Dr. Manhattan runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
He has knowledge of his opponents and their strengths and weaknesses before going into battle. How far does the good doctor get?
1) Trion Juggernaut
2) Silver Surfer
3) Thanos
4) Pre-Crisis Superman
5) PC Darkseid
6) Galactus (average)
7) Spectre (average)
8) Saint of Killers
9) Living Tribunal

galactusischere
He aint clearing it. Stops at 5.

Omega Vision
I know he doesn't stand a chance of clearing it. I just want to know how high up people think Dr Manhattan is on the cosmic pecking order.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I know he doesn't stand a chance of clearing it. I just want to know how high up people think Dr Manhattan is on the cosmic pecking order.
BTW Trion Juggs should be after Surfer and Thanos above Pre-crisis supes if your list is supposed to be in order.

Batman-Prime
1-3 shouldn't be a problem

4 Stalemate

Omega Vision
Originally posted by galactusischere
BTW Trion Juggs should be after Surfer and Thanos above Pre-crisis supes if your list is supposed to be in order.
I don't see Thanos being above PC Supes.

Batman-Prime
I don't see Thanos being above PC Supes.

No one without DC hate does ^^

galactusischere
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
No one without DC hate does ^^
I don't hate supes or DC.. I just hate the Supes that goes "Oops I snooze and destroyed an entire solar system".

Batman-Prime
I don't hate supes or DC.. I just hate the Supes that goes "Oops I snooze and destroyed an entire solar system".

So Thanos could replicate this feat, or other Pc-Supes high end feats? If you don't hate him, how can you, even though you know of his feats, place Thanos above him? no expression

galactusischere
So Thanos could replicate this feat, or other Pc-Supes high end feats? If you don't hate him, how can you, even though you know of his feats, place Thanos above him? no expression
Knocking Galactus on his ass>sneezing and destroying a solar system.
Thanos has also taken point blank shots from an enraged surfer without a scratch..

xJLxKing
If BFR allowed? If so, he'd go a nice distance

Bouboumaster
Stop cold at 2.

guy222
Wat is so special about the blue guy?

Help Guy222

Omega Vision
Thanos has also taken point blank shots from an enraged surfer without a scratch..
Knocking a weakened Galactus back and doing no real damage? PC Supes would probably punch the Big G through his World Ship. He wouldn't do any damage but he could easily "move" Galactus. Moving Galactus is what it amounts to.
And Surfer isn't even close to PC Superman in terms of strength.

Wei Phoenix
No it's not.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
No it's not.
Galactus can destroy solar systems with thoughts...

Omega Vision
Galactus can destroy solar systems with thoughts...
That's not the point. What Thanos did amounted to nothing more than moving Galactus (a weakened Galactus) a relatively short distance. It's a wanked feat that means next to nothing.

galactusischere
That's not the point. What Thanos did amounted to nothing more than moving Galactus (a weakened Galactus) a relatively short distance. It's a wanked feat that means next to nothing.
He didn't hurt Galactus, true. But managed to send Galactus half a planet away(not short) and knocked his helmet off.
He wasn't THAT hungry either

Omega Vision
He didn't hurt Galactus, true. But managed to send Galactus half a planet away(not short) and knocked his helmet off.
He wasn't THAT hungry either
But you agree that PC Superman could toss Galactus a much farther distance don't you?

galactusischere
But you agree that PC Superman could toss Galactus a much farther distance don't you?
Without any damage but yea he could send Galactus flying further.
Here is how I see it..
PC supes>>Thanos in strenght
Thanos>>Durability(focefield that Galactus couldn't breach with one powerful blast)
Thanos>>>>>>Supes in intelligence
Thanos has energy blasts and such as well while Supes has his ice breath and heat vision that can come in handy.

Batman-Prime
Here is how I see it..
Thanos>>Durability(focefield that Galactus couldn't breach with one powerful blast)
Thanos has energy blasts and such as well while Supes has his ice breath and heat vision that can come in handy.

Here how I see it

PC Supes >>>>> Thanos in strenght
PC Supes >>> Thanos in Durability
PC Supes >>> Thanos in Int

Omega Vision
Here is how I see it..
PC Kryptonians were unimaginably intelligent to the point where a lot of the time it seemed Superman just let Batman feel like he was smart even though Clark was the smarter of the two.
And shields are tech based, that's not considered durability. Thanos's raw durability isn't at Clark's level.

galactusischere
PC Kryptonians were unimaginably intelligent to the point where a lot of the time it seemed Superman just let Batman feel like he was smart even though Clark was the smarter of the two.
And shields are tech based, that's not considered durability. Thanos's raw durability isn't at Clark's level.
No one in comics short of abstracts is more intelligent than Thanos.
Not Doom, not Batman, not Richards, not Brainiac not anyone.

