Spider-Man vs. Alice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Peter Parker hears about Raccoon City getting nuked because of a viral outbreak and also hears that an unknown terrorist is in New York with the same virus. As Spider-Man, he fast travels everywhere in New York to find out who. Meanwhile, Alice walks around and finds a strange hooded man. She jumps him and knocks him out. She grabs a jar filled with T-Virus out of his pocket and walks away. Spider-Man sees this and lands right next to her. "Sorry toots but I think you should hand that over so it can be taken the right people." "Sorry but I don't trust you with this. Outta my way." "Y'know I have rule about not hitting girls but if you're gonna make this difficult, I have no choice but to use f--" Alice cuts him off by giving him a roundhouse kick. Spider-Man lands on his back on a car. "Okay, now you asked for it lady."

Will the wall crawler succeed or will Alice kick his ass?

Alice has two SMG's, a Desert Eagle, and shotgun.

Rogue Jedi
Does Alice have guns?

Nemesis X
yes

Rogue Jedi
Then she makes swiss spider cheese.

Scythe
Not ike guns would help at all, since you know, spider-sense...

Rogue Jedi
Alice is no ordinary human, she has uber reflexes and shit.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Alice is no ordinary human, she has uber reflexes and shit.

And clearly, Spider-man doesn't have any of these.

BruceSkywalker
tough match but i think "spider sense" trumps alice

Rogue Jedi
Never said he didn't.

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
tough match but i think "spider sense" trumps alice

That and webbing.

Quincy
Spider-Man wrecks

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
That and webbing. Webbing is Spideys best bet. But you gotta remember Alice has machine pistols and shit, and that she is pretty agile herself.

Quincy
Yeah you are right. They are a huge factor. Spider Man has never had to fight people wielding guns. It's a toss-up for sure!

Rogue Jedi
Wait, so Alice roundhouses him, he lands on his back and says "Okay, now you asked for it lady."......More than enough time for her to draw her machine pistols and unload on him.

Scythe
Doesn't matter one bit, because along with reflexes, webbing, agility, strength far greater than anything Alice has shown, Spidey has almost precog spider-sense. Alice is mulch.

Rogue Jedi
You saying that in the time it takes to kick him, him flying through the air, landing on the car and saying that shit, she won't have the time to draw and cut him to pieces?

If it's a face off, like him coming at her full speed, yeah, advantage Spidey, but in the OP scenario, he's a goner.

Scythe
You saying that in the time it takes to kick him, him flying through the air, landing on the car and saying that shit, she won't have the time to draw and cut him to pieces?

If it's a face off, like him coming at her full speed, yeah, advantage Spidey, but in the OP scenario, he's a goner.

Well by that defenition, then Alice can destroy anyone, right? The opening post isn't the best, however it wasn't stated that she unloads on him the minute he finishes his sentence, who's to say he isn't getting up right when he's saying it? Works either way, so there's no way in hell she guns him down, since he blurts out the whole sentence. It would be stupid to say think he said all that while still just lying on his back. Sounds like wishful thinking on your end.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Scythe
Well by that defenition, then Alice can destroy anyone, right? The opening post isn't the best, however it wasn't stated that she unloads on him the minute he finishes his sentence, who's to say he isn't getting up right when he's saying it? Works either way, so there's no way in hell she guns him down, since he blurts out the whole sentence. It would be stupid to say think he said all that while still just lying on his back. Sounds like wishful thinking on your end. No, just saying that if she kicked him, which Spidey would easily dodge, then she'd have ample time to draw and fire.

Her best option in a realistic scenario is to flip away and shoot on the fly, hoping to hit him.

Scythe
That all depends. You can think that, sure, no problem. However, I see it in Spidey's best interest to get up while he's replying to Alice, in which case, he'd be ready...

Nemesis X
Wait, so Alice roundhouses him, he lands on his back and says "Okay, now you asked for it lady."......More than enough time for her to draw her machine pistols and unload on him.

I was just trying to find a reason why they should fight eachother. Don't take the roundhouse kicking thing serious here.

Rogue Jedi
Hey, you made the OP, I was just going with what you said. IF it went down that way Spidey is toast. IF.

