JEDI VS. SITH - ERENGARD - Sith Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

REXXXX

REXXXX

REXXXX

Peach
Manifest Destiny and in private, please!

Vilani is pacing back and forth, simply because she can, while watching the others with distrust. She says nothing for the moment, curious as to what they're needed for, but not enough to listen to anyone else's ideas or assumptions.

General Kaliero
I will use Dreams, in private.

Tchai sits impatiently at the table in the briefing room, drumming his clawed fingers on its surface. "If we must be gathered like this, the least our Lord could do is be prompt," he says to no one in particular, absently preening his vibrant plumage.

Vera21
Jarku sits by the table of the waiting area, having dragged the chair a short distance from it and seated herself. She examines each of the Sith gathered here and begins to judge how capable they appear to be. She has draped her outer cloak over the back of the chair and sits with one legged crossed over the other, her arms folded.

"Our time is not a concern to him," Jarku comments on Tchai's impatience. "We do his bidding, he does not do ours."

Peach
"For now..." Vilani mutters quietly, as she continues her pacing in circles. She doesn't quite hide the fact that she believes that she should be the one in charge, not Darth Ruin nor Darth Mengl.

Vera21
Jarku shifts her gaze to Vilani. She admires the powerful emotions that can be sensed radiating from the paralyzed woman, how every motion is forced and requires much concentration... but she finds the fact that Tchai and Vilani are married to be extremely distasteful. A hinderance in their pursuit of power.

"For now," Jarku repeats. "He is just one man, after all. A powerful man, but just one."

General Kaliero
Tchai smirks at Vilani's comment. "Quite true..." he extends a hand to her. "Come, sit and rest your legs."

Jarku's minor annoyance fails to concern him. Yet another humble follower... at least they would know their place beneath him, in time. "If he is but one man, why do you consent to follow him?"

Craft
Foresight in private please!

Lykro remains silent, twitching continuously in his seat. He jerks his head to Jarku, curious to see her answer to Tchai's question.

Peach
Vilani glares briefly at Tchai's suggestion, before taking the seat next to his. "I don't need you to look out for me, you know that..." she says quietly in Ayrou while making herself comfortable.

"And yes...just one man," she says, flicking her gaze over to Jarku. "And many a powerful man has come to an...unfortunate end..."

Vera21
"Power trickles downward," Jarku says. She thinks of the responsibilities that Darth Ruin has delegated to her in regards to her own people, marking her above all Vudans, but she does not speak it. "Powerful men allow others to share in that power, so long as it means that more power is made. Eventually Ruin will meet his end... but right now, I am rather comfortable with the situation."

Peach
"Those at the top only allow enough power to 'trickle down', as you put it, to be sure that those followers they pick up aren't quite so...rough about the edges, as they may have initially been," Vilani replies, a bit snidely. "They only seem to be allowing others to share in their power...but in reality, he cares very little for any of us here. Only advancing himself."

General Kaliero
Tchai lets out a short warbling scream, his race's version of a derisive snort. "We saw much the same in the Jedi, you know. Anyone in power who claims to give power to others is simply lying." He clenches his thin fingers into a fist. "The only true power is that which you take by force."

Peach
"And just be careful," Vilani adds. "The moment you become a liability, you'll be tossed aside for someone better. Another thing that we also saw amongst the Jedi..."

Vera21
Jarku catches Vilani's snide comment about her primitive nature but does not let it bother her. She reserves her anger for more important matters, and this is not something she deems important.

"Of course it will only advance their own power," Jarku says. "I'm not stupid. But where would I be if I didn't get a taste of that power? Stuck in a mindless war. Now I have aim and more power than I could have imagined. It will only grow from there."

General Zink
"What's all this talk, then?" asks Eldros Bayld as he shows up late to the party, having received his summons while taking his starfighter for a test run after recent modifications. "Regular Sithy bickering, sounds like. How very uninteresting."

Wearing an outfit reminiscent of World War I fighter pilots, complete with flight jacket and goggles over his head, Eldros kicks up his boots and plants them on the table. His blaster is in a holster below his armpit, same with his lightsabers.

"What do we think the Darth wants us here for?" Eldros asks. "Ideas, anyone? Or would we prefer to keep nitpicking each other, just like we're stereotyped to?"

General Kaliero
Tchai eyes Eldros with distaste, running fingers through his plumage again. "What does Darth Ruin usually want? We're pushing at the Republic, taking them world by world. This must be a particularly interesting world. If not... being here is pointless."

Peach
"And it had better not be pointless," Vilani adds, idly tapping her fingers on the arm of her chair.

General Zink
Eldros catches Tchai eyeing him, then responds.

"Something interesting for someone talented, suits me just fine," Eldros says. "Now, see something you like?"

General Kaliero
Originally posted by General Zink
Eldros catches Tchai eyeing him, then responds.