Batman-Prime

no expression

Ever heard of Pc Supermans superpower of Superintelligence?

PC Superman was just an bullshit char, he even had Super-ventriloquism..... You can't compare him to "normal" Superheroes or Villains. He is like Bugs Bunny or other toons.

galactusischere
no expression

Ever heard of Pc Supermans superpower of Superintelligence?
Which is no match for Thanos's.

Batman-Prime
Which is no match for Thanos's.

It's you opinion. Nothing more. smile

Omega Vision
Brainiac 5 would make Thanos look like a simpleton.

Batman-Prime

More like an chimp

galactusischere
Uh huh..
thats why Braniac 5 has reached godhood two times?

Omega Vision
Uh huh..
The Marvel Universe just has a lot more poorly guarded artifacts that offer ultimate power. Brainiac 5 was wise enough to avoid using the Miracle Machine because he realized it was too much power.

BattleMage
Stalemate's 1

xJLxKing
Uh huh..
What items in DC allow such power? There are only 2, or 3. Not easy to gain. Besides that, Braniac had his powerful era's

Omega Vision
Originally posted by BattleMage
Stalemate's 1
What makes you say that? He could take apart Juggs atom by atom.

id369
Stops at 2.

Omega Vision
What's the Silver Surfer going to do to him?

galactusischere
Here how I see it

PC Supes >>> Thanos in Int
LOL
this is VERY VERY VERY wrong.

galactusischere
The Marvel Universe just has a lot more poorly guarded artifacts that offer ultimate power. Brainiac 5 was wise enough to avoid using the Miracle Machine because he realized it was too much power.
TOAA chose Thanos for his unimaginable willpower. He didn't easily gain
THOUTI at all. Brainiac 5 MIGHT have been smarter than Thanos but im 100% sure PC supes wasn't

Omega Vision
TOAA chose Thanos for his unimaginable willpower. He didn't easily gain
THOUTI at all. Brainiac 5 MIGHT have been smarter than Thanos but im 100% sure PC supes wasn't
As the above poster said PC Supes was a Mary Sue who was automatically smarter than everyone else. He was smarter than PC Luthor who was equal or greater to Reed Richards. If there was a problem he solved it by the end of the issue. It made you wonder why Batman even bothered knowing that Superman was strong enough, fast enough, and smart enough to solve any problem, even kryptonite or magic-based problems. The current Superman is much more realistic in terms of intelligence (though he recently re-acquired his eidetic memory)

galactusischere
As the above poster said PC Supes was a Mary Sue who was automatically smarter than everyone else. He was smarter than PC Luthor who was equal or greater to Reed Richards. If there was a problem he solved it by the end of the issue. It made you wonder why Batman even bothered knowing that Superman was strong enough, fast enough, and smart enough to solve any problem, even kryptonite or magic-based problems. The current Superman is much more realistic in terms of intelligence (though he recently re-acquired his eidetic memory)

Like Thanos isn't unimaginably smart?
Thanos has never failed to solve a problem as well...

Omega Vision
Like Thanos isn't unimaginably smart?
Thanos has never failed to solve a problem as well...
He's also managed to lose twice despite recieving ultimate power. I know you'll say "he allowed himself to lose" but no unimaginably smart person would ever give up the Infinity Gauntlet. Nor would they fall in love with an Ice Queen like Death.

Newjak
I don't really see what the DOC will do to Trion's Magical based powers besides possible BFR in some form possibly tho not likely.

He doesn't beat Surfer though regardless.

Omega Vision
Doc could just teleport Trion Juggs into the event-horizon of a suppermassive blackhole.
Same with Silver Surfer.

Newjak
Doc could just teleport Trion Juggs into the event-horizon of a suppermassive blackhole.
Same with Silver Surfer. Trion Juggernaut can bust through dimensional barriers a black hole isn't stopping him.

And Surfer has already fought in a black hole before and been unaffected.

galactusischere
He's also managed to lose twice despite recieving ultimate power. I know you'll say "he allowed himself to lose" but no unimaginably smart person would ever give up the Infinity Gauntlet. Nor would they fall in love with an Ice Queen like Death.
He was in love with Death because "she" was the only one that listened to him(from Thanos's own words). He gave up the Infinity Gauntlet because Death refused to speak to him because of his unimaginable power.

