Chronos (Walker Gabriel) vs Kang the Conqueror vs Rip Hunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Chronos_no_1.jpg
http://www.adamarnold.net/chronos/

vs

http://www.comicvine.com/rip-hunter/29-4937/

vs

http://www.comicvine.com/kang/29-2264/

iceman24567
Kang has better tech imo though I'm not familiar with Walker.

Prep-Man
He also appeared in DC 1M. I hear he's like a cross between Batman tactical genius and Rip Hunter tech and time manip. Very dangerous.

iceman24567
Hmm sounds about kang level smile

Bentley
Kang ftw.

Galan007
rip.

Bentley
What's Rip going to do against Kang? shifty

Galan007
the better question is: what is rip NOT going to do against kang?
herbhappy

Prep-Man
Hmm, I thought Chronos was pretty uber. Rip can take Kang.

Bentley
Oh, come on! Kang fights Thor like dudes without prep in a regular basis, took over Marvel 616 by being a good sport and not cheating by time travelling (like he totally could in a KMC match), has done every single time-travel feat there is to do, has an empire spawning in several time-lines and realities. He had a cosmic cube lying around in the last GoTG.

What has Rip ever done to ever justify to be put in the same sentence of this magnificent conqueror? Writing in a chalk-board? Geez!

Prep-Man
Rip isn't a conqueror. He's dodged time wielding villains all the time. So saying he hasn't coquerored or done this or that isn't exactly fair.

Bentley
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Rip isn't a conqueror. He's dodged time wielding villains all the time. So saying he hasn't coquerored or done this or that isn't exactly fair.

No, I just mean this is still a battle. They prep and then they battle. Kang is both, a hell of a prepper and a capable fighter. What does Rip brings to the table that can topple Kang's efforts?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Bentley
No, I just mean this is still a battle. They prep and then they battle. Kang is both, a hell of a prepper and a capable fighter. What does Rip brings to the table that can topple Kang's efforts?

Same with Rip. Nobody knows his true identity and if he doesn't want it known, he will keep it away from anyone who tries to mess with him.

In latest Blue Beetle, Rip mentions that he knows many forms of martial arts from every time period, so he's an accomplished fighter as well.

That and he's faced Per Degaton, a conqueror as well. Kang doesn't bring that much to the table.

Bentley
He beat the whole 616 Earth, he stopped Alioth and the Magus, both multiversal threats on themselves. He killed the most versed time-beings in all Marvel in straight combat and foiled their plans. He has tech that Surfer, Galactus and Dr. Strange couldn't detect. But most of all he has a bunch of concrete feats to back up his hype.

Prep-Man
And Rip was the one who helped defeat Mr. Mind. Someone who was about to devour the MULTIVERSE itself.

Bentley
Originally posted by Prep-Man
And Rip was the one who helped defeat Mr. Mind. Someone who was about to devour the MULTIVERSE itself.

Kang stopped a guy eating the multiverse already, he also stopped two mayor time wrecks that would deform the multiverse forever against the Time Keepers and the Magus.

He also holds his ground (survives) against Warrior Madness Thor in single combat.

Prep-Man
Kang stopped a guy eating the multiverse already, he also stopped two mayor time wrecks that would deform the multiverse forever against the Time Keepers and the Magus.

He also holds his ground (survives) against Warrior Madness Thor in single combat.

Like I said, they are both pretty much equal in that they are masters of time. Rip Hunter also helped defeat Gog from Kingdom. Someone who is ALSO a time traveler. He's one of the ONLY survivors of the Pre-Crisis history and knows more about time than the Linear Men.

Just because Kang has done that same thing, doesn't necessarily make him the winner. And vice versa.

Bentley
BUT, Kang has waaaaaaaaaay more combat feats. Way more scans of his abilities. The burden of proof is on you to prove that Rip can match him, we are not to suppose he will do as well as Kang without feats to back it up. Right?

Prep-Man
I have yet to be convinced that Kang could do the same to Rip hunter. Someone who is a master of time and has faced beings GREATER than Kang. I said Rip can take Kang, but I didn't say he would get the majority. It's more of a toss up, IMO.

Galan007
rip could always try to contain kang in suspendium. it was sufficient to contain uber mr. mind after all.

Prep-Man
That's if Kang could actually find him. I don't think Gog, Degaton, or Mind could find Kang.

Bentley
Kang has no self-appointed job to protect timelines, he does it when it gets in the way of his most important job: To conquer. He also doesn't have his own comic nor starrs in any book, so he has seldomly faced bigger threats.

However, what has Rip done without outside help? Kang is both a fierce fighter and a great manipulator.

Prep-Man
Kang has no self-appointed job to protect timelines, he does it when it gets in the way of his most important job: To conquer. He also doesn't have his own comic nor starrs in any book, so he has seldomly faced bigger threats.

However, what has Rip done without outside help? Kang is both a fierce fighter and a great manipulator.

Rip doesn't have his own comic, either. He's not an a list like Batman or Wolverine, so he can't hold his own book.

Rip doesn't always need help. He doesn't think linear, which helps him with his prep. He's got uber tech from any era and can hang with beings who can blow up 5-D imps.

Galan007
again, suspendium ftw.

Bentley
I would like to have some feats, about his high end technologies, but yes, he has a good chance of beating Kang if it comes to uber DC technology.

It kind of cheapens the battle though but oh well.

Prep-Man
I would like to have some feats, about his high end technologies, but yes, he has a good chance of beating Kang if it comes to uber DC technology.

It kind of cheapens the battle though but oh well.

Kang can have his tech, too.

Bentley
Yep, but Kang's tech is normally humbled by the likes of New Gods tech. He could get several cosmic cubes from different timelines or an IG, but its not in Kang's character to use such devices, he likes confrontation.

Galan007

It kind of cheapens the battle though but oh well. for instance: rip reinforced skeets' shell with a compound called 'suspendium' - on the fly. this upgrade enabled skeet to contain/imprison the uber version of mr. mind uber.

imo, kang would be screwed against that method of attack.

Bentley
Originally posted by Galan007
for instance: rip reinforced skeets' shell with a compound called 'suspendium' - on the fly. this upgrade enabled skeet to contain/imprison the uber version of mr. mind uber.

imo, kang would be screwed against that method of attack.

Suspendium was invented by doctor Sivana right? Wouldn't that be screwed using Anti-metal anyways? I mean, it could work but it can be handled by a Cosmic Cube I think.

Galan007
Suspendium was invented by doctor Sivana right? Wouldn't that be screwed using Anti-metal anyways? I mean, it could work but it can be handled by a Cosmic Cube I think. iirc, sivanna only used suspendium to momentarily hold shazam and the like. so i think it's fairly reasonable to assume rip upgraded it quite a bit, considering it held a multiversal entity.

furthermore, i'm not going to debate what items you think kang could/would gather via roaming throughout the time stream. i could easily say the same thing(s) about rip, but it would be quite illogical to do such.

Bentley
But Kang actually had a cosmic cube, so its not THAT much of a stretch.

As I said it all comes down to which kind of tech Rip can get into the battle, I'm fairly aware that there are many impressive technologies in DC that could surpass Kang if they were to be pulled into the fight.

I think using suspendium is kind of tricky considering that Mr. Mind's transformation was triggered by suspendium to begin with. I don't see why it couldn't be countered by some of Kang's existing technologies, although I don't quite see what role we should give to suspendium to begin with nor its absolute proprieties.

Zack M
Rip wins. Come at me. mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.