"Something interesting for someone talented, suits me just fine," Eldros says. "Now, see something you like?"
"Sadly, I am failing to find precisely that," Tchai responds casually, examining his claws.

General Zink
"You ARE a married being..." Eldros comments.

Peach
"And just what, praytell, is that meant to mean?" Vilani asks, using the Force to apply a slight grip to Eldros's throat, without moving at all or even interrupting her idle tapping.

General Zink
"Touchy much?" Eldros responds, as he feels a light pressure on his neck, as if someone were squeezing. It is not a sensation he is unfamiliar with, acting the way he does. It is, however, slightly unnerving that Vilani does not so much as move to apply it. "Don't worry, birdie, I'm not stealing your man... er... bird. Not yet."

General Kaliero
Tchai leans over, running his fingertips up Vilani's neck to her chin. "Never you mind the fool, my dear... You're my only mistress..."

Peach
"You can be quite distracting when you want to be..." Vilani comments back, tightening her grip on Eldros momentarily before letting go. "And I am tiring of waiting here."

Craft
"Obviously not an important meeting if they're making us wait so long," Lykro says, finally speaking up. "I'm beginning to wonder if there is even any point in attending."

Tptmanno1
Standing in the corner is Von Tremarke. Dressed sharply he wears a tan suit, lightly pinstriped with vest and matching tie. He leans on a brown wooden walking stick and is holding a glass of dark purple wine, and exquisite vintage from the plains of Itransan. He takes a small sip, and savors the sweet but nutty flavors while casually observing the petty bickering going on within the room.

REXXXX
It is at this point that the heavy stone door leading into the briefing room begins to grind open slowly. Dust is displaced from the ceiling by the vibrations it causes with its sliding against other surfaces. You sense very quickly that it is being moved by the Force, rather than by mechanics.

"Come in," comes a throaty voice from within the room.

When you enter, you are presented with Darth Ruin's briefing room. It has the appearance of an ovular lecture hall, with ascending rows of stone seating encircling the center floor. Installed in the dead center of the room, and providing the only source of light in this darkened chamber, is a holoprojector, currently displaying a map of the Galaxy in scintillating red holograms.

Beside the projector is, of course, the Dark Lord of the Sith. Darth Ruin looks gaunt and pale even in the lively red glow, his skin taught and his eyes sunken; being an Umbaran, this is natural for him. Beneath his black cloak he glares at you all with eyes that dimly glow a sickly yellow, over a beaked nose. A metal gorget cups his chin and conceals his throat, and many leather straps and chains hang about his tunic beneath his Sith robes.

"I sense there was some displeasure with your wait," Darth Ruin states.

Peach
"I do not appreciate my time being wasted, O Dark Lord," Vilani responds with heavy sarcasm on his title and glaring back, as she takes a seat. She holds no respect and nothing but distate and dislike for him.

General Kaliero
Tchai seats himself next to Vilani. "My dear, this may not be the best time." He lowers his voice, speaking in their native language. "Push at him too hard and he will kill you... we need this chance to take power."

Peach
"I am not that easy to kill..." Vilani replies quietly in Ayrou. "And we need to force his hand so that I can destroy him. You know very well I can handle myself."

REXXXX
"I do not appreciate such blatant distaste for my existence," Darth Ruin responds, in Ayrou- a modified version that can be spoken by non-Ayrou. He then returns to Basic. "It is the way of the Sith to lust after power, but you are nowhere near MY level."

He turns away from Vilani and Tchai and looks over the rest of the group.

"Anyone else?"

Bardock42
"What is it you have called us for" Karzor speaks up in his low, but pleasing voice. He has no interest in petty bickering, nor does he care to answer the Sith Lord's question.

Tptmanno1
Sir Von Tremarke walks into the room, leaning heavily on his walking stick, he takes a seat in the middle of the room, and takes another sip from his wine. He looks around the room, and clucks his tongue lightly at the stark darkness. One would think that a Dark Lord of the Sith would hold himself with a little more respect and at least decorate appropriately.

Bardock42
I'd like to use dream without force point, and receive it in PM, if at all. If it is not too late.

Peach
Vilani simply absently runs a hand through her plumage, seemingly completely ignoring Darth Ruin. She clearly disagrees on his opinion of her powers, but now is not the time to contest that fact.

Craft
Jerkily walking into the room and taking a seat, Lykro says nothing to Darth Ruin, feeling that provoking the Sith Lord would be a stupid waste of time at this point. Instead, he turns his sights to the holoprojector, seeing if it has any information on the current state of the Galaxy.

REXXXX
Darth Ruin seems satisfied that none speak save for Karzor.

"I have called you all here because I am in need of men and women of great power and skill," Darth Ruin says. "My Empire has many agents of darkness. Not all can call themselves the elite. They have much to learn... but you have less than they."

