Marvel Earth (current) vs Green Lantern Corps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
No prep.
Scenario 1: The 100 best GLs and Ion (Yat)
Scenario 2: 1000 GLs and Ion
Scenario 3: Full Corps minus Guardians.
Scenario 4: Full Corps with Guardians.
Scenario 5: Same as 4 but Marvel Earth recieves the backing of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard.
How does Marvel Earth fare?

DarthDaniel1001
Living Tribunal solos the corps.
Others who could also solo:
Eternity
Infinity
At least 3 or 4 Celestials

nicamarvin
he said marvel earth.....FP Asgardian Destroyer

ColossusGrundy
I thought this said Marvel EARTH.

Marvel EARTH is owned on all except 1.

Not all GL's are Hal Jordan caliber.

DarthDaniel1001
Originally posted by nicamarvin
he said marvel earth.....FP Asgardian Destroyer

Sans Cosmic entities...Yeah, I don't see Marvel getting past 2 and certainly not 3.

Omega Vision
I'm certain with amazing organization and team work (say if Captain America were to return to life just in time to lead the forces of Marvel Earth and give a rousing speech) Marvel Earth could win Scenario 1 handily. As the above poster stated not all GL's are at Hal's level but at the same time there's not a single active hero or villain in Marvel Earth that could beat Ion one on one in a straight up prep-less confrontation. So Ion goes down last after taking a lot of Marvel's finest with him.
Scenario 2: Is a win for the Corps but a bloody one, most likely the entire planet would be destroyed in the crossfire.
Scenario 3: I can't see Marvel Earth winning unless there's an incredibly powerful hero or villain I've forgotten (current).
Scenario 4: GLC stomp
Scenario 5: Still a stomp but slightly less so.

Colossus-Big C
Pheonix
Elder Gods
Elder Demons
Scarlet Witch
Juggernaut.
Mephisto
Odin
marvel earth is very powerful

DarthDaniel1001
You also forgot:
Thor
Sentry
Extremesis Iron Man
A-Bomb
Red Hulk
The Thing
Storm
The Hulk
Namor
Ms. Marvel
Magneto

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Pheonix
Elder Gods
Elder Demons
Scarlet Witch
Juggernaut.
Mephisto
Odin
marvel earth is very powerful
How many of those beings reside on Earth? This isn't the Marvel Universe at large. And Odin is dead.
This is the current Marvel Earth with all its active, living heroes and villains. No dead guys, no older versions of current characters, and no extradimensional or extraterrestial beings unless they spend the majority of their time on Earth.

DarthDaniel1001
Of the guys he mentioned, only Juggernaut, Scarlet Witch, and Phoenix who hardly make a difference unless Scarlet Witch decides "No more Green Lanterns"

Omega Vision
Originally posted by DarthDaniel1001
Of the guys he mentioned, only Juggernaut, Scarlet Witch, and Phoenix who hardly make a difference unless Scarlet Witch decides "No more Green Lanterns"
In which case 99% of the GL's are depowered except for the 1% that actually matter stick out tongue like Hal and Killowog. So in effect nothing happened since those guys were mostly canon fodder anyhow. wink

DarthDaniel1001
Well, actually, then it's like what, 4-7 GLs against The Fantastic Four, X-Men, Avengers, The Dark Avengers, and every guy in-between? The GLs die but not without a fight.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Omega Vision
How many of those beings reside on Earth? This isn't the Marvel Universe at large. And Odin is dead.
This is the current Marvel Earth with all its active, living heroes and villains. No dead guys, no older versions of current characters, and no extradimensional or extraterrestial beings unless they spend the majority of their time on Earth. all the people i named are earth born

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
all the people i named are earth born How about a crazed blood lusting MoleculeMan?.... confused

Batman-Prime

Pretty well.
Let's be honest here. There are maybe 6-10 top GL, the rest are more like Stormtroppers or Cannonfodder (at lest DC potrays them so) erm .
Even the Guardians are underpowered these days it seems.

I think Marvel Earth (not the one from WWH, mind you wink) survives every scenario.

Colossus-Big C
does Gaea Count?

Survivor19
That's pretty much it. Nobody (to my knowledge) int the Corps has anything on him.

Aztec123
It would be nice to know, who is based on Marvel Earth. And by that I mean Herald level superheroes. smile Does Marvel Earth also include villains, gods etc? If not, then, I think the lanterns can take all of the scenarios. However, the first one is the most difficult.

Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, John Stewart, Kilowog, Mogo, Arisia, Sodam Yat, Guy Gardner, Zalaak, imo are the top lanterns. I might be missing a couple. But they are the one's who've i've seen done pretty impressive things/make frequent apperances. The Earth lanterns are at the top of course.

I forgot to mentioned, can the lanterns blow up the planet?

Slaanesh
Sentry gonna get stomp by Yat..

Slaanesh
pfft..in your dream..

Mshinu
Squirrel Girl on her period solos

-Pr-
You also forgot:
Thor
Sentry
Extremesis Iron Man
A-Bomb
Red Hulk
The Thing
Storm
The Hulk
Namor
Ms. Marvel
Magneto

Iron Man, Storm and Thing aren't going to be that much use to the team. Hulk and Rulk would get murdered by any one of the twenty best lanterns.

DarthDaniel1001
You do realize that Red Hulk has beaten the Silver Surfer right? And Hulk's soloed the X-Men and held his ground against Sentry. I agree though Storm and The Thing will be pretty useless here. Maybe Storm could kill a couple lesser lanterns though...

Lord Feron
You do realize that Red Hulk has beaten the Silver Surfer right? And Hulk's soloed the X-Men and held his ground against Sentry. I agree though Storm and The Thing will be pretty useless here. Maybe Storm could kill a couple lesser lanterns though...

