Who would be hardest to extract info from?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
All of the following heroes have been captured. Who would be the hardest to break mentally?

Punisher

Batman

Captain America

Wolverine

Iron Fist

galactusischere
Batman and Cap

Philosophía
Batman.

psycho gundam
wolverine (and not because he was mind-wiped several times)

darthgoober
Realistically it should be Wolverine. I could see any of these guys dying before voluntarily cracking under interogation, but Wolverine's got good tp resistance and his healing factor should be able to handle things like truth serium so he'd be resistant even to things that should be able to affect the others. After him would come Iron Fist(who could use his chi to help him resist tose things but is behind Wolverine featwise in this department), then Cap(who's immune to many drugs), then Bats, then Punisher.

Starscream M
Originally posted by darthgoober
Realistically it should be Wolverine. I could see any of these guys dying before voluntarily cracking under interogation, but Wolverine's got good tp resistance and his healing factor should be able to handle things like truth serium so he'd be resistant even to things that should be able to affect the others. After him would come Iron Fist(who could use his chi to help him resist tose things but is behind Wolverine featwise in this department), then Cap(who's immune to many drugs), then Bats, then Punisher. well if you die, then technically you win this contest since its impossible to extract info from you

darthgoober
Originally posted by Starscream M
well if you die, then technically you win this contest since its impossible to extract info from you
Just because you break because of something like tp or a truth serum doesn't make you less broken though. If you're only talking about mundane methods then it'd be a tie between everyone but (possibly) Wolverine since his healing factor could keep him alive and allow for serious the punishment to go on for years if necessary.

Mindship
Wolverine.

Finally, a thread where this can be a serious answer.

Omega Vision
Batman. He actually created a split personality in case anyone mind****ed him. The guy probably prepares for interrogation by torturing himself in every way possible. I can just imagine Superman asking him how its like to be tortured and Batman calmly giving answers for each type.
Supes: Waterboarding?
Batman: Poor-man's Chinese water torture.
Supes: Electricution to the testicles?
Batman: loses its effectiveness after the first jolt.
Supes: Bamboo fibers under your fingernails?
Batman: That's a bad one but you just have to remind yourself that there's no permanent damage. Also it helps that I can shut down pain receptors in any part of my body at will.
Supes: How about those scars on your back Bruce?
Batman: That was Wonder Woman. *makes a cat-claw gesture and smirks*

KuRuPT Thanosi
Batman

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Batman. He actually created a split personality in case anyone mind****ed him. The guy probably prepares for interrogation by torturing himself in every way possible. I can just imagine Superman asking him how its like to be tortured and Batman calmly giving answers for each type.
Supes: Waterboarding?
Batman: Poor-man's Chinese water torture.
Supes: Electricution to the testicles?
Batman: loses its effectiveness after the first jolt.
Supes: Bamboo fibers under your fingernails?
Batman: That's a bad one but you just have to remind yourself that there's no permanent damage. Also it helps that I can shut down pain receptors in any part of my body at will.
Supes: How about those scars on your back Bruce?
Batman: That was Wonder Woman. *makes a cat-claw gesture and smirks* that's exaggerating it a little huh?

for one, water boarding is pretty much an atrocity these days since it induces the bodies response to being drowned...over and over again. if the interrogator is pro, they could prolong the torture without actually drowning the person which is really bad since they'd be losing oxygen to the brain without totally passing away.

bruce for sure has never been water-boarded, he still has his identity intact and his brain isn't damaged.

Hewhoknowsall
I wouldn't be surprised if Batman had some sort of backup plan in the case that he gets captured/tortured/interrogated such as a device that he can activate a will that shuts down his pain receptors.

Lord Feron
Doom... ****, even as a prisoner in hell they couldn't even make him even show pain.

And I don't care if he isn't here. stick out tongue

Anway think everyone does pretty damn good except for IF. Maybe Batman and Cap do a bit better than most.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
I wouldn't be surprised if Batman had some sort of backup plan in the case that he gets captured/tortured/interrogated such as a device that he can activate a will that shuts down his pain receptors. he could do it with sheer skill.

but how useful will that be if he gets car battery acid slowly poured from his legs up to his chest if he doesn't talk? cap and all them included. (just imagine the joy of torturing a hero, they'd get really creative)

his career will be over

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Doom... ****, even as a prisoner in hell they couldn't even make him even show pain.