Scythe
Well too bad, now we know it isn't like that, we have us one dead zombie-killer.

Rogue Jedi
Odds are definitely in Spidey's favor, IF he fights sensibly.

Quincy
He fights sensibly.

He wins the fight.

Rogue Jedi
Sure, he never makes mistakes, does he? He's infallible, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Quincy
Let me get this straight you arrogant arrogant man.

You are saying that Spider-Man will lose this fight because he will make a mistake? Because he what - doesn't pay attention?

God damn it RJ.

I can say the following:

John McClane would lose to Queen Amidala, because when the fight starts, McClane trips and then he dies. And then Amidala wins because McClane is dead.

But no. I must be stupid and arrogant right? So roll your eyes at me because you are so foolish it actually frustrates other people.

siriuswriter
regarding spidey's spider senses....

if alice has a gun that's semi-automatic, then spidey's sense won't be enough. he'll sense that he's going to be shot, multiple times.

this is me supposing that spidey's first move is gonna be a dodge, not a web, just from movie canon where he generally saves the web power for getting around quickly and only when the battle has been longish and hard...

so spidey does defensive dodge, and alice's first couple of bullets miss. but there is a continual barrage of bullets, and nobody, not even spidey, is that fast, to dodge a belt of bullets.

alice beats spidey, but spidey's gain is that he stays alive for a second or two longer than he would have if alice starts attacking while spidey's still giving his "well, little lady..." bit.

spidey down, i say.

Placidity
Originally posted by siriuswriter

so spidey does defensive dodge, and alice's first couple of bullets miss. but there is a continual barrage of bullets, and nobody, not even spidey, is that fast, to dodge a belt of bullets.

Spider-man doesn't need to stand there and try and dodge bullets like a Matrix Agent, he can take evasive action with his agility and speed, while webbing or closing the distance for some close-up punishment.

Scythe
He also displayed that he knows how to use web bullets.

Rogue Jedi
You tards are forgetting that scene at the end of RE2, where Alice used her TK to kill a man through a damn camera.

Alice's TK pwns Spidey, hard and fast. NOT the one she used at the end of RE3, the one that drained her, no, the one where she stood there, looked at the camera, cocked her head to the side, and killed the security guard watching her. She walked away as if it were nothing.

No guns needed here for Alice, she wins this without lifting a finger.

Rogue Jedi
Here, at 4:13 to 4:25, Spidey will have no defense against this.

8m3-mDiyqs4&feature=related

She will TK his head, he will die, crying like a little Emo *****.

End of discussion.

Robtard
Lol, no.

It took 4 seconds of her concentrating before his nose started to bleed; another 4 before he got some head pain. Spider-man will be all over her shit in 2 seconds. She'll have to drop the TK and defend or get her skull cracked.

So using your little attack routine, Alice ends up on the floor dead or dieing and Spider-man has a nosebleed, maybe.

Scythe
I was waiting for that, hahahahaha! Well It's up to the OP then, again.

Scythe
Lol, no.

It took 4 seconds of her concentrating before his nose started to bleed; anohter 4 before he got some head pain. Spider-man will be all over her shit in 2 seconds. She'll have to drop the TK and defend or get her skull cracked.

So using your little attack routine, Alice ends up on the floor dead or dieing and Spider-man has a nosebleed, maybe.

Or this. Didn't see this post.

Rogue Jedi
Bullshit, it took maybe a half second for the nose bleed to start. She looks at the camera at 4:13, the guys nose is bleeding at 4:14. 4 seconds later, at 4:18, his head is being caved in.

Watch the vid again, keep an eye on the timer.

And she has her guns, man. So she fires on Spidey, and as he jumps to and fro, she has all the time she needs to employ this attack.

She won't need it though, took less than a second for her to execute it.

Try again?

dadudemon
So, what are Alice's powers?

This could go to Spiderman if I don't know the whole list of Alice's powers.

Nemesis, could you make a list of allowable powers?

