Warrior madness Thor vs WW3 Black Adam (fist fight only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
No bfr.

quanchi112
Thor absolutely wrecks him.

Nihilist
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor absolutely wrecks him. How so?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nihilist
How so? The fact that BA's durability and how much stronger Thor gets when he goes into warrior madness mode. Thor from blood and thunder would wreck this guy let alone true warrior madness.

Omega Vision
Black Adam had sick damage soak.
I'll admit that I don't know how it would go down but my heart tells me that no single hero below High Herald Level has a chance against WW3 BA.
The guy was a monster and until WM Thor takes on that many powerful opponents at once my vote is for Teth Adam.

Batman-Prime
WW3 BA

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Black Adam had sick damage soak.
I'll admit that I don't know how it would go down but my heart tells me that no single hero below High Herald Level has a chance against WW3 BA.
The guy was a monster and until WM Thor takes on that many powerful opponents at once my vote is for Teth Adam. Teth didn't put any major top tiers down. They weren't going all out on him either. he killed a few weak characters and was getting beaten up badly in the process. Thor was stomped the Surfer and warlock before while not in warrior's madness.

Omega Vision
Teth didn't put any major top tiers down. They weren't going all out on him either. he killed a few weak characters and was getting beaten up badly in the process. Thor was stomped the Surfer and warlock before while not in warrior's madness.
The fact remains no one was able to stop him until Captain Marvel came along. Don't say they weren't going all out: they were fighting for their lives.

quanchi112
The fact remains no one was able to stop him until Captain Marvel came along. Don't say they weren't going all out: they were fighting for their lives. Name me one top tier he beat in that melee combat.

Omega Vision
Name me one top tier he beat in that melee combat.
Martian Manhunter.

quanchi112
Martian Manhunter. When?

Prep-Man
BA wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
BA wins. Based on what?

BattleMage
Warrior madness Thor>Super man/Black Adam

Rage.Of.Olympus
What the hell? I go back on KMC and this is the crap I come back to?

Lol, Thor stomps him bad.

What's with all this Black Adam wank? He didn't have any strength boost, and his durability took a dive (John's vision melted half his face. Heck, he had arrows sticking out of his arms.).

The most important people he took on, were Guy, John, Firestorm and Alan Scott as I recall, and all the writer had them do, was attack him and have him toss people at them which took them out of the fight. The Green Lantern's didn't have any shields on and for some reason attempted to tackle him physically. I don't know what they were attempting to do in any case (That's akin to the Kyle Rayner punching Deathstroke incident.).

Hell, John was stating that they're were people stronger, faster, and more powerful than him. The reason he was doing so well was because every blow from him was meant to kill and he was ruthless apparently as I recall.

Physically taking on Donna Troy, Power Girl or Atom Smasher does NOT impress me. Thinking about it, this wasn't a very good showing for Adam really. His other fights with the JSA impressed me more personally

A pissed off Superman would beat the piss out of this version of Black Adam in my opinion much less a Warrior Madness Thor. A Warrior Madness Thor is a blood lusted Thor with a ten times strength amp. He rips Black Adam's head off. His face was swollen and wasted from a bunch of cannon fodder as I recall.

I have to get back to work. I'll come back on this weekend, as I am too busy to reply to the other debates I was having, right now. Have to get back to my assignment. Anyways. Just wanted to add that in. I logged back on and couldn't take some of the crap stated

Naija boy
Thor wins easily

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What the hell? I go back on KMC and this is the crap I come back to?

Lol, Thor stomps him bad.

What's with all this Black Adam wank? He didn't have any strength boost, and his durability took a dive (John's vision melted half his face. Heck, he had arrows sticking out of his arms.).

The most important people he took on, were Guy, John, Firestorm and Alan Scott as I recall, and all the writer had them do, was attack him and have him toss people at them which took them out of the fight. The Green Lantern's didn't have any shields on and for some reason attempted to tackle him physically. I don't know what they were attempting to do in any case (That's akin to the Kyle Rayner punching Deathstroke incident.).

Hell, John was stating that they're were people stronger, faster, and more powerful than him. The reason he was doing so well was because every blow from him was meant to kill and he was ruthless apparently as I recall.