Darth Ruin turns and presses a button on the projector. The map of the Galaxy is now criss-crossed with lines of vibrant blue, marking what must be the battle lines where the Empire and Republic are clashing.

"As you know, in the decade since I declared my crusade against the Republic, our forces have been vicious and relentless in their seizure of the Galaxy. The Republic had grown lax since the last strong Dark Lord was destroyed, thinking that they had ended the threat and that the Jedi could finish us off. They could not. Our ways always survive. Because of their laziness and arrogance, their military was unprepared to do battle with us, and in many ways still is. The Senate increased military spending to improve their technology. The Jedi joined in the fighting but their numbers are too few. What the Republic really lacks... is manpower."

The map changes again, zooming in on a specific part of space. It now depicts a constellation.

"I have discovered where they hope to find it. How many of you are familiar with Tasker's Crown?"

Vera21
Jarku does not respond, her knowledge of the Galaxy very limited. She looks about to see who does answer, though.

Peach
So, what does Vilani know about Tasker's Crown, if anything? Her SF score says she should probably know something stick out tongue

Tptmanno1
Von Tremarke speaks up,
His voice is a low Baritone, smooth, infused with the subtle undertone of a man who buys and sells planets on a whim.

"I have indeed done business there. They are a respectable people, with characteristics many seem to lack now. However, they are a bit, Direct."

General Zink
"I think I've heard of 'em," Eldros says. "Militant lot. Not to be trifled with. Pirates I worked with knew not to try taking their chances with raiding THEIR stuff. It would end well for nobody."

General Kaliero
Tchai unfortunately does not know much about Tasker's Crown. He listens to the others while studying the hologram.

REXXXX
Most of you have heard of Tasker's Crown, but for those of you that haven't, Darth Ruin elaborates.

"Tasker's Crown is a constellation within Republic space that houses many worlds, all of which compose a region of fierce warrior people. They are ruled over by the Boyar Aristocracy, of the House of Antanon, which rules over the province of Antanon itself and all subject worlds. The Voivode is the head of that House."

The map begins to cycle through an analysis of each world, briefly flashing the planet before you with a readout before settling on a single planet.

"They have never been on the greatest of terms with the Republic, always having to adapt to this silly excuse of a democracy when their set-up is far more efficient and effective. They respect the chain-of-command, at least, and think that the Supreme Chancellor is part of it. As such, they help the war effort against us.

"Except for one planet. Erengard."

He gestures to the planet on the projector.

"Charnel and Solstheim recently declared their allegiance after negotiations, but Erengard is not moved by Senate diplomacy."

Bardock42
"What is it we are to do there?" Karzor says, repeating his former question once more, slightly irritated that it hasn't been answered immediately.

Peach
"So it would be very useful to sway Erengard to our side..."

REXXXX
"Precisely."

Darth Ruin flips a switch on the projector and it shuts off- dim lighting replaces the red glow, illuminating the ancient stone room.

"The Castellan of Erengard refuses to join the Republic... but he also will not join us. That is a problem. You see, he possesses an impressive military power on Erengard. Their soldiers are amongst the finest int he Galaxy, and with military service mandatory on Erengard, there are a great deal of them. That is either something we can use... or something we need to dispose of."

Bardock42
"Is there a specific way you want us to deal with the situation?"

Vera21
"I am guessing that you want us either to convince Erengard that it should join us for whatever reason, or you want us to kill every living thing on the planet," Jarku says, smiling as she says the last option. She is not even remotely a diplomat, but a killer... that she is good at.

General Zink
Eldros waits to hear what the Darth has planned for Erengard, knowing that he's got something in mind and that they're going to hear it before they leave this room.

General Kaliero
"Yes... such an army must be either ours, or dead."

REXXXX
"Events are already in motion on Erengard," Darth Ruin informs you, Karzor. "I have sent one of my lieutenants to oversee the beginning of my invasion, and his flagship is maintaining a firm blockade around the planet to prevent outside assistance from arriving.

"You see, the Castellan of Erengard, Barkilphedro Pinzot, has been only a hinderance to my plan since I first set my sights on Tasker's Crown. He knows what I intend to do with his army and so will not be swayed.

"I want him dead."

Bardock42
Hearing those words, Karzor can't help but smile a bit. He definitely prefers assassinations to bland political games.

Peach
"Kill the Castellan, is it? I assume we shall be allowed free reign to use whatever methods we see fit to accomplish this..." Vilani says.

REXXXX
"It IS a war," Darth Ruin responds. "Once the Castellan is dead, we will do business with his successor, most likely his son. A younger and more impressionable mind, not so set in its ways, more likely to break..."

Tptmanno1
Von Tremarke stands with great difficulty, leaving his wine behind and making his way down the stairs.

