

Kazenji
Originally posted by tkitna
He would probably concentrate on the higher source (what makes the riders tick),,,,Satan himself.

Thats been changed now

The Riders powers come straight from God himself.

guy222
thank u karl

Nihilist
Thanos knocks him out.

guy222
He does?

thanos-prime
Thanos 6/10

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by guy222
He does?

Apparently punching him may work when Thanos does it.

Kazenji
Did'nt know Thano's punches were stronger then the Hulks.

Wei Phoenix
On KMC, Thanos punches out Juggernaut, Rider and even Squirrel Girl.

Don't ask me how it got that way.

guy222
It doesn't friends

King Kandy
Did GR get a major upgrade i'm not aware of? I remember him losing to foes far weaker than Thanos.

Kazenji
Originally posted by King Kandy
Did GR get a major upgrade i'm not aware of? I remember him losing to foes far weaker than Thanos.

Such as ?

guy222
Riders are instruments of God

Sole purpose is to reclaim Heaven from the Rogue Angel Zadkiel

Lets see Thanos conquer Heaven like Zadkiel has

Riders win

Any other answer is silly, if u don't know the history of the Riders

Speaketh Guy222

Sermon has commenced

stick out tongue

Wei Phoenix
Riders are instruments of God

Sole purpose is to reclaim Heaven from the Rogue Angel Zadkiel

Lets see Thanos conquer Heaven like Zadkiel has

Riders win

Any other answer is silly, if u don't know the history of the Riders

Speaketh Guy222

Sermon has commenced

Are you also collecting tithes and offerings?

guy222
indeed

smile

Nihilist
He does? Yeah ,but because its your fave character thats never happened before.Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
On KMC, Thanos punches out Juggernaut, Rider and even Squirrel Girl.

Don't ask me how it got that way. TardOriginally posted by Kazenji
Did'nt know Thano's punches were stronger then the Hulks. Have you ever seen Hulk punch Surfer to death..

guy222
And

U like Thanos also good friend

As the Riders fan with the others, we are asking u how does Thanos punch something that's from God

Its obvious, he does not

Stoic
The Ghost Rider lost a whole lot of cred with me when Venom ran the bag off of him.... and we're not talking about someone a little above Venom like Namor, we're talking about Thanos, one time ruler of reality... sorry Guy but I think that trumps Zadkiel. It's the Titans mind that is his greatest weapon, and besides being a power house, skilled telepath, and sorcerer near Dr. Strange's level. I just don't see the Rider winning this.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Kazenji
Thats been changed now

The Riders powers come straight from God himself. from TOAA?...thats just stupid

guy222
Originally posted by Stoic
The Ghost Rider lost a whole lot of cred with me when Venom ran the bag off of him.... and we're not talking about someone a little above Venom like Namor, we're talking about Thanos, one time ruler of reality... sorry Guy but I think that trumps Zadkiel. It's the Titans mind that is his greatest weapon, and besides being a power house, skilled telepath, and sorcerer near Dr. Strange's level. I just don't see the Rider winning this.

good to see ya smile

venon ran the bag from who

u want me to list who has embarassed venon. not a good comparsion my friend

thanos with items....that's the key...zadkiel under his own power has usurped heaven. point to me thanos doin something without an artifact....odin and tyrant fight and who won that

talk to me stick out tongue

i agree...his mind is his greatest asset

why wouldn't an instrument from god defeat a petty demi god

i like ya u know that....talk to guy222

help the thread move

guy222
Originally posted by nicamarvin
from TOAA?...thats just stupid

so its stupid because thanos can't get a push from toaa

i sorry

stick out tongue

KuRuPT Thanosi
good to see ya smile

thanos with items....that's the key...zadkiel under his own power has usurped heaven. point to me thanos doin something without an artifact....odin and tyrant fight and who won that

help the thread move

I'm not sure what your claiming here guy.. Your claiming that the Riders have never lost and always accomplish their goals? Is that your claim my friend?

guy222
Hey good friend

My point and the Riders fans in the thread is how does Thanos punch out or defeat a Instrument of God

