Favorite Duel Monster

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pyron_Knight
In Yu-Gi-Oh, which monsters are your favorite?

Mine:

bbroWhi39tM
Kaiba's most beloved monster turned cuddly and used against him by Pegasus. If that wasn't enough to make me love it, it can pull matrix moves. Toon World was so broken back in Duelist Kingdom.

oxik-3GoYa4

Another toon! I like the toons because they, like Pegasus, make the most amusinH duels in the show. The Toon DMG is just the cutest thing ever in my book. Just look at that wink..
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg216/NikKingMan/TOONDMG2.png
it's impossible not to love her to pieces.

Kento
Favorite, Flame Swordsman. Why I have no freaking clue. Harpie Lady is a very, very close second though.

Favorite card to actually use is Snipe Hunter.....>.>

King Kandy
IDK, but judgment dragon is definitely my least favorite.

Martian_mind
Probably Buster Blader,Pyramid Turtle or Vampire lord

yungz22
my favorite monster was the Red Eyes Black Dragon

Demonic Phoenix
BEWD, Armed Dragon Lv10, Obelisk, Light and Darkness Dragon, Black Luster Solder (Envoy), Dark Paladin, Winged Kuriboh, too many for me to list.

Favorite monster to actually use is probably Stardust Dragon. Before that, it was Silent Magician (both Lv3 and Lv8).

Originally posted by King Kandy
IDK, but judgment dragon is definitely my least favorite.

You just don't like the monster, or you don't like the fact that it can destroy duelists when played?

Kento
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Stardust Dragon. I hate that card. stick out tongue It's Assault Mode even more so.

Silent Magician (both Lv3 and Lv8). Those cards are awesome however.

IDK, but judgment dragon is definitely my least favorite. Not as bad as Chaos Emperor Dragon.

Wei Phoenix
Mystic Swordsman lvls, Dark Necrofear, Relinquished, Obelisk.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Kento
I hate that card. stick out tongue It's Assault Mode even more so.

Dude, tis awesome and you suck stick out tongue.

Wait till you face off against the Saviour Version. It'll blow your mind away stick out tongue.

Those cards are awesome however.

Indeed. I still play them, but they aren't as staple as Stardust is for me stick out tongue. If only Stardust weren't a tuner mmm.
I completely forgot about Black Rose Dragon (one of my favorites to play) and Dark Armed Dragon (just one of my favorites)

Not as bad as Chaos Emperor Dragon.

That guy was the shit. Absolutely devastating. He should be outlawed/forbidden even in the TCG.

Judgement Dragon is no fool however. The guy is extremely effective if you play him right. He's easy to summon if you run a proper Lightsworn deck, you get to destroy every other card on the field, and then you get to attack.
He's got one up on CED in that regard, though CED usually deals more damage via his effect as he targets cards in the hand as well laughing out loud.
What's more, if you first destroy every card, you can then summon yet another Judgement Dragon. Shit's good.

DAD decks can get owned by Judgement Dragon, which is saying something.
I'm just sad he wasn't included in the anime. He looks magnificent. Same goes for Dark Armed Dragon. Chazz should have played that monster.

King Kandy
You just don't like the monster, or you don't like the fact that it can destroy duelists when played?
You got it. Loosing to that things sucks cause it's just like, you pay 1000 to get rid of everything your opponent worked hard for the last 5 turns to get.

Kento
Dude, tis awesome and you suck stick out tongue.

Wait till you face off against the Saviour Version. It'll blow your mind away stick out tongue.

Indeed. I still play them, but they aren't as staple as Stardust is for me stick out tongue. If only Stardust weren't a tuner mmm.
I completely forgot about Black Rose Dragon (one of my favorites to play) and Dark Armed Dragon (just one of my favorites) lol I really dislike tuners, Stardust more so because a dude that comes to the tournaments I go to can summon it out in one turn almost all the time. Which sucks when he goes first, and I don't so I can't get the chance for Black Horn of Heaven.

That guy was the shit. Absolutely devastating. He should be outlawed/forbidden even in the TCG. He is part of the forbidden list. Unless you play traditional but then nothing is forbidden.

Judgement Dragon is no fool however. The guy is extremely effective if you play him right. He's easy to summon if you run a proper Lightsworn deck, you get to destroy every other card on the field, and then you get to attack.
He's got one up on CED in that regard, though CED usually deals more damage via his effect as he targets cards in the hand as well laughing out loud.
What's more, if you first destroy every card, you can then summon yet another Judgement Dragon. Shit's good. This is true, at least Judgement Dragon stays on the field. But still for some people loosing their hand is a big loss.

Weltall
Exodia and Gate Guardian

I used to base my entire strategy around drawing Exodia out and I'd win every time. I'm like the real world incarnation of Yugi.

King Kandy
lol I love gate guardian... shame he sucks so much in the card game though.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Weltall
Exodia and Gate Guardian

I used to base my entire strategy around drawing Exodia out and I'd win every time. I'm like the real world incarnation of Yugi.
When facing people with magic or trap cards that have the ability to remove card(s) in your hand from play altogether though, you'd be screwed going by the Exodia strategy alone.

Anyhow, my favorite duel monster is probably... Slifer, for some arbitrary reason.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
When facing people with magic or trap cards that have the ability to remove card(s) in your hand from play altogether though, you'd be screwed going by the Exodia strategy alone.

Anyhow, my favorite duel monster is probably... Slifer, for some arbitrary reason.

Card Destruction, or was it called Hand Destruction?

EvilAngel
Exodia and Gate Guardian

I don't see how. It's a pretty obvious strategy to spot. Everyone has Card destruction in their side-decks so it's really not a good idea in my opinion. That and if someone has a Chain Destruction, you have lost the game.

When i used to play, lol, years ago now, i used a bunch of 4 star monsters with 1800 or more attack with some retreviable equipments cards like maveloent nuzzler and black pendant. Along with butt loads of anti magic/trap cards. Strategy was to win by turn 3-4. Usually worked.

Still, haven't touched the game in years. Left it in favour of Magic, but actually it's been awhile since i've played that too.

Favourite card? Mmmm, unsure. It'd either be;

Dark Magician girl - She used to be fun, but now she's just seems to be an idol for perverts. On the orgrinal card she was a girl, just now i looked at the card and she has developed allot since i played.

Meteor B. Dragon. - First dragon anyone i knew ever got that was just.... well cool. Blue eyes and Red eyes are well they both look kinda funny.

psycho gundam
pot of greed (i know, it's not a monster card)

it can save your ass.

monster would have to be sangan

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by EvilAngel
I don't see how. It's a pretty obvious strategy to spot. Everyone has Card destruction in their side-decks so it's really not a good idea in my opinion. That and if someone has a Chain Destruction, you have lost the game.

When i used to play, lol, years ago now, i used a bunch of 4 star monsters with 1800 or more attack with some retreviable equipments cards like maveloent nuzzler and black pendant. Along with butt loads of anti magic/trap cards. Strategy was to win by turn 3-4. Usually worked.

Still, haven't touched the game in years. Left it in favour of Magic, but actually it's been awhile since i've played that too.

Agreed, it's a simple strategy and he must've been fighting idiots when it came to YGO. You also had a pretty simple strategy but by your words, it seems to work. Malevolent Nuzzler was a great card and I was the only one I knew in RL that used it.

I haven't played in years either, as I too have been playing Magic in RL and on Xbox. I still like YGO and I'll play a YGO video game, just don't invest time and money in the actual cards or anime anymore.

EvilAngel
What did you used to play to, Wei P?

Were you a rusher, like me? stick out tongue

Originally posted by psycho gundam
pot of greed (i know, it's not a monster card)

it can save your ass.

monster would have to be sangan

I favoured Graceful Charity over Pot of Greed.

Thing is for one card, Graceful Charity lets you draw three, sure you have to discard two afterward, but typically you'll be looking for one or two cards in particular when you use a card like that so Graceful Charity gives you a better chance at drawing the card you need. Plus you can have 3 of them in your deck. Since you can then choose any two cards in your hand to discard after drawing i always found it to be so much better.

That is my favourite magic card.

Wei Phoenix
My love for Bakura made me make a Fiend/Dark Deck. I loved it for my Dark Necrofear and random dark creatures that got powered by Mystic Plasma Zone.

I also had a Warrior deck which was pretty beastly and quick to do a lot of damage.

My third deck was a fire deck.

My ideal field would be three Solar Flare Dragons, 1 Ultimate Baseball Kid and either one Raging Flame Sprite or one Fox Fire.

http://www.yugioh-cards.net/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/sd3/SD3-EN008.jpg

King Kandy

Chain Destruction? You mean this thing?

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Chain_Destruction

I fail to see how this card hurts exodia decks in any way. What would you even use it on? They never summon exodia pieces.

With Exodia, you aim to win on your very first turn, before your opponent can do anything at all. Generally you either win instantly, or your deck fizzles and you inevitably lose.

Wei Phoenix

I fail to see how this card hurts exodia decks in any way. What would you even use it on? They never summon exodia pieces.

With Exodia, you aim to win on your very first turn, before your opponent can do anything at all. Generally you either win instantly, or your deck fizzles and you inevitably lose.

I believe there are cards to force a summon though.

King Kandy
They're really bad. And they have no way of insuring it's an exodia piece that will be summoned. And even then it only destroys one monster, which can easily be brought back by something like Dark Eruption.

Unless you run a card that removes all cards sent to the graveyard, hand destruction isn't all that effective on Exodia.

EvilAngel

Win on your first turn? You are aware the odds of doing that are ridiculously low right? Even supposing you have 3 of all pieces of exodia, the chances of you have all of them in your first hand is approximately 0.1%. Even with many draw cards and special summonings to your hand you're not likely to get Exodia until turn.... 8-10 and that's assuming your deck is equipped to the full to do this.

Exodia decks are trade offs. Either you have allot of tools to ensure you draw them, which means your defenses are weaker for the rest of the game. Or you don't have all the tools but have a stronger defense while you wait for you to complete your strategy.

The problem with the first kind is a stronger offense will always decimate a weaker defense. That and you'll still have to wait until turn like 9 or 10 to succeed.

The problem with the second type is even if you're defenses are strong it only allow your enemy to know exactly what you're up to, and therefore they can act accordingly.

Chain destruction is particularly effective against exodia decks for two reasons, one is if they play a piece and you hit it with this card, their strategy is gone. Or you hit one of their other cards and they looses probably a third to a quarter of their monster cards because they'll likely be using 3 of the same monsters.

King Kandy
No, you do not understand Exodia. Putting defensive cards in exodia deck is called exodia stall, and it is a laughable strategy at best. You cannot wait 8-10 turns because you will have certainly lost by then. The only way to play exodia is Exodia Turbo, which is pretty much nothing but draw cards and the five exodia pieces and can usually win 1st-3rd turn if it works right.

Defensive decks are not good as the game is currently tilted towards favoring offense due to cards like the already mentioned Judgment Dragon which can destroy everything you have set up. Which is why the only way you can win is by being even faster.