"Such classless brutes. You would march right into the throne room and beat him to death with the first blunt instrument you found. Have some proper self-respect. Everyone has a price, a tipping point. A bought and willful ally is more powerful than one beaten into submission."

Bardock42
"Ruin wants him dead." Karzor replies abruptly. Tremarke's words annoy him, his, in Karzor's opinion unjustified, sense of superiority has bothered him from the first moment they had met.

Tptmanno1
"My hearing is perfectly fine my good sir. The instruction for death was quite clear. However I would have thought you to be more than a simple pawn, fit only to fulfill the every whim of your master but alas, I suppose not."

Vera21
"Killing the Castellan is the will of the Dark Lord," Jarku says, "but if a way could be found to convince the Castellan instead to join us, would the Dark Lord prefer it?"

Jarku thinks of her own experience on Vudes. When Darth Ruin arrived, he did recruit her to become a Sith and to act as a friendly face to her world... but he did not kill the High Priest that rules over all tribes.

Bardock42
"I just do not need to waste time convincing some stubborn man, when cutting his throat is a perfectly fine and quick option, Tremarke. My time is more valuable than that" Karzor responds hiding his anger. One day he would make the bothersome Jedi shut up for good, but not today.

Tptmanno1
Von Tremarke only tuts "Interesting." and returns to his seat.

General Zink
"I mean, if he's not cooperating, surely our Dark Lord has done all he can do without resorting straight to murder," Eldros says, maybe slightly sarcastic in his comment, insinuating that maybe there is more to be done but that the Dark Lord has lost his patience.

Craft
"Do we need to be subtle with this?" Lyrko asks, a sadistic glint in his eye. "Showing the people of Erengard the slow and painful price for disobedience could strengthen our grasp on the planet, perhaps even have an effect on several others... It would also provide us with some quality entertainment." He lets out a squawking laugh, the laughter looking over exaggerated when mixed with his constant twitching and shaking.

Peach
"If it were possible to convince this Castellan, Tremarke, I do believe that it would have been done long ago. No, dead is dead, and dead is what he shall be. Let his people, and the leaders of other worlds, see the price of resisting us. Let them hope that they do not have to pay the same price," Vilani says with a screeching laugh.

"And then we shall be able to put a puppet on the throne, his every move controlled by us. Let this successor of the Castellan believe that we are being merciful to him by sparing his life and allowing him to rule, and thus keep him forever in debt to us. And remind him of what benevolence allows him to rule, and how easily that can be taken away..."

General Zink
"Castellan's got a kid, you say, Darth Ruin?" Eldros asks, for confirmation.

REXXXX
"Sir Tremarke... if you feel that there is something that you can do to encourage the Castellan to change his mind and support the Empire directly, you are welcome to do it." Darth Ruin studies you with his blazing eyes for a moment, luminous in his pale face.

"But unless Sir Tremarke achieves that, I want your superior, Darth Mengl, to report to me that you have slain the Castellan relatively soon."

None of you are particularly excited to hear that Darth Mengl is the lieutenant that Darth Ruin sent to take command of the situation at Erengard. Mengl is not renowned for his combatative capabilities or his strategic prowess; instead, his reputation has been forged by his penchant for combining the darker mysteries of the Force with the advancements of science.

There are legends of beasts and monsters being unleashed by the Sith against their foes, and Darth Mengl has made this a reality by experimenting upon anyone he can get his hands on- enemy troops, his own soldiers, Jedi Knights... and sometimes even other Sith. Rumor has it that Ruin dedicated a few Sith underlings to Mengl's care that have yet reappear.

"It will send a firm message, as Lykro has said, that the Sith will crush all who oppose us on Erengard. Erengardians respect the chain of command... if we remove the head, we can kill the body."

Vera21
Jarku cringes at the thought of working for Darth Mengl. She knows that failure is not met well amongst the Sith, but any failure for her to perform her task while fighting under Mengl will likely result in her mutilated corpse being used to further the man's experimentation.

And yet the prospect of invading this strange new world perplexes her.

"But if the new Castellan does not cooperate?" Jarku asks, just to make sure.

REXXXX
"Then Erengard will be raized completely," Ruin says.

Peach
"I am sure that the example we will make of the current Castellan will be enough to ensure cooperation..." Vilani says, though she greatly dislikes the idea of working under Darth Mengl. However, this may give her a chance to advance herself...

"And when do you want us to leave for Erengard?"

Craft
Lykro smirks a little when Darth Mengl is mentioned. Indiscriminately experimenting on anyone with little to no care about their well being or how much pain they're going through is something Lykro can get behind. Of course, Lykro has no love for the man himself, just the things he does.

"Perhaps we should instead kidnap the Castellan and give him to Darth Mengl as a 'gift'. That would put more fear into the Erengardians," Lykro suggests, almost giddy with the thoughts of what the Darth could put the Castellan through.