Physically taking on Donna Troy, Power Girl or Atom Smasher does NOT impress me. Thinking about it, this wasn't a very good showing for Adam really. His other fights with the JSA impressed me more personally

A pissed off Superman would beat the piss out of this version of Black Adam in my opinion much less a Warrior Madness Thor. A Warrior Madness Thor is a blood lusted Thor with a ten times strength amp. He rips Black Adam's head off. His face was swollen and wasted from a bunch of cannon fodder as I recall.

I have to get back to work. I'll come back on this weekend, as I am too busy to reply to the other debates I was having, right now. Have to get back to my assignment. Anyways. Just wanted to add that in. I logged back on and couldn't take some of the crap stated
I agree yes

celeyhyga17
In no way Thor wins easily. No way.... Black Adam is a beast. Thor would be hard pressed to beat him with Mjolnir let alone without one. BA has the speed advantage while i believe Thor has the strength and durability advantage. BA is no slouch either in both areas. I think he almost equals him in that. Thor has dealt with faster opponents than himself many times. I say Thor 5.5/10
7/10 with hammer----Just wanted to add this in

vansonbee
Thor absolutely wrecks him. thumb up

Maybe regular Thor be fair, but WM boost is madness!

OneDumbG0
WM Thor is no joke, even if limited to brawling. But neither was WWIII Black Adam.

Galan007
i'd go with thor. though i'm not of the opinion it would be easy for him.

h1a8
If Thor wins then it is not easy as some are saying here.

shokosugi
I would go with WM Thor but it won't be easy. 5.5/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by shokosugi
I would go with WM Thor but it won't be easy. 5.5/10 How does Thor lose a single matchup?

tkitna
How does Thor lose a single matchup?

He doesnt.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by tkitna
He doesnt.
He can and will lose a few. BA is a monster and has him beat on versatility WM Thor is kinda just a brawler.

quanchi112
He can and will lose a few. BA is a monster and has him beat on versatility WM Thor is kinda just a brawler. No, he isn't. He didn't beat one top tier down. He was less powerful than some there and was trying to kill them all yet didn't beat one top tier legitimately and they were holding back.

Kris Blaze
He can and will lose a few. BA is a monster and has him beat on versatility WM Thor is kinda just a brawler.

BA does NOT have Thor beat in versatility no expression

Prep-Man
I would say they're pretty close. He did take multiple hits from Onimar Synn, someone who is above top tier. Punched him through the atmosphere and still wanted to keep on going.

Cap's durability is insane, too. Was able to survive from being turned inside out.

quanchi112
I would say they're pretty close. He did take multiple hits from Onimar Synn, someone who is above top tier. Punched him through the atmosphere and still wanted to keep on going.

Cap's durability is insane, too. Was able to survive from being turned inside out. This is WW 3 BA.

Prep-Man
This is WW 3 BA.

His durability doesn't change.

quanchi112
His durability doesn't change. MM blasted/melted his face. He was actually powered up in ww3 too by the way.

Prep-Man
So? It didn't KO him or anything. And eventually beat MM.

quanchi112
So? It didn't KO him or anything. And eventually beat MM. If you can melt his face that means he isn't that durable. MM wasn't also trying to kill him.

h1a8
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
BA does NOT have Thor beat in versatility no expression This is not Thor here.

Prep-Man
If you can melt his face that means he isn't that durable. MM wasn't also trying to kill him.

Past feats prove otherwise. BA is very durable.

quanchi112
Past feats prove otherwise. BA is very durable. This is ww 3 ba. HV melted his face. This is undeniable.

Prep-Man
WW3 BA is pretty much the same as regular BA. No big difference. He also took an attack in his head that was the size of a football field. He'll get the job done.

h1a8
MM blasted/melted his face. He was actually powered up in ww3 too by the way. How do you know how powerful MM blast is? Did you see something it could not damage? If so, then how does the durability of that object or being compare to say Superman.