Surely, you're not going to allow Alice the head bleed kill power...that's just lame. Who'd survive against that? The Thing...cause his brain is stonish? Maybe Manhattan and Dr. Doom (assuming his brain is metally)? (basically, anyone with a really hard brain...me thinks.)

Edit - And let's make this clear: Spiderman is a bullet dodger IF the distance is far enough. At that close of a range, Spiderman is swiss-cheese. Not even comic book Spiderman would stand up to 2 fully automatics at that close of a range.

Maybe we could get a better OP?

Rogue Jedi
And here, at 2:17, she TK.s dude's tentacles, then sends him flying backwards like a rag doll, through the wall. Yes, she was driven to her knees by the effort, but she was only down for a few seconds, it'll take Spidey more time than that to recover. At that point she can draw her guns and cut him down, or just repeat the TK attack.

NTQDgQW8s5E

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
So, what are Alice's powers?

This could go to Spiderman if I don't know the whole list of Alice's powers.

Nemesis, could you make a list of allowable powers?

Surely, you're not going to allow Alice the head bleed kill power...that's just lame. Who'd survive against that? The Thing...cause his brain is stonish? Maybe Manhattan and Dr. Doom (assuming his brain is metally)? (basically, anyone with a really hard brain...me thinks.)

Edit - And let's make this clear: Spiderman is a bullet dodger IF the distance is far enough. At that close of a range, Spiderman is swiss-cheese. Not even comic book Spiderman would stand up to 2 fully automatics at that close of a range.

Maybe we could get a better OP? The "head bleed kill power lulz" is one of her main powers, it's telekinesis, dude. If it is to be taken away, then we might as well take away Spidey's agility.

Rogue Jedi
As for her powers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_(Resident_Evil)

Characteristics

In Resident Evil Alice is shown as an "ass-kicking amnesiac" and since then she has been an "iconic figure and is closely associated with the series," becoming far more skilled and rugged since her first appearance. She is primarily portrayed in Apocalypse and Extinction as "a supremely efficient killing machine" and bio-weapon, while in the first film, she is shown first recognizing her abilities as a highly trained yet human security operative. Alice's superhuman abilities, as well as the use of various styles of martial arts and gun play have made her an almost super hero style of character and has one "cheering for her instead of wondering how the hell she managed to suddenly become Spider-Man." For example, in Apocalypse, after her exposure to the T-virus, she displayed psychic powers (akin to those of Alexia Ashford, in the video game Resident Evil Code: Veronica) and was able to use those powers to kill a security guard with a glance (through a monitor). She also had the ability to jump long distances, as seen in her initial confrontation with Nemesis. In Extinction, her powers had developed further, for example, she displays even greater control over her telekinesis (however she still experiences blackouts and massive headaches if she pushes her powers too far). Apparently, she also has great regenerative abilities as she is able to suck energy from the surrounding air and regenerate her fatal wounds at the end of Apocalypse.

Robtard
Bullshit, it took maybe a half second for the nose bleed to start. She looks at the camera at 4:13, the guys nose is bleeding at 4:14. 4 seconds later, at 4:18, his head is being caved in.

Watch the vid again, keep an eye on the timer.

And she has her guns, man. So she fires on Spidey, and as he jumps to and fro, she has all the time she needs to employ this attack.

She won't need it though, took less than a second for her to execute it.

Try again?

You're right, it started to trickle after about 2 seconds; it took a 5-6 before he started to scream, ergo, my point stands, she tries that, Spider-man ends up with a nose-bleed and she ends up getting a punched/kicked/webbed and ****ed up.

Here's a still showing that even at 4:17-18, dude only has a nosebleed and the mind-kill has yet to take effect.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/157/16013047.jpg

Placidity

Not even comic book Spiderman would stand up to 2 fully automatics at that close of a range.

Not really true.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6386/1534uv.jpg
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/2596/17711fl.jpg
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6634101

Rogue Jedi
You're right, it started to trickle after about 2 seconds; it took a 5-6 before he started to scream, ergo, my point stands, she tries that, Spider-man ends up with a nose-bleed and she ends up getting a punched/kicked and dead or dieing.