C'mon you really going to use the SS incident?

Zeuodin
No prep.
Scenario 1: The 100 best GLs and Ion (Yat)
Scenario 2: 1000 GLs and Ion
Scenario 3: Full Corps minus Guardians.
Scenario 4: Full Corps with Guardians.
Scenario 5: Same as 4 but Marvel Earth recieves the backing of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard.
Honestly with the Guardians It makes it kind of unfair.

DarthDaniel1001
Originally posted by Lord Feron
C'mon you really going to use the SS incident?

He's also beaten Thor and Regular Hulk. And he murdered Abomination

Lord Feron
He's also beaten Thor and Regular Hulk. And he murdered Abomination

well i know that but just saying the SS incident was kinda bullshit.

As for the thread. Not sure..

Parmaniac
Molecule Man is on CURRENT Marvel earth that pretty much seals the deal IMO

xJLxKing
SS? you mean they one that didn't know what was going on? Do you how he only drained him and not beat him?

ok, just making sure

Lord Feron
Originally posted by xJLxKing
SS? you mean they one that didn't know what was going on? Do you how he only drained him and not beat him?

ok, just making sure

what he said... smokin'

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Molecule Man is on CURRENT Marvel earth that pretty much seals the deal IMO

thumb up

DarthDaniel1001
What exactly are the Guardians capable of? I'm not really a fan so i don't know.

Omega Vision
What exactly are the Guardians capable of? I'm not really a fan so i don't know.
They're implied to be High Level Skyfathers as seen by the fact that Ganthet was considered a peer of such beings as the Phantom Stranger, Shazam, Zeus, and High Father. On panel they've shown that their individual power is like a Green Lantern Ring with no weaknesses to yellow or anything and without a need to recharge. They're immortal and telepathic and were able to (via self-sacrifice) bfr Superboy-Prime and a GL ring wearing Doomsday.
Nowadays though they seem more like jobbers than anything else and injuring a Guardian is how a villain proves he's dangerous.
I'm fairly certain there are usually between 6 to 12 Guardians at any given time though sometimes there's many more.

DarthDaniel1001
So they're kind of like the GL corps equivalent of the Jedi Council until recently getting dumbed down? OK, then the Marvel Earth is probably not getting past ANY of the rounds with them.

Nihilist
The shit Reed Richards is coming up with lately, he is all you need while the GL's are kept at bay for a while.

galactusischere
Marvel earh stomps.
Thor
Gaea
Juggernaut
Genis
Surfer(used to live on earth)
Red Hulk
DOOM
Reed
Phoenix
Apocalypse

They stomp
Gaea might be able to solo

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Nihilist
The shit Reed Richards is coming up with lately, he is all you need while the GL's are kept at bay for a while.
I agree unless its WWH Reed and then he just slaps together a machine that generates images of all the Green Lantern's fathers wagging their fingers at them reproachfully.
If GL rings still had an absolute weakness to Yellow I'm sure Reed could discover that but as it stands he's going to need to be protected from the GLs while he comes up with a technological solution.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by galactusischere
Marvel earh stomps.
Thor
Gaea
Juggernaut
Genis
Surfer(used to live on earth)
Red Hulk
DOOM
Reed
Phoenix
Apocalypse

They stomp
Gaea might be able to solo
Surfer isn't part of Marvel Earth. As far as Gaea goes how many times has she actively helped Earth? Where was she all the times Galactus came knocking? Where was she during all the alien invasions?

Nihilist
I agree unless its WWH Reed and then he just slaps together a machine that generates images of all the Green Lantern's fathers wagging their fingers at them reproachfully.
If GL rings still had an absolute weakness to Yellow I'm sure Reed could discover that but as it stands he's going to need to be protected from the GLs while he comes up with a technological solution. I agree on WWH Reed, the guy can plan for cosmics on a regular yet cant come up with something to stop a very angry guy who just punches stuff who he has known for most his life.

galactusischere
Surfer isn't part of Marvel Earth. As far as Gaea goes how many times has she actively helped Earth? Where was she all the times Galactus came knocking? Where was she during all the alien invasions?

The first, second, and third times Galactus came to earth her character hadn't been created.
About the other times..well she was present to help earth against the celestials. stick out tongue
Plus we must assume that this is the ENTIRE marvel earth.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Nihilist
I agree on WWH Reed, the guy can plan for cosmics on a regular yet cant come up with something to stop a very angry guy who just punches stuff who he has known for most his life.
You'd think he could come up with some weapon that would drain the Gamma radiation out of Hulk's body. Or Hell he could probably pull an Ozymandias and subtract Hulk's intrinsic field. Of course then there's a chance we'd be dealing with a naked blue Hulk with God powers... confused

Omega Vision
Originally posted by galactusischere
The first, second, and third times Galactus came to earth her character hadn't been created.
About the other times..well she was present to help earth against the celestials. stick out tongue
Plus we must assume that this is the ENTIRE marvel earth.
Regular heroes and villains, not Deus Ex Machina characters who rarely ever appear. I didn't see Gaea stop the Secret Invasion.

khazra
You dont get "fodder" GLs. Gls are by their nature the highest willpowered individual (and thereby best possible GL) of their sectors.

However, if a powerful asgardian (think Loki) gets in the destroyer thats kind of it. They cant even BFR him cause he could port back in.

galactusischere
Regular heroes and villains, not Deus Ex Machina characters who rarely ever appear. I didn't see Gaea stop the Secret Invasion.
I don't see them winnig without Gaea.
Unless this is the Dark Phoenix or White Phoenix of the Crown.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.