Also I caught you in some serious bias here. Remember characters have both high and low showings. But you choose to use the low ones when it fits you to get your character to win. Remember your debates with Sentry? You claimed he was so fast because of certain feats. But guess what? He has low showings that says his speed feats is an utter lie.

h1a8
This is ww 3 ba. HV melted his face. This is undeniable. And many other high level energy blasts supposedly greater than HV blasts didn't. That means either HV>>>>Thor's energy beams or that it was PIS. Choose!

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
How do you know how powerful MM blast is? Did you see something it could not damage? If so, then how does the durability of that object or being compare to say Superman.

Also I caught you in some serious bias here. Remember characters have both high and low showings. But you choose to use the low ones when it fits you to get your character to win. Remember your debates with Sentry? You claimed he was so fast because of certain feats. But guess what? He has low showings that says his speed feats is an utter lie. Because it's around Superman level imo maybe less with what it's been shown capable of. Nowhere near a mjolnir slam that's for sure.

This is ww 3 Black Adam which means this is the showing we are going by. How don't you get it? It's one story arc and this is the only BA involved here.Originally posted by h1a8
And many other high level energy blasts supposedly greater than HV blasts didn't. That means either HV>>>>Thor's energy beams or that it was PIS. Choose! Such as? Name these blasts?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by h1a8
This is not Thor here.

That sentence makes no sense.

Naija boy
BA is on par with regular thor both durability wise and strength wise. WM is thor ten times stronger than normal. the strength advantage for thor will be far to huge for BA to overcome. (unless of course u subscribe to h1a8s nonsense of Dc characters being millions fo time stronger than thor). He has no chance here at all.

khazra
Originally posted by Naija boy
BA is on par with regular thor both durability wise and strength wise. WM is thor ten times stronger than normal. the strength advantage for thor will be far to huge for BA to overcome. (unless of course u subscribe to h1a8s nonsense of Dc characters being millions fo time stronger than thor). He has no chance here at all.
This

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Naija boy
Where is it stated that WM Thor is Ten times stronger than Normal?

Merlyn
"HV melted BA's face, so Thor definitely wins"... I love that argument. laughing out loud

Newayz I think a lot of people are forgetting the ridiculously powerful team of heroes Black Adam steamrolled through. Other than comments made regarding WM Thor's power, what FEATS does he have that put him over WWIII Adam?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Merlyn
"HV melted BA's face, so Thor definitely wins"... I love that argument. laughing out loud

Newayz I think a lot of people are forgetting the ridiculously powerful team of heroes Black Adam steamrolled through. Other than comments made regarding WM Thor's power, what FEATS does he have that put him over WWIII Adam? The fact remains BA didn't have one legit win against a true top tier. They all held back and he only managed to kill a few bums.

You'd be hard pressed to argue against a normal Thor let alone one ten times as strong as he usually is. He'd easily break him in two. At twice his strength this becomes spite.

Kris Blaze
There's not much Thor has done in Warrior Madness. He entered it once and beat Adam Warlock (Or someone who resembles adam warlock) and that was it. The second time around it's debatable whether or not he truly did have Warrior Madness (Odin disagrees) but if it counts, then Thor beat Adam Warlock, Surfer and BRB. Not to mention beating up Pluto and Ares easily before that.

Newayz I think a lot of people are forgetting the ridiculously powerful team of heroes Black Adam steamrolled through. Other than comments made regarding WM Thor's power, what FEATS does he have that put him over WWIII Adam?

Black Adam didn't really defeat all of those heroes though, he held them off. They all took a good beating, but none of they were down and knocked out. 'sides, Alan Scott kept on trying to choke him and Dr.Light was standing in melee range. The teams Black Adam fought were not nearly as great as the sum of their parts.

Merlyn
The fact remains BA didn't have one legit win against a true top tier. They all held back and he only managed to kill a few bums.

You'd be hard pressed to argue against a normal Thor let alone one ten times as strong as he usually is. He'd easily break him in two. At twice his strength this becomes spite. You completely dodged my question.