REXXXX
"Make use of any connections you may have that will enhance your chances of success on Erengard, then depart tomorrow," Ruin tells you. "Lord Mengl will be reporting to me on the progress of your mission. This war must be won by any means, and if Erengard makes itself our enemy, you will be the ones to wipe it clean.

"But I must ask you one thing... do NOT allow Lord Mengl's research to be interrupted, or interrupt it yourselves. It is integral to my campaign."

Shortly after, Darth Ruin dismisses everyone... with the exception of our Masters, Sir Tremarke and Karzor. The rest of you, he urges, must begin to make your preparations for Erengard. You are all turned out of the briefing room to do so, leaving the Masters alone with the Dark Lord.

"Well now," Ruin says, bearing his teeth in what could be called a pleasant sneer. "You are both men of great power and wisdom, truly experienced in the ways of the Dark Side. I have something special in mind for you both."

Bardock42
"And what is that?" Karzor inquires, as usual in his straightforward way, leaving out any formalities and signs of respect.

General Zink
I would carry out my preparations in secret by I feel like what I've got in mind wouldn't be all that secret anyway.

Eldros is going to make contact with his contact, the Bezerez pirates! Retreating to some sort of communication room, Eldros punches in the signal to make a connection with them and awaits a reply from the pirates.

Vera21
Jarku will take her leave of the Dark Lord and go make contact with her Ally, Kudav, to request his services. After that she'll call in to Vudes and figure out a way that they can lend their assistance to the Dark Lord's important assignment.

Peach
Vilani doesn't have any particular preparations to make, not having any specific allies or contacts.

REXXXX
Jarku- making contact with Vudes is simple. Being a primitive people who rely very little on advanced technology, there is only one communication unit on the planet that is strong enough to receive and send messages across space. It is in possession of the High Vudari, Farkush.

Farkush receives your message. You remember him being proud and fearsome, but now he always appears weary.

"I will inform Kudav of your need for his talents," Farkush says, "but what do you expect of the tribes?"

-

Eldros phones it in to his old buddies amongst the Bezerez. His contact within their ranks is a salty old fighter pilot named Kart.

"What can I do for ya, lad?" he asks, not particularly pleased to be hearing from you.

-

"I desire to use your experiences for the benefit of the next generation of Sith," Darth Ruin informs you, Karzor and Tremarke. "Force-users are an unfortunate rarity in the Galaxy, and it is a waste if they do not receive the cultivation they so dearly require to become vicious and strong in the Force."

Darth Ruin reaches back toward a part of the room. You sense him manipulate the Force, clenching it with his iron mind and making it do his bidding, and a stone slab of a door opens. From within step two young boys, wearing naught but tattered rags.

"These boys are in need of breaking and molding in your image so that they can truly understand the power of the Dark Side and become familiars to it. I hope I will not find you lacking in desire to do so..."

Bardock42
"Ah, very well" Karzor remarks. He had thought of taking an apprentice before. Inspecting for a moment the two boys, he suddenly feels through the force which he is to pick. He points his finger at him and says "You. Come over here. I am Karzor, your new master" with that he turns to Darth Ruin, leaving Tremarke with the other, and continues "I will form this boy into a magnificent weapon for the dark side. Is that all, Ruin?" again leaving out any signs of obedience, as if it had been his idea all along.

Craft
Lykro has nothing to prepare, all he needs is himself, the force and his lightsaber to participate in this mission.

REXXXX
"Not so fast, Karzor..." Darth Ruin says, noting your impatience.

The Dark Lord has a process in mind for who gets which Apprentice, based off of a simple game. He is going to place two stones in either hand- one red, one blue. You will use the Force to determine which hand holds the red stone, pitting your intuition against Darth Ruin's willpower. Whomever guesses correctly gets to choose their Apprentice first...

-

Ralth Bastle

Fitness: Strong
Sensitivity: Weak
Devotion: Good
Discipline: Weak
Introspection: Fair

Dreyd O-Kaldran

Fitness: Weak
Sensitivity: Strong
Devotion: Fair
Discipline: Good
Introspection: Strong

Bardock42
How will that work? Do I say a side or will we throw dice?

REXXXX
Dice-throwing. Whoever gets the higher number of successes out of the two of you will have guessed correctly.

Which one do you think you will want?

Bardock42
Hmm, not sure. Probably O-Kaldran.

Vera21
"I want them to support the Dark Lord's campaign," Jarku says, simply. There is no room for argument and she hopes that Farkush understands.

REXXXX
"In what way do you mean?" Farkush asks, meeting your gaze evenly.

-

The rolls are made for Karzor and Tremarke. Ruin's little game is consider a Medium task, so 5s and 6s are counted as successes.

and both are able to exert enough will through the Force to break through the thin resistance that the Dark Lord is offering, matching at five successes and guessing the correct stone.

