Tactical Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindship
Pick any power fighter (eg, Superman) and any tactical fighter (eg, Captain America). Explain how the power fighter would benefit from training or strategic advisement from the tactical fighter. They're not fighting as a team. The power fighter is on his/her own once actual fighting begins.

Merlyn
During "Superman/Batman", we got to actually see what a tactical fighter (Batman) could do with the abilities of a power fighter (Superman).

Good issue, IIRC.

Mindship
Public Enemies is terrific. But remember, there they were fighting as a team. For this thread, Superman wouldn't even have the benefit of a throatmike.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindship
Public Enemies is terrific. But remember, there they were fighting as a team. For this thread, Superman wouldn't even have the benefit of a throatmike. I think he may have been talking about the 'superbat' arc of S/B

that's the only story where batman was actually endowed the powers of superman he proceeded to own the JLA as though they were nothing, etc.

at any rate, a power fighter would fair much better in a given battle with additional tactical knowledge.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindship
Pick any power fighter (eg, Superman) and any tactical fighter (eg, Captain America). Explain how the power fighter would benefit from training or strategic advisement from the tactical fighter. They're not fighting as a team. The power fighter is on his/her own once actual fighting begins.

Superman is BOTH. erm

The Nuul
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman is BOTH. erm

But not like Supes and CAP.

Supes is not on the same level as Cap for tactics.

Mindship
Originally posted by Galan007
I think he may have been talking about the 'superbat' arc of S/B

that's the only story where batman was actually given the powers of superman he proceeded to own the JLA as though they were nothing, etc. Wow. I'd like to get a hold of that.

In any event: there, the tactical fighter received power.
This thread is sort of the opposite.

-Pr-
Originally posted by The Nuul
But not like Supes and CAP.

Supes is not on the same level as Cap for tactics.

supes is not like supes?

as in tactical planning? no.

but in a fight, actually fighting intelligently and not being an idiot with your own skillset? Superman is as good as most.

Kris Blaze
Superman is as good as most.
Not compared to Chris Kent and the future Superman in All-Star.

Digi
Anyone
Midnighter

Kris Blaze
Any comic book character
Any comic book nerd

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Not compared to Chris Kent and the future Superman in All-Star.

based on what? they have barely any feats, if any at all.

Kris Blaze
based on what? they have barely any feats, if any at all.
And among those feats is the ability to absorb radiation strong enough to knock out two Supermen within minutes, GRAB a hold of light vision and so on. Future All Star Superman had developed telepathy among other things. Though I guess this speaks much more about potential than tactical power.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
And among those feats is the ability to absorb radiation strong enough to knock out two Supermen within minutes, GRAB a hold of light vision and so on. Future All Star Superman had developed telepathy among other things. Though I guess this speaks much more about potential than tactical power.

that's not tactical use of powers. that's evolution/potential, as you said at the end.

Kris Blaze
that's not tactical use of powers. that's evolution/potential, as you said at the end.
Yeah, my bad.

WickedDynamite
Tactical Fighter: Lady Shiva
Tactical Power: Captain Marvel

If those two ever have a baby....OUCH!

manjaro
actually superman is the illest tactician out....the simple fact that he has yet to kill a motherf ****er in battle despite his enormous power is testament to that. as was seen when he went against Manchester Black and the rest of the Elite.....and he took them all down with superspeed...and he was able to disable MB by using micro bursts of heat and laser visions thru his retinas to give him a concussion, thus neutralizing the powers of one of the most powerful TP/TK in DC earth..period

there are shit loads of other intances i could name

outavodka
TF: Deathstroke
TP: Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.