Superman vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kris Blaze
OWAW Superman.

Kris Blaze
Nobody?

CosmicComet
Superman threads are generally boring to be honest. Hence the lack or response.

He usually either curbstomps the guy, or is matched up with someone who he has no hope against out of spite. There are only a handful of truly even match ups for him, the man in my avatar being the most even.

BattleMage
Thanos

galactusischere
The mad titan

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
OWAW Superman.

With or Without Sundip? Without sundip, Thanos was still crush him. Superman letting loose is only going to get him so far. Thanos doing equally the same route would put Superman down hard. An enraged Surfer only pissed Thanos off without any real affect on him. I don't see how Superman blitzing somebody with greater durability than him is going to do anything but piss Thanos off until Thanos does an omi-directional blast, followed by a telepathic assault, and energized fist pummeling a dazed Supes. This is also assuming Superman can get through the shields while avoid running his face into it like Fallen One.

-Pr-
Current Superman > OWAW Superman, so i dunno why he was picked, tbh... his mentality?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by -Pr-
Current Superman > OWAW Superman, so i dunno why he was picked, tbh... his mentality?

I disagree. OWAW Superman has the Loebforce.

Why do you think Current Supes > OWAW? I haven't seen better feats, to be honest.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I disagree. OWAW Superman has the Loebforce.

Why do you think Current Supes > OWAW? I haven't seen better feats, to be honest.

loebforce?

jeph loeb, up until the mid 2000s, was one of the most respected writers in all of comics. He wrote Hush, Public Enemies, and of course, OWAW; three of the most well loved series for their respective characters. don't pretend that he's the same man now that he was back then.

Spire
Loeb/McGuinness Supes thumb up

Anyways, no one is supposed to take Loeb's Rulk as serious work... right? Loeb is just messing around I mean.... right?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Spire
Loeb/McGuinness Supes thumb up

Anyways, no one is supposed to take Loeb's Rulk as serious work... right? Loeb is just messing around I mean.... right?

the way i see it, he writes comics that his son would have read. which is understandable.

i just take rulk with a pinch of salt. that's what everyone should do, i think.

Batman-Prime
loebforce?

jeph loeb, up until the mid 2000s, was one of the most respected writers in all of comics. He wrote Hush, Public Enemies, and of course, OWAW; three of the most well loved series for their respective characters. don't pretend that he's the same man now that he was back then.

He is the same smile, not a Skrull or something. But I get your point. Though, why do you think that curren't Supes > OWAW? The only Supes comics I buy (abo) are Superman, Superman/Batman and JLA. And I can't remeber him being more impressive since those OWAW (I take on multiple Imperiex probes who are as powerful as the heralds of galactus *theywillhangmeforthis* and defeat them with ease) days.

np3228
Thor with the power gem was giving Thanos a struggle. Thanos could have beaten him, but just not easily. So Thanos got restless and just shot Thor with a laser that knocked him out. So I think Thanos... those power gems r strong!

Zeuodin
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
With or Without Sundip? Without sundip, Thanos was still crush him. Superman letting loose is only going to get him so far. Thanos doing equally the same route would put Superman down hard. An enraged Surfer only pissed Thanos off without any real affect on him. I don't see how Superman blitzing somebody with greater durability than him is going to do anything but piss Thanos off until Thanos does an omi-directional blast, followed by a telepathic assault, and energized fist pummeling a dazed Supes. This is also assuming Superman can get through the shields while avoid running his face into it like Fallen One.
How Does Thanos have greater Durability than Superman? They seem comparable. Surfer also isn't Superman. Superman to me at least, seems physically Superior to Surfer in every way.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Zeuodin
How Does Thanos have greater Durability than Superman? They seem comparable. Surfer also isn't Superman. Superman to me at least, seems physically Superior to Surfer in every way.

What makes you believe Supes has better durability?

np3228
Thats nonesense, Surfer survived crossing dimensions... which for lack of a better word is uneasy. And surfer can survive a black hole... I don't think Superman's body can handle that............ supes cant even breathe in space: pussy.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
What makes you believe Supes has better durability?
Than Surfer? Being slapped around by Superboy Prime, slapped by the Anti-monitor, Hank Henshaw with Ten rings, flying thru Imperiex clones with all that chronal energy, being blasted thru time by an exploding Sun eaters energy, etc.

batdude123
loebforce?

Loeb was only one of six writers that worked on OWAW.

And in any case, Joe Casey's Superman>>>Jeph Loeb's Superman.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by np3228
Thats nonesense, Surfer survived crossing dimensions... which for lack of a better word is uneasy. And surfer can survive a black hole... I don't think Superman's body can handle that............ supes cant even breathe in space: pussy.
Superman survived being in a Double black Hole.

Spire
edit.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Than Surfer? Being slapped around by Superboy Prime, slapped by the Anti-monitor, Hank Henshaw with Ten rings, flying thru Imperiex clones with all that chronal energy, being blasted thru time by an exploding Sun eaters energy, etc.

So, you believe Thanos would've died in the above situations?

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Spire
Superman can't survive in black holes. Not even double black holes.
What are you talking about? It's in the comics.

Zeuodin
So, you believe Thanos would've died in the above situations? What are you talking about? I said Superman and Thanos have comparable durability. I said Superman seemed to be greater in all physical areas to Surfer. Are you reading what I'm writing?

Batman-Prime
Thanos is just another Darkside rippoff. He would lose, like Darkside does. But only in comics. OWAW Supes, as impressive as he may be, would lose in the end, without sundip.

Spire
What are you talking about? It's in the comics.

I know that... you posted first.

Zeuodin
Thanos is just another Darkside rippoff. He would lose, like Darkside does. But only in comics. OWAW Supes, as impressive as he may be, would lose in the end, without sundip.
Thanos would beat Superman.

Batman-Prime
That's what I said no expression. Not in comics, though, there he would lose. But without his Iconic status he would go down, as he should against Darkseid 100%.

np3228
Thanos is not just another darkseid ripoff... Darkseid has been beaten by everyone and their momma... Thanos has very very very rarely been beaten. To be honest, Thanos is far greater than Darkseid, he went toe to toe with Parralax, same Parralax who knocked out Supes. Anyway, thanos is what darkseid is supposed to be.

