Pick: Thor, Surfer or Firestorm?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Who would you pick for a KMC tournament?

- Silver Surfer.
- Thor.
- Firestorm.

Regular versions, you can mention if there is a condition that would make you choose one over the other. big grin

Starscream M
Thor.

Power.

Energy.

Magic.

God.

galactusischere
Surfer

Versatality

Energy

weakness exploition(im looking at u supes)

amp

cosmic wareness

matter manipulation

herald to Galactus

DarkOdin
Originally posted by galactusischere
Surfer

weakness exploition(im looking at u supes)

laughing

Lord Feron
Surfer - Speed, Energy/matter Manip, Cosmic awareness, Impressive mental capability - those would be his advantages.

I mean the only thing he lacks imo is combat skill pretty much because he doesn't really need it.

He can also do astral projection and other mental stuff which neither of the other 2 can do at all.

Mindship
Surfer:
sheer power
expansive versatility
flies with both hands free

Badabing
Moved to the BZ.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Surfer or Thor.

Not just because I'm not overly familiar with firestorm, but because his -main- power seems to be something Surfer and Thor are already fully capable of.

Edit: Firestorm turns this post into salt.

Original Smurph
Surfer- like Firestorm, just far better.

leonidas
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Surfer- like Firestorm, just far better.

and cuz in tournaments, speed kills. plus ss has uber tp resistance. both of those are things thor lacks.

batdude123
Firestorm.

Why? Cuz nobody else picked him. hoss

quanchi112
Originally posted by leonidas
and cuz in tournaments, speed kills. plus ss has uber tp resistance. both of those are things thor lacks. This is something I shall overcome in my battlezone. If people come in with an open mind that is.

The answer to the question is Thor.

Bentley
I think Thor is the best fighter to pick when it comes to skill, but Surfer or Firestorm would be far better for prep IMO.

Kris Blaze
and cuz in tournaments, speed kills. plus ss has uber tp resistance. both of those are things thor lacks.

Resistance telepathy from Rigellians though, and they're pretty advanced.

leonidas
Originally posted by quanchi112
This is something I shall overcome in my battlezone.

not if you were bz'ing me. smile

Resistance telepathy from Rigellians though, and they're pretty advanced.

yep. thor DOES have a couple good tp-related feats. just not what ss has who can also be said to possess tp himself. it's close, don't get me wrong. i'd take thor in a non-forum battle. but i've won tournaments with ss so i know exactly how effective he is in these types of battles.

Naija boy
SS definitely.

-Pr-
Thor. He's less susceptible to a punch in the face than Norrin is (i'm looking at you Supes)

Kris Blaze
Do all Firestorm explode once their skin has been ruptured?

yep. thor DOES have a couple good tp-related feats. just not what ss has who can also be said to possess tp himself. it's close, don't get me wrong. i'd take thor in a non-forum battle. but i've won tournaments with ss so i know exactly how effective he is in these types of battles.
Good stuff, just making sure you remember. There's a lot of back and forth though, Loki can work his hypnotism but illusions and the like never go home.

Naija boy
Originally posted by -Pr-
Thor. He's less susceptible to a punch in the face than Norrin is (i'm looking at you Supes)

SS is actually more durable than Thor no expression

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Naija boy
Nah.

darthgoober
You sure about that? I mean Surfer's never really been phased by shots from that Hulk, Thor can't really say the same(course Thor takes more shots in their fights than Surfer does). Plus the time he withstood a massive beating from Wonderman while he(Surfer) was extremely drained and came right back and whooped his ass. And there was also the time that Molecule Man beat the Avengers(including Thor) into unconscious with the walls but Surfer wasn't KO'd(he just played possum when he saw everyone else go down).

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by darthgoober
You sure about that? I mean Surfer's never really been phased by shots from that Hulk, Thor can't really say the same(course Thor takes more shots in their fights than Surfer does). Plus the time he withstood a massive beating from Wonderman while he(Surfer) was extremely drained and came right back and whooped his ass. And there was also the time that Molecule Man beat the Avengers(including Thor) into unconscious with the walls but Surfer wasn't KO'd(he just played possum when he saw everyone else go down).

