Pegasus vs Joey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wei Phoenix
Pegasus with his Toon Deck and all the way up to GX vs Joey at the end of Battle City for the first two fights.

1st fight-Pegasus has the eye and soul of Mai is on the line.

2nd fight- Pegasus doesn't have the eye.

3rd fight Joey at the end with his best deck vs Pegasus and his toons. No eye.

Ridley_Prime
Yugi and Atem had to do some kind of mind-shuffling technique to keep Pegasus from reading their minds. Joey doesn't have a 2nd person/spirit always dueling with him so to speak, so he'd be screwed in the 1st fight like Kaiba was in his 1st duel against Pegasus.

Joey wins the other two without much difficulty though, methinks.

Wei Phoenix
I'll agree that the 3rd fight is more to his advantage, but what cards would you say he had in Battle City that tips the scales in his favor for the second?

Ridley_Prime
Jinzo, Gilford the Lightening, Insect Queen, and the couple other good monster cards he got from Battle City whose names I can't remember at the moment. stick out tongue

Wei Phoenix
Well Pegasus to my recollection didn't have many trap cards in his deck, mostly magic. His Copycat card can replicate any card in Joey's grave or he could toonify his monsters. His toons can also hide inside Toon World to avoid attacks IIRC.

Demonic Phoenix
If they actually dueled according to our rules, Joey would win 2 and 3.
PIS considered, Pegasus takes at least 1 and 2, if not 3 as well. Toons were overpowered in Duelist Kingdom, though I'm probably wrong.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Well Pegasus to my recollection didn't have many trap cards in his deck, mostly magic. His Copycat card can replicate any card in Joey's grave or he could toonify his monsters. His toons can also hide inside Toon World to avoid attacks IIRC.
Pegasus did use Gorgon's Eye (turned any opposing monster to stone if it was set in defense mode and rendered useless), Dragon Capture Jar (which he would likely try to use against Joey's Baby/Thousand Dragon), and other traps of the sort, so Jinzo's ability would negate those at least.

edit: Not to mention, that one trap card (forgot the name) that allowed Pegasus to take control of Kaiba's Blue-Eyes right before he was about to draw/summon it against him by guessing whether or not the monster Kaiba was about to play had more than 2000 attack points (he guessed correctly of course).

NemeBro
Pegasus wins because I like him moar.

estahuh

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
Pegasus wins because I like him moar.

estahuh
Nohh. Joey wins because he is a blond 131

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Pegasus did use Gorgon's Eye (turned any opposing monster to stone if it was set in defense mode and rendered useless), Dragon Capture Jar (which he would likely try to use against Joey's Baby/Thousand Dragon), and other traps of the sort, so Jinzo's ability would negate those at least.

edit: Not to mention, that one trap card (forgot the name) that allowed Pegasus to take control of Kaiba's Blue-Eyes right before he was about to draw/summon it against him by guessing whether or not the monster Kaiba was about to play had more than 2000 attack points (he guessed correctly of course).

Duelist Kingdom was so full of PIS ****. It was great though laughing out loud

Kento
Well if the movie is any indication to anything Pegasus sucks without his eye, but I think the creator of the game would be better than that even without seeing the future. Though I still think Joey wins the second two, and Pegasus wins the first.

NemeBro
The movie sucks total ass though.

EvilAngel
The movie sucks total ass though.

Agreed.

I vote Joey, with his battlecity deck he was pwnage. He technically beat Marik too. If he can beat the second season finale boss he can beat the first wink

NemeBro
Didn't Marik win a lot of duels due to bullshit technicalities actually?

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by EvilAngel
Agreed.

I vote Joey, with his battlecity deck he was pwnage. He technically beat Marik too. If he can beat the second season finale boss he can beat the first wink
Joey with Ra mmm. If he were capable of summoning it, he'd be a killer of a duelist.

EvilAngel
Joey beat Marik without a god card, Yugi had to use two ;p

Joey with ra would be insanely cool =)

Didn't Marik win a lot of duels due to bullshit technicalities actually?

Meh, yes, technically, but he would have played differently had the circumstances been different. With him it was always about the shadow realm and shadow games.....

yungz22
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Nohh. Joey wins because he is a blond 131

Duelist Kingdom was so full of PIS ****. It was great though laughing out loud

YU-GI-OH is a card game ITS ALL PIS somebody has to win lol but it was a great show

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by yungz22
YU-GI-OH is a card game ITS ALL PIS somebody has to win lol but it was a great show

IMO the worst part of PIS is in episode 162 when yugi used berserker soul. it's a 'proof of stacking'. eek!

Ridley_Prime

Indeed =), though even if he had officially won Ra from Marik, chances are, he wouldn't of been able to use it himself in a duel even if he wanted because of not having an understanding of the ancient scriptures (the same reason Mai couldn't use Ra when she tried), not having a connection to the ancient past like Yugi and Kaiba do, or some shit like that.

=(

Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
IMO the worst part of PIS is in episode 162 when yugi used berserker soul. it's a 'proof of stacking'. eek!
Who was he dueling in that episode again? (sorry. I usually don't go by the episode numbers in any particular show, as it tends to get confusing for me after awhile)

Demonic Phoenix

Meh, yes, technically, but he would have played differently had the circumstances been different. With him it was always about the shadow realm and shadow games.....

Meh, Yugi needed Marik to surrender in order to win stick out tongue.
Though in all honesty, once Marik got out Ra, he was more focused on weakening Joey physically via the destruction of monsters, if memory serves me correctly.