KuRuPT Thanosi

I agree.

I also agree they both have great durability.. Supes and Thanos. I just believe Thanos's to be better big grin

quanchi112
That's what I said no expression. Not in comics, though, there he would lose. But without his Iconic status he would go down, as he should against Darkseid 100%. Superman needs outside factors to beat other big time villains, but he more than enough power to kick Ds's teeth in. Thanos stomps this Superman into the ground.

nicamarvin
That's what I said no expression. Not in comics, though,
He aint beating a guy who has become GOD twice and Pimp Slaped every cool super Hero there is, if there was a guy who would embarrassed Sups, this guy is................ cool

Zeuodin
Originally posted by quanchi112
Superman needs outside factors to beat other big time villains, but he more than enough power to kick Ds's teeth in. Thanos stomps this Superman into the ground.
Superman has never fought DS. Didn't you read Final Crisis. He only fought avatars and projections and such.

Batman-Prime
Thanos is not just another darkseid ripoff... Darkseid has been beaten by everyone and their momma... Thanos has very very very rarely been beaten. To be honest, Thanos is far greater than Darkseid, he went toe to toe with Parralax, same Parralax who knocked out Supes. Anyway, thanos is what darkseid is supposed to be.

Darkside was about to destroy the entire DC Multiverse just by dying, under his own power, without devices like HOTU or IG smile.

quanchi112
Superman has never fought DS. Didn't you read Final Crisis. He only fought avatars and projections and such. That will obviously be ignored as well in the future. The point is he was discussing Superman beating darkseid. It isn't pis nor has it ever been.

np3228
Superman has never fought DS. Didn't you read Final Crisis. He only fought avatars and projections and such.

... what do you mean by that? Morrison fixed continuity to make Darkseid a beast again? nice, but hard to believe. Please clarify.

Batman-Prime
Superman needs outside factors to beat other big time villains, but he more than enough power to kick Ds's teeth in. Thanos stomps this Superman into the ground.

I agree, not about the stomp. But don't forget Quan, Superman has the greatest outside factor of all, his fans. He is the "most importantstory in dc" wink.

Imagine, all those Supermanfans turned into Quanchis! Thanos would pimpslap LT!!! Under his own power!!! big grin

Zeuodin
That will obviously be ignored as well in the future. The point is he was discussing Superman beating darkseid. It isn't pis nor has it ever been.
Wait? You are telling me what is GOING to happen in the future? According to FC, Superman only fought Avatars and such. Heck it seemed like they didn't even know who the New Gods were.

np3228
Who has beaten Thanos... for god's sake... I mean, who has beaten him before????

quanchi112
I agree, not about the stomp. But don't forget Quan, Superman has the greatest outside factor of all, his fans. He is the "most importantstory in dc" wink.

Imagine, all those Supermanfans turned into Quanchis! Thanos would pimpslap LT!!! big grin That's a plot device to enable him to win. In marvel he would be nothing special just one of the boys.

On a forum we can create matchups where the hero dies, but we know most of the time the hero survives and prevails.

Zeuodin
... what do you mean by that? Morrison fixed continuity to make Darkseid a beast again? nice, but hard to believe. Please clarify. Morrison Destroyed all of the New Gods. The Source said that they were weak and he wanted to recreate them to be Superior like The Infinity Man. So He combined The thousands of souls of the New Gods into a few.

Zeuodin
Who has beaten Thanos... for god's sake... I mean, who has beaten him before????
I don't recall seeing too many fights where Thanos wasn't prepped. So we can never be sure. Except We know Silver Surfer is a complete feeb around Thanos.

np3228
Morrison Destroyed all of the New Gods. The Source said that they were weak and he wanted to recreate them to be Superior like The Infinity Man. So He combined The thousands of souls of the New Gods into a few.

Wow, was that implied in FC? cuz I didnt catch that. Plus why is FC so black listed? No one wants to reference it, other than the fact that bruce wayne is dead... is DC ashamed of Morrison's rogue work??

quanchi112
I don't recall seeing too many fights where Thanos wasn't prepped. So we can never be sure. Except We know Silver Surfer is a complete feeb around Thanos. Thanos wasn't prepped for Thor with the power gem or Odin. What fights do you feel he brought outside means into the fight. I mean I just don't recall it happening one time or nver.

Zeuodin
Thanos wasn't prepped for Thor with the power gem or Odin. What fights do you feel he brought outside means into the fight. I mean I just don't recall it happening one time or nver.
I don't recall Thanos doing anything to Hurt Thor until He used a ray gun to hold him. Thanos also didn't do well against Odin, So why bring that up?

np3228
Thanos was only physically defeated once. Against Hulk and Xman combined. He's never been bested. Galactus almost beat him though... even though he made Galactus look like a ***** before it came to that lol

batdude123
I don't recall Thanos doing anything to Hurt Thor until He used a ray gun to hold him. Thanos also didn't do well against Odin, So why bring that up?

Because it's Quanchi, and they're the only two feats he uses in a debate.

quanchi112
I don't recall Thanos doing anything to Hurt Thor until He used a ray gun to hold him. Thanos also didn't do well against Odin, So why bring that up? Thor had the power gem so of course he couldn't ko him. The point is he easily held his own out of sheer sport.

Odin didn't put him down and oneshotted the Surfer so it also backs up Thanos is way outta Surfer's league.

np3228
Yeah, Thanos was outclassed by Odin. But I think he could have beaten Thor with power gem. Plus Thanos could have beaten Odin, just not physically outpower him. But he could have outsmarted Odin somehow... in comics heroes don't always win by physically outpowering the other person, you know.

Zeuodin
Thor had the power gem so of course he couldn't ko him. The point is he easily held his own out of sheer sport.