All characters have lost

Zadkiel nearly killed Ketch who had been amped by the Rogue Angel

nicamarvin
The Ghost Rider lost a whole lot of cred with me when Venom ran the bag off of him..... Dude thats not a low showing.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Venom had SuperMan on the ropes..... smokin'

Nihilist
And

U like Thanos also good friend

As the Riders fan with the others, we are asking u how does Thanos punch something that's from God

Its obvious, he does not LMFAO, you do really think the riders are unbeatable and are totally invulnerable.

zadkiel only achived what he did do to his nature.

redhotrash
Duh, this is KMC, Thanos doesnt lose here. Regardless of your argument, logic, or showings, Thanos wins every time. Just ask...

guy222
LMFAO, you do really think the riders are unbeatable and are totally invulnerable.

zadkiel only achived what he did do to his nature.

why u laughing ur ass off? calm down friend

if u read the other posts

all characters lose...don't be so silly

thanos died at that hands of drax

can u tell me when riders have...u know i have read the riders books

zadkiel's nature is to pawn and succeed...the riders are destined to defeat him

guy222
Originally posted by redhotrash
Duh, this is KMC, Thanos doesnt lose here. Regardless of your argument, logic, or showings, Thanos wins every time. Just ask...

that **** won't won't with lt

again, i like both characters...just don't see how thanos wins here

redhotrash
I was being so very sarcastic and taking a cheap shot at some of his more blind fans. (the ones who seem to think Thanos can beat Superman 1 million for example)

Nihilist
why u laughing ur ass off? calm down friend

if u read the other posts

all characters lose...don't be so silly

thanos died at that hands of drax

can u tell me when riders have...u know i have read the riders books

zadkiel's nature is to pawn and succeed...the riders are destined to defeat him facepalm

guy222
ur behaviour has lost me for months on here and ict

wish u well

Nihilist
ur behaviour has lost me for months on here and ict

wish u well As has yours

redhotrash
I have to agree with Nihilist. Your argument sucked. Im not convinced either way as to who'd win this, but you didnt make much of a case.

guy222
u agree

my stance made no sense

and u have no answer

wtf

keep the name calling down

getting to personal, and lt aint having it

sucked? geez

guy222
u guys making more into this then it should

if u can't pick a winner, don't post

and nihilist...like i said good luck

guy222
As has yours

i have shown u love on both sites

can't get any better than that

u dissed quan on ict, and other nonsense

for what

aint cool one bit

Nihilist
i have shown u love on both sites

can't get any better than that

u dissed quan on ict, and other nonsense

for what

aint cool one bit Quans arrogant and egotistical and believes himself to be superior to everybody, what other nonsense are you talking about.

Original Smurph
Kinda funny that nobody has actually presented a legitimate argument as to HOW Ghost Rider loses, only stating that weaker people have beaten him.

It's a whole thread of ABC logic.

Can we have some legitimate points, with proof to back them up?

I'm not saying who wins, just pointing out that nobody's legitimately argued for Thanos...

Stoic
good to see ya smile

help the thread move

What's going on Guy, Venom is a light weight compared to Thanos... his mysticism would or should easily ensure his victory, but when you combine his super strength, cosmically charged form, and telepathy, I just don't see the Rider winning this.

Drax could beat Thanos, but don't even dream of him beating Ares. It wouldn't happen while Thanos would use Ares as a new pair of boots. My point being is just because the Riders were created to be the bane of Zadkiel does not mean that they could even hope to stagger a being capable of surviving an event horizon (black hole).

In my honest opinion I think Ghost Rider would have a hard time with Ikaris of the Eternals... like I said anything that Venom can do Thanos can do far better.

Kazenji
Originally posted by nicamarvin
from TOAA

And that is ??

quanchi112
Quans arrogant and egotistical and believes himself to be superior to everybody, what other nonsense are you talking about. The bottom line is you have changed and have become quite rude. Myself and guy have remained the same. This anti Hulk quest of yours has changed you.

Nihilist
Originally posted by quanchi112
The bottom line is you have changed and have become quite rude. Myself and guy have remained the same. This anti Hulk quest of yours has changed you. Yeah ok, king of the internet.

quanchi112
Yeah ok, king of the internet. See, this is exactly what I mean. If you are referring to my playful usage of king of herochat and making a jab at me that way this just proves how bitter you have become.