Black Adam didn't really defeat all of those heroes though, he held them off. They all took a good beating, but none of they were down and knocked out. 'sides, Alan Scott kept on trying to choke him and Dr.Light was standing in melee range. The teams Black Adam fought were not nearly as great as the sum of their parts. What did you expect BA to do when he's getting ganged up on? Spend time owing one character, before moving on to another? That may sound good on paper, but when you're getting ganged up on, you don't have time to deal with the others on an individual level, you have to smack one to the side and move on to the others. And no matter how you try to word it, BA pummeled through dozens of DC earths most powerful heroes. That is impressive regardless.

And from what you said, WM Thor hasn't done a thing on that level.

khazra
Yeah alan scott isnt even of superhuman strength. Not being touched by him h2h says little.

Ultimately BA showed himself to be a little superior to J'onn which is way below a thor whos beating surfer & BrB back to back

Kris Blaze
What did you expect BA to do when he's getting ganged up on? Spend time owing one character, before moving on to another? That may sound good on paper, but when you're getting ganged up on, you don't have time to deal with the others on an individual level, you have to smack one to the side and move on to the others. And no matter how you try to word it, BA pummeled through dozens of DC earths most powerful heroes. That is impressive regardless.

And from what you said, WM Thor hasn't done a thing on that level.

The hell are you talking about now? Never once did I make any comments about how he should have fought. Respond to what I actually write. My point was that none of the characters he faced properly utilized their powers. Alan Scott didn't even use his ring half the time, he was an old-man trying to choke Black Adam from behind. There's also a limit to how much numbers matter, like Guy Gardner said, their plan eventually became "just bury him" and they poured on.

Sheer number makes little difference when someone of that level is involved. It doesn't matter whether Beast Boy and Stargirl drops in, because they'll all be one-shotted. Some of the heroes do more harm then good when they start showing up. What the hell is Wildcat supposed to do? These were not earth's most powerful heroes for that matter. Guy Gardner and Alan Scott, the only really big-guns there did not really do anything. Manhunter faced him alone and that was close. Captain Marvel was the one who eventually ended all of it.

Thor beat Pluto, who could kill most of the heroes BA fought with little effort. He's a god damned Elder God.

quanchi112
You completely dodged my question.

What did you expect BA to do when he's getting ganged up on? Spend time owing one character, before moving on to another? That may sound good on paper, but when you're getting ganged up on, you don't have time to deal with the others on an individual level, you have to smack one to the side and move on to the others. And no matter how you try to word it, BA pummeled through dozens of DC earths most powerful heroes. That is impressive regardless.

And from what you said, WM Thor hasn't done a thing on that level. How so? Wm wasn't used all that much. He is stated to be ten times as strong and I gave feats for what regular Thor is capable of. How aren't you getting this? Thor is strong enough to trade blows with him on his own outside of an amp this lopsided.

Prep-Man

Yep. It's not the only time Adam fought a group of heroes. He did the same with the JSA. Hourman himself admited he couldn't stop him alone.

khazra
Yep. It's not the only time Adam fought a group of heroes. He did the same with the JSA. Hourman himself admited he couldn't stop him alone.
Class 80 (supposedly, dont think he has anything to support it) hourman couldnt take out a legit top tier on his own?
sad

quanchi112
Yep. It's not the only time Adam fought a group of heroes. He did the same with the JSA. Hourman himself admited he couldn't stop him alone. Thor stomping the Surfer and Warlock into the ground makes this feat look mild by comparison.

Rage.Of.Olympus
What the hell did Black Adam do that was impressive?

This was one of Black Adam's lowest showings. His durability took a serious dive, and his level of strength wasn't even impressive. His greatest feats were taking on Donna Troy, Power Girl and Atom Smasher, and that isn't actually impressive. Heck, John was stating that they were people stronger than him, and every blow of his was meant to kill and he wasn't holding back, and those chumps were still tanking his attacks.

Breaking Green Lantern bones when they charge at you to tackle you physically with no shields, is NOT impressive. Black Adam has impressed me a heck of a lot more in his fights with the JSA.

A ticked off Superman or normal Thor would put their fists through this Black Adam's face.

quanchi112
What the hell did Black Adam do that was impressive?