Before you say bullshit again. Here's a still showing that even at 4:17-18, dude only has a nosebleed and the mind-kill has yet to take effect.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/157/16013047.jpg Rob, it took a second for the nosebleed, and maybe 4 for him to scream in pain as she caved his head in, stop making shit up. AND, she did this through a damn video camera, no doubt it will take far less time and will be far more powerful close up, as it will be with Spidey.

OK, let's say Spidey comes at her right away, she draws her guns and blasts away, and Spidey dodges (as if), well, she has more than enough time to TK his ass, he'll be jumping around all nimbly bimbly and then BAM, dead. BLAM BLAM BLAM, guns firing AND she is TKing him at the same time. Yes, she can do both at once, all she needs do do is glance at him to TK him. No matter how you cut it, she is too much for Spidey.

Robtard
She starts at 4:13 and by 4:18 he's screaming, so, what I already said.

"You're right, it started to trickle after about 2 seconds; it took a 5-6 before he started to scream" -Robtard

13+5-6 = 18-19, I maybe went over a second. 5 seconds at close range is more than enough time for Spider-man to get on her shit and force her to defend/drop the TK or get her shit pushed in. I know you're an Alice/RE fan and you dislike Spider-man, but the video is the video. Just accept your little fabricated scenario here nets her a cracked skull.

Spider-man is faster and more agile. Close range, she can't compete. SS is like precog.

Rogue Jedi
She starts at 4:13 and by 4:18 he's screaming, so, what I already said.

"You're right, it started to trickle after about 2 seconds; it took a 5-6 before he started to scream" -Robtard

13+5-6 = 18-19, I maybe went over a second. 5 seconds at close range is more than enough time for Spider-man to get on her shit and force her to defend/drop the TK or get her shit pushed in. I know you're an Alice/RE fan and you dislike Spider-man, but the video is the video. Just accept your little fabricated scenario here nets her a cracked skull.

Spider-man is faster and more agile. Close range, she can't compete. SS is like precog. Dude, he comes at her, she is gonna TK him away, it's essentially superior to force push. She TK's him away, easily BTW, then draws her guns and blasts him.

She aint gonna black out TKing him away, he weighs maybe 150 soaking wet.

Also, how did Alice know the guard was there? Go ahead, I'll wait, this should be good.

Robtard
Dude, he comes at her, she is gonna TK him away, it's essentially superior to force push. She TK's him away, easily BTW, then draws her guns and blasts him.

She aint gonna black out TKing him away, he weighs maybe 150 soaking wet.

Also, how did Alice know the guard was there? Go ahead, I'll wait, this should be good.

Doubt she's that fast, as he's faster. Even then, Spider-man has shown in all three movies how he can web/web-attack while being airborne. He gets web on her, just a matter of yanking to send her flying.

Some sort of extra-sensory perception(probably has something to do with her telepathy); it's not precog, you silly bastard.

Rogue Jedi
Doubt she's that fast, as he's faster. Even then, Spider-man has shown in all three movies how he can web/web-attack while being airborne. He gets web on her, just a matter of yanking to send her flying.

Some sort of extra-sensory perception(probably has something to do with her telepathy); it's not precog, you silly bastard.

If Spider comes at her, she uses her T.K. push him away, then shoots him or T.K.'s his head.

If Spidey tries to web her, she T.K.'s the webbing away, then shoots him or T.K.'s his head.

In Extinction, when Tyrant shoots his tentacles at her, she creates a T.K. wall, blocking them from getting to her. This took more effort than it will take to T.K. away the webbing, so webbing her is not an option here.

I dunno why this is even being discussed, she is far too powerful for him, he and his webbing will never get near her. Tell me, how does Spidey get around her T.K. powers?

Survey says......He doesn't.

Robtard
So now she's going to use TK to both push him away and block anything coming her way. This on top of you trying to work in that she somehow has Xavier-like telepathy and precog too. Why not just give her a lightsabre, sniper rifle and Sideswipe's blades, dude.

Spider-man's faster, stronger, more agile, more durable, has better reaction-time, Spider-sense and webbing. So no, just no.

Rogue Jedi
Just no, just cuz, right?