My point stands that you changed not guy or myself. I never personally attacked you ever and you were the one to be disrespectful first and are still doing so.

Nihilist
Originally posted by quanchi112
See, this is exactly what I mean. If you are referring to my playful usage of king of herochat and making a jab at me that way this just proves how bitter you have become.

My point stands that you changed not guy or myself. I never personally attacked you ever and you were the one to be disrespectful first and are still doing so. Or maybe i just got fed up of you ruining every thread you enter with the same old routine.

Badabing
Nihilist, I may let you and Quan bantering back and forth go but I draw the line at Guy222. So stop now or I declare Quan>>>you and Guy222>>>>>everyone.

guy222
U are my friend Nihilist

I'll man up and extend the olive branch

U like Thanos cool

Respect my choice Rider wins

LT's last post for this thread

quanchi112
Or maybe i just got fed up of you ruining every thread you enter with the same old routine. You mean responding and not letting them get the last word in. Good point. I have never been like that till recently so I see where you are coming from.

What have you contributed to this thread? You never really gave an actual reason why and yet to criticize guy when he's actually asking for one and debating. Then you get snippy with guy who happens to be the nicest guy on the entire internet I have ever come into contact with.

From what I have heard the Griders have undergone a complete change so I don't know a thing about them so I won't be commenting on who wins a fight on a character I currently have no clue about. You seem to know how they lose so illuminate us with a reason.

That's what this thread is about. I don't want to comment anymore on the matter as I had to step in when I saw you personally attack guy. Then you had to throw another insult my way in the process.

tkitna
Was unaware of the Riders newer stance being instruments of God. I dont follow Ghost Rider very much, but by the sounds of it, he would win.

Hard to vote against Thanos in a thread like this, but its understandable now knowing the circumstances.

guy222
thumb up

tkitna
Hey Guy.

guy222
How are u buddy

I don't like the direction Marvel has taken Sentry

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Kazenji
Thats been changed now

The Riders powers come straight from God himself.

Really?

Sorry if this has already been answered, but who as in "God"? TOAA? Or is there a Christian God in Marvel as well?

rotiart
Apparently a christian god.... Full of Angels and everything....
And As for griders there were many... Not sure on the exact nuner uf it was dozens or more of g riders on earth... And then the g riders were if I remember right being killed by Danny ketch. Or some such. Tbh I read them and tosse them. I hated the direction of the storyline.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by rotiart
Apparently a christian god.... Full of Angels and everything....
And As for griders there were many... Not sure on the exact nuner uf it was dozens or more of g riders on earth... And then the g riders were if I remember right being killed by Danny ketch. Or some such. Tbh I read them and tosse them. I hated the direction of the storyline.

Is this Christian God as powerful as the Biblical Christian God? If so, then isn't He the supreme power of the Omniverse and not TOAA????

tkitna
How are u buddy

I don't like the direction Marvel has taken Sentry

Me neither. Its been a long hard road for Bob. He's just about the equivalent of the Rhino anymore for goodness sakes. Hopefully he'll show up and have a decent showing against Thor when the DA's take him on. Doubt it.

Bendis says he has big plans for him soon, but I dont know whether to be happy or scared. We'll see soon enough I guess. Peace buddy.

guy222
Agreed

Have a blessed one

The Nuul
There is a ignore option for people like Quan.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Nuul
There is a ignore option for people like Quan. He is referring to herochat. Those who want to ignore me should keep my name out of their mouths.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Is this Christian God as powerful as the Biblical Christian God? If so, then isn't He the supreme power of the Omniverse and not TOAA????
As far as I know the "christian" god and angels are just another pantheon like the olympians, asgardians in marvel.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I think things have gone a little too far in this thread for no real reason.

Kazenji
Originally posted by rotiart
Tbh I read them and tosse them. I hated the direction of the storyline.

Well it all make sense

Surely the end of Ketch's run for the Ghost Rider is a hint with Noble Kale......Angel of Death.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by King Kandy
As far as I know the "christian" god and angels are just another pantheon like the olympians, asgardians in marvel.

