Darth Zannah vs Darth Caedus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Who wins this battle? Zannah has sorcery and Caedus the ability to create illusions - everything goes.

Darth Subjekt
Is this even a contest?

mattatom
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Is this even a contest? Yeah damn...GalenRevanBandonBaneThe moon solo's.

Darth_Glentract
Well I think we will have a much better idea after the next Bane book is released in a few weeks.

truejedi
Caedus. and is that book only a few weeks away? hooray.

Darth_Glentract
Yeah, Dec 8. I really liked the last two, hopefully this one will live up.

Although I do think Caedus would take this, I think he'd probably have a good bit of trouble. Zannah has shown that she has extraordinary potential through killing those two Jedi even though she was untrained and being able to survive the thought bomb. Given Bane's record for Force Barriers I don't think Jacen has the ability to overcome her with the Force alone. Also, since she is a southpaw master at soresu I think Jacen would have a hard time breaking her defense with the lightsaber.

Lightsnake
She killed two nameless scrubs who didn't even try to defend themselves, that's a far cry from one of the top Sith ever who is facing her in a death match.

Jacen could take on four Jedi at once where once was Kyle Katarn...a Jedi who was likely his lesser was taking Zannah in combat and in the Force? Caedus outclasses her on every level.

Darth_Glentract
She killed them in a totally untrained state. I brought it up to show her vast Force potential. It really depends on the manner she kills Bane in (which she is supposed to do in this next book I think). If she kills him on even terms, then I think that shows she would not get totally dominated. I even said that Jacen would take this, just not in a curbstomp.

Lightsnake
Two fodder mooks caught totally by surprise. Yes, it's potential. However, this is a battle hardened, ready Sith Lord. If we'll play that game, a baby Jacen was able to help obliterate Exar Kun.

Oh, I have Dynasty of Evil spoilers from a source who got me the Rule of Two spoilers....let's just say Zannah's got some impressive showings and a...rather ignominious end.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Two fodder mooks caught totally by surprise. Yes, it's potential. However, this is a battle hardened, ready Sith Lord. If we'll play that game, a baby Jacen was able to help obliterate Exar Kun.

Oh, I have Dynasty of Evil spoilers from a source who got me the Rule of Two spoilers....let's just say Zannah's got some impressive showings and a...rather ignominious end.

Do tell. I'd rather know now than wait for the book.

Lightsnake
Zannah's body is taken over by Bane

Dr McBeefington
Zannah's body is taken over by Bane

Wtf? That's it? I guess Bane learned Andeddu's secrets after all. How does this...Work exactly? I mean Zannah eventually dies, then Cognus, then Millennial.

Lightsnake
Bane does learn Andeddu's secrets by plundering his Holocron through force of will.

Meaning Cognus eventually succeeded Bannah.

Weltall
Could Bane have continued to do it all the way down to Plagueis?

Weltall
Or even Sidious?! That would like, totally change the dynamics of this forum.

truejedi
Maybe Bane was Sidious. Maybe Bane was Caedus. Holy crap.

mattatom
Originally posted by truejedi
Maybe Bane was Sidious. Maybe Bane was Caedus. Holy crap. Maybe Bandon was Bane? First 3 letters are the same!

Dr McBeefington
Maybe Bane was Sidious. Maybe Bane was Caedus. Holy crap.

Maybe the entire premise is pointlessly retarded.

Red Nemesis
That would be such a good mindfvck to Gideon that I wouldn't even care how lame that makes everything.

Darth_Glentract
Are you ****ing kidding me? No way. Thats so gay. And you screwed up the spoilers thing. Now I'm sad cause I read it. GHEY!!!

truejedi
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
That would be such a good mindfvck to Gideon that I wouldn't even care how lame that makes everything.

QFT. Just one Sith for all time.

Wait.... what would we say to Neb?

ares834
... That sounds terrible.

Red Nemesis
QFT. Just one Sith for all time.

Wait.... what would we say to Neb?