He can't get past her T.K. powers, plain and simple, don't get butthurt about it. AND she has her guns to fall back on too.

No matter how you cut it, Alice wins this 10/10.

So again I ask, how will Spidey get past her T.K. powers?

Robtard
I posted 7 reasons, in clear and easy print.

Already covered, he can react a lot faster and she can't just do everything and anything with the TK as you want to really, really, really believe. She tries to push him, she gets the web.

Rogue Jedi
T.K. barrier, dude, it aint getting through. Nothing he attacks with is getting through. And the 7 reasons are null and void if he cannot get to her.

And again, she opens up with her guns, he jumps around dodging (as if), and at the same time she attacks with the T.K.

Easy cheesy, dead Spider.

Robtard
LoL, like I said, why not just give her a lightsabre.

Come back when you have a valid argument.

Rogue Jedi
haermm What's not valid about it? Her T.K. is too much for him, whatever he tries she will block it.

Face it, there are few that can beat her (Jean Grey, Dark Phoenix, Xavier), and Spidey aint one of them.

Third time now, how does Spidey get past her T.K powers? Second time now, he 7 reasons you listed are nullified if he cannot get past her T.K. powers.

Robtard
All you're doing (again) is scripting fights to show the outcome of your personal favorite. It's lame.

Look, I can do this same B.S. too: Alice goes for her guns, Spider-man uses his early warning system and far better reaction-time and agility to web/pull and punches her in the face. /the end

Rogue Jedi
Scripting? How? I am stating fact, that her telekinetic powers are far too much for him. I ask you umpteen times how he gets past her telekinetic powers, and all you can say is that he is faster and stronger, shit like that, answers that mean nothing if he cannot GET TO HER.

Here's a few ways I see Spidey attacking:

1. He comes at her, fast and hard. What does she do? She puts up a T.K. barrier, preventing him from getting to her.....PWNED.

2. He tries to web her. What does she do? Again, she puts up a T.K. barrier and blocks the webbing.....PWNED.

3. He goes evasive as she opens up with the guns. What does she do? She T.K.'s his head.....PWNED.

It's not scripting, dude, it's acknowledging that whatever he comes with, it won't be enough. All the things I have said she can do, she did onscreen, fact.

Rogue Jedi

Look, I can do this same B.S. too: Alice goes for her guns, Spider-man uses his early warning system and far better reaction-time and agility to web/pull and punches her in the face. /the end OK, I'll play. Alice puts up a T.K wall, SPider man can't get through, she brain rapes him.

Pwned.

Placidity

Personally I think that feat is complete shit. Call it bad writing or whatever you want. That was a high level telekinetic/telepathic feat even Dark Phoenix probably couldn't do (Yes I think Vader's similar feat was also bullshit). It was a level of power that she never had, and never displayed again.

Funny that you bring this question up. Somehow she knew about the guard and exactly where he was, but when she exits the building you can tell she had no clue that there would be a group of armed men waiting.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
Personally I think that feat is complete shit. Call it bad writing or whatever you want. That was a high level telekinetic/telepathic feat even Dark Phoenix probably couldn't do (Yes I think Vader's similar feat was also bullshit). It was a level of power that she never had, and never displayed again.

Funny that you bring this question up. Somehow she knew about the guard and exactly where he was, but when she exits the building you can tell she had no clue that there would be a group of armed men waiting. Hey, a feat is a feat, regardless of the bullshit level. She displayed the level of power, therefore she has it. People get choked from halfway across he galaxy, bullets are bent in midair, Zohan defies gravity, shit happens.

Placidity
Hey, a feat is a feat, regardless of the bullshit level. She displayed the level of power, therefore she has it. People get choked from halfway across he galaxy, bullets are bent in midair, Zohan defies gravity, shit happens.

Well, Zohan was a comedy, and swerving bullets was what the movie was about, theres a difference. Its a bullshit feat when the character pulls some crap out of their ass that is way beyond them - they've never done it before, they never do it again, and theres no explanation offered.

What happens when bullshit feats are accepted is people argue crap like the Predator being able to run faster than a speeding train. And I'm sure even you wouldn't use Vader's bullshit feat in a Vs topic (or would you?).