"Curious," Ruin comments. "Again, then."

Ruin is raising just how much he is obfuscating your efforts, making it a Hard task, so that only 6s are counted as successes.

Vera21
"I am on a mission for the Dark Lord that requires many soldiers," Jarku tells him. "I want one of the tribes to follow me into combat, to support myself."

Bardock42
Karzor notes Tremarke's power in the force, but is determined to win and tries to increase his will to break through Ruin's.

Btw, does "Charisma" count towards this face off? whistle

General Zink
"That scanner of yours," Eldros says. "I want to use it, if you don't mind me doing so. It's important for my new bosses."

REXXXX
"You think I can just give you one of the tribes?" Farkush says. "That will through our entire culture off-balance, as it was when you destroyed your OWN tribe! Should have thought of that, Jarku. The hunting season is upon us."

-

"Sure thing, pal," Kart says. "What do you want to look for? You know how powerful it is..."

-

It does not. Only the Force.

Tremarke and Karzor concentrate their hardest on the stones hidden within the Dark Lord's hands... but when the two confidently state which hand they believe the stone to be in, Ruin reveals that Karzor has been misled. Tremarke has rolled more successes, and chooses correctly.

"Well, Sir Tremarke, choose your student..." Ruin says, with a grin.

Vera21
Jarku crosses her arms.

"Somehow you think I care. Vudes got on before my tribe was destroyed, and it got on after. It will get on again. Unless you want to pick a tribe to be sacrificed to the Dark Lord as a gift from yours truly, I suggest you select one ripe for battle!"

She will try to intimidate him. He is the leader of his people, but she has greater power than he could ever hope to attain, even with as little hold on the Force as she has.

REXXXX
Jarku is not highly intimidating, but her words carry weight. Surely the Dark Lord would back her on this, and that is what Farkush believes as well.

Looking defeated, Farkush complies.

"I will order the Narvere clan to rendezvous with you on Korriban, before you depart for your mission," Farkush says. "Kudav will lead them to you."

Tptmanno1
I will take O-Kaldran

Bardock42
"You! Come over here" Karzor barks at the other boy, then, turning to Ruin he asks "Is that all?"

General Zink
"Republic fleet activity in Tasker's Crown," Eldros says. "I want to know what we're up against, if anything at all. Scan for 'em and tell me what you find. Also, anythin' else goin' on in that area?"

REXXXX
Tremarke wordlessly selects Dreyd, a scrawny boy in rags with dark hair and pale skin, and Karzor is left with Ralth, a tall kid with a clean-shaven head in tattered pants and a vest.

"Do with them as you please," Ruin says.

Ralth sulks as he comes to Karzor, while Dreyd accepts this with quiet dignity. Both are in the possession of lightsabers- Ralth has two, even.

-

Kart relays that there isn't much to tell; the Republic fleet has been trying to muster up enough strength to break through blockading efforts that have kept them away from Erengard's part of space. So far, the Sith have managed to delay this and break up some of the gathering ships, keeping the Republic on the run.

"I'm picking up a small cluster of ships gathering near Antanon, but it could be unrelated," Kart informs.

Bardock42
"Come with me" he quickly addresses Ralth. Nodding to Tremarke and Ruin before he leaves, making his way to his quarters. On the way there he addresses the sulking boy following him: "How old are you?"

REXXXX
"Fourteen," Ralth answers. "What about you, old man?"

Bardock42
"I am 57." he answers swiftly, ignoring the lack of respect in the young lad, and continuing his questioning he asks "Tell me about yourself"

Edited because for some reason I was under the impression that "sulk" means "cry", how silly.

Tptmanno1
Sir Von Tremarke turns and makes his way out of the room, expecting the boy to follow like a good servant would. Well at least any servant you paid a decent wage, or stole from a reputable slaver.
Out in the hall, away from everyone else he finally turns to the boy.
I have but one rule for you.
"Do exactly what I say, Do only what I say. Anything else will make your life even more miserable than it is now."
He continues walking, then turns again,
"Trust no-one. Not even me. Your trust will be used against you. Keep your feelings, and your ideas to yourself."

He then goes and rejoins the others.

REXXXX
"I am an orphan of the War," Ralth tells Karzor. "My parents were civ casualties. Didn't do anything and got killed anyway. A Sith Lord found me hiding out in the ruins of my home town, took me in for training... and now I'm here. Anything else?"

-

"Yes, Master," Dreyd says to Tremarke, simply. He has very dark eyes that stare accusingly, and he forces a smile in response to what you say.

-

With your information gathered and preparations made, you assemble in a clearing a short distance from the Sith base, outside the tomb of some long-dead sorceror. Because only one of you owns a ship (Eldros' heavy starfighter, Comet's Departure), Darth Ruin provides a lightly-armed shuttlecraft to take to Erengard. None of you know how to operate the damn thing, but it is not a problem. Dreyd, Tremarke's new student, can. Both he and Ralth meet up with you, wearing new Sith tunics in all black. Ralth has abandoned the outer robes, while Dreyd keeps the hood up on his cloak.