Chain Destruction is horrible against good exodia decks because

1. They would never summon an exodia piece unless they were an absolute fool.
2. If it's destroyed they can easily bring it back to the hand with cards like Dark Eruption and Backup Soldier.
3. They likely only have a few cards they will be summoning. I know the exodia deck i've ran has only had three cards I would normal summon, three copies of royal magical library. And if you hit them, it by no means would destroy the strategy.

I would run something like this:

Monsters: 20

5x Exodia

3x Destiny Hero Plasma
3x Destiny Hero Dogma
2x Destiny Hero Dreadmaster
1x Blue Eyes Toon Dragon

3x Royal Magical Library
3x Broww, Huntsman of the Dark World

Spells: 20

3x Trade In
3x Destiny Draw
2x Allure
3x Hand Destruction
3x Toon Table of Contents
3x Dark World Dealings
3x Upstart Goblin

EvilAngel
I'd have to see that in action. As i see it, all i can see it a dreadful self mill deck in the hopes you draw the right cards.

Also i think one card destruction and you've lost with that deck.

I honestly' can't visualise how you work out you win in 1-3 turns. Even with all those draw cards and effects statistically you won't draw exodia until turn 6 on average. By which you'll long be dead by.

I was just able to digg mine up, and this is what i have in it

2 x 7 coloured fish
2 x Harpies Brother
2 x Maha Vailo
2 x La Jinn the Mystical Genie of the Lamp
2 x Gemini Elf
2 x Dark elf

2 x Summoned Skull

3 x Rush Recklessly
3 x Malevolent Nuzzler
3 x Black Pendant
3 x Mystical space typoon
2 x Magic jammer
2 x 7 tools of the bandit
3 x Graceful Charity
2 x Tailor of the Fickle
2 x Trap hole

Raigeki
Monster Reborn
Change of heart

I haven't found my side deck yet...... my room needs a cleaning soon i think.

Kirikaze Fuuma
If you can summon a monster which is stronger than stardust or you can just return them to extra deck, stardust is not a problem. The story will be different if it's assault mode... -___-;

Anyway, my favorite card : Gearfried the Swordmaster, Gilford the Lightning and Buster Blader.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
If you can summon a monster which is stronger than stardust or you can just return them to extra deck, stardust is not a problem. The story will be different if it's assault mode... -___-;

Anyway, my favorite card : Gearfried the Swordmaster, Gilford the Lightning and Buster Blader.

A warrior you must be.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
A warrior you must be.

Indeed.

Demonic Phoenix
Exodia and Gate Guardian

Back when I was using an Exodia deck, I drew all 5 pieces on the first turn in one or two duels. I kid you not. Felt gooood!

You got it. Loosing to that things sucks cause it's just like, you pay 1000 to get rid of everything your opponent worked hard for the last 5 turns to get.

I've never actually lost to it, but I have had my whole field destroyed many times due to that card, so I know the feeling >__>. Still, there are a lot of ways I've gotten back at that monster.

lol I really dislike tuners, Stardust more so because a dude that comes to the tournaments I go to can summon it out in one turn almost all the time. Which sucks when he goes first, and I don't so I can't get the chance for Black Horn of Heaven.

Try using 'Disappear' to remove him from play. Or just be a man, and get yourself a Stardust Dragon to counter his Stardust Dragon stick out tongue.

Have you seen the new Majestic Star Dragon? That guy is bonkers. He can negate any card, and then he'll destroy the opponent's whole damn field.

He is part of the forbidden list. Unless you play traditional but then nothing is forbidden.

I know, I meant that he should be outlawed in Traditional as well.

This is true, at least Judgement Dragon stays on the field. But still for some people loosing their hand is a big loss.

Losing every single card you have in your hand or on the field is a huge loss. What's worse, 300 points for each card is dealt only to your opponent.

So yeah, you're right, JD is not as bad as CED. Then again, probably no monster is as bad as CED is. That guy takes 'broken' to a whole new level. Neo-Daedelus has the same effect, but his does not deal damage and depends on a certain Field Spell; so it's not as bad as CED. Oh yeah, Neo-Daedelus survives this card annihilation effect.

Ridley_Prime
Meteor B. Dragon. - First dragon anyone i knew ever got that was just.... well cool. Blue eyes and Red eyes are well they both look kinda funny.
wut?
I agree about Meteor Dragon though from what I remember seeing it when playing Duelist of the Roses (PS2), but how do the other two look funny?

My love for Bakura made me make a Fiend/Dark Deck. I loved it for my Dark Necrofear and random dark creatures that got powered by Mystic Plasma Zone.

I also had a Warrior deck which was pretty beastly and quick to do a lot of damage.

My third deck was a fire deck.

My ideal field would be three Solar Flare Dragons, 1 Ultimate Baseball Kid and either one Raging Flame Sprite or one Fox Fire.

http://www.yugioh-cards.net/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/sd3/SD3-EN008.jpg
Forgot about Solar Flare Dragon... They're pretty awesome too, needless to say. And I have some fond memories when it came to Dark Necrofear as well. smile

As for the discussion about the common/predictable Exodia strategy, I guess that's why you should have Exodia Necross (which you also need the Contract With Exodia magic card) as backup in case it doesn't work out? confused

Nephthys
Chaos Sorcerer was pretty epic, not only cool, but could defeat any monster bar God cards if it was his turn. Ryu-Ran, just becuase, Koitsu and Aitsu, Summoned Skull, Gearfried the Swordmaster and Relinquished were also cool. And of course its always fun to pull out a Chaos Emperor Dragon.

Ahhh, good times. I remember how once this cock who was staying with us went into a 10-minute rant about how broken CED was after my brother curbstomped his ass with it one time. Made even sweeter by how much he'd been bragging about his 'unbeatable deck' for hours prior.

psycho gundam

Thing is for one card, Graceful Charity lets you draw three, sure you have to discard two afterward, but typically you'll be looking for one or two cards in particular when you use a card like that so Graceful Charity gives you a better chance at drawing the card you need. Plus you can have 3 of them in your deck. Since you can then choose any two cards in your hand to discard after drawing i always found it to be so much better.

That is my favorite magic card. the drawback of graceful charity lessens it imo, if i'm down to like 1-2 cards i rather get a pot of greed on my next turn.

Kento
Try using 'Disappear' to remove him from play. Or just be a man, and get yourself a Stardust Dragon to counter his Stardust Dragon stick out tongue. stick out tongue I have ways to get rid of it, just not when it's summoned the very first turn of the game before I even get to go. Then it's a uphill battle.

Have you seen the new Majestic Star Dragon? That guy is bonkers. He can negate any card, and then he'll destroy the opponent's whole damn field. Yea, I went to a preview tournament for Stardust Overdrive two weeks ago, and somebody got that card from a pack. I was just glad they couldn't use Stardust because they had to make a deck from Stardust Overdrive cards only.

I know, I meant that he should be outlawed in Traditional as well. lol Victory Dragon is kinda cheap as well.

Losing every single card you have in your hand or on the field is a huge loss. What's worse, 300 points for each card is dealt only to your opponent.

So yeah, you're right, JD is not as bad as CED. Then again, probably no monster is as bad as CED is. That guy takes 'broken' to a whole new level. Neo-Daedelus has the same effect, but his does not deal damage and depends on a certain Field Spell; so it's not as bad as CED. Oh yeah, Neo-Daedelus survives this card annihilation effect. Eh, depends on the person. If I play my zombie deck it could be very helpful as I need seven monsters in the graveyard to play a 7000 lvl 1 monster with gravity bind. Just the 300 life points is a big disaster...And wait what about Dark World, wouldn't it work for Dark World monsters to be summoned? It's not a cost.

Yea, I need Neo-Daedelus for my water deck. And Levia-Dragon Daedelus.

Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma

Anyway, my favorite card : Gearfried the Swordmaster, Gilford the Lightning and Buster Blader. embarrasment The thing is, I use low level effect monsters usually, and I don't do summons for the most part. I usually do like man-eater bug, or fissure, or some other destroy card followed by a level 4 1900 or 1600 or whatever to attack. With things like bottomless trap hole, and black horn of heaven, and even trap hole to keep the field clear, and big bang shot to attack their life points even if they go defense route, and playing seven tools of the bandit, and other counter traps for if they try to use something to stop my attack.

EvilAngel
wut?
I agree about Meteor Dragon though from what I remember seeing it when playing Duelist of the Roses (PS2), but how do the other two look funny?

Well, the body of the Blue eyes looks weird. It's neck don't fit with it's body. All in all it looks like a machine more than a dragon.

And Red eyes looks like a lanky lizard. Which just reduces it's overrall coolness factor imo.

Kero_Co
Summoned Skull was always my favorite

Kento
Well, the body of the Blue eyes looks weird. It's neck don't fit with it's body. All in all it looks like a machine more than a dragon.

And Red eyes looks like a lanky lizard. Which just reduces it's overrall coolness factor imo. laughing And I thought I was the only one who thought Red Eyes looked weird.

King Kandy
I'd have to see that in action. As i see it, all i can see it a dreadful self mill deck in the hopes you draw the right cards.

Also i think one card destruction and you've lost with that deck.

I honestly' can't visualise how you work out you win in 1-3 turns. Even with all those draw cards and effects statistically you won't draw exodia until turn 6 on average. By which you'll long be dead by.
It's not a "self mill deck". There is not one self-milling card in that entire deck. Not even one. It draws until I draw the right card, because if I don't have them yet I just continue drawing.

Yeah, good thing practically nobody uses card destruction... I would have some cards in the side deck for that such as dark factory of mass production.

I don't see how it could possibly take 6 turns to do it. As a matter of fact, let's test it out:

I made the deck and shuffled it, now I draw six cards: 2x RML, 1x D-Draw, 1x Toon Table, 1x Allure.

1st turn: Summon RML, TT into TT into TT into Blue eyes, RML draws a card, Trade In. Trade in discards blue eyes into plasma and plasma. D-draw one plasma into D-draw and plasma. D-draw a second plasma into left leg and dreadmaster. RML draws a card, dark world dealings. Play allure, drawing another DWD and trade in, removing dreadmaster. Trade in plasma, drawing DWD and broww. Play DWD, drawing me left leg, discarding broww. Broww draws me another card, right arm. RML draws a card, Broww. Play DWD, drawing dogma, discarding broww. Broww draws a card, trade in. Trade in on dogma draws Broww and Hand destruction. I play DWD, drawing dreadmaster and discarding broww. Broww draws me hand destruction. RML draws me left arm.

At this point, my hand contains all five exodia pieces, 2x Hand destruction, dreadmaster, and royal magical library. I won on the first turn.

Ridley_Prime

And Red eyes looks like a lanky lizard. Which just reduces it's overrall coolness factor imo.
laughing out loud Fair enough I guess.

I suppose I agree about Blue-Eyes's neck. Dunno about it looking like a machine though, but that's definitely how I think when it comes to the Winged Dragon of Ra. >_>

And I concur about Red-Eyes when it came to the first card, but this version fixed that and made him look much cooler IMO.

http://www.yugioh-cards.net/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/promo/huge/PCJ-EN001.jpg

Still, Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon is where it's at. Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon is all right too I guess.

Was there ever a Red-Eyes Ultimate Dragon like there was for Blue-Eyes? I'm guessing not. Think I saw one before, but I believe it was fan-made.