Which makes absolutely no sense...

And what happened to GR? I mean, people are now comparing him to Thanos...did he really get that powerful?

TheOneFirestorm
Ghost Rider with the demon in control would beat Thanos. Ghost Rider avenges the innocent, Thanos is guilty with mountains of blood the innocent would be avenged.

Raisen
Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm
Ghost Rider with the demon in control would beat Thanos. Ghost Rider avenges the innocent, Thanos is guilty with mountains of blood the innocent would be avenged.

You are GambitRajunCajun on Marvel.com. Tell me the truth. You already know who I am

TheLordofMurder
With the massive amount of evil and wrong doing that Thanos has tainting him through out his life time, Ghost Riders PS should absolutely wreck and completely Thanos and bring him to his knees...

Thanos cant win as a result...

Ghost Rider wins...

The Sorrow
Thanos overcomes Penance Stare and shoves GR's flame skull where the sun don't shine.

Stoic
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Thanos overcomes Penance Stare and shoves GR's flame skull where the sun don't shine.

I agree. Thanos survived the Nexus of Realities. He's likely to reflect that penance stare right back to GR, and make him burn in the hell that he planned for Thanos.

Oliver North
Thanos survived the Nexus of Realities.

When was this?

I assume it is a different Nexus that is not located in Man-Thing's swamp?

Stoic
During his quest for the Gauntlet. It says that he resisted being dichotomized, which was basically him resisting being torn apart mentally and physically. Quite the feat. This guy isn't just tough on the outside, but he's tough mentally as well. The PS isn't going to have the desired effect that many may believe it will on Thanos. Nope not happening.

Omega Vision
Fantastic Four TV Show Ghost Rider would bring him to his knees for sure. That guy was a Deus Ex Machina.

Stoic
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Fantastic Four TV Show Ghost Rider would bring him to his knees for sure. That guy was a Deus Ex Machina.

big grin Wat up Omega.

Omega Vision
big grin Wat up Omega.
Same old same old. Writing and reading mostly.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Oliver North
When was this?

I assume it is a different Nexus that is not located in Man-Thing's swamp?
Thanos Quest #1.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4316/thanossurvivesrealitywa.jpg

I doubt it matters. An interdimensional nexus is an interdimensional nexus. Plus, how many are there in Marvel anyways?

Edit:
As for the thread, Thanos takes this quite easily. I am surprised people would even try and bring up the PS argument.

Mindset
GR 10/10.

Shabazz916
God & the devil does't exist besides earth thanos wins easy.

physically GR isnt much of a threat, but the penance stare should work....

Stoic
Originally posted by 753
physically GR isnt much of a threat, but the penance stare should work....

This is why the Penance Stare wouldn't work on Thanos.

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Thanos Quest #1.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4316/thanossurvivesrealitywa.jpg

I doubt it matters. An interdimensional nexus is an interdimensional nexus. Plus, how many are there in Marvel anyways?

Edit:
As for the thread, Thanos takes this quite easily. I am surprised people would even try and bring up the PS argument.

Thanos is simply made of sterner stuff than most.

right, but that's not really the same. GR wont be dragging thanos across different universes where he can melt and shatter only to go back to normal as he leaves it for the next one.

some feats of resistence against astral, empathic and magical attacks would be better evidence. but penance stare is so specific and haxxed, even general spiritual sturdiness is no guarantee against it.

Stoic
Originally posted by 753
right, but that's not really the same. GR wont be dragging thanos across different universes where he can melt and shatter only to go back to normal as he leaves it for the next one.

some feats of resistence against astral, empathic and magical attacks would be better evidence. but penance stare is so specific and haxxed, even general spiritual sturdiness is no guarantee against it.

You have to understand the nature of the word dichotomy to realize why this would not work on Thanos. This was as much a mental, and spiritual resistance feat as it was physical. it just wouldn't work on Thanos, but Thanos' powers would work on Ghost Rider.

This is what the Penance stare does to a character, it breaks them down.

h1a8
This is why the Penance Stare wouldn't work on Thanos.

