Games you wish would become franchises.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

First_Tsurugi06
With a thread involving what you wish would go away forever and another to tell which you want back, here's a thread to tell which certain games of this generation you believe should survive for the next generations to come in video gaming.

I'm aware that in this day and age, almost every game has some kind of sequel or spinoff game, but I'm talking about what games you think have potential to become long-term franchises not unlike Mario.

For me, I remember Suda51 stating that while NMH2 is Travis Touchdowns last game, he currently has enough plans for up to a No More Heroes 5. I'll hold him to that. I also honestly think that a solid trilogy can come of what started with Batman Arkham Asylum.

One Free Man
all the good ones are already franchises.

Kazenji
A good one back in the day for a franchise would've been 'Future Cop L.A.P.D.'

MadMel
sonic - srsly, i dont even consider it a franchise anymore - just a string of crappy 3d games that, despite the main characters, have very little relation to eachother erm

Kazenji
Hogs Of War would've been great as a franchise and it was 3D long before they decided to turn the Worms games 3D.

jinXed by JaNx
I'd like to see the X-men become a franchise. I'd like to see an x-men game that offers a team of badass mutants that control flawlessly and make you feel like a champ in the same fahsion of, Wolverine. Seriously, i think it's time we retire the childish, Ultimate Alliance and step up into maturity and the next generation. Imagine playing a 4 player co-op game of X-men which is handled with the same level of design and care that, Wolverine had.

I'd also like to see Ghostbusters extend into an ongoing franchise with 2 or 4 player online co-op as well as, Aliens;Colonial marines If that happens, i'll finish out my gamer years with a smile.

AsbestosFlaygon
Shining Force

Ristar

Vectorman

WickedDynamite
Psychonauts

Kazenji
C&C: Renegade

Tsal Can
Crimson Skies

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
A good one back in the day for a franchise would've been 'Future Cop L.A.P.D.'

god, i remember that game. it was desert strike, but with mechs. and lots of blood.

my brother STILL plays that damn game on his pc.

Darth Jello
I think Shanoa from Castlevania Judgement and Order of Ecclesia is a compelling enough character to have her own spinoff series. Being the single most tragic protagonist in the series helps too.

Scythe
Originally posted by Darth Jello
I think Shanoa from Castlevania Judgement and Order of Ecclesia is a compelling enough character to have her own spinoff series. Being the single most tragic protagonist in the series helps too.

I agree.

H. S. 6
Definitely Psi-Ops. I still have the urge to play that game.

Phanteros
beyond good and evil needs to return.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Phanteros
beyond good and evil needs to return.

It will be

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_Good_&_Evil_2

Kero_Co
Bangai-O. Tecnically its a franchise, but its future is not looking bright. Baten Kaitos is in a similar boat.

In that regard, I'd say moar N+ as well.

And certainly Avalon Code and TWEWY

Darth Jello
I think a franchise based on the 2004 Punisher game would be awesome.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Darth Jello
I think a franchise based on the 2004 Punisher game would be awesome.

the 3rd person torture one? loved that game.

Dragon Age for me. Awesome game.

Darth Jello
The best part of that game was experiencing from a 3rd person perspective just how dangerous and frustrating fighting Bullseye is.

WickedDynamite
Jade Empire

rabidd909
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Jade Empire

amen to that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.