What about the time Vision pummeled Surfer?

Naija boy
Nah.

Uhuh.

Kris Blaze
Uhuh.
Went down like a sack of potatoes against Odin.

darthgoober
What about the time Vision pummeled Surfer?
His fight with Vision happened while he was weakened from being trapped on Earth, and Vision didn't really do much overall. And the Odin thing happened during Blood and Thunder, which was far from Surfer's best portrayal in the durability department. But if you want to compare that kind of thing, Pre-Death Thanos took out Thor in something like 3 shots, while post Death Thanos had to deliver quite a beating to Surfer before he actually went down(though in Surfer's case he was beaten nearly to death).

Kris Blaze
His fight with Vision happened while he was weakened from being trapped on Earth, and Vision didn't really do much overall. And the Odin thing happened during Blood and Thunder, which was far from Surfer's best portrayal in the durability department. But if you want to compare that kind of thing, Pre-Death Thanos took out Thor in something like 3 shots, while post Death Thanos had to deliver quite a beating to Surfer before he actually went down(though in Surfer's case he was beaten nearly to death).

And Thor got up to fight Thanos not long after, where as Surfer was cuffed and taken to death's realm. Not to mention the initial pre-death Thanos was using technology and the like to help his strength. This was internalized, making him equally strong in both cases. And let's not forget that Thor actually -moved- Thanos with his punches in that fight.

darthgoober
And Thor got up to fight Thanos not long after, where as Surfer was cuffed and taken to death's realm. Not to mention the initial pre-death Thanos was using technology and the like to help his strength. This was internalized, making him equally strong in both cases. And let's not forget that Thor actually -moved- Thanos with his punches in that fight.
I already acknowledged that Surfer was nearly beaten to death. And pre Death Thanos was NOT equal in strength to his post death upgrade. In fact I'm pretty sure it was specifically stated that he was more powerful after Death brought him back.

As for Thor moving Thanos in the fight, we can't really say how Surfer would have done against Thanos before his upgrade because they never fought until he was resurrected erm .

Kris Blaze
I already acknowledged that Surfer was nearly beaten to death. And pre Death Thanos was NOT equal in strength to his post death upgrade. In fact I'm pretty sure it was specifically stated that commented on him being more powerful after Death brought him back.

As for Thor moving Thanos in the fight, we can't really say how Surfer would have done against Thanos before his upgrade because they never fought until he was resurrected erm .

When Thanos was resurrected all his technology had been internalized. Masterson moved him later during Infinity Gauntlet though, and Surfer happened to be unable to do anything to him when they encountered eachother before that.

darthgoober
When Thanos was resurrected all his technology had been internalized. Masterson moved him later during Infinity Gauntlet though, and Surfer happened to be unable to do anything to him when they encountered eachother before that.
Again, I'm all but positive that it was specifically stated(by Death's Aid) that Thanos was far more powerful after his resurrection. But I can check Thanos Quest if you'd like just to make sure.

And in the fight you're talking about with Masterson, he was also moved by shots from Namor and She-Hulk and was nearly floored by a kick from Spiderman.

Naija boy
Went down like a sack of potatoes against Odin.
Thats not a bad feat, considering Odins state of mind and whatnot

-Pr-

Nah.

Click here

leonidas
Click here

nice . . . lol

quanchi112
not if you were bz'ing me. smile

yep. thor DOES have a couple good tp-related feats. just not what ss has who can also be said to possess tp himself. it's close, don't get me wrong. i'd take thor in a non-forum battle. but i've won tournaments with ss so i know exactly how effective he is in these types of battles. Says you. But I do realize that tourney rules favor the faster characters.

You just aren't aware of what Thor is capable of just yet when I represent him.Originally posted by Naija boy
SS is actually more durable than Thor no expression I agree, but Thor is more powerful than the Surfer.

