"The World is not ending in 2012" says NASA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/afp-nasa-2012-myths.html

NASA tells us that all the rumors about the world ending on December 21st, 2012 is nothing but nonsense. They say they've been keeping an eye on each and every known planet and none of them appear to be heading towards us and they aren't aligning and that won't happen until after a few decades. Also, it's been discovered that there's another period set after 2012 on the Mayan Calender. To know more about what other things NASA has to disprove theories of 2012, click the link on top.

King Kandy
The fact that they have to do this is so sad.

Spartan005
NO YOU'RE SO SAD THE WORLD REALLY IS ENDING IN 2012!

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!! PRAY TO THE LORD JESUS CHRIST THAT HE WILL SAVE US!!!!

One Free Man
It's because they have it wrong. The omens have foretold a zombie Apocalypse for millions of years. Only the strong will survive a wee bit longer than the weak.

dadudemon
Nemesis X, thanks for posting this.

I'd also like to add that you're doing better on the boards. The fact that you are researching things like this is a REALLY good thing. Good job, dude.

ArtificialGlory
Holy Molly! REALLY?! The world is NOT ending on 2012?! Sheeeeeet, who could have possibly thought that the whole thing was a load of steaming horseshit?! Not me, no sir!

inimalist
lol

NASA: "2012 is not the end of the world"

KMC FORUM: "woo hoo, go NASA, stupid people who doubt science"

NASA: "Global warming is man made"

KMC FORUM: "boo NASA, bloated over funded partisan waste of money"

ChakraStrings
Well, the world might not end but it is indeed in for a shock.

1202, the year the Mongols began mass invasions into nearby empires becoming a major threat to the Western world (and China + Middle East).

Change the numbers around a bit and...

2012. Boom.

2012, The Return of the Mongols to reclaim the world.

jaden101
Originally posted by ChakraStrings
Well, the world might not end but it is indeed in for a shock.

1202, the year the Mongols began mass invasions into nearby empires becoming a major threat to the Western world (and China + Middle East).

Change the numbers around a bit and...

2012. Boom.

2012, The Return of the Mongols to reclaim the world.

http://madeinhead.org/anism/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/super-retard.JPG

It'll be him what does it, guvna.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Nemesis X

NASA tells us that all the rumors about the world ending on December 21st, 2012 is nothing but nonsense. They say they've been keeping an eye on each and every known planet and none of them appear to be heading towards us and they aren't aligning and that won't happen until after a few decades. Also, it's been discovered that there's another period set after 2012 on the Mayan Calender. To know more about what other things NASA has to disprove theories of 2012, click the link on top.

The people who truly believe won't listen to it, crediting this as Government Mis-information. Remember 2000 and it's preposterous end-of-the-world scenario? Remember the reaction of alot of people leading up to that, despite the fact that it was utterly rediculous? 2012 will be exactly the same odds fanatical believers will ignore any facts to the contrary and there will be several suicides, riots, etc. etc. in the days and months leading up to December 21, 2012.

As for me? I'm going to have a party. big grin Personally, I'm looking forward to it, the last few days of 1999 were a blast leading up to the "Y2K disaster".

Darth Jello
But 12/22/2012 is the date set for alien colonization! Agent Mulder said so!

Bicnarok

GCG
fIRb8TigJ28

GCG

The Mayan calender is for Mayans and their next of kin.

Their known world was in South and Central America. Mayhaps that calender applies to that end of an era, probably and era that will end the life style of those unknown tribes in Brazil, just like they discovered a couple of years ago.

Mayhaps Brazil's government decides to build a huge water damn that engulfs their lands and end the life as these tribe's know it.

StyleTime
Originally posted by inimalist
lol

laughing out loud thumb up

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
The people who truly believe won't listen to it, crediting this as Government Mis-information. Remember 2000 and it's preposterous end-of-the-world scenario?

Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon Remember the reaction of alot of people leading up to that, despite the fact that it was utterly rediculous?

It wasn't utterly rediculous. They ran simulations on several platforms and operatins systems and some did crash. That's where the hysteria came from.

Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon 2012 will be exactly the same odds fanatical believers will ignore any facts to the contrary and there will be several suicides, riots, etc. etc. in the days and months leading up to December 21, 2012.

And the problem with those people comitting suicide is.......? big grin

Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon As for me? I'm going to have a party. big grin Personally, I'm looking forward to it, the last few days of 1999 were a blast leading up to the "Y2K disaster".

I'm not as cool as you are. I'm just...going to do homework and go to work.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by King Kandy
The fact that they have to do this is so sad. Yup. Some people actually believe this shit.

inimalist
Originally posted by King Kandy
The fact that they have to do this is so sad.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Yup. Some people actually believe this shit.

David Morrison, of the NASA Astrobiology Institute, writing in The Skeptical Inquirer.

One a day is probably a lot of email to a professional scientist from the general public.

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/myth_of_nibiru_and_the_end_of_the_world_in_2012/

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/update_on_the_nibiru_2012_doomsday

Bardock42
I'm sorry, but I feel Nasa is out of line here. There's definitely a chance that "the world" will end in 2012.

Deja~vu
I keep crossing my fingers...Ooooooo NO more world. I guess I'll just go to the next one. big grin

Rogue Jedi
Here's what happened....

Two Mayans sitting around a campfire, back in the day. They are working on the 2012 calendar. One says to the other:

"Hey, **** this calendar shit, let's go fishing."

dadudemon
Here's what happened....

Two Mayans sitting around a campfire, back in the day. They are working on the 2012 calendar. One says to the other:

They could speakty teh Engwish?