Odin didn't put him down and oneshotted the Surfer so it also backs up Thanos is way outta Surfer's league.
I don't buy that. Odin couldn't one shot the Juggernaut. That doesn't mean the Juggernaut is out of Surfer's league. It just means he's more durable.

np3228
You know, I don't know if Thanos could beat Odin... but one thing i am sure of, as indicated by continuity. Thanos could smash Darkseid. Just smash his ass, and then make him eat dirt...

np3228
I don't buy that. Odin couldn't one shot the Juggernaut. That doesn't mean the Juggernaut is out of Surfer's league. It just means he's more durable.

Obviously Odin wasn't trying!

quanchi112
Originally posted by batdude123
Because it's Quanchi, and they're the only two feats he uses in a debate. They are two examples. One example is against the premier skyfather, Odin. Originally posted by Zeuodin
I don't buy that. Odin couldn't one shot the Juggernaut. That doesn't mean the Juggernaut is out of Surfer's league. It just means he's more durable. Thanos has beaten down the Surfer before, effortlessly. Why bring up the Juggernaut? LOL.

Zeuodin
You know, I don't know if Thanos could beat Odin... but one thing i am sure of, as indicated by continuity. Thanos could smash Darkseid. Just smash his ass, and then make him eat dirt... Thanos can drag down Multiverses under his own power these days?

np3228
Darkseid can't do that, its only because he had that stupid Omega Formula, or whatever you call it. Darkseid did all that with help of outside power... anyone can become God through outside power, even me or you. Darkseid has been beaten by everyone and his momma, period

np3228
i mean, I know what DS was SUPPOSED to be, but he turned out to be a pussy... sorry Jack, no offense.

quanchi112
Thanos can drag down Multiverses under his own power these days? That was achieved because of the ale and his role imo.

Zeuodin
That was achieved because of the ale and his role imo. The Ale was a computer virus. How did he drag the Multiverse down with a computer virus? He was crushing the Multiverse with his powers in his real form.

nicamarvin
Thanos has beaten down the Surfer before, effortlessly. Why bring up the Juggernaut? LOL. cause Surfer Aint as durable as Juggernaut?.. confused

quanchi112
The Ale was a computer virus. How did he drag the Multiverse down with a computer virus? He was crushing the Multiverse with his powers in his real form. The ale was more than that. Are you saying Ds used a computer virus to win the war against the new gods?

laughing out loud Originally posted by nicamarvin
cause Surfer Aint as durable as Juggernaut?.. confused We were discussing Thanos' superiority to Surfer and he brings up Juggernaut.

Zeuodin
The ale was more than that. Are you saying Ds used a computer virus to win the war against the new gods?

laughing out loud We were discussing Thanos' superiority to Surfer and he brings up Juggernaut.
I brought up Odin Not being able to One shot Thanos due to durablity. You missed the point. Also, if DS had used the ALE on the New Gods, there wouldn't have been a need for war. Obviously, it was a war, and it was under his own power that he won.

quanchi112
I brought up Odin Not being able to One shot Thanos due to durablity. You missed the point. Also, if DS had used the ALE on the New Gods, there wouldn't have been a need for war. Obviously, it was a war, and it was under his own power that he won. It was stated he won through the ale hence the reason he could win after all those years. He needed it and you claim you can defeat new gods through computer viruses.

Thanos is more durable than Surfer and more powerful. That's always been backed up by comics.

np3228
The real question is, would the anti life equation work against Thanos? no. because Thanos is the avatar of death. I believe it would not work against Thanos or Adam Warlock, who live outside probability anyway... in summary, Thanos would smash DS into pieces and bury him...

KuRuPT Thanosi
Because it's Quanchi, and they're the only two feats he uses in a debate.

so u feel supes beats thanos?

iceman24567
The real question is, would the anti life equation work against Thanos? no. because Thanos is the avatar of death. I believe it would not work against Thanos or Adam Warlock, who live outside probability anyway... in summary, Thanos would smash DS into pieces and bury him... What the f**k?

Naija boy
Thanos

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Naija boy
Thanos

Correct Answer

OneDumbG0
Current Superman > OWAW Superman, so i dunno why he was picked, tbh... his mentality? For what reason do you believe this?

xJLxKing
Thanos beat Superman.

h1a8
Superman wins.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman wins.
No. He doesn't.

h1a8
Yes he does. What will Thanos do to Superman blast him?

thanos-prime
Yes he does. What will Thanos do to Superman blast him? or beat him to death

h1a8
Originally posted by thanos-prime
or beat him to death

That is like saying Cyclops with beat Thing to death.
Try again.

-Pr-
He is the same smile, not a Skrull or something. But I get your point. Though, why do you think that curren't Supes > OWAW? The only Supes comics I buy (abo) are Superman, Superman/Batman and JLA. And I can't remeber him being more impressive since those OWAW (I take on multiple Imperiex probes who are as powerful as the heralds of galactus *theywillhangmeforthis* and defeat them with ease) days.

it was his mentality that changed. his powers weren't suddenly amped for that series.

Loeb was only one of six writers that worked on OWAW.

And in any case, Joe Casey's Superman>>>Jeph Loeb's Superman.

that's a good point, but i still think Loeb's is up there with any of em.

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
For what reason do you believe this?

his having been upgraded and not downgraded?

OneDumbG0
^ Wait... 1) we're talking base-line Superman and not sundip Superman, right? 2) If so, what specific upgrades are you referring to?

-Pr-
^ Wait... 1) we're talking base-line Superman and not sundip Superman, right? 2) If so, what specific upgrades are you referring to?

well, IC was one, even if you want to argue that he received nothing more than an upgrade to his mental abilities. He hasn't been downgraded that i've seen, so logically, he should be at the very least equal to OWAW levels.

I just happen to believe he's above it, as since 1986 he's been steadily upgraded as time has gone on, and he's had some nice feats since then too.

OWAW was just a unique situation. How often does Superman go up against an enemy like Imperiex with an army that size and that powerful, with the world at stake?