That he was still wrong.

truejedi
IF this feat is true. (and i of course, will want to read it in context for myself) this feat trumps Sidious's ability to switch bodies at the very least, since Zannah is quite powerful with the force. It is also probably better than Kun's reincarnation tricks.

Red Nemesis
I'd be careful about saying that without context. How do we know that it isn't Zannah's incompetence, rather than Bane's skill, that makes the difference?

Lord Lucien
Or Zannah's compliance?

Red Nemesis
No thats just dum y wud u even sey sumthin liek that u gaywad

Lightsnake
Palpatine can body jump, too...hell, he can do the same thing given how I've heard the technique described.

Apparently Zannah is REALLY weak when this happens, too.

Also, anyone seen Faunus lately?

Dr McBeefington
What's the difference between what Andeddu does(transferring consciousness), and what Sidious does? Isn't it the same technique?

Red Nemesis
Palpatine can body jump, too...hell, he can do the same thing given how I've heard the technique described.

He is having college life.

Lightsnake
So he hasn't been seen here?

Darth_Glentract

I wouldn't be surprised if the Orbalisks start killing Bane and beats the crap out of Zannah and then takes her body.

Lord Lucien
Didn't Zannah have Caleb remove the Orbalisks on Ambria? They were poisoning him to death after Worror's little bubble thing.

truejedi
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
No thats just dum y wud u even sey sumthin liek that u gaywad

don't say gaywad Red! Do you know how insensitive it is to use words like that?

(this was a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG time coming. ) smile

and i prefaced my earlier comment with a "i will have to see after i read it in context.)

Eminence
Lightsnake
So he hasn't been seen here? I am seen.

I'm currently working on a twelve page Anthro paper due in three hours that I was assigned three weeks ago. It's this, Yahoo, or Facebook, and given that at least two dozen other people I know are doing the exact same thing for one class or another Facebook sounded like a bad idea.

I'll be on later.

Red Nemesis
don't say gaywad Red! Do you know how insensitive it is to use words like that?

(this was a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG time coming. ) smile

and i prefaced my earlier comment with a "i will have to see after i read it in context.)

Brah, i onlee said it cuz Stewart did on teh dayly showe.

Slash_KMC
Copycats have no soul of their own.

Red Nemesis
Pirate! Ginger!

Either you will understand the dual triple reference or you wont. Either outcome is acceptable to me.

Slash_KMC
I even understood the quadruple reference. That's how good I am.

Darth Truculent
I feel Eminence's pain - I had to write those kind of paper's in college.

Dr McBeefington
An Anthro 2301...Great time playing SOCOM in that class.

darthbanelives
Yeah, i read the book took, back in late October. i didn't expect Zannah to get taken over at all. clearly, bane was truely stronger than her, as it came down to a battle of wills and power of the dark side pretty much....over on JCF alot of people think Zannah is still alive somewhere in there....i don't think so.

truejedi
I will be interested to read it. When is it actually getting released?

Darth_Glentract
DEC 8

darthbanelives
Yeah not far away at all. if anyone wants to know anything beforehand feel free to ask

Dr McBeefington
Yea go ahead and spoil it for me since I don't have to be surprised by the retarded plot holes.

darthbanelives
what exactly would you like to know in detail? youve got zannah stupidly taking set harth as an apprentice, bane going to prakith, bane ripping the information out of andeddu's holocron, the huntress(cognus) attacks bane with a team of twenty to take him prisoner. bane and zannah fight once there, with bane at a severe disadvantage, and another time on ambria. set harth steals andeddus holocron....those are some key points

Dr McBeefington
Yea can you be more specific? How does Bane obtain Andeddu's Holocron? How does he "rip" the information out of it? Does he finish studying Nadd's Holocron? How does Cognus become who she is? How does Bane transfer his essence into Zannah and more importantly why?