TEH MISSTEREEZ CUN TIN EWEZ!

Symmetric Chaos
Here's what happened....

The calender actually begins a new cycle. Sort of like the end of a millennium and the beginning of the next one.

pgdarth95
some people are to immature to post on this forum. laughing out loud

Im not talking about anyone in general.

Rogue Jedi
Bewbz?

dadudemon
Originally posted by pgdarth95
some people are to immature to post on this forum. laughing out loud

Im not talking about anyone in general.

Wait a minute....

laughing

shifty

BruceSkywalker

I don't need NASA to tell me what I already knew big grin

Vic Vinegar
Originally posted by inimalist
lol

laughing out loud

Mr. Rhythmic

Wow. People are so stupid that NASA has to explain this.

For God's sakes, the calender doesn't even end in 2012. It flips over.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Darth Jello
But 12/22/2012 is the date set for alien colonization! Agent Mulder said so!

smile and here I thought I was the only one to remember that. That will be an interesting time. I hope they have really cool Christmas/end of the world clearance sales!

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by dadudemon
It wasn't utterly rediculous. They ran simulations on several platforms and operating systems and some did crash. That's where the hysteria came from.

Yes... some minor systems did crash, but, seriously, people were expecting disasterous end-of-the-world results and that expectation was still utterly preposterous. But, I have to admit, I did thuroughly enjoy watching how easily people believed the world was coming to an end. And now, 2012 is coming up and the same exact entertainment is coming about again.

Originally posted by dadudemon
And the problem with those people comitting suicide is.......? big grin

Did I say there was a problem with that? I just said that's what will probably happen.

Yep, I've been planning a kick-ass doomsday party for the last year now. And since I will probably be in-between semesters that day, I will have no homework or studying to do. Just gotta remember to ask off work.

Blinky
...this coming from the organization that can't convert from Metric to US units.

mikelly
I think NASA is way off base...

1) the unseen world doesn't have to be a planet
2) Obama's Healthcare policies might kick in about that time
3) If Obama's healthcare policy kicks in then, I go to prison for not having healthcare
4) If I go to prison, my world ends.....

jinXed by JaNx

who thought the pistachio was incompatible with the jabberwocky? You made me sad it's now your business to make me happy dammit...,wait what? mad eek!

Peach
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
smile and here I thought I was the only one to remember that. That will be an interesting time. I hope they have really cool Christmas/end of the world clearance sales!

Just watch out for any alien bounty hunters. And avoid black oil stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
It would be amusing if the world actually ended. The downside to that is that there wouldn't be anyone to say ''Ha-Ha'' to NASA.

WickedDynamite
In all honesty...I do want something Globally BIG happens on 2012. Not something destructive or catastrophic but something massive. Like finding the lost city of Atlantis...or finding an Alien spacecraft...maybe something like Krishna appearing and stuff....you get the point.

inimalist
I can assure you that something major will happen in 2012

I also foresee whatever it is, those who believe in the importance of 2012 will say it is the proof

Darth Jello
I like Mikelly's assertion that a piss poor excuse for health care reform will end time.

inimalist
hey man, America is that important, and Obama is that much of a radical reformer...

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
It would be amusing if the world actually ended. The downside to that is that there wouldn't be anyone to say ''Ha-Ha'' to NASA.

There's always bugs bunny. You know he always survives planetary explosions. He'll be floating around on a nasa sign talking about the irony of his situation.

FistOfThe North
NASA - 1
The Mayans - 0

inimalist
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
NASA - 1
The Mayans - 0

heh smile

love love SCIENCE love love

Robtard
NASA - 1
The Mayans - 0

Think you need to wait until after 2012, to state that as fact. But I feel ya.

Insomniatric

December 21st? That's the day before my phucking birthday. disgust

I have to at laest turn 18 before the world decides to end.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Robtard
Think you need to wait until after 2012, to state that as fact. But I feel ya.

But it's already been predetermined that the disaster cannot happen, scientifically speaking.

Most of the courses of events that should've happened by now both globally and cosmically, according to this mayan myth, haven't happened which means that anything as far as that, isn't likely to happen, or will happen on Dec. 2012, according to that NASA article.

Besides, in science we trust.

inimalist
But it's already been predetermined that the disaster cannot happen, scientifically speaking.

scientifically: "There is no evidence that something wont happen and there is such a low probability of anything happening there is nothing to worry about"

or:

"The factual claims of the theories which predict the end of the world in 2012 are not supported by any verifiable, peer-reviewed or empirical evidence, and are not congruent with the currently accepted views in the various fields they represent."

you can't actually determine it wont, in an absolute sense.

you know, just say things in a way that conveys that to a largely scientifically illiterate mass of people

FistOfThe North
you don't get it. there was supposed to've been a sequence of events that had to've happened already (now, basically even before 2012. even before 2009) that didn't happen. and if that chain is broken the cataclismic event cannot occur.

Deja~vu
The movie is really awsome. I hope I die from a chicken bone first.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Deja~vu
The movie is really awsome. I hope I die from a chicken bone first.

So you would rather have a slow painful death of suffocation over an instantaneous crushing from a building? confused

§P0oONY
Win, win for NASA, if the world doesn't end, they're right... If the world does end we're all dead so it doesn't matter.

Ban Mido
This blows..so hard....I actually had a plan set up...that the world would end so I could bum my whole way through life and not have to get a job and I'd be so boozed up I wouldn't even know it was ending or I was dying..it was perfect.......and I could be all "AHHH F*** YOU TEACHERS I WON!" but no..looks like I'll be getting a job...bummm...errrr..</3

PENIS-ENVY
yey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.