As per the thread topic, another favorite of mine would be the Fang of Critias (from Waking the Dragons arc) if that counts. That monster was easily cooler than the Eye of Timaeus or Claw of Hermos...
Celtic Guardian has also been an all-time fav. big grin

King Kandy
Was there ever a Red-Eyes Ultimate Dragon like there was for Blue-Eyes? I'm guessing not. Think I saw one before, but I believe it was fan-made.
No, but there's a card that sounds like a combo of the metal and darkness versions...

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/6/6b/Red-EyesDarknessMetalDragonJUMP-EN-UR-LE.png

Demonic Phoenix

you should have Exodia Necross as backup in case it doesn't work out? confused

Exodius is a better alternative imo. Though it depends.

That is my favourite magic card.

I'd rather have both of them depending on the situation stick out tongue. GC benefits me when I need certain cards in the graveyard, or I'm using Dark World Monsters. Oh, and Graceful Charity is Limited now. Only one of those bad-boys is allowed.

stick out tongue I have ways to get rid of it, just not when it's summoned the very first turn of the game before I even get to go. Then it's a uphill battle.

That's why it's good stick out tongue.

Yea, I went to a preview tournament for Stardust Overdrive two weeks ago, and somebody got that card from a pack. I was just glad they couldn't use Stardust because they had to make a deck from Stardust Overdrive cards only.

Neat.

lol Victory Dragon is kinda cheap as well.

Meh, I don't like the dude. Sacrificing three dragons (though you could make it easier) then attacking directly for the match? Meh.

And wait what about Dark World, wouldn't it work for Dark World monsters to be summoned? It's not a cost.

Yea, I need Neo-Daedelus for my water deck. And Levia-Dragon Daedelus.

Dark World monsters wouldn't be summoned via CED's effect. It's not a discard.

~ Oh, and Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon looks a heck of a lot better than Metal Darkness. Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon pwns them both though. It sucks that he's much harder to summon though.

EvilAngel

I'd rather have both of them depending on the situation stick out tongue. GC benefits me when I need certain cards in the graveyard, or I'm using Dark World Monsters. Oh, and Graceful Charity is Limited now. Only one of those bad-boys is allowed.

confused Smells. I have 3 of them.....

Demonic Phoenix
confused Smells. I have 3 of them.....

Meh, as long as you don't take part in tournaments (it's Forbidden in the OCG and Limited in TCG), I guess it's okay. Though you'll probably have to let your opponent know and see if it's okay with them as it is Limited.

That's if you still duel of course stick out tongue.

Kento

That's why it's good stick out tongue. lol Yea if your the one using it. But I'd rather go for Colossal Fighter, I think it is, instead if I synchro, or Junk Warrior I believe for my attack life points directly with all those level 2 and 1 monsters that can attack directly. Just not a dragon person. lol

Meh, I don't like the dude. Sacrificing three dragons (though you could make it easier) then attacking directly for the match? Meh. I've never seen anybody play him, though then again unless you're at a tournament his effect is worthless and isn't he banned? And people can get much stronger dragons out in one turn. Like Five-Headed Dragon.

Dark World monsters wouldn't be summoned via CED's effect. It's not a discard. Ah yes, ah well. lol

~ Oh, and Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon looks a heck of a lot better than Metal Darkness. Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon pwns them both though. It sucks that he's much harder to summon though. I prefer Red Eye Zombie Dragon more than them. lol

King Kandy
Wrong.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

It's banned.

Ridley_Prime
Exodius is a better alternative imo. Though it depends.
Ah, Exodius. Another good monster I forgot about...

Can't argue with that logic though. big grin I agree, but like you said, it depends.

~ Oh, and Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon looks a heck of a lot better than Metal Darkness.
Once again, I agree. Also prefer Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon's special ability over Metal Darkness Dragon's, though it can be useful too.

Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon pwns them both though. It sucks that he's much harder to summon though.
Tell me about it...

I prefer Red Eye Zombie Dragon more than them. lol
Heh. It's only particularly good though if you're also facing someone who uses zombie monsters. Meh.

Also (pertaining to the thread topic), Dark Paladin. 'nuff said.

Demonic Phoenix
Wrong.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

It's banned.

Wrong.

You do know the difference between the Advanced & Traditional Formats, do you not?

As I highly doubt EA will be participating in Sanctioned Tourneys (she said she no longer plays), it should be fairly obvious that I was talking about the Traditional Format.

Demonic Phoenix
lol Yea if your the one using it. But I'd rather go for Colossal Fighter, I think it is, instead if I synchro, or Junk Warrior I believe for my attack life points directly with all those level 2 and 1 monsters that can attack directly. Just not a dragon person. lol

You don't like Dragons shock?
OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

I've never seen anybody play him, though then again unless you're at a tournament his effect is worthless and isn't he banned? And people can get much stronger dragons out in one turn. Like Five-Headed Dragon.

Not just banned. Illegal. Meaning his status can never change (probably), and that he cannot be used at all. All Match-Winners are illegal (like the God Cards) in fact.

Ah yes, ah well. lol

It would have been neat though, if Dark World Monsters could be summoned like that. You could pretty much OTK an opponent like that.

I prefer Red Eye Zombie Dragon more than them. lol

What's with the Zombie luv? Darkness is better my friend stick out tongue.

Ah, Exodius. Another good monster I forgot about...

Can't argue with that logic though. big grin I agree, but like you said, it depends.

Yep. The only thing is, I think he looks kinda funny laughing out loud, having a tanned skin color and different colored 'clothes'. The other two Exodias have been fully black or bronze/golden.

Once again, I agree. Also prefer Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon's special ability over Metal Darkness Dragon's, though it can be useful too.

Theoretically, he's easier to summon than Darkness, as you need any dragon (should have been Red-Eyes imo, and he should have been given another effect) on the field. But yeah, the ATK increase of Darkness can be really great.

Tell me about it...

Oh I could tell you loads about how people have based their entire deck around him (including myself), only to lose because you need 3 blue-eyes, a polymerization and the wretched card itself. & that's if those guys can even make it onto the field.

Also (pertaining to the thread topic), Dark Paladin. 'nuff said.

Another one of my all time favorites yes. Kicks any Dragon's posterior, along with the ability to kick the posteriors of spells too. I admit, I was amazed when I saw Yugi summon it against Kaiba.

EvilAngel
Wrong.

You do know the difference between the Advanced & Traditional Formats, do you not?

As I highly doubt EA will be participating in Sanctioned Tourneys (she said she no longer plays), it should be fairly obvious that I was talking about the Traditional Format.

Banned. Meh who cares, although it was at the end, we played with the god cards for the lulz. Well, i didn't but... that's just because i could never work out a good and original strategy for any of them.

The only reason i play(well played i think allot of my cards are out now) in Standard in Magic is because if you don't there are too many auto-win strategies.

Lol, they've banned allot of the good cards. Guess there's allot of butt hurt in yugioh. The only one at a glance that derserves to be banned is the crush card virus.

King Kandy
Wrong.

You said this:

Meh, as long as you don't take part in tournaments (it's Forbidden in the OCG and Limited in TCG), I guess it's okay. Though you'll probably have to let your opponent know and see if it's okay with them as it is Limited.

That's if you still duel of course stick out tongue.

In traditional, it is limited regardless of OCG or TCG. So I don't see how I was supposed to derive that you were talking about traditional from that.

King Kandy
Banned. Meh who cares, although it was at the end, we played with the god cards for the lulz. Well, i didn't but... that's just because i could never work out a good and original strategy for any of them.

The only reason i play(well played i think allot of my cards are out now) in Standard in Magic is because if you don't there are too many auto-win strategies.

Lol, they've banned allot of the good cards. Guess there's allot of butt hurt in yugioh. The only one at a glance that derserves to be banned is the crush card virus.
So many cards deserve to be banned. If you play at a high level in traditional, whoever goes first automatically wins because the decks have a 100% OTK rate.

Demonic Phoenix

Graceful Charity is Limited in the Traditional Format. Perhaps I should have clarified earlier as TCG has two formats: Advanced (banned) and Traditional (Limited).

Well, there are also a lot of sure-win strats with those Forbidden Cards like the infamous Yata lock.
Some are just too plum useful e.g Pot of Greed which gives you two extra cards for no cost; or Black Luster Soldier: Envoy of the Beginning, who can remove ANY monster on the field from play, or attack twice in a row (provided he destroyed a monster in the first attack). He has 3000 ATK by the way. His first effect was broken.

There are a lot of cards that deserve to be banned believe me. While others are just banned because they are a part of a powerful strat, which sucks.

Demonic Phoenix
You said this:

In traditional, it is limited regardless of OCG or TCG. So I don't see how I was supposed to derive that you were talking about traditional from that.

TCG has two formats of which Traditional is one, and EA doesn't play in tourneys (anymore?).
I was talking about Traditional, I just used a higher branch instead.

Wei Phoenix

What decks and strategies do you use in Magic?

psycho gundam
i used to like (iirc) nailing a strong monster with kaisitai, and then having that grim reaper looking 3-star monster that can't be destroyed in battle (in defense mode), i just rack up life points.

+ ring of magnetism so all attacks go to him.

cyber stein is also awesome. summon thousand eyes resrict, or blue eyes ultimate dragon.

oh yeah, cheap ass magic cards:

- mage power

- united we stand

- raigaki

- that one that doubles a monster's power if your lifepoints are lower than your opponents..i forget the name. it rocks if you can use it in concert with cyber stein sacrifising life points to summon BEUD then powering it up to 9000 atk and getting to attack with that fusion monster in the same turn...and equiping bing bang shot so it goes through to the lifepoints directly with 9300 attack.

i've won on my first turn like that.

Demonic Phoenix

This is a Yugioh thread. Take your Magic Card Game discussion elsewherestick out tongue. Traitorsstick out tongue.

i used to like (iirc) nailing a strong monster with kaisitai, and then having that grim reaper looking 3-star monster that can't be destroyed in battle (in defense mode), i just rack up life points.

Ahh, Spirit of The Reaper. He can't be destroyed in battle actually, but he takes damage which is why you usually play him in defense. Great wall monster. I forget, can he attack directly? Or is it the fusion version?

EvilAngel

Lots! big grin

When i first started a used green. Just your typical fairy deck. Then i went into Milling for awhile.

It was only somewhat recently i switch to black/red. Decided it could be fun to be super-aggressive stick out tongue

Which it is, being able to rush like crazy is great. I can't be bothered to find out what it is, but i also run cards that let me choose and discard cards from my opponents hand. Helps getting rid of things that might be troublesome for me ^^

But i think my heart belongs to mill decks smile It's so much fun to get people so frustrated teehee big grin

King Kandy

He'll self destruct if you equip him with ring of magnetism... he can't be targeted by effects or he dies.