Thanos is simply made of sterner stuff than most. lol
That doesn't prove Thanos resisting the Ps.
Ps would wreck Thanos easily.

deathlife
GR

ThereIsHope
I think quan has a thing with one of the mods. He seems to be able to have the power to unlimitedly troll, and get defended. Seems a bit weird.

mighty adam
The ghost rider is the wrath of god. His flames hurt wwh and he would have won if he judged the hulk guilty. GR could use the Ps on thanos or just beat his head in. Thanos has nothing to ko the rider nothing

Originally posted by ThereIsHope
I think quan has a thing with one of the mods. He seems to be able to have the power to unlimitedly troll, and get defended. Seems a bit weird. you're just jealous of his craft

You have to understand the nature of the word dichotomy to realize why this would not work on Thanos. This was as much a mental, and spiritual resistance feat as it was physical. it just wouldn't work on Thanos, but Thanos' powers would work on Ghost Rider.

This is what the Penance stare does to a character, it breaks them down. right, it proves spiritual and mental fortitude, but so what? he doesnt get an autodefense against spiritual attacks

Branlor Swift
Didn't Venom tank the ps, Blackheart too?

One blast from Thanos would scatter GR too, and it happens much quicker than any ps

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Didn't Venom tank the ps, Blackheart too?

One blast from Thanos would scatter GR too, and it happens much quicker than any ps
Iirc it was Carnage. Plus, it was because of he had a case of the crazies, along with something to with the symbiote interfering and causing a feedback. Same with Deadpool(he didn't have a symbiote though).

Blackheart did because he had no soul.

Thanos could prolly tank it the same way Carnage(or Venom or whoever the phuck it was) and Deadpool did. Or he could just straight up shrug it off or tank it based on Stoic's premise.

yeah BH is souless

IIRC when it was used on DP it short-circuited and exploded or something, but DP was still temporarily incapacitated. whether deadpool team-up is canon is an open question

penance stare did work on doctor strange whose mystical defenses and spiritual and mental fortitude are top notch.

I thought it was venom that blocked it too

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by 753
yeah BH is souless

IIRC when it was used on DP it short-circuited and exploded or something, but DP was still temporarily incapacitated. whether deadpool team-up is canon is an open question

penance stare did work on doctor strange whose mystical defenses and spiritual and mental fortitude are top notch.

I thought it was venom that blocked it too strange is the biggest glass canon in Marvel

Stoic
Two words. Force Cube. Here's a couple others Cosmic Punch. Honestly though, If Thanos went through the Nexus of Realities like it was a walk in the park during spring, Ghost Riders Penance Stare is not going to put him into any sort of trouble. I could actually see Thanos turning it around on him, and making him his Herald like he did with the Fallen One. GR aint winning this. Hey anyone still playing DCU Online? I like it.

Mindset
Two words: Thanos loses.

Stoic
Originally posted by Mindset
Two words: Thanos loses.

I know you're not serious. The gap in power between these two might as well be worlds apart. GR wouldn't even be able to get within range before he is either blasted to dust, or cubed up.

Mindset
GR throws his chains around Thanos and drags his ass cross country.

Then he takes his foot, turns it sideways, and shoves that sumbitch up Thanos's poopshoot.

guy222
GR

TheOneFirestorm
Originally posted by Raisen
You are GambitRajunCajun on Marvel.com. Tell me the truth. You already know who I am

A poster on the Marvel Messageboards but which one I don't know.

guy222
Yup

TheOneFirestorm
Ghost Rider uses multiple hellfire explosions on Thanos, shoots a circle of hellfire wraps a chain around Thanos then slamming him from one side to another of the hellfire circle, spins the chain at high speeds hitting Thanos, wraps a chain around his neck while shooting hellfire up his nose.

Raisen
Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm
A poster on the Marvel Messageboards but which one I don't know.

I know exactly who you are lol. i was right

TheHulk
Originally posted by Mindset
Then he takes his foot, turns it sideways, and shoves that sumbitch up Thanos's poopshoot. You dare steal a catchphrase from The Great One? mad

TheHulk
/bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.