Sure in Final Crisis Darkseid was doing pretty well, but Superman was gone half the time, and when he got back started kicking ass all over the place.

psycho gundam
Yes he does. What will Thanos do to Superman blast him? beat him like V&V despero did, and use his enormous energy output to seal the deal.

it's not that complex

SoulDevourer
Supes speed still a prob for Thanos

serously...what is Supe goes speedblitz & lands like 100000 punches per second?

OneDumbG0
well, IC was one, even if you want to argue that he received nothing more than an upgrade to his mental abilities. He hasn't been downgraded that i've seen, so logically, he should be at the very least equal to OWAW levels.

I just happen to believe he's above it, as since 1986 he's been steadily upgraded as time has gone on, and he's had some nice feats since then too.

OWAW was just a unique situation. How often does Superman go up against an enemy like Imperiex with an army that size and that powerful, with the world at stake?

Sure in Final Crisis Darkseid was doing pretty well, but Superman was gone half the time, and when he got back started kicking ass all over the place. Are you referring to J'onn's mental conditioning to help Superman overcome mental takeovers of his mind since the Sacrifice arc?

Nothing in Final Crisiss really jumped out at me to suggest that Superman is a notch above how he was depicted in OWAW personally. Him one-shotting Command-D's forcefield was impressive, but it's hard to quantify that feat. Supergirl used her heat-vision on it, but not a full-blast from my perspective and John Stewart wasn't able to use his ring properly.

-Pr-
Are you referring to J'onn's mental conditioning to help Superman overcome mental takeovers of his mind since the Sacrifice arc?

Nothing in Final Crisiss really jumped out at me to suggest that Superman is a notch above how he was depicted in OWAW personally. Him one-shotting Command-D's forcefield was impressive, but it's hard to quantify that feat. Supergirl used her heat-vision on it, but not a full-blast from my perspective and John Stewart wasn't able to use his ring properly.

no. after IC, in up, up and away and the like, he spoke numerous times about how his mental faculties were more impressive than they'd ever been.

FC wasnt my only example. was just the first one that came to mind as it's the closest he's been to the OWAW mentality since the event itself, that i can recall.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
Supes speed still a prob for Thanos

serously...what is Supe goes speedblitz & lands like 100000 punches per second? what V&V despero did. and swap depy's telepathy for any of his myriad overwhelming, clearly above herald level powers.

his durability is no joke also.

batdude123
Originally posted by psycho gundam
what V&V despero did.

Lol.

thanos-prime
That is like saying Cyclops with beat Thing to death.
Try again. Actually it is not at all like that.

h1a8
beat him like V&V despero did, and use his enormous energy output to seal the deal.

it's not that complex

It seems to be since Thanos is no where near that strong to bother Superman much. And certainly not that fast enough to even hit Superman.

I think Thor is much stronger than Thanos.

thanos-prime
It seems to be since Thanos is no where near that strong to bother Superman much. And certainly not that fast enough to even hit Superman.

I think Thor is much stronger than Thanos. Well you would be wrong.

psycho gundam

I think Thor is much stronger than Thanos. i don't want to put you on ignore, but i'm tempted to since there is no variety in your posts. it's always superman's infallibility at the end of the day.

i liken it to a cosco sized bucket of smarties.

h1a8
i don't want to put you on ignore, but i'm tempted to since there is no variety in your posts. it's always superman's infallibility at the end of the day.

i liken it to a cosco sized bucket of smarties.

I think Flash, WW, SS, and Hal at his best are just some who will beat Superman for a majority.

Zeuodin
I think Flash, WW, SS, and Hal at his best are just some who will beat Superman for a majority.
Not WW. Hal can take even. SS will always win the majority.

h1a8
Not WW. Hal can take even. SS will always win the majority. WW can since she has one-shot ability against Superman with the tiara and lasso. Adding in her ability to block/ duck and counter a Superman attack will automatically leave her with a delicious finishing combo. She easily wins the majority against him. Hal at his best can duplicate himself to multiple beings of him or multiple beings of him with Superman's power. Hal at his best (pre crisis) is nearly as fast too. So I don't see even here. Surfer is iffy because of his CIS.

BattleMage
Superman is fast and all (lame) , but he will be owned. Thanos is arguably stronger, especially since he cant die. Plus, Thanos fights foes that are stronger then him for a living. That is what he does. He finds an insurmountable task, then after he completes it, he destroys everything and starts anew. Supes is strong, but Thanos has beaten The Champion and the other elders of the Universe. He has beaten The In-Betweener, an agent of Lord Chaos and Master Order. He has beaten the heralds of Galactus, The Beyonder, Gladiator, Thor, Titans and Eternals, and fought Adam Warlok and his doppelganger the Magus. He has defeated all with skill, strength, cunnign, and sheer power all without the gems that so many like to put on him like a crutch.

Superman will lose to Thanos, he would have an awfully hard time to beat someone with the sheer power of Darkseid adn the ruthlessness of Lex Luthor. or dr doom, Supes will be crushed repeatedly till he gets help, gets lucky, of Thanos lets him win or just kill him!

h1a8
Originally posted by BattleMage
Superman is fast and all (lame) , but he will be owned. Thanos is arguably stronger, especially since he cant die. Plus, Thanos fights foes that are stronger then him for a living. That is what he does. He finds an insurmountable task, then after he completes it, he destroys everything and starts anew. Supes is strong, but Thanos has beaten The Champion and the other elders of the Universe. He has beaten The In-Betweener, an agent of Lord Chaos and Master Order. He has beaten the heralds of Galactus, The Beyonder, Gladiator, Thor, Titans and Eternals, and fought Adam Warlok and his doppelganger the Magus. He has defeated all with skill, strength, cunnign, and sheer power all without the gems that so many like to put on him like a crutch.

Superman will lose to Thanos, he would have an awfully hard time to beat someone with the sheer power of Darkseid adn the ruthlessness of Lex Luthor. or dr doom, Supes will be crushed repeatedly till he gets help, gets lucky, of Thanos lets him win or just kill him!

Superman can be owned yes. But there is no proof anywhere that suggests that Thanos is even 1 tenth as strong as Superman. ABC logic isn't valid if either the comic fights in question were contradictory to would will really happen or if the fight doesn't compare (more like rock paper scissors).