Demonic Phoenix

cyber stein is also awesome. summon thousand eyes resrict, or blue eyes ultimate dragon.

oh yeah, cheap ass magic cards:

- mage power

- united we stand

- raigaki

- that one that doubles a monster's power if your lifepoints are lower than your opponents..i forget the name. it rocks if you can use it in concert with cyber stein sacrifising life points to summon BEUD then powering it up to 9000 atk and getting to attack with that fusion monster in the same turn...and equiping bing bang shot so it goes through to the lifepoints directly with 9300 attack.

i've won on my first turn like that.

laughing out loud Megamorph, The good ol' days. Sadly, these days, it's all about effects and ATK has for the most part taken a backseat. >__>

~ This should probably be renamed into the Yu-Gi-Oh! discussion thread v2 >__>.

psycho gundam
He'll self destruct if you equip him with ring of magnetism... he can't be targeted by effects or he dies. yeah you're right. it;s been a while

Ahh, Spirit of The Reaper. He can't be destroyed in battle actually, but he takes damage which is why you usually play him in defense. Great wall monster. I forget, can he attack directly? Or is it the fusion version? yup, that's the one.

Megamorph rock

Kento

Heh. It's only particularly good though if you're also facing someone who uses zombie monsters. Meh. I just like the way the card looks better. Not anything else.

OFF WITH HIS HEAD! stick out tongue I much prefer my frogs to dragons.

Not just banned. Illegal. Meaning his status can never change (probably), and that he cannot be used at all. All Match-Winners are illegal (like the God Cards) in fact. Makes me wonder how big the playable Obelisk will be when it comes out in Shonen Jump in January all legal and junk.

It would have been neat though, if Dark World Monsters could be summoned like that. You could pretty much OTK an opponent like that. Yes, yes you could. It would be fun.

What's with the Zombie luv? Darkness is better my friend stick out tongue. But, but I like zombies.. lol That's really it, zombies are like one of my favorite things to use.

Now I just got to figure out what deck I'm using tomorrow...

psycho gundam
oh yeah, that card that allows you to special summon one additional zombie monster to the field...cheap. you could get your vampire lord out in your first turn by sacrificing your special summoned monster for him.

Demonic Phoenix

rock

I remember when Kaiba played Megamorph on BEUD in a movie and it grew twice as big. mmm I wonder iff it could be used to make other things 'bigger' ninja2

stick out tongue I much prefer my frogs to dragons.

What kind of a man likes frogs more than dragons stick out tongue?

Makes me wonder how big the playable Obelisk will be when it comes out in Shonen Jump in January all legal and junk.

It's not out yet? I thought it was. He looks awesome! I wonder if they'll release Effect versions of Slifer and Ra. Well, maybe just Ra, Slifer's not as cool as the other two stick out tongue

But, but I like zombies.. lol That's really it, zombies are like one of my favorite things to use.

laughing out loud Fair enough.

Now I just got to figure out what deck I'm using tomorrow...

Hero Deck! I miss seeing the heroes in action.

King Kandy
Heros are awful. It's funny hero decks have like an inverse equation: the fewer heros in a "hero deck", the better it is.

Demonic Phoenix
Heros are awful. It's funny hero decks have like an inverse equation: the fewer heros in a "hero deck", the better it is.

True, but they were still fun to watch in GX imo. Of course, Jaden's hax draw ruined the coolness of most of his duels.

King Kandy
"Heart of the cards"=stacking

psycho gundam
remember when yugi would pull out the only card in the entire game that could possibly get him out of a seemingly futile situation? and the cards(s) were never seen before or after he used them ever again.

heart of the cards = deus ex machina

Demonic Phoenix
All that pales in comparison to Jaden's Hax Draw which never failed him. Drawing the card that would let him win whenever he wanted? Combine that with PIS, and even the friendship mumbo jumbo pales.

Ridley_Prime
OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
Nah, he's a cool exception. =p

Well, already knew from a previous thread that he didn't really like dragons, so meh.

Yep. The only thing is, I think he looks kinda funny laughing out loud, having a tanned skin color and different colored 'clothes'. The other two Exodias have been fully black or bronze/golden.
Yeah. I think the slightly different trend there is kinda fitting though, since Exodius isn't just a "forbidden one" like Exodia, but an ultimate forbidden lord rather...

Theoretically, he's easier to summon than Darkness, as you need any dragon (should have been Red-Eyes imo, and he should have been given another effect) on the field. But yeah, the ATK increase of Darkness can be really great.
Indeed. I find Darkness Dragon relatively easy to summon most of the time anyway though since I have both Red-Eyes Black Dragon and Red-Eyes Black Chick.

Oh I could tell you loads about how people have based their entire deck around him (including myself), only to lose because you need 3 blue-eyes, a polymerization and the wretched card itself. & that's if those guys can even make it onto the field.
Ironically, I have all those cards IRL, but I learned the hard way as to just how close to impossible Shining Dragon is to summon. laughing out loud I kept it in my dragon deck anyway though in case I ever got lucky enough one day to use it in a duel, but I didn't of course.

Overall, I'd say Red-Eyes and its variations are better than Blue-Eyes and its variations because although Blue-Eyes is stronger, Red-Eyes is easier to upgrade in general and its alternate forms are just that easier to summon.
As quoted from the first Yu-Gi-Oh movie (from the first anime), Blue-Eyes brings power, whereas Red-Eyes brings potential.

Another one of my all time favorites yes. Kicks any Dragon's posterior, along with the ability to kick the posteriors of spells too. I admit, I was amazed when I saw Yugi summon it against Kaiba.
Me too. Of course, Yugi always has one awesome monster/card that he only uses once against a particular opponent (Magician of Black Chaos against Pegasus, Dark Paladin against Kaiba, the magic card Ragnarok against Yami-Marik, and any others I might be missing). Still, the fusion of Dark Magician and Buster Blader was more badass than I ever thought it would be, making it a monster of Yugi's that's definitely worth remembering to say the least.

Yeah. I still kinda wish they would un-gay the banned list to a certain degree, not that it matters now I guess.

There are a lot of cards that deserve to be banned believe me. While others are just banned because they are a part of a powerful strat, which sucks.
Yep, making it gay.

Megamorph, The good ol' days. Sadly, these days, it's all about effects and ATK has for the most part taken a backseat. >__>
Yeah... The game got even more redundant to me in a certain way because of that.

I just like the way the card looks better. Not anything else.
Ah, okay. I can certainly agree that Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon looks very cool too, with that aura, mist, or whatever surrounding him.

I much prefer my frogs to dragons.
Frogs? What the f**k?

I remember when Kaiba played Megamorph on BEUD in a movie and it grew twice as big. mmm I wonder iff it could be used to make other things 'bigger' ninja2
Like the Egyptian Gods? They'd become as big as (if not bigger than) both the Great Leviathan and Zorc then if that happened. xD

It's not out yet? I thought it was. He looks awesome! I wonder if they'll release Effect versions of Slifer and Ra. Well, maybe just Ra, Slifer's not as cool as the other two stick out tongue
Yes he is! estahuh At least, he's my favorite out of the three in terms of coolness, appearance, and as a monster in general.
If you mean game-wise though, then I have to agree about him not being as cool as the other two. sad

remember when yugi would pull out the only card in the entire game that could possibly get him out of a seemingly futile situation? and the cards(s) were never seen before or after he used them ever again.
Yep. The examples I mentioned being Magician of Black Chaos, Dark Paladin, and Ragnarok.

All that pales in comparison to Jaden's Hax Draw which never failed him. Drawing the card that would let him win whenever he wanted? Combine that with PIS, and even the friendship mumbo jumbo pales.
lol Yeah. That's for sure...

Kento

Well, already knew from a previous thread that he didn't really like dragons, so meh.
lol

Ah, okay. I can certainly agree that Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon looks very cool too, with that aura, mist, or whatever surrounding him. Yep, yep. I wonder why Red Eyes has so many different forms these days. There's even a Red Eyes Wyvern which lets you summon any Red Eyes.

Frogs? What the f**k? Well they got effects that can allow to swarm the field, and I only really mean in Yugioh. Maybe should have went with my Harpie's instead of my frogs. embarrasment Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
What kind of a man likes frogs more than dragons stick out tongue? stick out tongue A real man.

It's not out yet? I thought it was. He looks awesome! I wonder if they'll release Effect versions of Slifer and Ra. Well, maybe just Ra, Slifer's not as cool as the other two stick out tongue] Might be out in Japan, but it's not coming here with the January issue of Shonen Jump. lol Well Obelisk is the least broken of all the gods, Ra the most. I think I'd see a Slifer before Ra since at least Slifer probably wouldn't be tournament banned right off the bat.

laughing out loud Fair enough.

Hero Deck! I miss seeing the heroes in action. stick out tongue

laughing Don't have enough heroes for a hero deck. I have Zombies/King of Skull Servant deck, a remove from play deck, a stall deck, A Harpie Deck (that I'm missing two Harpie Queens for), a water deck, a frog deck, and one other deck I forget.

Ridley_Prime
Yep, yep. I wonder why Red Eyes has so many different forms these days. There's even a Red Eyes Wyvern which lets you summon any Red Eyes.
Really? That I did not know. Odd...
Well, I guess Red-Eyes has to have something Blue-Eyes doesn't have at least (that something being many different forms, albeit it being overdone now).

Well they got effects that can allow to swarm the field, and I only really mean in Yugioh.
Ah, okay. That explains it. You had me confused there for some reason about the frogs. Guess I'm just tired at the moment.

stick out tongue A real man.
Toad has a wicked tongue senator, just like you... or something. stick out tongue

Might be out in Japan, but it's not coming here with the January issue of Shonen Jump. lol Well Obelisk is the least broken of all the gods, Ra the most. I think I'd see a Slifer before Ra since at least Slifer probably wouldn't be tournament banned right off the bat.
Hah! Well that's good to hear at least. Go Slifer!

Kento
Really? That I did not know. Odd...
Well, I guess Red-Eyes has to have something Blue-Eyes doesn't have at least (that something being many different forms, albeit it being overdone now). True, Blue Eyes gets all the cards based around it. White Stone of Legend, Paladin of White Dragon, Kaibaman, probably others I forget not counting the Blue Eyes Ultimate or Shining.

Ah, okay. That explains it. You had me confused there for some reason about the frogs. Guess I'm just tired at the moment. laughing I think I confused everybody with that statement.

Toad has a wicked tongue senator, just like you... or something. stick out tongue shifty That's what she said.

Hah! Well that's good to hear at least. Go Slifer! Slifer would probably be the only dragon I'd like to play if it kept the secondary effect though it's first effect makes it nearly unstoppable, attack wise. Though with having to sacrifice three monsters really turns me off to playing any God card made legal.

Weltall
It was not a simple strategy. It was a simple objective that was achieved through an extremely complex and methodical execution. Chain Destruction does absolutely nothing to prevent the summoning of Exodia; and as for Card Destruction and other such cards, for the most part, we utilised our own custom forbidden and limited card selections, and even when in use, my strategy revolved around survival and being able to draw my cards out at a rate far greater than my opponent. My strategy revolved around the probability of me being able to draw out the Exodia cards not only before my opponent was able to defeat me but also before he could employ such tactics. Having more than one of each Exodia card within the deck also helped.

Kirikaze Fuuma
All Jaden has during the duel is nothing but a pure luck. His deck sux and I've dueled one of my friend who used hero deck(much or less like Jaden's) via YVD (I used my real deck during the duel via YVD) and I beat him easily. Right now he is using ojama deck. no more heroes I guess...

King Kandy
Don't be embarrassed Kento, until Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon came out, frogs were much more playable than dragons were.