And I don't care if he isn't here. stick out tongue

Anway think everyone does pretty damn good except for IF. Maybe Batman and Cap do a bit better than most.
I'll bet Doom responds well to sweet-talk and seduction. Get a hot girl to compliment him on his shiny armor and ask to explain his latest plan to "KILL THAT ACCURSED REED RICHARDS!!!!!!!"(TM) and he'll sing. I agree torture won't work, he'd probably willfully shut down his body and commit suicide before cracking.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'll bet Doom responds well to sweet-talk and seduction. Get a hot girl to compliment him on his shiny armor and ask to explain his latest plan to "KILL THAT ACCURSED REED RICHARDS!!!!!!!"(TM) and he'll sing. I agree torture won't work, he'd probably willfully shut down his body and commit suicide before cracking.

That ho morgan le fay comes to mind.... yeah.. they totally banged big grin

xJLxKing
Bat

redhotrash
I'd assume any of them would die first.

Omega Vision
Wolverine isn't going to die. Which is exactly why he'll crack first. He has pretty good HF so his interrogators aren't going to pull out any stops while torturing him. They don't have to worry about him dying on them.

redhotrash
Really depends too i guess on who is trying to break them. Like Mephisto or Loki could probably break any of them mentally using images of Punisher's family being gunned down, Robin dying, Captain America thinking Bucky died in the war, or any of Wolverine's 15+ dead fiancees or wives. I guess in that sense Iron Fist would have the best chance since hes the least mentally damaged one going into it.

psycho gundam
he survived the adamantium bonding process, like twice. (and magneto taking it out), it gets a little hard to find things to really get him to crack.

kevin mctaggart could mess him up though....

redhotrash
Its not about physically breaking them, its mental. Wolverine carries the most baggage out of any of them, and thus is the most exploitable.

Omega Vision
I agree. Just keep showing him vivid illusions of all his various dead lovers and eventually he'll break.

psycho gundam
that goes for all of them though :/

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by redhotrash
Really depends too i guess on who is trying to break them. Like Mephisto or Loki could probably break any of them mentally using images of Punisher's family being gunned down, Robin dying, Captain America thinking Bucky died in the war, or any of Wolverine's 15+ dead fiancees or wives. I guess in that sense Iron Fist would have the best chance since hes the least mentally damaged one going into it.

I don't think his family getting gunned down would help break Frank. It would prolly just motivate him more.

But hell, after the last issue of Punisher, I really doubt it, as Frank literally killed his family all over again.

redhotrash
Well, Punisher is a hard one. Vietnam flashbacks maybe? Really hard to break a guy who simply doesnt care. He'd probably bite his own tongue off and bleed to death when he felt himself slipping. Even Batman is vulnerable to his family's death.

FOOM
It's mute.

Not one of these characters would ever give up life threatening information regardless of the amount of torture or assurance of death.

h1a8
Originally posted by Starscream M
All of the following heroes have been captured. Who would be the hardest to break mentally?

Punisher

Batman

Captain America

Wolverine

Iron Fist

If a loved one is used to help break them then Punisher wins.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Mindship
Wolverine.

Finally, a thread where this can be a serious answer.
Nothing will get through to him, but I think Punisher would be the same. Both would be able to die without giving up any information.

Master Court
None of these guys would ever break. Even the worst interrogation would be a walk in the park.

Punisher probably learns to like it.
Batman just waits it out.
Captain America hums something from the And Justice For All album.
Wolverine pops a lit stogie from his mouth. They take it away, but he just pops out another one, bigger and cheaper than the last.
Iron Fist does Yoga in his mind, and thinks he's getting a f*cking massage or something.

It's not like these guys are sissies. There are people who simply don't break. Especially in a world where you're allowed to take leaps and bounds beyond the limits of normal men. So, basically, these guys all tie. For one to be the hardest, all but one would have to give information of some kind, and none of them ever would. I really really can't see four out of these five guys giving intel to the badguys.

Tie tie tie!

Vote YES to proposition TIE!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.