I'm still trying to figure out how can Thanos can even hurt Superman.

psycho gundam
^ minus his performance against others, and handbook entries (cause that's thanos' deal also), prove that doomsday is physically stronger than 1/10 of superman's physical strength please

thanos-prime
Superman can be owned yes. But there is no proof anywhere that suggests that Thanos is even 1 tenth as strong as Superman. ABC logic isn't valid if either the comic fights in question were contradictory to would will really happen or if the fight doesn't compare (more like rock paper scissors).

I'm still trying to figure out how can Thanos can even hurt Superman. If you can't figure out how he could hurt him than you have obviously know nothing about thanos.

BattleMage

I'm still trying to figure out how can Thanos can even hurt Superman. Thanos/Darkseid>Superman! If Darkseid can hurt supes then beleive me Thanos can hurt him smile

h1a8
Originally posted by BattleMage
Thanos/Darkseid>Superman! If Darkseid can hurt supes then beleive me Thanos can hurt him smile

I don't believe Thanos is in the same league physically as Darkseid. I even consider Thor stronger than Thanos.

Nihilist
I don't believe Thanos is in the same league physically as Darkseid. I even consider Thor stronger than Thanos. You are a complete joke, "Thanos couldnt even hurt Superman"..seriously.

h1a8
Originally posted by Nihilist
You are a complete joke, "Thanos couldnt even hurt Superman"..seriously.

No he couldn't IMO. His blasts will have no effect and his punches will only bother him a little.

rotiart
No he couldn't IMO. His blasts will have no effect and his punches will only bother him a little.

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

BattleMage
No he couldn't IMO. His blasts will have no effect and his punches will only bother him a little. Who is this guy? Did you just come home?

thanos-prime
No he couldn't IMO. His blasts will have no effect and his punches will only bother him a little. why will his blasts have no effect?And punches used to beat the surfer to death will only bother him a little?

quanchi112

I'm still trying to figure out how can Thanos can even hurt Superman. This is why you will never ever have one shred of legitimacy. Why don't you tell me why Thanos can't hurt him? Back it up with comic book facts, please.

Nihilist
No he couldn't IMO. His blasts will have no effect and his punches will only bother him a little. This just shows you are a Superman troll.

Kris Blaze
lol.

Omega Vision
Its always sad when Trolls speak for characters you like and make real fans look bad.

psycho gundam
that's why superman threads always turn to shit, when h1n1 shows up, the others leave.

h1a8
Originally posted by thanos-prime
why will his blasts have no effect?And punches used to beat the surfer to death will only bother him a little?

Because Superman>>>Surfer in durability
And going by the stuff Superman has shrugged off without notice says Thanos's blasts will have little to no effect.

This is assuming Thanos is even fast enough to hit Superman.

KuRuPT Thanosi
And going by the stuff Superman has shrugged off without notice says Thanos's blasts will have little to no effect.

This is assuming Thanos is even fast enough to hit Superman.

So, when Zod broke his jaw your claiming that Zod is that much stronger than Thanos? Thanos punches are so weak in comparison he'll barely feel them? Konvict flash Ko's supes with one punch.. Yet supes won't feel any of Thanos blasts or barely notice his punches. The funny thing is Thanos wouldn't even have to punch Supes he would just pimp slap him away over and over again. Thanos blasts have sent Galactus flying out of his ship across a moon. They have knocked down are were felt by DP Tyrant. He matched the In-Betweener's blast output. So.. by your reasoning then Supes durability is greater than Galactus and DP Tyrant by MILES since you claim he will barely notice them. Supes durability would hold up just fine if he fought the In betweener and he wouldn't even notice his blasts right?

quanchi112

This is assuming Thanos is even fast enough to hit Superman. Based on what?

What makes you say he is greater than him in durability? You don't ever give a reason why we should even entertain the thought.

thanos-prime

This is assuming Thanos is even fast enough to hit Superman. your ridiculous.

BattleMage
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Its always sad when Trolls speak for characters you like and make real fans look bad. Preach on brother.

Zeuodin
So, when Zod broke his jaw your claiming that Zod is that much stronger than Thanos? Thanos punches are so weak in comparison he'll barely feel them? Konvict flash Ko's supes with one punch.. Yet supes won't feel any of Thanos blasts or barely notice his punches. The funny thing is Thanos wouldn't even have to punch Supes he would just pimp slap him away over and over again. Thanos blasts have sent Galactus flying out of his ship across a moon. They have knocked down are were felt by DP Tyrant. He matched the In-Betweener's blast output. So.. by your reasoning then Supes durability is greater than Galactus and DP Tyrant by MILES since you claim he will barely notice them. Supes durability would hold up just fine if he fought the In betweener and he wouldn't even notice his blasts right?
I don't think Thanos can Pimp Slap Superman. He's never Pimp Slapped a single high tier without some energy amp.

Omega Vision
I don't think Thanos can Pimp Slap Superman. He's never Pimp Slapped a single high tier without some energy amp.
Yeah I don't like the view that because Thanos pimp smacked Thing and Professor Hulk he's some unstoppable badass. Post Crisis Mongul without rings could pimp smack the Thing.

-Pr-

context?

h1a8

Thanos is far less than D.C. top tiers in strength. If I had even 40ton strength I could pimp smack both Hulk and Thing several feat away whether they braced or not. All it takes is agility and skill (something Thanos has a lot of).

As far as blasts are concerned there is a thing called bracing and non bracing. When someone isn't bracing then only a force greater than their weight is needed to knock them down or back. That means a mere 100 ton blast could have done those same things.

Blasts are energy, not matter. The collision of blasts is not the same as the collision of matter. That means a much weaker blast could cancel out a much stronger one. Look at HV vs. OE. Either a weaker HV blast can cancel out a stronger OE blast or Superman's best HV is equal in power to the OE. The latter is seemingly ridiculous knowing what the OE has done. So Thanos matching Inbetweener in blasts is nothing.

IMO, Tryant and Galactus have greater or equal durability than Superman. But knocking someone back or down is only overpowering their weight and not their power.