This was one of Black Adam's lowest showings. His durability took a serious dive, and his level of strength wasn't even impressive. His greatest feats were taking on Donna Troy, Power Girl and Atom Smasher, and that isn't actually impressive. Heck, John was stating that they were people stronger than him, and every blow of his was meant to kill and he wasn't holding back, and those chumps were still tanking his attacks.

Breaking Green Lantern bones when they charge at you to tackle you physically with no shields, is NOT impressive. Black Adam has impressed me a heck of a lot more in his fights with the JSA.

A ticked off Superman or normal Thor would put their fists through this Black Adam's face. I don't see a ticked off Superman beating BA though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't see a ticked off Superman beating BA though.

I see him beating WW3 Black Adam.

Black Adam > WW3 Black Adam

Why do people have this notion that he was somehow superior to his normal self is beyond me. Green Arrow's arrows were sticking out of his arm and he was bleeding. His face was a mess from a few no name cannon fodder. His strength probably took a dive too, if the people who tanked his blows tanked blows that were meant to have all his strength behind it.

quanchi112
I see him beating WW3 Black Adam.

Black Adam > WW3 Black Adam

Why do people have this notion that he was somehow superior to his normal self is beyond me. Green Arrow's arrows were sticking out of his arm and he was bleeding. His face was a mess from a few no name cannon fodder. His strength probably took a dive too, if the people who tanked his blows tanked blows that were meant to have all his strength behind it. The guy was just taking them all on at once though. He was said to have been amped so he was slightly greater than regular BA despite his facing melting.

He was koing people left and right. Most top tiers can't just take on all these characters just blitzing him though. He also let MM off the hook and it later cost him.

jrodslam
Lots of contradictions in the books.

1.Yes it was stated that every blow Adam dealt was meant to kill, but we all that wasnt the case, considering a lot more ppl would have been dead. We need to throw that out the window.

2. It was mentioned in one book that Adam possessed the power of 7 gods, thus ppl saying he was powered up, yet in other books, that extra power(from Isis) he supposedly had, went back into the amulet immediately upon Isis's death. Flawed. Id rather believe its the latter considering there was a series that stated the power went back into the amulet.

I think Adam had a nice strength feat in throwing that navy carrier from Egypt all the way to Ny i think it was. I find that pretty impressive.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The guy was just taking them all on at once though. He was said to have been amped so he was slightly greater than regular BA despite his facing melting.

He was koing people left and right. Most top tiers can't just take on all these characters just blitzing him though. He also let MM off the hook and it later cost him.

Taking them all on is suppose to be impressive? They attacked him in waves first of all, and the most powerful members were completely ineffective.

Alan Scott, Guy Gardner, John, Firestorm, Dr. Light all tried to attack him physically and were taken out. Why on Earth would characters with those kind of power sets try to slug it out with him is beyond me.

The only people that I actually know the name off that he attacked at the same time and had superhuman stats that were over like Class 1 were Power Girl and Atom Smasher. Everybody else seemed to just float there or take turns from what I remember.

Knocking out, people with human level durability is not impressive.

Yes they can. I'll take on quality over quantity, and formidability over simple numbers anyday. Thor knocking around Warlock and Norrin is more impressive than anything Adam did in that arc.

quanchi112
Taking them all on is supposed to be impressive? They attacked him in waves first of all, and the most powerful members were completely ineffective.

Alan Scott, Guy Gardner, John, Firestorm, Dr. Light all tried to attack him physically and were taken out.

The only people that I actually know the name off that he attacked at the same time were Power Girl and Atom Smasher. Everybody else seemed to just float there or take turns from what I understand.

Knocking out, people with human level durability is not impressive.

Yes they can. I'' take on quality over quantity, and formidability over simple power anyday. Thor knocked around Warlock and Norrin is more impressive than anything Adam did in that arc. The fact that this many characters were getting there asses kicked in packs was impressive. The guy destroyed an entire country and the entire world was freaking out over one guy. He wasn't smart about it either and welcomed them all.

The only reason he was defeated also was due to MM messing with his head after BA gave him a pass and Marvel depowering him.

I already said it was, but don't act like BA's showing wasn't impressive. If you compare it to blood and thunder of course it doesn't stand up, but that was one of the most impressive showings ever by a top tier.