Mindship
I agree, but Thor is more powerful than the Surfer. More powerful as in blasting something, since higher durability can mean more powerful as in taking a blast.

leonidas
Says you. But I do realize that tourney rules favor the faster characters.

You just aren't aware of what Thor is capable of just yet when I represent him. I agree, but Thor is more powerful than the Surfer.

laughing out loud

if you can show me something i DON'T know about thor (who happens to be one of my 2 favourite characters in marvel and a character i've followed for longer than most forum members have been alive no doubt) then i will be able to safely retire from the forum . . .

good luck though. wink

Kris Blaze
laughing out loud

if you can show me something i DON'T know about thor (who happens to be one of my 2 favourite characters in marvel and a character i've followed for longer than most forum members have been alive no doubt) then i will be able to safely retire from the forum . . .

good luck though. wink

If Thor is one of your top 2, then you like him more than I do.

leonidas
If Thor is one of your top 2, then you like him more than I do.

well, goodie for me . . . nwoot

kgkg
This is hot fire.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindship
More powerful as in blasting something, since higher durability can mean more powerful as in taking a blast. More powerful based on his history, his feats, and against the same characters these two have matched up against. I think even the Surfer has agreed he's more powerful.Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

good luck though. wink I am not saying you haven't seen it or read about it. You'll be surprised though when you see my strategy.

I know what to expect from him but he doesn't know what to expect from me. Not everything. I know I'll see nanosecond reaction times and many of his awesome feats which all beg the question; can Thor hit Superman?

Answer- Most certainly.

Mindship
More powerful based on his history, his feats, and against the same characters these two have matched up against. I think even the Surfer has agreed he's more powerful. The "mallet's magic," yes...unless there's another instance I'm not aware of.

batdude123
Answer- Most certainly.

lmao

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindship
The "mallet's magic," yes...unless there's another instance I'm not aware of. The mallet's magic grants the user the power of Thor.

Originally posted by batdude123
lmao We already know you don't think he can under these stipulations. The hammer drops in february.

batdude123
We already know you don't think he can under these stipulations. The hammer drops in february.

Just so we're clear, there's no prep for the match. It's just a straight up fight.

quanchi112
Originally posted by batdude123
Just so we're clear, there's no prep for the match. It's just a straight up fight. Crystal.

batdude123
thumb up

xJLxKing
Watch the fight not happen wink

as far as the thread goes, it's Thor. He has the most potent attack. He can absorb attacks he can tank. He is durable enough and his Hammer can hit anything(given enough time)

Digi
I'm sure goober's watching, so I'm not going to argue for Thor, only say that he'd be my first pick of the 3. Historically, both he and Surfer have had absurd success in tourneys. Thor has a victory, Surfer has 2 (maybe 3), and each has numerous 2nd/3rd/etc. place finishes.

So it likely comes down to who you're more comfortable debating with. For me, it's Thor.

leonidas
FS rocks them both. no expression

darthgoober
Originally posted by Digi
I'm sure goober's watching, so I'm not going to argue for Thor, only say that he'd be my first pick of the 3. Historically, both he and Surfer have had absurd success in tourneys. Thor has a victory, Surfer has 2 (maybe 3), and each has numerous 2nd/3rd/etc. place finishes.

So it likely comes down to who you're more comfortable debating with. For me, it's Thor.
Scaredy cat stick out tongue .

Digi
Scaredy cat stick out tongue .

Not scared, just picking my fights. Debating you here would be like a prize fight, but fought over beer money.

wink

darthgoober
Originally posted by Digi
Not scared, just picking my fights. Debating you here would be like a prize fight, but fought over beer money.

wink
Damn it, I was going to talk trash but that's pretty complimentary to me too so I'll just have to accept it cool .

id369
Thats our only choice's Silver Surfer, Thor, or Firestorm?

Bentley
Yep, but this topic was pretty successful so maybe something like this could be done sometime later.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.