Omega Vision
Thanos is far less than D.C. top tiers in strength. If I had even 40ton strength I could pimp smack both Hulk and Thing several feat away whether they braced or not. All it takes is agility and skill (something Thanos has a lot of).

As far as blasts are concerned there is a thing called bracing and non bracing. When someone isn't bracing then only a force greater than their weight is needed to knock them down or back. That means a mere 100 ton blast could have done those same things.

Blasts are energy, not matter. The collision of blasts is not the same as the collision of matter. That means a much weaker blast could cancel out a much stronger one. Look at HV vs. OE. Either a weaker HV blast can cancel out a stronger OE blast or Superman's best HV is equal in power to the OE. The latter is seemingly ridiculous knowing what the OE has done. So Thanos matching Inbetweener in blasts is nothing.

IMO, Tryant and Galactus have greater or equal durability than Superman. But knocking someone back or down is only overpowering their weight and not their power.
Please stop.

psycho gundam
Please stop. the mods seem to be oblivious to his trolling.

rotiart
Hia8s replies hurt me in my soul.

xJLxKing
I find it funny. IT brings balance. We got Quan for Thanos and H1a8 for Superman

psycho gundam
i personally debated against quan only once (on the topic of thanos using teleportation and flight naturally), but he wasn't nearly as persistent, annoying, and ignorant to actual comic book showings as H1 in our exchange. quan also does like dc characters, i've seen him debate for darkseid and black adam saying they stomp marvel guys so... not really equal imo.

also, i believe when it comes to downplaying characters they oppose, h1 has pretty much everyone beat by a huge factor. of coarse without a single scan to show for it.

xJLxKing
i personally debated against quan only once (on the topic of thanos using teleportation and flight naturally), but he wasn't nearly as persistent, annoying, and ignorant to actual comic book showings as H1 in our exchange. quan also does like dc characters, i've seen him debate for darkseid and black adam saying they stomp marvel guys so... not really equal imo.

also, i believe when it comes to downplaying characters they oppose, h1 has pretty much everyone beat by a huge factor. of coarse without a single scan to show for it.
The thing is, Quan will never let Thanos lose. For god sake, he was debating that Thanos can beat Black lanterns, FC Darkseid, 2x Mandrakk, and Nekron all in one week without using Cosmic Armor, IG, or any other MU artifacts. He also posts frequently and is a very tricky poster who tends to change the attack on you making you think he is the one who came up with the idea. Just look how he argued with One Dumb Go.

H1a8, I don't see him annoying. He barely post and I barely passes my mind

psycho gundam
replace quan's name with h1 in that post and it will be true also.

quan's "how (so)?" is even annoying to me, but i'd rather that over a dude posting bias ad nausium and dismissing anything the other character can do.

didn't even have to put any effort into finding this. all his posts are this phucking stupid:

Thor cannot destroy planets with a punch nor can he destroy a mountain. And don't show me, I have the comic where it says that Thor hit Loki with the force to destroy a small mountain. But it is hyperbole and a flat out lie. Now if it happened I will accept it.

Lastly, it wasn't the force of the two hammers that did what it did. It was the two energies in both hammers causating with each other. If Thor struck a non mystical object with the same force then NOTHING WOULD HAVE HAPPENED. No energy traveling to other cosmos, NOTHING. Thus it was a plot device that caused this and not the display of power.

To be clear if I combine a pea with an anti-matter pea then I would have a nuclear level explosion. But if I combine the pea with a normal pea then nothing happens.

So since Thor can't hit with that type of display in any forum fight then this feat is invalid in showing what he could do in a real fight.

imagine this in every superman thread about any character he faces.

the first part is just gorgeous, one comic defines the oposing character cause it is so lucky to be owned by h1, so it must be true.

Naija boy

quan's "how (so)?" is even annoying to me, but i'd rather that over a dude posting bias ad nausium and dismissing anything the other character can do.

"Based on?"

psycho gundam
"Based on?" yeah, that's another one.

h1's wall of text trumps that though.

rotiart

didn't even have to put any effort into finding this. all his posts are this phucking stupid:

imagine this in every superman thread about any character he faces.

the first part is just gorgeous, one comic defines the oposing character cause it is so lucky to be owned by h1, so it must be true.

wow... okay.. then this is my answer...

in any response in which hia8 responds. don't show me. hell i won't even bother reading it. if he's gonna be so biased as to say he won't even "consider" another persons opinions... then he is simply a troll.

iceman24567
"Based on?" laughing

-Pr-
"Based on?"

*bangs head off of desk*

Allankles

No reason to be diplomatic with him Zeuodin. Pimp slapping Supes to a victory is just as far fetched as believing Thanos couldn't hurt Supes.

One way or the other it's a good fight, at their best Supes has what it takes to beat the mad Titan.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by iceman24567
laughing
Don't forget the classic:
"Thanos solos"

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Allankles
No reason to be diplomatic with him Zeuodin. Pimp slapping Supes to a victory is just as far fetched as believing Thanos couldn't hurt Supes.

One way or the other it's a good fight, at their best Supes has what it takes to beat the mad Titan.

First off, I guess the sarcasm of my post seemed to allude you. Second, I honestly feel like Supes would put up a good fight, I mean afterall, he's superman right. He's got great combat speed, durability and sheer will. He's put down many a foe in his time. In a comic book setting I think Superman would probably win, because again its superman. On KMC, I honestly believe that Thanos could beat supes not near his best. While Supes would have to be at his best and Thanos not to win.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by xJLxKing
The thing is, Quan will never let Thanos lose. For god sake, he was debating that Thanos can beat Black lanterns, FC Darkseid, 2x Mandrakk, and Nekron all in one week without using Cosmic Armor, IG, or any other MU artifacts. He also posts frequently and is a very tricky poster who tends to change the attack on you making you think he is the one who came up with the idea. Just look how he argued with One Dumb Go.