Kris Blaze
Note that Alan Scott has tried to choke physically superior opponents on at least 3 occasions. Black Adam once and Superboy Prime twice.

WHAT THE HELL OLD MAN!

Prep-Man
Originally posted by khazra
Class 80 (supposedly, dont think he has anything to support it) hourman couldnt take out a legit top tier on his own?
sad

Android Hourman?

Rage.Of.Olympus
The fact that this many characters were getting there asses kicked in packs was impressive. The guy destroyed an entire country and the entire world was freaking out over one guy. He wasn't smart about it either and welcomed them all.

The only reason he was defeated also was due to MM messing with his head after BA gave him a pass and Marvel depowering him.

I already said it was, but don't act like BA's showing wasn't impressive. If you compare it to blood and thunder of course it doesn't stand up, but that was one of the most impressive showings ever by a top tier.

Not really. Colossus would do just as well, if Green Lanterns tried to attack him physically as well. It's not impressive at all, taking on opponents with human level abilities and then taking on Power Girl, Donna Troy, and Atom Smasher while going all out. Especially when you compare it to beings such as Superman orThor.

By destroy an entire country, you mean kill the entire population that was made up of the average humans? That's NOT impressive at all.

And the heroes not having his mentality also contributed. John flat out stated, there were people stronger, faster, more powerful (Which is once again not impressive.), and Black Adam simply fought with no intention of holding back, every blow meant to kill. Not impressive.

There was nothing impressive about it. If I stated that Black Adam took on Alan Scott, Guy Gardner, John Stewart, Firestorm, Dr. Light, Jay Garrick, Power Girl, etc. at the same time of course it sounds impressive. If you see the actual scans of said instance it is not impressive at all. Far from it. Nothing any decent Class 100 couldn't accomplish.

The most powerful members all attacked him physically. The others? He took one by one and the only one he attacked at the same time were Atom Smasher and Power Girl as I recall. Not impressive at all, compared to Top Tiers.

thanos-prime
WM thor

quanchi112
Not really. Colossus would do just as well, if Green Lanterns tried to attack him physically as well. It's not impressive at all, taking on opponents with human level abilities and then taking on Power Girl, Donna Troy, and Atom Smasher while going all out. Especially when you compare it to beings such as Superman orThor.

By destroy an entire country, you mean kill the entire population that was made up of the average humans? That's NOT impressive at all.

And the heroes not having his mentality also contributed. John flat out stated, there were people stronger, faster, more powerful (Which is once again not impressive.), and Black Adam simply fought with no intention of holding back, every blow meant to kill. Not impressive.

There was nothing impressive about it. If I stated that Black Adam took on Alan Scott, Guy Gardner, John Stewart, Firestorm, Dr. Light, Jay Garrick, Power Girl, etc. at the same time of course it sounds impressive. If you see the actual scans of said instance it is not impressive at all. Far from it. Nothing any decent Class 100 couldn't accomplish.

The most powerful members all attacked him physically. The others? He took one by one and the only one he attacked at the same time were Atom Smasher and Power Girl as I recall. Not impressive at all, compared to Top Tiers. You can sit hit and minimize him and downplay but it doesn't change a thing.

The guy was still just fighting like a rabid animal and still winning. MM, Alan Scott, and Firestorm are credible threats and when you give them mass numbers look at the fact BA gave MM a free pass and you had to depower him to beat him I don't see how you can downplay it?

The didn't beat him into submission. The entire world was basically after this guy and it was just him against them all.

I think destroying the entire country was cool not that anyone else couldn't do it it's just they wouldn't do it. His ferocity is what impressed me.

Ok, if there are people stronger, faster, and more powerful then how isn't it impressive? If he's contending with an army of superheroes who are these things then how is him keeping up not impressive? You seem to want it both ways. You can't.

Who else has done so? Who else took on all these forces? You keep saying anyone could do it, but who has?

It was impressive you just ware being rather ridiculous here. I'd like some examples to of other top tiers taking on as many challengers as BA did while fighting solo.

Omega Vision
You can sit hit and minimize him and downplay but it doesn't change a thing.

