Silver Surfer: the Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jayce78
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/174/thesilversurferwallpape.png

Summary: Norrin Radd , a young astronomer of the planet Zenn-La, makes a deal with the Cosmic Being Galactus to spare his world from destruction in exchange for his sevice. Imbued in return with a tiny portion of Galactus' Great Power Cosmic , Radd acquires great power and a silvery appearance . Equipped with a surfboard - like craft , on which he travels at speeds beyond that of light. Known from then on as the Silver Surfer . . . .

Director: TBA

Cast: TBA

Studio: Fox / Marvel

Release Date: 2012

Who would be your choice to direct this picture? What would you like to see from this film? How much are you looking Foward to this movie?

roughrider
Have to see how this fits in with Marvel's decision to reboot Fantastic Four.

jayce78
Originally posted by roughrider
Have to see how this fits in with Marvel's decision to reboot Fantastic Four.

Well from what I understand , they will be starting this from scratch as well. So I don't see how it has any relation unless they let Tim Story actually do a three? Which all signs point to reboot.

roughrider
Originally posted by jayce78
Well from what I understand , they will be starting this from scratch as well. So I don't see how it has any relation unless they let Tim Story actually do a three? Which all signs point to reboot.

No number 3; they're rebooting. Maybe in a way that ties the FF into the larger Marvel Universe.

jayce78
Well , with Fox still holding the rights to the FF character's onscreen , I would'nt hold my breath. I was hoping that Fox would've sold the movie right's back to Marvel Studio's. But no such luck I'm sorry to say.

jayce78
Just some old fun news , in case some missed it . . . .

Fox is Rebooting Fantastic Four / Silver Surfer

Source:Variety September 15, 2009

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/5999/fantasticfour.png

Variety reports that 20th Century Fox has begun overhauling the "Fantastic Four" movie franchise to take the Marvel property beyond the two films already made.

Akiva Goldsman has been hired to oversee the reboot as producer. Michael Green, the co-exec producer of TV's "Heroes" who co-wrote Green Lantern, will write the script for the new Fantastic Four film.

The 2005 Fantastic Four and 2007 sequel "Rise of the Silver Surfer" were directed by Tim Story and starred Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis. Since the deals for the reboot are just getting made, it is unclear if any of them will return.

"Marvel and Fox already had reboot plans in mind for Mr. Silver Surfer" says Peter Chernin ( CEO of Fox Studio's ). "Although we were unsure where to exactly go with the character after Fantastic Four 2. Which we thought was a nice introduction to the character. We were tinkering around with a alota idea's , but I think the right decisison was ultimatley made .

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1713/silversurfer06.jpg

Fox controls the "Fantastic Four" movie franchise in perpetuity -- as long as it continues making the films. Marvel is a producer and financial participant through a licensing agreement.

chomperx9
they need to re do the silver surfer cartoon series. there was only 13 episodes but the stories were so so.

Kazenji
Originally posted by chomperx9
they need to re do the silver surfer cartoon series. there was only 13 episodes but the stories were so so.

And get people who can actually draw for cartoons these days

the design for some of the marvel characters in cartoons these days are shithouse.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Kazenji
And get people who can actually draw for cartoons these days

the design for some of the marvel characters in cartoons these days are shithouse. i agree the 90s series xmen , 90s series spiderman and ironman beats the new series these days

jayce78
I'm actually quite parshall to the late 70's and 80's stuff myself. And to imagine a modern version that does'nt stray to much from that , would put some fire under this old boy , that's for sure.

-Pr-
silver surfer would be an absolute b*tch to do right, and the budget would need to be massive.

would love to see it, though.

Doctor-Alvis
I would like to see the one thing shown. The rarely used Galactus property that he appears to the viewer as a form that is easiest to comprehend. Then people around the world would see him as their gods of death and whatnot.

Mindship
The Surfer needs to be more Kirbyesque...bigger, more chiseled mass, not skinny and bowl-legged. CGI'ed for sure.

And an unknown should do the voice.

Bouboumaster
And Galactus should be portrayed as pimpstastic as usual, not in the form of a cloud...

chomperx9
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
And Galactus should be portrayed as pimpstastic as usual, not in the form of a cloud... i agree there but if you think about it theres really no way of putting galactus in a movie of how he's supposed to look wtihout making the movie look childish or way to fiction.

Firestorms
mtv dot com

The reports of the Silver Surfer's death are greatly exaggerated, according to screenwriter and comic book author J. Michael Straczynski.

In a recent interview, the "Ninja Assassin" scribe revealed that he wasn't sure what the status of the "Silver Surfer" movie was following the announced decision to reboot the "Fantastic Four" property. Now, Straczynski is clarifying his comments, beginning with the widespread reports that the "Silver Surfer" movie has been benched.

"When I was asked about the Silver Surfer script, I responded about the one I'd written around the time that was launched, and was designed to pick up where that one left off," said the writer in an e-mail to IGN.

"When FF2 didn't do as well as hoped for, the script was set aside, but that has NOTHING to do with the Silver Surfer script that is NOW under development at Fox with other folks," he added. "As far as I know, that is proceeding apace. So the hysteria that's gripped the nets about 'ohmygod the Surfer movie is dead!' is not correct, as I was again referring to only that one specific script tied into FF2, NOT what's being done now."

While "Surfer Surfer" might still be flying at Fox, it sounds as if Straczynski himself is no longer on board based on the "other folks" portion of his comments. Personally, I'll be pretty bummed if that's the case. Straczynski's science fiction sensibilities and his description of the project as "adult fare" had me pretty psyched for "Silver Surfer."

That's not to say that another writer couldn't tackle the material equally well, though I'm curious to see what the next step in the saga of the troubled "Silver Surfer" adaptation ends up being.

What do you make of Straczynski's comments? Is "Silver Surfer" still trucking along, and is JMS still on board? Let us know your guesses in the comments or on Twitter!

roughrider
Well, JMS is co-writer of the current Ninja Assassin, and that's not exactly wowing the critics.

-Pr-
Originally posted by roughrider
Well, JMS is co-writer of the current Ninja Assassin, and that's not exactly wowing the critics.

he's a proven writer with a good record, though. everyone has flops now and then. i'd rather he flopped his ninja movie than the surfer one.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by -Pr-
he's a proven writer with a good record, though. everyone has flops now and then. i'd rather he flopped his ninja movie than the surfer one.

Ninja Assassin is going to pay for itself, but i think he will do a decent job especially if he reads FF # 48-52 and subsequent other issues with Surfer

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by chomperx9
i agree there but if you think about it theres really no way of putting galactus in a movie of how he's supposed to look wtihout making the movie look childish or way to fiction.
That's why they should make him appear to the viewers (in the movie) as something easier to comprehend.

Alpha Centauri
If you're concerned about something appearing to be too "fiction(al)", then don't go see a movie about a silver-coated alien flying around on a surfboard.

There's nothing childish about Galactus. If people decided to knee-jerk, then that's their fault. We all know who Galactus is.

The problem with these filmmakers is that they care too much about attracting and pleasing the kind of fan who will have forgotten the movie by the following day; good or bad. Fans are the ones who will offer the most stern, continual critique.

-AC

Kazenji
What if James Cameron were to be the director for this movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.