H1a8, I don't see him annoying. He barely post and I barely passes my mind

Your whole FC Darkseid point is pretty dumb IMO. Please show me the combat feats of FC Darkseid that make Quans assertion out of line to you. Oooo are you saying this battle is Thanos vs. manifestation of DS after he was killed who was trying to drag everything down with him. So, Thanos is fighting a giant non physically formed DS? That makes sense.

Omega Vision
If this is sundipped OWAW Superman I really don't know if Thanos could take him.
In most cases I agree that Superman would do well to only attack Thanos with help from Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman.
I imagine a real fight between standard (non-pissed) Superman and Thanos would go down a lot like all Superman's fights with Despero.

KuRuPT Thanosi
If this is sundipped OWAW Superman I really don't know if Thanos could take him.
In most cases I agree that Superman would do well to only attack Thanos with help from Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman.
I imagine a real fight between standard (non-pissed) Superman and Thanos would go down a lot like all Superman's fights with Despero.
Okay lets say it is OWAW Superman... How exactly do you see the battle playing out. Lets remember they fight at full potential and use all their powers. So, my questions are these... Do you feel like Superman can punch harder than Thanos? Do you believe Supes durability to be above Thanos? Do you feel like Supes could stand up to Thanos Energy blasts and not feel them as h1a8?

Omega Vision
Okay lets say it is OWAW Superman... How exactly do you see the battle playing out. Lets remember they fight at full potential and use all their powers. So, my questions are these... Do you feel like Superman can punch harder than Thanos? Do you believe Supes durability to be above Thanos? Do you feel like Supes could stand up to Thanos Energy blasts and not feel them as h1a8?
While sundipped? His strength is by all indications far superior to Thanos', durability I can't say. He would certainly "feel" an energy blast but I don't think a single blast is going to drop him. There's one thing Thanos cannot overcome in this fight and that's speed. If Superman fights him the same way he fought Mongul (speedblitzing and staying agile) he should be able to take Thanos down.
Now that said I can't recall an instance where Superman (while sundipped to that extreme level) fought someone so I don't have much to debate here.
All I'm saying is that a sundipped Superman more likely than not pulls a few wins (if not necessarily a majority) on Thanos in KMC settings. In a comic book there's no question Thanos would get beaten and tossed into the Source Wall to keep the Promethean Giants company. Please don't compare me to H1a8

KuRuPT Thanosi
While sundipped? His strength is by all indications far superior to Thanos', durability I can't say. He would certainly "feel" an energy blast but I don't think a single blast is going to drop him. There's one thing Thanos cannot overcome in this fight and that's speed. If Superman fights him the same way he fought Mongul (speedblitzing and staying agile) he should be able to take Thanos down.
Now that said I can't recall an instance where Superman (while sundipped to that extreme level) fought someone so I don't have much to debate here.
All I'm saying is that a sundipped Superman more likely than not pulls a few wins (if not necessarily a majority) on Thanos in KMC settings. In a comic book there's no question Thanos would get beaten and tossed into the Source Wall to keep the Promethean Giants company. Please don't compare me to H1a8

Far Superior to Thanos in strength.. Nah. I would be willing to concede he's slightly superior. Obviously I feel a base Thanos vs. base Supes in stength and Thanos comes out on top. That is IMO. As you say though, I don't have any lifting feats to base this on. I agree Sundipped pissed supes could pull some wins even in a KMC setting. No arguments there. The problem for me is Supes speed is easy negated by Thanos shields Thanos can blast while under protection of his shields. His shields as we've seen can stand up to a lot of punishment. Supes would have to work to break them and now we're looking at the sundip not being as strong as when the fight begins. He can also teleport, which again minimizes supes speed advantage and allows Thanos to keep his distance if he chooses. As you say I also don't see OWAW supes going down from one blast from thanos or even a few. I just believe they would certainly take their tole. Lastly, in regards to speed which is Supes main advantage in this fight.. We have someone who has super fast reflexes and been shown to deal with speed before. So, while supes speed, strength, combat ability get him a couple wins. Thanos shields, own durability, reflexes, teleportation, striking power/MA Skills, energy blasts & exotic powers pulls him a vast majority imo.

thanos-prime
Thanos

quanchi112
"Based on?" That's my catch phrase.

Originally posted by xJLxKing

H1a8, I don't see him annoying. He barely post and I barely passes my mind Thanos and prep usually equals victory. Giving him 2 weeks is making it unfair for his opposition.Originally posted by -Pr-
*bangs head off of desk* Like you're not loving this, paul.Originally posted by Allankles

One way or the other it's a good fight, at their best Supes has what it takes to beat the mad Titan. How does he? We have seen Thanos literally walk all over the Surfer. It's never been an issue. Thor with the power gem only managed to cause a nosebleed, he's gone rounds with Odin, yet Supes has what it takes?

No, I don't think so.

psycho gundam
that sig is dope

quanchi112
that sig is dope Thanks. I wanted the life essence blast in there and starlock really outside himself. I also love how Thor looked there.

Do you like this sig better than my last one?

psycho gundam
i frankly don't remember your last one being notably worse, but this one is pretty decent.

it's not about what i think though.

xJLxKing
I am saying what he said on the thread Thanos vs FC.

First of all, only an truly crazy insane fanboy, or child would think that Thanos could stop
Black Lanterns(all of them)
Darkseid from Final Crisis (with ALE)
Mandrakk from Superman Beyond
Mandrakk from FC #7
Nekron

all with prep meanwhile, the entire planet couldn't stop DS for 3 weeks, yet one guy can do it in 2 weeks.

You have no idea what kind of plot stupidity had to play a apart in to make the good guys win. Yet, Thanos can do it with no Cosmic Armor, No Miracle Machine, No IG, No Hotu...etc. Yeah Good luck dude.

As for Darksied, please re-read FC. He had a body, and he had 6 billion souls working for him. The Universe/multiverse had snapped and crushed around where his heart was(earth).

quanchi112
i frankly don't remember your last one being notably worse, but this one is pretty decent.

it's not about what i think though. Each Thor sig I want to get the point across of how powerful this guy is.

