Episode 28 - Weapons Factory

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ordo
One thing I always loved about the RC game was that it really portrayed Geonosis (and the Clone Wars in general) as CREEPY. I'm excited that this episode seems to be taking that to heart.

Hybris
The concept seems a bit idiotic though... Having two Jedi Masters create a diversion so their padawans can destroy an important droid factory... I mean come on...

Wasn't Bariss Offee already a Jedi knight at the time of Skywalker's knighthood in the Genndy series?

Peach
Barriss became a Knight during that series, as I recall, but I can't remember at what point in it and if Anakin was already a Knight at that point. This series isn't necessarily going to consider that one canon, though.

However, I don't care. They're finally putting her in an episode! I've been waiting for them to do that for ages big grin

Ordo
Luminara clearly states shes still a padawan at this point.

I really love that Barriss and to some extent Luminara really have some traditional muslim overtones...with the head coverings and battle dresses. Its nice to see female jedi that aren't pleather wearing sluts or tweens bearing their midriffs.

Barriss is kind of a know it all though..like her master...lol

REXXXX
Yeah, I like Luminara and Barriss.

I figure that having the Masters make the distraction... well, they're more powerful and more skilled, maybe more likely to withstand pulling all the bad guys toward 'em? Makes it easier for Padawans (who are pretty talented anyway).

snoopdogg
I got the impression from Luminara that Barriss was was almost complete with her Padawan training by the things she was saying. She had alot more faith in her padawan than Anakin did.

Dark Exile
Wait a seocnd. Is this before Illum?

Hybris
As Luminara still calls Bariss her Padawan, I would assume it is. But then again, Skywalker was only made a knight quite some time after the events on Illum... Bit of a shame to destroy the continuity here in my opinion.

Nevertheless, good episode, it showes exactly the kind of behaviour that brought Skywalker to the dark side.

Ordo
Originally posted by Dark Exile
Wait a seocnd. Is this before Illum?

Yes. Just remember that even within the series, these episodes are not in order (re: The Hidden Enemy)

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Ordo
Yes. Just remember that even within the series, these episodes are not in order (re: The Hidden Enemy) That's what I figured also. The micro series was spread out over a period of 2 or 3 years.

Hybris
Well even if you consider it that way, Skywalker still became a knight after Bariss became a knight stick out tongue

Ordo
not if the episodes were out of order...

Its dumb, but I'm just saying...

REXXXX
I think Anakin actually became a Jedi Knight before Barriss did. She wasn't becoming a Knight in the old Clone Wars cartoon.

Hybris
Bariss: "You have taught me well, Master Luminara."

Luminara: "Remember always: the crystal is the heart of the blade. Bariss Offee, your training is complete."

REXXXX
According to Wookieepedia, she became Knight much later in the war than that, after the Battle of Drongar...

Ordo
I took the Gendy series as her becomming a knight...she builds her own lightsaber.

Peach
So, basically.

We don't know where the timelines from the two cartoons actually are in relation to each other.

We don't know if this series is even following anything from the other series at all.

We don't know exactly when Barriss became a Knight or not.

This is Star Wars. Why is anyone surprised that various continuities don't line up? Lucas himself fails at keeping things straight.

Originally posted by Ordo
I took the Gendy series as her becomming a knight...she builds her own lightsaber.

That doesn't really mean anything. On Wookieepedia it said she built her first one when she was 16, which would have been years previous to this (since, according to The Approaching Storm, she's supposed to be around Anakin's age).

REXXXX
Yeah, pretty sure that building a lightsaber is done earlier in Jedi training. It was a bigger deal for Luke because he had nobody to show him (hence Vader's comment in ROTJ) but in this time period, seems to be the norm.

Tsal Can
Pfft, Wookiepedia. wink

Tsal Can
What a creepy episode.

Tsal Can
My bad, posted in wrong thread, thought this was #29.

Ms.Marvel
something thats kind of irked me lately is the lack of actual battlefield tactics they use. though i understand that obviously the focus isnt on authentic military strategy would it have killed them to avoid using the civil war style slowly walk up to each other firefights they use at 1:15 here? right before the scene ends you see a clone and a droid standing almost right in front of each other.

what happened to using cover? and firing from a prone crouched position will always give you a better shot than walking upright.

over analyzation on my part i know but im a stickler for proper military conduct >.>

Ordo
Well, I wish they would, but in ALL star wars they just march up and shoot...especially in the PT.

REXXXX
Oh yes, strategy and tactics are not something that appear all too often in Star Wars...

MasterAshenVor
This Episode reminded me of Star Wars: Republic Commando where you gotta destroy the droid factory and board the capitol ship.

I LOVE this set of episodes right now. THIS is how the clone wars was SUPPOSED to be portrayed

Ordo

Ordo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.