Rogue Jedi
Well, Zohan was a comedy, and swerving bullets was what the movie was about, theres a difference. Its a bullshit feat when the character pulls some crap out of their ass that is way beyond them - they've never done it before, they never do it again, and theres no explanation offered.

What happens when bullshit feats are accepted is people argue crap like the Predator being able to run faster than a speeding train. And I'm sure even you wouldn't use Vader's bullshit feat in a Vs topic (or would you?). If a character displays a certain power onscreen, even if it is out there and shown only once, then yes, I will use it.

Placidity
If a character displays a certain power onscreen, even if it is out there and shown only once, then yes, I will use it.

Ok then. I can't really argue you on this because there is no rule against bullshit feats, but its more of a loophole than justification. But I will quote you and hold this against you next time the situation fits me!!!

BTW, shouldn't you be voting for Neo in the other topic? He should be able to go bullet time with ease.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, because he got hit. Remember? "Not fast enough." He would been killed if Trinity hadn't pwned the Agent with "Dodge this."

Nephthys
Alice, if shes peak after she just wakes up. Considering she blew some guys head up when she was barely concentrating, imagine what she could do if shes in a life or death fight giving it her all.

Placidity
Nah, because he got hit. Remember? "Not fast enough." He would been killed if Trinity hadn't pwned the Agent with "Dodge this."

Just because he got hit in that instance, doesn't mean he will get hit every time. It was also his first time dodging bullets. He can move just as fast as the Agents, he has the capability to dodge it just the same as them.

And the Agent doesn't say "not fast enough" ... confused

"Only human"

dadudemon
Not really true.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6386/1534uv.jpg
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/2596/17711fl.jpg
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6634101

I had Punisher using an automatic in mind, not henchmen with pistols. But, yeah, you're right. I don't remember that comic...prolly cause it's really old.

Also, RJ never said that the agents said "not fast enough." To be exact, he had told me earlier (he passed the idea by me first before posting it) that Neo said that after he did his bullet dodge fest.

More on topic, the more people talk about it, Alice is looking like the winner.

Placidity

Also, RJ never said that the agents said "not fast enough." Neo said that after he did his bullet dodge fest.

Ah, I see.

To be exact, he had told me earlier (he passed the idea by me first before posting it)

Oh my. You guys take this shit a bit too seriously don't you? laughing

steverules_2
I think the main reason Alice wins this is cuz of her TK erm without it spidey would kick her ass

Rogue Jedi
Well, yeah. It's like Spidey's agility and strength and spidey sense. without them, he's like you and me.

Rogue Jedi
Ah, I see.

Oh my. You guys take this shit a bit too seriously don't you? laughing We're both slackers and work the night shift haermm

Placidity
Well, yeah. It's like Spidey's agility and strength and spidey sense. without them, he's like you and me.

Hmmm, theres still durability, wall-crawling and webbing.

He's also a heck of a lot smarter and thats not part of his powers.

steverules_2

Well without her TK Alice is still pretty good, the TK came in film 3 I believe...but yeah before she had her TK she wasn't exactly normal, she was superior in a few ways to us

Rogue Jedi
Hmmm, theres still durability, wall-crawling and webbing.

He's also a heck of a lot smarter and thats not part of his powers. Then he'll be the smartest dead man in Raccoon City.

Rogue Jedi
Just because he got hit in that instance, doesn't mean he will get hit every time. It was also his first time dodging bullets. He can move just as fast as the Agents, he has the capability to dodge it just the same as them.

And the Agent doesn't say "not fast enough" ... confused

"Only human"

Trinity "I've never seen anyone move that fast."

Neo "Not fast enough."

Nemesis X
how did Alice know the guard was there? Go ahead, I'll wait, this should be good.

Are you serious? Anyplace that has security cameras are always watched by a security guard. Everyone knows that.

Rogue Jedi
crylaugh

dadudemon
Oh my. You guys take this shit a bit too seriously don't you? laughing

You have no idea.

We argue on the phone, in IM, on here, in PM.

We are REALLY pathetic nerds. Seriously.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.