Omega Vision
Since it doesn't specify which OWAW Superman I'll say this:
Non-sundipped OWAW Superman gets 2/10, sundipped he gets 6/10.

h1a8
Far Superior to Thanos in strength.. Nah. I would be willing to concede he's slightly superior. Obviously I feel a base Thanos vs. base Supes in stength and Thanos comes out on top. That is IMO. As you say though, I don't have any lifting feats to base this on. I agree Sundipped pissed supes could pull some wins even in a KMC setting. No arguments there. The problem for me is Supes speed is easy negated by Thanos shields Thanos can blast while under protection of his shields. His shields as we've seen can stand up to a lot of punishment. Supes would have to work to break them and now we're looking at the sundip not being as strong as when the fight begins. He can also teleport, which again minimizes supes speed advantage and allows Thanos to keep his distance if he chooses. As you say I also don't see OWAW supes going down from one blast from thanos or even a few. I just believe they would certainly take their tole. Lastly, in regards to speed which is Supes main advantage in this fight.. We have someone who has super fast reflexes and been shown to deal with speed before. So, while supes speed, strength, combat ability get him a couple wins. Thanos shields, own durability, reflexes, teleportation, striking power/MA Skills, energy blasts & exotic powers pulls him a vast majority imo.

The thing is there is pure logic of my positions. I believe better speed trumps nearly everything. I know that Thanos can't attack while under his shields. Why do people continue to say this? Superman at his best won't get hit by Thanos. This is the truth. Superman at least gets a stalemate.

tsscls
1986 John byrne version---wins 10/10

quanchi112
Since it doesn't specify which OWAW Superman I'll say this:
Non-sundipped OWAW Superman gets 2/10, sundipped he gets 6/10. What did owaw Supes do that backs up your case?

He was crushed by Black Racer mind you and temporarily bested by Darkseid. Originally posted by h1a8
The thing is there is pure logic of my positions. I believe better speed trumps nearly everything. I know that Thanos can't attack while under his shields. Why do people continue to say this? Superman at his best won't get hit by Thanos. This is the truth. Superman at least gets a stalemate. Di you have any proof he can't?

Omega Vision
What did owaw Supes do that backs up your case?

He was crushed by Black Racer mind you and temporarily bested by Darkseid. Di you have any proof he can't?
I'm not sure how either of those things are low showings. Black Racer and Darkseid are both above Superman.
He wins 2/10 because of his speed advantage. And 6/10 because he was clearly Thanos' superior in terms of strength when sundipped.

quanchi112
I'm not sure how either of those things are low showings. Black Racer and Darkseid are both above Superman.
He wins 2/10 because of his speed advantage. And 6/10 because he was clearly Thanos' superior in terms of strength when sundipped. Thanos can negate a speed advantage through tk/shields.

They aren't low showings but Superman has looked better outside of owaw against Seid. Just because he destroyed a few probes here and there don't assume he has a chance against Thanos.

I don't think he was more powerful while sundipped than Thanos. Thanos has the power to floor Galactus and own the Maker.

Omega Vision
Thanos can negate a speed advantage through tk/shields.

They aren't low showings but Superman has looked better outside of owaw against Seid. Just because he destroyed a few probes here and there don't assume he has a chance against Thanos.

I don't think he was more powerful while sundipped than Thanos. Thanos has the power to floor Galactus and own the Maker.
Once again neither of those things equate to him beating a sundipped Superman. The Galactus thing wasn't really a fight. Galactus was unharmed and immediately afterward Thanos paid for it.
If you're referring to Apokolips Now that was as far as I can tell the first time Superman has ever beaten Darkseid, up till then Darkseid was always his superior.
Also I accept that Thanos CAN negate the speed advantage but you have to understand that I gave SUperman 2/10 because he won't always be able to.

h1a8
Di you have any proof he can't? All comics are the proof that Thanos can't attack with shields up. No comic shows this.

A lot of people assume that since Thanos has shields then he wins vs. Superman. Well shields don't make you win; they make you not lose. The moment Thanos drops his shields then Superman gets a good hit and combos him to ko. If Thanos refuses to drop his shield then Superman crumbles them under constant bombardment.

People assume that since Thanos can hurt SS and Thor with his punches then he can hurt Superman in the same manner. Well this is false since Superman at his best won't get hit by Thanos and Superman has better durability than both SS and Thor.

Superman will simply combo Thanos to ko when he gets an opening. Thus Superman wins.

quanchi112
Once again neither of those things equate to him beating a sundipped Superman. The Galactus thing wasn't really a fight. Galactus was unharmed and immediately afterward Thanos paid for it.
If you're referring to Apokolips Now that was as far as I can tell the first time Superman has ever beaten Darkseid, up till then Darkseid was always his superior.
Also I accept that Thanos CAN negate the speed advantage but you have to understand that I gave SUperman 2/10 because he won't always be able to. Galactus felt it. Not saying he did any significant damage but to launch a well nourished Galactus is mighty impressive.

Supes also bfr'd him in his own comic as far as I can remember.

He stalemated Ds in countdown prior to the k-nite olsen thing. He stalemated Ds at the end of owaw.

Superman doesn't have the power to beat Thanos. Thanos is too durable and too powerful to lose to a regular Superman. If Thor wit the power gem failed to even seriously injure him then Superman has no chance.

All comics are the proof that Thanos can't attack with shields up. No comic shows this.

A lot of people assume that since Thanos has shields then he wins vs. Superman. Well shields don't make you win; they make you not lose. The moment Thanos drops his shields then Superman gets a good hit and combos him to ko. If Thanos refuses to drop his shield then Superman crumbles them under constant bombardment.

People assume that since Thanos can hurt SS and Thor with his punches then he can hurt Superman in the same manner. Well this is false since Superman at his best won't get hit by Thanos and Superman has better durability than both SS and Thor.

Superman will simply combo Thanos to ko when he gets an opening. Thus Superman wins. He blasted with his shields up against Omega. Thanos can also use tk to negate his speed.

Thanos can put him in force block any moment he wants to. Superman doesn't have the power or the durability to go rounds with Thanos.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>