Here is where you are also met by the Vudan warriors that fly in to support Jarku in her efforts; a dark people in simple cloth outfits, all carrying knives of different makes and sizes. Kudav, Jarku's Ally, is leading them, and lands one of the few transports that the Vudans possess.

Now is the time to finish up any last minute information-gathering or talk amongst yourselves before Darth Ruin sends you off to start your mission. You also need to pick where you're going for transportation, though your choices are limited.

Vera21
Jarku is going to ride on the Vudan transport, which probably has a very tribal jungle look to it, decorated with war paint and the hull made from a durable wood.

She makes her way over to it and finds Kudav amongst the knife-wielding tribal warriors, who she glares at with hostility. None are of her tribe; none could be but Kudav. So they are her enemies by default, though they must obey her.

"Kudav," Jarku says. "I see that you arrived in one piece. How was your journey to Korriban? I hope getting warriors from Farkush was not too much of a hastle."

Bardock42
Ralth and Kazor will catch a ride with Eldros. They will not trust their lives to Tremarke's apprentice, of all people.

Peach
Vilani will go on Eldros' ship as well. She also does not trust a mere apprentice, less so than she trusts most people.

REXXXX
I believe that Eldros' ship is classified as a Heavy Fighter, meaning it has at most room for one other person besides the pilot.

Bardock42
Well, that counts me out. Is the Vudan transport an option then?

REXXXX
It does.

Bardock42
Okay, we two will go in that then.

Peach
Originally posted by REXXXX
I believe that Eldros' ship is classified as a Heavy Fighter, meaning it has at most room for one other person besides the pilot.

Well, Vilani's not going without Tchai, so I guess that counts that one out.

She'll go on the Sith ship, then, but she's going to make it rather clear that if anything goes wrong at all, she's holding Tremarke accountable for not keeping his apprentice properly under control.

General Zink
I don't want a second seat on my ship anyway. The fighter's modified so that my astromech droid rides just behind me, inside the cockpit, so we can communicate better.

Eldros will have moved his fighter to the meeting point earlier, and climbs up onto it from his sitting position, giving everyone else one last glance.

"Last one to Erengard gets to clean my boots," Eldros taunts. "One for each of the Wynests, am I right?"

Craft
Guess that means Lykro's also riding in the Sith ship. He personally doesn't care who's flying the ship, just as long as they make it to Erengard on time.

Vera21
Jarku has no problem with anyone riding with the Vudans, though she advises that they keep away from her warrior brethren.

General Kaliero
Tchai will, of course, ride with Vilani, the better to tend to her needs.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Vera21
Jarku has no problem with anyone riding with the Vudans, though she advises that they keep away from her warrior brethren.

Karzor will surely take that advise, an early internal struggle would be so bothersome.

What does he know about the Vudan, btw?

REXXXX
"No hassle at all," Kudav replies in a curt manner. "Can we go now?"

Other transports arrive in the area as troops are summoned from all over Korriban, reinforcements to be sent to Erengard with you. However, they do not land.

Eldros, your astromech reports that your ship is ready for take off when you are, communicating via translator screen on your dash.

Bardock42
Karzor, standing near Kudav can only agree. The waiting bores him terribly, but he decides to take the time and speak some more with his new apprentice "We didn't have time to discuss everything earlier, I still need to know more things. Tell me, boy, what training did you receive?"

Vera21
"Yes," Jarku says simply, stepping into the Vudan transport without looking back. She is eager to leave Korriban so that she can begin her efforts to please the Dark Lord with her combat abilities.

General Zink
"Good, thanks, let's go," Eldros replies snappily to his droid. He takes the controls for his fighter and starts the engines, first plugging the repulsorlifts to get it off the ground then the sublight engines to start pushing it into the sky. He avoids the transports and streaks for the sky ahead of the others.

REXXXX
Can I get an official list of who is going where?

Tptmanno1
I'm going with the sith transport.

Bardock42
Ralth and me are going with the Vudan.

Craft
I'll be taking the Sith Transport.

REXXXX
Here I would like to take a quick pause in gameplay, before we move on to Erengard, to coordinate your templates with the new rules that Ush introduced. Is everyone still pleased with their character sheets? If not, PM me the changes you want to make.

REXXXX
My greatest concerns are the Blade and Gun schticks that everyone has. They may combine differently now, and so you might find reason to rethink your chosen schticks.

Bardock42
ALRIGHT!!!! LETS DO THIS!!!!

Meaning, I updated Karzor....

Peach
Don't think there's really anything I want/need to change...so yeah. Let's go stick out tongue

Vera21
Yes, let's go now.