Demonic Phoenix

I know, I'm just joking around with him.

Yeah. I think the slightly different trend there is kinda fitting though, since Exodius isn't just a "forbidden one" like Exodia, but an ultimate forbidden lord rather...

Thing is, I don't see Exodius as 'above' Necross and Exodia. Well, maybe he's above Necross, but not Exodia imo.

Although, I guess from one perspective, Exodius is his true form, Exodia the chained form, and Necross the undead form.

Indeed. I find Darkness Dragon relatively easy to summon most of the time anyway though since I have both Red-Eyes Black Dragon and Red-Eyes Black Chick.

You got that strat from Atticus/Nightshroud, admit it stick out tongue. Come to think of it, was REB Chick out before Atticus played him, or after?

Ironically, I have all those cards IRL, but I learned the hard way as to just how close to impossible Shining Dragon is to summon. laughing out loud I kept it in my dragon deck anyway though in case I ever got lucky enough one day to use it in a duel, but I didn't of course.

Hehe, yeah, at least if he had some effect that prevented him from being destroyed easily (by cards such as Lightning Vortex; I already know he can't be destroyed by cards that target), he'd be worth it.

Overall, I'd say Red-Eyes and its variations are better than Blue-Eyes and its variations because although Blue-Eyes is stronger, Red-Eyes is easier to upgrade in general and its alternate forms are just that easier to summon.
As quoted from the first Yu-Gi-Oh movie (from the first anime), Blue-Eyes brings power, whereas Red-Eyes brings potential.

Yep. Though Kaiba sure did know how to use that power of Blue-Eyes. It's why he's above Joey, even though Joey achieved such heights in a short time.

Come to think of it, I wonder how Joey would play if he had all these alternate forms of REBD. All he had was REBD and that "attack" card that dealt direct damage equal to REBD's ATK.

Me too. Of course, Yugi always has one awesome monster/card that he only uses once against a particular opponent (Magician of Black Chaos against Pegasus, Dark Paladin against Kaiba, the magic card Ragnarok against Yami-Marik, and any others I might be missing). Still, the fusion of Dark Magician and Buster Blader was more badass than I ever thought it would be, making it a monster of Yugi's that's definitely worth remembering to say the least.

Buster Blader itself is badass. I remember Yugi using it against Slifer. Man, I thought it was kewl. Then he goes ahead and fuses the ultimate warrior with the ultimate magician. He owned Kaiba with DP (hehe, DP).

Frogs? What the f**k?

Relax, the Yu-Gi-Oh! frogs are cool yes. Des Frog is pretty sweet. D.3.S. Frog is awesome. There is also a reason Treeborn frog is limited despite its low ATK, which bloody sucks for D.3.S.

Like the Egyptian Gods? They'd become as big as (if not bigger than) both the Great Leviathan and Zorc then if that happened. xD

Well, no, I was thinking of a more "real-life" kinda situation, if you get my drift stick out tongue. Kazuki Takahashi would make even moar money stick out tongue.

Still, seeing monsters like Rainbow Neos twice as big as they appeared would be kinda kewl.

Yes he is! estahuh At least, he's my favorite out of the three in terms of coolness, appearance, and as a monster in general.
If you mean game-wise though, then I have to agree about him not being as cool as the other two. sad

Nahhhh. I mean, I love the overall design of the head and everything (though the wings were kinda misplaced imo), but Ra's much cooler in that Phoenix form of his (because I'm biased stick out tongue), and Obelisk's bad-ass appearance in the duel against Yugi made me love the monster.

Sacred Beasts were pretty cool as well. I loved Raviel's and Uria's designs, not Hamon's though.

lol Yeah. That's for sure...

Still, I liked Jaden more than Yugi (not Yami though) as a protagonist for some reason. Guess I just liked Jaden's super laid-back personality. Bad-ass in a way (sleeping in class with painted eyes laughing out loud )

Demonic Phoenix
Yep, yep. I wonder why Red Eyes has so many different forms these days. There's even a Red Eyes Wyvern which lets you summon any Red Eyes.

Because Red-Eyes knows it needs forms to compete with Blue-Eyes...It needs like 4 forms for every 1 form of Blue-Eyes stick out tongue.

Well they got effects that can allow to swarm the field, and I only really mean in Yugioh. Maybe should have went with my Harpie's instead of my frogs. embarrasment

Don't worry. Fraggin' frogs are pretty cool in their own way. Treeborn is super awesome. D.3.S. frog may look fat, but he can amp his ATK upto 4000. Though right now it's 3000 because of Treeborn's status.

Queen Harpy is the only hawt harpy imo. The rest are just bleh stick out tongue.

stick out tongue A real man.

Then your definition of a 'Real Man' is wrong stick out tongue

Might be out in Japan, but it's not coming here with the January issue of Shonen Jump. lol Well Obelisk is the least broken of all the gods, Ra the most. I think I'd see a Slifer before Ra since at least Slifer probably wouldn't be tournament banned right off the bat.

I dunno, Obelisk can wipe out the whole field with two sacrifices and deal 4000 points of damage (or infinite damage, I forget).

Ra's effects are weird tbh, but yeah, he's broken. Though I don't think he's above the other two. That hierarchy thing was just a plot point so that Yami Marik had an advantage as opposed to being at a great disadvantage; since he was the villain and everything.

laughing Don't have enough heroes for a hero deck. I have Zombies/King of Skull Servant deck, a remove from play deck, a stall deck, A Harpie Deck (that I'm missing two Harpie Queens for), a water deck, a frog deck, and one other deck I forget.

You should build a Fire Deck. With Cards like Solar Flare Dragon (at least 2), Ultimate Baseball Kid, Raging Flame Sprite, Flame Ruler, Infernal Flame Emperor, even Lava Golem perhaps (along with something like Gravity Bind or Level Limit Area B)

Kento
I officially hate Gladiator Beast now. lol

Don't be embarrassed Kento, until Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon came out, frogs were much more playable than dragons were. lol I'm not. I just decided to use frogs because nobody I have seen ever played them, and I had a lot of frog cards and it's like..these would make a great deck. I've had to fine tune it over time though it's finally able to work.

Because Red-Eyes knows it needs forms to compete with Blue-Eyes...It needs like 4 forms for every 1 form of Blue-Eyes stick out tongue. So, Red Eyes still needs like what 8 forms? lol

Don't worry. Fraggin' frogs are pretty cool in their own way. Treeborn is super awesome. D.3.S. frog may look fat, but he can amp his ATK upto 4000. Though right now it's 3000 because of Treeborn's status. Yea, though I've never actually gotten D.3.S Frog out..I either loose or win before then because of Unifrog, and Wetlands.

Queen Harpy is the only hawt harpy imo. The rest are just bleh stick out tongue. Don't disrespect the Harpie's. stick out tongue Cyber Harpie is the best.

Then your definition of a 'Real Man' is wrong stick out tongue Your just jealous.

I dunno, Obelisk can wipe out the whole field with two sacrifices and deal 4000 points of damage (or infinite damage, I forget).

Ra's effects are weird tbh, but yeah, he's broken. Though I don't think he's above the other two. That hierarchy thing was just a plot point so that Yami Marik had an advantage as opposed to being at a great disadvantage; since he was the villain and everything. Well not the legal one. It can't attack after it clears the field, and deals no damage for clearing it. But it's still got the whole, nothing can destroy it except a higher attack.

Paying life points to make Ra even stronger, plus already being a stronger Maju Garzette or whatever right there I think makes it stronger, and then if it keeps it's phoenix mode (which I doubt) then even more so. I mean Obelisk I've always considered the weaker because of it's attack is set at 4000, and it's effect needs other things. Slifer just depends on the hand, and Ra has all the abilities it has. Add to the fact they can't be destroyed by effect, traps, or magic cards, and well they all are broken just to higher degrees.

You should build a Fire Deck. With Cards like Solar Flare Dragon (at least 2), Ultimate Baseball Kid, Raging Flame Sprite, Flame Ruler, Infernal Flame Emperor, even Lava Golem perhaps (along with something like Gravity Bind or Level Limit Area B) Yea I had one, not sure why I took it apart. I use to run a Warrior deck at one time, switched to Machine at one time, then to Dragon, then to Fire, and then went to Water and Wind, kept them but kept improving them, and then went with King of Skull Servant main deck. Not sure I have Infernal Flame Emperor.

Ridley_Prime
laughing I think I confused everybody with that statement.
Heh. I suppose that makes me feel a little better then.

shifty That's what she said.
laughing out loud

Slifer would probably be the only dragon I'd like to play if it kept the secondary effect though it's first effect makes it nearly unstoppable, attack wise. Though with having to sacrifice three monsters really turns me off to playing any God card made legal.
You has good taste then. Guess I can't blame you on that last part though.

Although, I guess from one perspective, Exodius is his true form, Exodia the chained form, and Necross the undead form.
Yeah, that's like exactly what I meant. thumb up Just I said it in different words.

You got that strat from Atticus/Nightshroud, admit it stick out tongue.
Well of course I did. That method's quite common, though has worked well for me nonetheless in most duels.

Come to think of it, was REB Chick out before Atticus played him, or after?
I forget now to be honest. stick out tongue

Hehe, yeah, at least if he had some effect that prevented him from being destroyed easily (by cards such as Lightning Vortex; I already know he can't be destroyed by cards that target), he'd be worth it.
Yeah... =(

Yep. Though Kaiba sure did know how to use that power of Blue-Eyes. It's why he's above Joey, even though Joey achieved such heights in a short time.

Come to think of it, I wonder how Joey would play if he had all these alternate forms of REBD. All he had was REBD and that "attack" card that dealt direct damage equal to REBD's ATK.
If Joey had all the alternate forms of REBD, I have zero doubt that he would whoop Kaiba's ass somehow (in addition to Gilford the Lightening and his other strong cards) if they actually had a 3rd duel, unless he were to fall for the Crush Card thing again. D:

Buster Blader itself is badass. I remember Yugi using it against Slifer. Man, I thought it was kewl. Then he goes ahead and fuses the ultimate warrior with the ultimate magician. He owned Kaiba with DP (hehe, DP).
lol

Well, no, I was thinking of a more "real-life" kinda situation, if you get my drift. Kazuki Takahashi would make even moar money.

Still, seeing monsters like Rainbow Neos twice as big as they appeared would be kinda kewl.
Haha, indeed. Now I see where you're coming from.

Nahhhh. I mean, I love the overall design of the head and everything (though the wings were kinda misplaced imo), but Ra's much cooler in that Phoenix form of his (because I'm biased)
Heh. I forgot Slifer even had wings. Never really paid attention to those, but yeah. It was the overall design of his head and everything that made me like him most. Plus, red being my favorite color.

While the phoenix mode is cool, Ra itself is sort of overrated IMO, as a character/monster in general.

and Obelisk's bad-ass appearance in the duel against Yugi made me love the monster.

Sacred Beasts were pretty cool as well. I loved Raviel's and Uria's designs, not Hamon's though.
Obelisk's cool too, but ironically, I thought he looked best when he was under the influence of the Orichalcos, with that green aura surrounding him (also increasing his attack points by 500, making him as strong as Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon).