Ridley_Prime
Meh, Yugi needed Marik to surrender in order to win stick out tongue.
Nah. He could've won by force if he wanted to since Marik had only 1 lifepoint left when he and his dark side switched places, and Yugi still had Dark Magician and what not on his side of the field (if I recall right), so it would've been futile even if he hadn't surrendered.. Marik wanted to lose once he regained control of his body anyway to ensure that the rest of his dark side got vanquished, so it was a win-win situation for Yugi.

Though in all honesty, once Marik got out Ra, he was more focused on weakening Joey physically via the destruction of monsters, if memory serves me correctly.
Yeah, that's right. If Joey had enough strength left after the attack to summon Gearfried the Iron Knight to the field though, he also still should've been able to just tell the thing to attack... gay.

Demonic Phoenix
Nah. He could've won by force if he wanted to since Marik had only 1 lifepoint left when he and his dark side switched places, and Yugi still had Dark Magician and what not on his side of the field (if I recall right), so it would've been futile even if he hadn't surrendered.. Marik wanted to lose once he regained control of his body anyway to ensure that the rest of his dark side got vanquished, so it was a win-win situation for Yugi.

I was being literal about how he won, n00b stick out tongue.

Also, about the whole Joey with Ra thing, he wouldn't have been able to summon it in its regular form. It'd be in Sphere mode. He'd be better off sacrificing three monsters for Gilford. If he had won Ra, he'd be smart enough to realize that. He could try to repeat what Marik said, but that would just incur Ra's wrath I would think.

Yeah, that's right. If Joey had enough strength left after the attack to summon Gearfried the Iron Knight to the field though, he also still should've been able to just tell the thing to attack... gay.

True, it was gay. What sucks even more is that we never got to see the Joey vs. Yugi match at the end of the arc (for REBD). That was what the final should have been. They should have at least had the balls to show that match >__>.

Though, my point was that Joey could trade blows with a Ra-less Marik. Joey would have lost if Marik used Ra (and to full effect) earlier in the duel.

Without Ra, Yami Marik was good, but not as impressive as some of the others, and he was below Kaiba and Yugi imo.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Who was he dueling in that episode again? (sorry. I usually don't go by the episode numbers in any particular show, as it tends to get confusing for me after awhile)

It's Yugi vs Haga a.k.a Weevil. Yugi attacks his insect monster with his poison butterfly and breaker and left Weevil with 2200 LP. But he didn't end his battle phase he used quick spell "berserker soul" where he must sends all of his hand to the graveyard and he can draw as much as he wants. every time he draw a monster card, he must send it to the graveyard and he can attack again with a monster with 1500 ATK points. And breaker's ATK was reduced to 1500 by Weevil's card effect. And guess what... it's about 8 times in a row he drew a monster card. I wonder if the condition is different and for 8-9 turns he only draw a monster card... no expression

Ridley_Prime
I was being literal about how he won, n00b stick out tongue.

Also, about the whole Joey with Ra thing, he wouldn't have been able to summon it in its regular form. It'd be in Sphere mode. He'd be better off sacrificing three monsters for Gilford. If he had won Ra, he'd be smart enough to realize that. He could try to repeat what Marik said, but that would just incur Ra's wrath I would think.
Yeah, sadly =(...

Then again, ya never know.

True, it was gay. What sucks even more is that we never got to see the Joey vs. Yugi match at the end of the arc (for REBD). That was what the final should have been. They should have at least had the balls to show that match >__>.
I know, WTF.. At first I thought it was because they just didn't ever want to show the king of games lose on-screen, but then we saw him lose to Rafael later, so I guess that shoots that theory out the window. I don't know why they didn't show that duel then, assuming they had a reason.

Makes me realize all the more how much disservice/injustice was done to Joey as a character.

Though, my point was that Joey could trade blows with a Ra-less Marik. Joey would have lost if Marik used Ra (and to full effect) earlier in the duel.
Yeah, but that arguably would've been even dumber, and anticlimactic.

Without Ra, Yami Marik was good, but not as impressive as some of the others, and he was below Kaiba and Yugi imo.
Agreed.

Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
It's Yugi vs Haga a.k.a Weevil. Yugi attacks his insect monster with his poison butterfly and breaker and left Weevil with 2200 LP. But he didn't end his battle phase he used quick spell "berserker soul" where he must sends all of his hand to the graveyard and he can draw as much as he wants. every time he draw a monster card, he must send it to the graveyard and he can attack again with a monster with 1500 ATK points. And breaker's ATK was reduced to 1500 by Weevil's card effect. And guess what... it's about 8 times in a row he drew a monster card. I wonder if the condition is different and for 8-9 turns he only draw a monster card... no expression
Oh... I remember that.

Yeah. That definitely was the worst PIS in the series besides the Joey/Marik thing.
Also, how did Weevil's body even survive afterward? When the duel was done and he had his soul taken by the Orichalcos, Dartz caused the train they were dueling on to crash and fall down some mountain... and yet Weevil's soulless body somehow got recovered at the end and woke up in a hospital with Rex after Leviathan was destroyed. lolwtf Joey and Tristan carried Rex's useless body with them, so I can understand that, but Weevil should've died.

stuuupid 4kids

psycho gundam
yugi shoud have killed weevil and tossed the body into the water for throwing his uber rare exodia series cards into the ocean.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.