REXXXX
If everyone is set, then yes.

It does not take long to get your ships off of the ground, but it takes a moment to coordinate everyone's flight patterns so that the troop transports follow your lead. Dreyd handles the shuttle just fine, and the Vudan transport lurches into the sky, full to bursting with passengers. But once everyone is arranged, you take your leave of Korriban's atmosphere and kick into hyperspace. The flight will take a full day.

Bardock42
Karzor will spend it getting to know his apprentice better and doing some initial training to test his powers. Perhaps speaking with Jarku a while in between.

REXXXX
You quickly realize that Ralth has limited control of the Force.

"It's not my thing," Ralth says.

Bardock42
"Ah, and what is your thing?" Karzor asks in a slightly condesending tone, finding great amusement in the stubborn manner of his student.

General Kaliero
During the trip Tchai tends to Vilani's needs.

General Zink
Being alone on his ship except for his astromech, Eldros will slip into a meditative trance to keep himself rested for what is to come when they arrive at Erengard.

Peach
Vilani will probably take a nap, and then proceed to do her usual restless pacing.

Vera21
Jarku watches Karzor interrogate his new student, wondering who will be the more powerful in the long run.

REXXXX
"Why don't you find out?" Ralth snaps.

In the time that it takes to reach Erengard, some of you sleep a little more restlessly than others... visions have been received in private, as is the way of the Dark Side. You can choose to share them (or not to).

The navcomps report that you will be coming out of hyperspace shortly.

Peach
Vilani remains a bit apart from the rest on the ship, but stays close to Tchai and quietly shares her vision with him, speaking in Ayrou.

"Fellien will be on Erengard, I am sure of it. The girl would be a Knight by now, after all...though I wonder why they sent her. It is no coincidence, it must be the will of the Force. I shall have her follow me again..." she says with determination.

General Zink
Eldros wakes when his navcomp starts beeping, and he sits up and prepares the ship for its arrival at Erengard.

"Here we are, folks," he says into his headset. "Hate, prep everything, wouldja?" he says to his droid.

General Kaliero
"Your first underling, yes..." Tchai answers in their language. "Soon, we will have power enough that we can strike down all who stand in our path..."

He looks troubled, however. "I too had a vision. The 'White Wolf' is upon me..."

Peach
"The White Wolf? What is that meant to be? I don't believe I've ever heard of any such thing..." Vilani responds, slightly puzzled.

General Kaliero
"I have no idea. I expect we'll find out soon enough..."

Peach
"I expect so, and perhaps it will be something to further our plans..." Vilani says, idly adjusting her plumage.

Craft
Lykro jerks awake and looks warily around the room. "Jedi..." Lykro mutters, clicking his beak.

"It seems this mission may be more... interesting then we originally thought," He says, as he meets up with the other members on board the ship.

Vera21
Jarku tells the pilot to slow up the ship and come in gently, not wanting to alarm the blockade with their approach.

"Send a message ahead to tell the blockade of our arrival," Jarku says.

REXXXX
"We will have to do that once we drop out of hyperspace," he tells you. "Not too experience with spaceflight technology, are you?"

Shortly, your ships drop out of hyperspace on the dark side of the planet, Erengard appearing only as a golden sliver of light in the vastness of space. Jarku's pilot sends the message ahead as instructed as you all begin the slow sublight approach into Erengard's gravity well.

It is quickly responded to by a comm officer.

"This is warship Atrocity, state your purpose," he commands.

Peach
Vilani had been pondering her vision still as they dropped out of hyperspace.

"Looks as though we've finally arrived," she comments to Tchai. "I've always hated travelling..."

General Kaliero
"It's almost over..." Tchai croons to Vilani, stroking her arm, "and then we can begin our rise..."

The Ayrou smiles cruelly, thinking on precisely how best to subjugate this planet.

Peach
"Oh, yes," Vilani replies, leaning slightly against him. "This planet shall only be the beginning..."

General Kaliero
Tchai lets out his short shriek of a laugh, holding his wife. "Indeed. The first step to... galactic rule."

Vera21
"This is Jarku of the Sith taskforce sent to reinforce Darth Mengl," Jarku says, holding down the comm transmission. "Requesting permission to pass the blockade and obtain coordinates for landing at the Sith base."

Jarku tells the pilot to handle verification. Delegation of trivial matters suits her.

REXXXX
"Standby," the comm officer says. A moment later, another voices pipes up.

"This is Fleet Admiral Peguod of Atrocity. Scans confirm your identity. Lord Mengl has asked me to personally welcome you to Erengard. I am sure our campaign will see the total subdual of these arrogant people. I am sending coordinates now."

Some of the troop transports break off to orbit the planet, to the other side where the Sith flagship is situated. You all receive coordinates to a small city in the northern hemisphere, near the polar caps.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>