TmyfUYHyj1Y

Makes me wish they had shown an Orichalcos version of Slifer and Ra too (or Phoenix Ra + Orichalcos laughing ), but oh well. Orichalcos Obelisk seemed to give the person using him quite a headache anyway. stick out tongue

I completely agree about the Sacred Beasts on the other hand (not liking Hamon's design either), but that goes without saying.

Still, I liked Jaden more than Yugi (not Yami though) as a protagonist for some reason. Guess I just liked Jaden's super laid-back personality. Bad-ass in a way (sleeping in class with painted eyes laughing out loud )
The laid-back personality made me not like him as much ermm, but to each his own.

Kento
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime Heh. I suppose that makes me feel a little better then. laughing

You has good taste then. Guess I can't blame you on that last part though.
Yea, I mean I guess depending on the deck and player it may be easy enough to get three cards to sacrifice but eh tributing isn't my style. lol

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime Plus, red being my favorite color. You just became ten times cooler. laughing

psycho gundam
Ra's effects are weird tbh, but yeah, he's broken. Though I don't think he's above the other two. That hierarchy thing was just a plot point so that Yami Marik had an advantage as opposed to being at a great disadvantage; since he was the villain and everything. i think it was supposedly better since it can be summoned to the field in phoenix mode.

King Kandy
I officially hate Gladiator Beast now. lol

They are awesome. They require more skill than any other highly-competitive decktype... like the opposite of (ugh) lightsworns. I love using them so much... even more than blackwings.

Of course, my heart will always belong to plants.

Kento
They are awesome. They require more skill than any other highly-competitive decktype... like the opposite of (ugh) lightsworns. I love using them so much... even more than blackwings.

Of course, my heart will always belong to plants. lol Today was like the first day I ever played a Gladiator Beast deck, and I was just like '..........' as the guy kept summoning thing after thing. I'd have a high defense face down, he'd attack, then get hit for damage, then trade out for one that destroyed monsters when special summoned, and it was just a total beat down.

Really plants? That's something I never seen used. I know somebody is making an insect deck, which is also something I haven't seen anybody play.

psycho gundam
insects usually have special summoning effects.

pinch hopper = cheap

anteatereatingant is such a badass name, almost as cool as gogiga gagagigo

Kento
ianteatereatingant is such a badass name, I like using that card, just in a normal deck.
almost as cool as gogiga gagagigo lol Yea, that's just a mouthful that I have never even began to try saying, though I did use it today when a guy was complaining how his deck sucks because his friend built it, and gave him five dollars to play it but it had very few monsters, and I worked it just fine. Even beating some girl's dragon deck.

King Kandy
lol Today was like the first day I ever played a Gladiator Beast deck, and I was just like '..........' as the guy kept summoning thing after thing. I'd have a high defense face down, he'd attack, then get hit for damage, then trade out for one that destroyed monsters when special summoned, and it was just a total beat down.

Really plants? That's something I never seen used. I know somebody is making an insect deck, which is also something I haven't seen anybody play.
Yeah you can't play a defensive game vs. GBs, you have to be an even more aggressive and faster player than they are. Because if you ever allow them to get an attack in, everything's going to work for them. But the downside is, they're really easy to side against.

Plants are awesome. Check out lonefire blossom, he's like the most broken support ever.

Weltall
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=519920&from=thread&pagenumber=5#post12345511

Guys, this boy ArtificialGlory's talking shit about our favorite game. We need to all team up and do something about it.

Kento
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=519920&from=thread&pagenumber=5#post12345511

Guys, this boy ArtificialGlory's talking shit about our favorite game. We need to all team up and do something about it. People have their own opinion.

Yeah you can't play a defensive game vs. GBs, you have to be an even more aggressive and faster player than they are. Because if you ever allow them to get an attack in, everything's going to work for them. But the downside is, they're really easy to side against.

Plants are awesome. Check out lonefire blossom, he's like the most broken support ever. Figured that out the hard way lol. Yea I should probably run a side deck. But it's hard enough to just choose 40 cards for me, I'm not sure I could choose which to replace with one of the side deck cards quickly. lol

It is, but not as much as Substitoad.

King Kandy
Figured that out the hard way lol. Yea I should probably run a side deck. But it's hard enough to just choose 40 cards for me, I'm not sure I could choose which to replace with one of the side deck cards quickly. lol

It is, but not as much as Substitoad.
Mirror of Oaths, GB Hunter, Royal Oppression and Skill Drain are all capable of single-handedly destroying a GB deck... particularly the latter two.

It's worse. Substitoad is tough, but he can't bring out monstrosities like this:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gigaplant

or even this:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Tytannial,_Princess_of_Camellias

Kento
Mirror of Oaths, GB Hunter, Royal Oppression and Skill Drain are all capable of single-handedly destroying a GB deck... particularly the latter two.

It's worse. Substitoad is tough, but he can't bring out monstrosities like this:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gigaplant

or even this:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Tytannial,_Princess_of_Camellias Yea, but I don't run any of those cards. Skill Drain destroys me completely also in most decks so.

They each have their own thing. One gets high attack monsters out quickly, the other swarms the field quicker.

Demonic Phoenix
i think it was supposedly better since it can be summoned to the field in phoenix mode.

Didn't Marik say that Slifer's and Obelisk's effects would not work on Ra as he was 'above' them?

EDIT: That hierarchy thing was in the manga only.

Demonic Phoenix
So, Red Eyes still needs like what 8 forms? lol

Damn right it does stick out tongue.

Your just jealous.

LIES!

Well not the legal one. It can't attack after it clears the field, and deals no damage for clearing it. But it's still got the whole, nothing can destroy it except a higher attack.

Paying life points to make Ra even stronger, plus already being a stronger Maju Garzette or whatever right there I think makes it stronger, and then if it keeps it's phoenix mode (which I doubt) then even more so. I mean Obelisk I've always considered the weaker because of it's attack is set at 4000, and it's effect needs other things. Slifer just depends on the hand, and Ra has all the abilities it has. Add to the fact they can't be destroyed by effect, traps, or magic cards, and well they all are broken just to higher degrees.

Of course not. Obelisk wouldn't be released unless it were toned down. If the other two are released, they'll be toned down as well.

Slifer will probably lose his second mouth effect, while having his ATK depend upon the number of cards in the hand. Or he'll keep the second mouth effect and have 4000 ATK/DEF stick out tongue.
Ra will lose the whole Phoenix Mode thing, along with his Maju Garzette ability. IMO, he should start off at 4000 ATK/DEF, just like Hamon. His unique ability will allow him to increase his ATK/DEF by how many LP the controller gives up (for one turn stick out tongue).

Obelisk can destroy all monsters AND deal 4000/Infinite damage. Imo, that's better (in a way) than the Ra Phoenix mode ability bro stick out tongue.
Slifer's strength is also its weakness though. More often than not, players will have less than 4 cards anyway. Besides, ATK isn't everything these days.
Ra is Ra stick out tongue. Without Phoenix mode, it's lesser than the other two in terms of powerful effects, but potentially better in ATK.

Demonic Phoenix

If Joey had all the alternate forms of REBD, I have zero doubt that he would whoop Kaiba's ass somehow (in addition to Gilford the Lightening and his other strong cards) if they actually had a 3rd duel, unless he were to fall for the Crush Card thing again. D:

He'd whoop Yugi too, though in GX times, they've (K&Y) have probably gotten better cards and strats so it's up to speculation I guess.

Heh. I forgot Slifer even had wings. Never really paid attention to those, but yeah. It was the overall design of his head and everything that made me like him most. Plus, red being my favorite color.

While the phoenix mode is cool, Ra itself is sort of overrated IMO, as a character/monster in general.

Ahh right, Blue is my favorite color, with Red being second. Since I like Phoenixes (no duh!), I'm pretty much torn between all three stick out tongue. Though yeah, Obelisk is my favorite, followed by Ra's Phoenix form and Slifer.

True. If they'd made Ra have only the Phoenix form, it would have been better imo.

Obelisk's cool too, but ironically, I thought he looked best when he was under the influence of the Orichalcos, with that green aura surrounding him (also increasing his attack points by 500, making him as strong as Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon).

TmyfUYHyj1Y

Makes me wish they had shown an Orichalcos version of Slifer and Ra too (or Phoenix Ra + Orichalcos laughing ), but oh well. Orichalcos Obelisk seemed to give the person using him quite a headache anyway. stick out tongue

To each his own.

Phoenix Ra would nevar succumb to the likes of the Orichalcos stick out tongue. Ra and Slifer would though.

I completely agree about the Sacred Beasts on the other hand (not liking Hamon's design either), but that goes without saying.

True enough. Uria for the most part looked better than Slifer imo stick out tongue, except for the mouth of course. A mouth within a mouth sick.

The laid-back personality made me not like him as much ermm, but to each his own.

I'm laid-back myself, and I found his laid-back personality to be quite cool, so yeah stick out tongue

King Kandy
Yea, but I don't run any of those cards. Skill Drain destroys me completely also in most decks so.

They each have their own thing. One gets high attack monsters out quickly, the other swarms the field quicker.
MY point is, maybe you should be running them in the side deck.

I don't see how substitoad swarms the field faster. They have the same effect except Substitoad has the "not destroyed by battle" part, and isn't once per turn. But that doesn't matter in terms of actually getting more monsters on the field.

What's your deck nowadays? I could make some suggestions if I have a list.

Kento
Damn right it does stick out tongue. They better get to work on poor old Red Eyes then. lol And not make any more Blue Eyes.

LIES! laughing

Of course not. Obelisk wouldn't be released unless it were toned down. If the other two are released, they'll be toned down as well.

Slifer will probably lose his second mouth effect, while having his ATK depend upon the number of cards in the hand. Or he'll keep the second mouth effect and have 4000 ATK/DEF stick out tongue.
Ra will lose the whole Phoenix Mode thing, along with his Maju Garzette ability. IMO, he should start off at 4000 ATK/DEF, just like Hamon. His unique ability will allow him to increase his ATK/DEF by how many LP the controller gives up (for one turn stick out tongue).

Obelisk can destroy all monsters AND deal 4000/Infinite damage. Imo, that's better (in a way) than the Ra Phoenix mode ability bro stick out tongue.
Slifer's strength is also its weakness though. More often than not, players will have less than 4 cards anyway. Besides, ATK isn't everything these days.
Ra is Ra stick out tongue. Without Phoenix mode, it's lesser than the other two in terms of powerful effects, but potentially better in ATK. lol True this I guess. Though I think the fact that Maju Garzette, and Muka Muka are already cards Slifer and Ra will keep those effects. Would probably loose the rest. And with the god cards attack really is everything since they are not affected by anything. lol

MY point is, maybe you should be running them in the side deck.

I don't see how substitoad swarms the field faster. They have the same effect except Substitoad has the "not destroyed by battle" part, and isn't once per turn. But that doesn't matter in terms of actually getting more monsters on the field.

What's your deck nowadays? I could make some suggestions if I have a list. Side decking it would be pointless on like just about any of my decks though except perhaps one. All my cards are based around low level effect monsters usually.

With scapegoat you can summon four frogs at once at most. And have three Unifrogs with Wetlands on the field, and even just summon a beezle frog you can destroy three magic/trap cards and deal 4800 direct damage in one turn if they have a monster. 6900 plus whatever substitoad is if you can get them without any monster or any magic/traps to stop attacks.