Omega Vision
He was in love with Death because "she" was the only one that listened to him(from Thanos's own words). He gave up the Infinity Gauntlet because Death refused to speak to him because of his unimaginable power.
Yeah see, he's an idiot. He had the power to force her to speak with him. There's a reason Darkseid never got the ALE until Final Crisis, had he possessed it before he wouldn't have lost because he'd never give up power like Thanos does.

galactusischere
Yeah see, he's an idiot. He had the power to force her to speak with him. There's a reason Darkseid never got the ALE until Final Crisis, had he possessed it before he wouldn't have lost because he'd never give up power like Thanos does.
Got nothing to say for that.

iceman24567
2 and beyond fug him up

Galan007
if doctor m gets past #1, he would certainly be stomped at #2.

imo.

AlmightyKfish

No, he gave up the Infinity Gauntlet b/c subconciously he knew he didn't need/deserve it.

Warlock had that rant at him in Strange's house about why he always fails.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
No, he gave up the Infinity Gauntlet b/c subconciously he knew he didn't need/deserve it.

Warlock had that rant at him in Strange's house about why he always fails.
Which was secretly Jim Starlin in disguise telling readers why Thanos would never actually lose.

r0nm0n88
i like how when comparing thanos and supes you guys forgot about speed. Anyway i dont think manhattan can take silver surfer

iceman24567
How when Surfer is just plain better? I have never seen a logically reason to why he would beat Surfer.

Omega Vision
I'm not sure how Surfer could kill Jon.

iceman24567
Dispersing his energies? I don't see how a guy with cosmic awareness and the power cosmic can't put him down.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by iceman24567
Dispersing his energies? I don't see how a guy with cosmic awareness and the power cosmic can't put him down.
I just don't think Manhattan is made of "energy" more like his body is just a physical manifestation, his mental being isn't tangible. Of course its just speculation.

iceman24567
Nah he's energy based

Omega Vision
There's still nothing that can stop Jon from coming back, or making a thousand clones to pummel Silver Surfer or any number of methods.

Doctor-Alvis
I think that was because of magic dust.

iceman24567
Those thousands of clones will just be target practice for Surfer.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I think that was because of magic dust.
Possibly, but it was never stated that the dust being magic had anything to do with it. More likely than not a Kryptonian nose is just that powerful.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by iceman24567
Those thousands of clones will just be target practice for Surfer.
I'm still not seeing Surfer beating Manhattan. At all. Really the only way I can see Manhattan dying is at the hand of a low level Abstract or above, Jon is above Herald level. He's like a much more competent Molecule Man.

iceman24567
He definitely isn't above herald level erm

Omega Vision
Immortality, prescience, super-strength, indestructibility, matter/energy manipulation, transmutation, teleportation, duplication, energy projection. He's got all of Surfer's powers but unlike Surfer he's not a solid, tangible being so much as a mental force that chooses to take the appearance of a nude blue man.

iceman24567
Random powers are hardly impressive without some good feats to match them.

Doctor-Alvis
Immortality, prescience, super-strength, indestructibility, matter/energy manipulation, transmutation, teleportation, duplication, energy projection. He's got all of Surfer's powers but unlike Surfer he's not a solid, tangible being so much as a mental force that chooses to take the appearance of a nude blue man.
Destroy the mind.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Destroy the mind.
Expound on that.

Ambient
With out bfr he stops at 1, otherwise he tops at 2..

id369

Destroys him with cosmic blast.

Bouboumaster

Desintegrate him permanantly. Doc Manhattan is a Silver Surfer Lite.

Xplosive
He ain't beating Trion Juggernaut. And enlighten me; what has Dr. Manhattan done to compete with any of the guy on the list? It's obvious he was more powerful than what he was doing or shown, but also Silver Surfer would be able to do what Dr. Manhattan did with extreme ease.

Jon is above Herald level.

How so?

He's like a much more competent Molecule Man

No.

He stops at 1.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Why are you so dense about this subject. You have been told how many times Galactus WASN'T weak and in fact had just fed. Get this through your head as it seems basic reading comprehension and memory retention don't seem to be your strong suits.

He doesn't make it past SS imo and certainly stops cold at Thanos. What exactly is he going to do to Thanos again?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Galan007
if doctor m gets past #1, he would certainly be stomped at #2.

imo. thumb up

Wait Wait Galan we forgot that Doc is like a "God" to humans, Immortality, prescience, super-strength, indestructibility, matter/energy manipulation, transmutation, teleportation, duplication, energy projection Surely his hyperbole carries the day and the clears it no? eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.