The guy was still just fighting like a rabid animal and still winning. MM, Alan Scott, and Firestorm are credible threats and when you give them mass numbers look at the fact BA gave MM a free pass and you had to depower him to beat him I don't see how you can downplay it?

The didn't beat him into submission. The entire world was basically after this guy and it was just him against them all.

I think destroying the entire country was cool not that anyone else couldn't do it it's just they wouldn't do it. His ferocity is what impressed me.

Ok, if there are people stronger, faster, and more powerful then how isn't it impressive? If he's contending with an army of superheroes who are these things then how is him keeping up not impressive? You seem to want it both ways. You can't.

Who else has done so? Who else took on all these forces? You keep saying anyone could do it, but who has?

It was impressive you just ware being rather ridiculous here. I'd like some examples to of other top tiers taking on as many challengers as BA did while fighting solo.
thumb up

Kris Blaze
thumb up

Why are you giving him the Thumbs up? He cited Alan Scott, who did not use his ring. Never saw any worthwhile matter manipulation from Firestorm and frankly, Martian Manhunter DID a great deal of damage. no expression

Omega Vision
Why are you giving him the Thumbs up? He cited Alan Scott, who did not use his ring. Never saw any worthwhile matter manipulation from Firestorm and frankly, Martian Manhunter DID a great deal of damage. no expression
Not the facts so much as the spirit of it. Black Adam was a beast, even if a lot of the people who fought him were idiots.
If anything Martian Manhunter was finally living up to his potential when he fought BA.

Kris Blaze
Not the facts so much as the spirit of it. Black Adam was a beast, even if a lot of the people who fought him were idiots.
If anything Martian Manhunter was finally living up to his potential when he fought BA.

How was Martian Manhunter living up to his potential dude?

He did not use phasing to avoid attacks, he did not really use his shapeshifting in a worthwhile way and I did not see any hint of his awesome healing abilities. Martian Manunter attacked and that was basically it, which made him seem impressive because nobody else really attacked. Gardner, Firestorm and Alan Scott did not really do anything in the fight.

If anything, the feats and scans that would hold this debate, would be the ones of regular Thor and regular Black Adam. Because their showings with these stipulations are few.

I'll give Adam's healing abilities some respect though, those were sick.

jrodslam
In the past, Scott has used constructs vs Adam and it did not a damn thing. This time would definitely be no different. Adam tossed Powergirl so hard and fast that he made her crack Guys ribs. As far as Firestorm goes, i dont think any of the Marvels can be effected by matter manipulation unless its magic.

The writing was a bit bleehh, just to make it seem more interesting. Manhunter saying that there were people there stronger, faster and more powerful than Adam isnt all true at all. Who there was stronger than Adam? Noone. Who there was faster? Not more than a hand full. More powerful, a few as well, but you have to take into consideration that some attack may not have any effect or affect at all.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You can sit hit and minimize him and downplay but it doesn't change a thing.

I'm not downplaying anything. I'm telling you like it happened.

Fighting like a rabid animal while his opponents were fighting like mental retards with their power sets. First of all Martian Manhunter never attacked Black Adam with anyone helping him. He attacked him twice, and did so alone as I recall. Having 5 characters, and only 1 with barely above human level durability attack you is NOT impressive. Without their power sets, Alan Scott, Dr. Light, Guy Gardner, and John Stewart, are NOT impressive. They are human. Firestorm is the only one with some enhanced durability and that's questionable at best as to what level, and Black Adam simply knocked him away.

I don't see how a bunch of heroes, attacking you, looking at the occurrence is impressive at all. They floated there while some attacked, the human level durability ones charged in and were put down. Then Power Girl etc. attacked him. It wasn't impressive at all to me. They could have. After a while Martian Manhunter came in, and rocked Adam's world in a single hit. Then Alan Scott flew in and was restraining him without any problem. He didn't seem to be going anywhere. Marvel flew in just at the right moment though.

Again, killing humans is not impressive. Him throwing a sissy feat isn't either. He was just blood lusted and back to his usual self before he tried to play the Anti-Hero/Hero role.