Frog deck?

Fusion - D.3.S Frog

Monsters
Nightmare Penguin
2 Star Boy
2 Alantean Pikeman
3 Des Frog
3 T.A.D.P.O.L.E.
3 Beezle Frog
1 Dupe Frog
3 Unifrog
Familiar Possessed - Eria
Psychic Kappa
Dark Mimic LV1
Barrier Statue Of The Torrent
Gilasaurus
Treeborn Frog
Ooguchi

Magic
2 Wetlands
Scapegoat
Field Barrier
Terraforming
Swords of Revealing Light
Polymerization
Des Croaking
Level Limit - Area B
Fissure
Mystical Space Typhoon
Mage Power
Axe Of Despair

Traps
Trap Hole
Bottomless Trap Hole
Sakuretsu Armor
Xing Zhen Hu
Call Of The Haunted

King Kandy
Well I can definitely see why you would have lost to GBs then. I'll give it a second lookover later and suggest some changes.

Kento
lol That's not the one that lost to GB. That was some new deck I built that just involved mostly lvl 1-2 monsters than can attack directly and gravity bind/level limit area b

psycho gundam

Frog deck?

Fusion - D.3.S Frog

Monsters
Nightmare Penguin
2 Star Boy
2 Alantean Pikeman
3 Des Frog
3 T.A.D.P.O.L.E.
3 Beezle Frog
1 Dupe Frog
3 Unifrog
Familiar Possessed - Eria
Psychic Kappa
Dark Mimic LV1
Barrier Statue Of The Torrent
Gilasaurus
Treeborn Frog
Ooguchi

Magic
2 Wetlands
Scapegoat
Field Barrier
Terraforming
Swords of Revealing Light
Polymerization
Des Croaking
Level Limit - Area B
Fissure
Mystical Space Typhoon
Mage Power
Axe Of Despair

Traps
Trap Hole
Bottomless Trap Hole
Sakuretsu Armor
Xing Zhen Hu
Call Of The Haunted makes sense, but i'd put a gravity bind in there.

Kento
makes sense, but i'd put a gravity bind in there. sad The only two gravity binds I have are in my Zombie Deck, and my deck that has Raging Flame Sprite and other low level attack directly monsters. I really need to see if I can find another one at the card place the tournaments take place

Ridley_Prime
Yea, I mean I guess depending on the deck and player it may be easy enough to get three cards to sacrifice but eh tributing isn't my style. lol
Yeah. It's not that many people's style anymore from what I've seen (nowadays), so the feeling's mutual. stick out tongue

You just became ten times cooler. laughing
woot So I guess that's your favorite color too then huh? Nice. thumb up

He'd whoop Yugi too, though in GX times, they've (K&Y) have probably gotten better cards and strats so it's up to speculation I guess.
Yeah. True that..

Ahh right, Blue is my favorite color, with Red being second. Since I like Phoenixes (no duh!), I'm pretty much torn between all three. Though yeah, Obelisk is my favorite, followed by Ra's Phoenix form and Slifer.

True. If they'd made Ra have only the Phoenix form, it would have been better imo.
Fair 'nuff.

And yeah, I agree about Ra. To be honest, he easily looks to be the most bland out of the three when you put Phoenix mode aside. That's why I agree that he should've had Phoenix mode only.

To each his own.

Phoenix Ra would nevar succumb to the likes of the Orichalcos stick out tongue. Ra and Slifer would though.
Eh, I guess you got a point there. I was mainly speaking in terms of what-if anyhow.

True enough. Uria for the most part looked better than Slifer imo stick out tongue, except for the mouth of course. A mouth within a mouth sick.
The mouth within a mouth looked rather natural on Slifer though. Dunno how to explain it.. But while on the subject of Slifer, I also like how he selflessly used himself as a shield to protect the people/villagers/whatever from Bakura's shadow monster before Zorc came and all that. The thing could hardly take it. sad

I'm laid-back myself, and I found his laid-back personality to be quite cool, so yeah stick out tongue
lol Guess that explains it.

Kento
Yeah. It's not that many people's style anymore from what I've seen (nowadays), so the feeling's mutual. stick out tongue
Hahaha could have a point I don't really remember many tribute summons going on with the better players more just special summoning of high monsters. stick out tongue But I guess I should say high lvl monsters aren't my thing. Though I am trying to see if I can do a beatdown deck that involves Light of Intervention with Final Attack Order...hmm Skill Drain would probably go nice in that deck also.

woot So I guess that's your favorite color too then huh? Nice. thumb up
thumbs_up Yep, it is.

Overdose
red eyes black dragon.

XanatosForever
I have a whole mess of older generation cards, so I took them and built three themed decks, just for fun, of Warrior/Beast-Warrior, Earth attribute, and Spellcaster/Fiend. The S/F deck is more or less my main right now, and I have fun with it. One of my favorite things to do is pull out Goblin King and equip it with Ring of Magnetism when I have another Fiend on the field. Doesn't usually last, but it's fun all the same. XD

Endless Mike
Probably Obelisk, I just think he looks cool

psycho gundam
hyabusa knight was pretty useful, add big bang shot and/or mage power/united we stand/, inst-rape card.

King Kandy
hyabusa knight was pretty useful, add big bang shot and/or mage power/united we stand/, inst-rape card.
If you think he's awesome, check out armed samurai Ben-kei.

Kento
If you think he's awesome, check out armed samurai Ben-kei. Yea that card is a beast if equipped enough and with the right cards.

King Kandy
Took GBs to a tourney yesterday and got annihilated.

Kento
Wow what happened? Fight a skill drain deck or what?

King Kandy
Lost to lightsworn and oppression monarchs... dumb LS, GBs just don't hold up like they used to.

psycho gundam
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2501/armedsamuraibenkeidr3en.jpg

that's sooo easily exploitable, that has to be super limited.

that +

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5881/magepowersdscenc1e.png

Kento
Lost to lightsworn and oppression monarchs... dumb LS, GBs just don't hold up like they used to. Lightsworn are really that good? I've never actually seen one played though some kid is trying to get my Honest to make one.

that's sooo easily exploitable, that has to be super limited.
Nope, I don't think it's limited at all. Three of them can be used I'm pretty sure

Though with all the things like sakuretsu armor and everything it's not that cheap of a card anymore.

King Kandy
Lightsworn are really that good? I've never actually seen one played though some kid is trying to get my Honest to make one.
They are ridiculously good and eat GBs for breakfast. Mostly because Judgment Dragon, their boss monsters, is easily the most broken card in the game that isn't banned.

Might as well trade an honest, it's going to be reprinted soon. But be careful as it is valued at over $50.

Kento
Might as well trade an honest, it's going to be reprinted soon. But be careful as it is valued at over $50. Yea, a mirror force isn't worth a Ghost Rare Honest though which is all he was trying to trade me.

King Kandy
Keep the Honest then. THREE Mirror forces would be barely worth a ghost rare honest.

Ridley_Prime
Never had Mirror Force IRL myself, so I always used Mirror Wall as the next best thing, which has worked quite well for me in the past too.

Endless Mike
Lightsworn sucks. Gravekeeper's servant + needle worm + cemetary bomb destroys it.

Demonic Phoenix
They better get to work on poor old Red Eyes then. lol And not make any more Blue Eyes.

True enough. I wonder if we'll have a pure REBD fusion. We have a pure Cyber Dragon fusion for crying out loud mmm.

lol True this I guess. Though I think the fact that Maju Garzette, and Muka Muka are already cards Slifer and Ra will keep those effects. Would probably loose the rest. And with the god cards attack really is everything since they are not affected by anything. lol

Hehe, true. Nevertheless, potentially, they can also have low ATK. With Obelisk, it is always high ATK, relatively speaking stick out tongue.
Spells and traps still affect them, just for one turn though, or something like that.

Lightsworn are really that good? I've never actually seen one played though some kid is trying to get my Honest to make one.

Judgement Dragon.
Also, Monarchs rule! Geddit stick out tongue? Srsly though, they do.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Lightsworn sucks. Gravekeeper's servant + needle worm + cemetary bomb destroys it.
1x JD or 1x Celestia destroys that.

1 card>3 cards.

Demonic Phoenix

Fair 'nuff.

And yeah, I agree about Ra. To be honest, he easily looks to be the most bland out of the three when you put Phoenix mode aside. That's why I agree that he should've had Phoenix mode only.

Hehe, that must mean that Ra is too bland.

The mouth within a mouth looked rather natural on Slifer though. Dunno how to explain it.. But while on the subject of Slifer, I also like how he selflessly used himself as a shield to protect the people/villagers/whatever from Bakura's shadow monster before Zorc came and all that. The thing could hardly take it. sad

I dunno, I guess I thought it wasn't as good as Slifer's version.
Wait a mo', it's not a mouth within a mouth, it's just one set of teeth outside the mouth, I think laughing out loud.

Poor poor Slifer.

Ridley_Prime
Hehe, that must mean that Ra is too bland.
Pretty much. He still made an awesome entrance when coming out of his sphere though (both anime-wise and game-wise), but outside of phoenix mode, he just.. doesn't look that visually appealing to me, as a creature/dragon/duel monster in general.

I dunno, I guess I thought it wasn't as good as Slifer's version.
Wait a mo', it's not a mouth within a mouth, it's just one set of teeth outside the mouth, I think laughing out loud.
Hmm, you might be right.

Poor poor Slifer.
Indeed. D: I think I might watch that episode again sometime for nostalgia's sake.

Kento
Never had Mirror Force IRL myself, so I always used Mirror Wall as the next best thing, which has worked quite well for me in the past too. I've always just prefered Magic Cylinder. Might not destroy anything but it hurts them. Wall of Revealing Light has become a new favorite also. Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
True enough. I wonder if we'll have a pure REBD fusion. We have a pure Cyber Dragon fusion for crying out loud mmm. That be cool. Give people a new reason to run the original Red Eyes.

Hehe, true. Nevertheless, potentially, they can also have low ATK. With Obelisk, it is always high ATK, relatively speaking stick out tongue.
Spells and traps still affect them, just for one turn though, or something like that. The new card says they cannot be targeted by the effects or spells, traps, or effects, and their summon cannot be negated. I wonder, Bottomless Trap Hole doesn't target or negate would that be a card that works against it? And any other card you can use against dragons while Lord of D/King Dragun is on the field?

Judgement Dragon.
Also, Monarchs rule! Geddit stick out tongue? Srsly though, they do. lol yea I know Judgement Dragon just didn't know Lightsworn themselves were any good. I've never bothered with them.

I'm in the midst of trying to make a Fortune Lady deck. And to get cards to make my friends machine deck better. I just don't know what I need for it yet. lol

Demonic Phoenix
Pretty much. He still made an awesome entrance when coming out of his sphere though (both anime-wise and game-wise), but outside of phoenix mode, he just.. doesn't look that visually appealing to me, as a creature/dragon/duel monster in general.

All too True. He's gold though stick out tongue.

Hmm, you might be right.

I am right, dammit stick out tongue. Seriously though, the first set of teeth looks like it is fused to the second, inner set.