I ask because that's a completely retarded plot.

darthbanelives
for sure, i was just listing things i could go into detail with. Bane learns of andeddu's holocron on prakith through his huge amount of resources. he storms the temple and rapes the crap out of anyone that stood in his way, and stole the holocron. he rips it out by overpowering andeddu, as he refuses to give bane the information on transfering his essence. yes, he has mastered everything about the dark side that he can i belive. cognus starts out as a force sensitive assasin that can sense the future somewhat. she captures bane, and then feels something in the force that says she needs to go with him when he leaves the prison. she does, and he agrees to take her as an apprentice if he survives his final duel with zannah. Bane uses the ritual of essence transfer. his body is destroyed in the process, and him and zannah battle for her body using will and dark side power. Bane ultimately wins, or it points towards that. if i had heard the spoilers before i read it, i would think that too, but i read it, and i loved it, even though zannah dies. She had already learned all of banes secrets, and even some of her own, yet for years she didn't challenge bane. she got soft kinda. not to say she wasn't powerful, just not ambitious

Dr McBeefington
So wait, Bane tries to find a new apprentice? Weird. He overpowers Andeddu? That makes him and Wyrrlok. It's not clear that Andeddu has to be from the old sith empire, yet his powers seem to have atrophied. And from you mentioned, Bane apparently doesn't master the essence technique, as his body is destroyed in the process. This technique was mastered by Ashka Boda and other Jedi who knew this, as well as Sidious I believe. I'm curious as to how the Sith Emperor prolonged his life but we can almost guarantee it to be pure stupidity unrivaled in star wars history.

Curious though, how does Cognus capture Bane?

Ms.Marvel
im curious of that as well. i get the feeling that there must have been extenuating circumstances that made him weakened or something, otherwise cognus sounds pretty powerful.

darthbanelives
no he doesnt try to find one, she comes to him. yep he does. yeah it says he's from pretty far back in the book, doesnt give a specific date. he does master it, in the ritual of essence transfer, the original body is destroyed. that's what it says on the wook and andeddu tells bane that when they are talking about it. yeah it's gonna be interesting how the sith emperor does that. do you have any idea as to who he is?

serra, the girl bane tortured in front of caleb the healer in POD hired cognus. she was an expert in poisons, and gives cognus a neurotoxin that bane will not notice, unlesss he has a second to stop and think. it takes like thirty seconds to kick in, but of course bane lasts longer. he takes out around half of her men and almost gets her before it kicks in, rendering him paralyzed. yeah when i was about to read that part i didn't know how the hell she was gonna take him. but she DID have twenty guys. and bane was extremely exhausted from absorbing all of the holocrons contents at once, and was just then fully understanding the ritual of essence transfer

darthbanelives
haha you got it right! he was severely weakened, it describes it. he still did good til the neurotoxin kicked in.d as far as andeddu, i dont think he was super powerful to begin with, he was just obesessed with eternal life.

Ms.Marvel
aw. sad i was hoping shed outsmart him or something.

darthbanelives
have no doubt cognus is smart. she's very smart. i like her alot better than zannah.

Dr McBeefington
So waits he learnes all of Andeddu's crap in such a short time?

darthbanelives
yeah in about four days he absorbs almost all of the holocron's knowlege. he still fully comprehended everything though

Dr McBeefington
4 days? Makes you wonder why it took 10 years to learn Nadd's holocron.

darthbanelives
mainly because nadd's holocron was actually willing to give its contents up probably. andeddu was greedy, didn't want to actually give bane its secret, so therefore he ripped it out. it was a concentrated burst of information, all of it smacked together. and he doesn't learn ALL of the holocrons contents, just mainly the ritual of essence transfer.

darthbanelives
it says that there wasn't much in the holocron rather than personal rants by andeddu. it says the only real knowledge in it was the ritual of essence transfer.

Dr McBeefington
That doesn't make much sense, considering his stronghold on prakith was full of sith tomes, manuals, and scripts.

darthbanelives
I think they contained personal beliefs of andeddu himself rather than sith knowledge. So while im sure there were tomes everywhere, they must not have had much use as bane doesnt aknowledge them and wyrlokk finds nothing

Dr McBeefington
If that's the case, then Andeddu blogs about his feelings more than anyone I've ever met.

darthbanelives
Not feelings, personal beliefs though.

carthage
http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/3619878.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.