Indeed. D: I think I might watch that episode again sometime for nostalgia's sake.

Sweet. I'm watching Duelist Kingdom for Nostalgia's sake. Yami sounds ghey, but on the whole, it is pretty cool to watch. Perhaps they tried to make the game realistic in the sense that physics and stuff applied (Swords of revealing light holding up a castle >__&gtwink

Demonic Phoenix

The new card says they cannot be targeted by the effects or spells, traps, or effects, and their summon cannot be negated. I wonder, Bottomless Trap Hole doesn't target or negate would that be a card that works against it? And any other card you can use against dragons while Lord of D/King Dragun is on the field?

Are we talking about the God cards in the anime, or the effect versions IRL? Coz I think the anime God Cards could be affected by spells and such, but just for one turn.

The Normal summon of Obelisk cannot be negated. Also, no card can be activated in response to the normal summon; so no, Bottomless Trap Hole can't be used in that scenario. It can be used if Obelisk is Special Summoned though.

Yeah, any effect, spell or trap that does not target can be used against Obelisk (game) or Dragons while Lord of D./King Dragun is on the field.
So Raigeki, Lightning Vortex, Skill Drain and even Judgement Dragon's effect can all work.
You could use Skill Drain, and then use a trap, spell or effect that targets on Obelisk.

lol yea I know Judgement Dragon just didn't know Lightsworn themselves were any good. I've never bothered with them.

I'm in the midst of trying to make a Fortune Lady deck. And to get cards to make my friends machine deck better. I just don't know what I need for it yet. lol

Well, they're good I guess, some are really good. JD is what makes them great though.

No idea on how to work with Fortune Ladies, sorry. Look online, maybe there's some help or tips, don't copy though, that's just wrong stick out tongue

Kento
Are we talking about the God cards in the anime, or the effect versions IRL? Coz I think the anime God Cards could be affected by spells and such, but just for one turn.

The Normal summon of Obelisk cannot be negated. Also, no card can be activated in response to the normal summon; so no, Bottomless Trap Hole can't be used in that scenario. It can be used if Obelisk is Special Summoned though.

Yeah, any effect, spell or trap that does not target can be used against Obelisk (game) or Dragons while Lord of D./King Dragun is on the field.
So Raigeki, Lightning Vortex, Skill Drain and even Judgement Dragon's effect can all work.
You could use Skill Drain, and then use a trap, spell or effect that targets on Obelisk. lol I was just talking in game not anime.

Well, they're good I guess, some are really good. JD is what makes them great though.

No idea on how to work with Fortune Ladies, sorry. Look online, maybe there's some help or tips, don't copy though, that's just wrong stick out tongue lol I got my Fortune Lady deck I just need the few remaining Fortune Lady cards, and multiplies of what I have. Two more Synchro Boosts would be great to.

I was talking about Machine cards. I've never been a fan of them so I don't really know what there is besides Cyber Dragon, and Chimeratech Overdragon.

Demonic Phoenix
lol I was just talking in game not anime.

lol I got my Fortune Lady deck I just need the few remaining Fortune Lady cards, and multiplies of what I have. Two more Synchro Boosts would be great to.

I was talking about Machine cards. I've never been a fan of them so I don't really know what there is besides Cyber Dragon, and Chimeratech Overdragon.

What game?

Machine cards? Well, there is Jinzo and his support stick out tongue. The Gadgets, the Ancient Gear series, Cyber Dragon/Dark, Limiter Removal, Power Bond, Vehicroids (Syrus', one of my fave archetypes) and the Allies of Justice (Catastor in particular is teh shit). That's all that comes to my mind.

Kento
What game?

Machine cards? Well, there is Jinzo and his support stick out tongue. The Gadgets, the Ancient Gear series, Cyber Dragon/Dark, Limiter Removal, Power Bond, Vehicroids (Syrus', one of my fave archetypes) and the Allies of Justice (Catastor in particular is teh shit). That's all that comes to my mind. lol the card game. But you sorta already answered it so.

Hmm that reminds me, I need to check and see if I have amplifier. lol I sorta have a mix of all that in the deck, as I don't have enough of one type. 'Cept no idea what Allies of Justice cards are, and the gadgets I just don't have. It's suppose to be a Chimeratech deck, and I had a lot of little cards like heavy mech platform or whatever, and jinzo 7, and steel scorpion to be just dumped into the grave with future fusion, and then destroy future fusion and bring out overload fusion. But it falls short when the cards he gets instead in his hands end up being those cards instead of Jinzo, and Steamroid, and Cyber Dragon, and whatever else is in there.

Ridley_Prime
I've always just prefered Magic Cylinder. Might not destroy anything but it hurts them. Wall of Revealing Light has become a new favorite also.
Oh yeah. That's good too I'll admit.

I am right, dammit stick out tongue. Seriously though, the first set of teeth looks like it is fused to the second, inner set.
Yeah, I guess that's true.

Sweet. I'm watching Duelist Kingdom for Nostalgia's sake. Yami sounds ghey, but on the whole, it is pretty cool to watch. Perhaps they tried to make the game realistic in the sense that physics and stuff applied (Swords of revealing light holding up a castle >__&gtwink
Ghey? But he was voiced by Dan Green. =(

As for that last bit though, I believe that's correct. Pretty much the whole reason KaibaCorp made teh virtual technology and holograms for Duel Monsters to begin with, to add more realism to it such as those details you mentioned.

King Kandy
lol yea I know Judgement Dragon just didn't know Lightsworn themselves were any good. I've never bothered with them.

LS would still be a great deck without judgment dragon. Just not a top deck at the highest level.

Kento
So Kandy, do you think me trading Honest for United We Stand was a bad trade or not?

King Kandy
Awful. Just checking ebay shows me that Honest is worth at least five times as much.

Kento
Hm..wow it is..

Not even getting metal raiders Barrel Dragon by trading the tin version of Red Dragon archfiend makes up for that.

King Kandy
Yeah, not even close.

Maybe you can idk, trade a stardust for a judgment dragon to some idiot. That would make up for it.

Personally, I always consult ebay before trading anything important.

Kento
Well, most of my trades usually consist of something I want/need not much else. Guess I should start to pay more attention. Wonder what other trades I've made that were as bad if I have.

Demonic Phoenix

Ghey? But he was voiced by Dan Green. =(

As for that last bit though, I believe that's correct. Pretty much the whole reason KaibaCorp made teh virtual technology and holograms for Duel Monsters to begin with, to add more realism to it such as those details you mentioned.

He sounds good post-Duelist Kingdom. During Duelist Kingdom, the voice sounds ghey.

No, not the holograms and stuff. What I meant was that the game was more like a actual battle between summoned monsters with the environment and other structures being a huge factor (e.g. monsters on land not being able to attack monsters underwater). Whereas post-DK, it was instead like the Yu-Gi-Oh! Card game we have right now.

Ridley_Prime
He sounds good post-Duelist Kingdom. During Duelist Kingdom, the voice sounds ghey.

No, not the holograms and stuff. What I meant was that the game was more like a actual battle between summoned monsters with the environment and other structures being a huge factor (e.g. monsters on land not being able to attack monsters underwater). Whereas post-DK, it was instead like the Yu-Gi-Oh! Card game we have right now.
Oh.. Good point. Heh.

And I don't really remember Yami-Yugi's voice during Duelist Kingdom as opposed to the other seasons, so I guess I'll take your word for it.

Demonic Phoenix
Oh.. Good point. Heh.

And I don't really remember Yami-Yugi's voice during Duelist Kingdom as opposed to the other seasons, so I guess I'll take your word for it.

Wise choice stick out tongue.

~ Who here likes the Five Dragons? I think they're going to reveal the 5th one soon. Blackfeather Dragon I think. That's the name of the cover card of Shining Darkness, and Crow's new dragon. Though given that the 5th doesn't look Black or has feathers, BFD might not be the 5th.

I have a little gripe with the Attribute of Red Archfiend and Black Rose Dragon. The former shoulda been Fire, and the latter, Earth. Ancient Fairy looks more like a Water element Dragon, though I suppose Stardust should have been Water, as he looks icy and all.

Kento
<.< If you're talking about the show, I haven't kept up with anything past the original. Though I always keep thinking Stardust should be Light not Wind.

psycho gundam
Who here likes the Five Dragons they weren't that great, the god cards still kick their ass.

still can't get over dartz's deck.....so cheap

King Kandy
<.< If you're talking about the show, I haven't kept up with anything past the original. Though I always keep thinking Stardust should be Light not Wind.
Lord no. We have enough light and dark cards, we need more of the other elements.

Kento
Lord no. We have enough light and dark cards, we need more of the other elements. I phrased that wrong. I'm not saying it needs to be. Just that when I hear its name I keep thinking it's light not wind even though I know it's wind. Ya know? Yes, that probably sounds very strange I know.

Demonic Phoenix
they weren't that great, the god cards still kick their ass.

still can't get over dartz's deck.....so cheap

Course, not even Exodia is as good as the God Cards in terms of coolness and bad-assery.

Orichalcos was the cheapest card ever made.

You haven't watched GX? Fiend stick out tongue.
What about the monsters themselves?

Also, nahh, Stardust looks icy in the show, I'd rather he be Water than Wind. Ancient Fairy Dragon is already Light.

Lord no. We have enough light and dark cards, we need more of the other elements.
Truth.

Kento
You haven't watched GX? Fiend stick out tongue.
What about the monsters themselves?

Also, nahh, Stardust looks icy in the show, I'd rather he be Water than Wind. Ancient Fairy Dragon is already Light.
. Don't really like them at all. Mainly cause they are synchro monsters, and then being dragons don't help. laughing So they kinda are two for two. Red Dragon Archfiend is probably the only one I'd ever use though if I was asked which I would even though Stardust is my favorite element in Yugioh...cause of Harpie's.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix Orichalcos was the cheapest card ever made.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Golden_Castle_of_Stromberg

King Kandy
All that is is a slow and expensive dark hole.

This is the cheapest card ever, and has the benefit of actually being real:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Exchange_of_the_Spirit

Kento
Yea, I hated Exchange of the Spirit when it wasn't banned.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Endless Mike
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Golden_Castle_of_Stromberg

Most of those effects were just put in by Sigfried. It's cheap, but imo, not cheaper than the Seal of Orichalcos.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Exchange_of_the_Spirit

Apparently, SoO exists. It just wasn't released to the public.

Don't really like them at all. Mainly cause they are synchro monsters, and then being dragons don't help. laughing So they kinda are two for two. Red Dragon Archfiend is probably the only one I'd ever use though if I was asked which I would even though Stardust is my favorite element in Yugioh...cause of Harpie's.
Fair enough.

You like wind simply because of the Harpies? You must love the Harpies a lot stick out tongue

Kento
You like wind simply because of the Harpies? You must love the Harpies a lot stick out tongue There so many of them. lol Cyber, Queen, Girl, Lady, 1-3, Pet Dragon, Baby Dragon. How could I not. laughing

psycho gundam

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Exchange_of_the_Spirit geez.... all one would have to do is make sure to send a monster(s) that gains power from cards in the graveyard before you activate that card.

Demonic Phoenix
Necrovalley shits on Exchange of the Spirit though >__>.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>