It's not impressive because being called weaker when the line up is made up of Power Girl, and Donna Troy in terms of physical prowess is just sad. And it's not impressive because the only characters who do impress me, attacked him as humans and were tripping over themselves. The only ones he went toe to toe with that I know the names of, were Power Girl, Atom Smasher, and Donna Troy. Steel once too I think dive bombed him but that's about it.

I could easily reference Deathstroke taking on the Justice League or Prometheus for one. Heck, Superman defeating the army of Doomsday clones with his heat vision impressed me more. Or Batman with Superman's powers taking on the Justice League(From Superman/Batman. Is that cannon?). The heroes were all extremely ineffective on all the examples I listed. It wasn't impressive. The heroes were just stupid. Although the Prometheus one was an impressive display of tactical knowledge.

No Top Tier has ever taken on these many heroes, and knocked them around, because no Top Tier would be able to, unless the heroes are fighting like mental retards. Hence why you have Deathstroke doing it, and not say

quanchi112
I'm not downplaying anything. I'm telling you like it happened.

Fighting like a rabid animal while his opponents were fighting like mental retards with their power sets. First of all Martian Manhunter never attacked Black Adam with anyone helping him. He attacked him twice, and did so alone as I recall. Having 5 characters, and only 1 with barely above human level durability attack you is NOT impressive. Without their power sets, Alan Scott, Dr. Light, Guy Gardner, and John Stewart, are NOT impressive. They are human. Firestorm is the only one with some enhanced durability and that's questionable at best as to what level, and Black Adam simply knocked him away.

I don't see how a bunch of heroes, attacking you, looking at the occurrence is impressive at all. They floated there while some attacked, the human level durability ones charged in and were put down. Then Power Girl etc. attacked him. It wasn't impressive at all to me. They could have. After a while Martian Manhunter came in, and rocked Adam's world in a single hit. Then Alan Scott flew in and was restraining him without any problem. He didn't seem to be going anywhere. Marvel flew in just at the right moment though.

Again, killing humans is not impressive. Him throwing a sissy feat isn't either. He was just blood lusted and back to his usual self before he tried to play the Anti-Hero/Hero role.

It's not impressive because being called weaker when the line up is made up of Power Girl, and Donna Troy in terms of physical prowess is just sad. And it's not impressive because the only characters who do impress me, attacked him as humans and were tripping over themselves. The only ones he went toe to toe with that I know the names of, were Power Girl, Atom Smasher, and Donna Troy. Steel once too I think dive bombed him but that's about it.

I could easily reference Deathstroke taking on the Justice League or Prometheus for one. Heck, Superman defeating the army of Doomsday clones with his heat vision impressed me more. Or Batman with Superman's powers taking on the Justice League(From Superman/Batman. Is that cannon?). The heroes were all extremely ineffective on all the examples I listed. It wasn't impressive. The heroes were just stupid. Although the Prometheus one was an impressive display of tactical knowledge.

No Top Tier has ever taken on these many heroes, and knocked them around, because no Top Tier would be able to, unless the heroes are fighting like mental retards. Hence why you have Deathstroke doing it, and not say I think you are downplaying it. I can give numerous instances of credible top tiers having more than their fair share from one other top tier let alone top tiers with massive help against one man.

He gave MM a pass and let him back off of him. MM attacked his mind later which ended up being his downfall. The characters were throwing what they had at him despite the fact they didn't go page after page f them using their abilities the point was made very clear. Black Adam was a badass. The point wasn't his opposition is fighting like retards.

I didn't say the act itself was impressive I credited the sheer savagery and ferocity to carry out the deed was what impressed me.

They held onto him for what seemed like a brief moment to depower him. Don't act like had Marvel not interceded that BA wold have been unable to break free.

You seem to have missed the whole point of this arc and are fixated on downplaying the situation.

How isn't going toe to toe with these characters are everything else he went through not impressive as he was still standing? How wasn't it impressive that they had to depower him to beat him?

The same DD clones in which Batman took a few out? That impressed you more? Scrub clones that were created to die impressed you more than ww 3. That's hilarious and wrong on so many levels.

Deathstroke never took on a force like this.

I guess you can't give an example of an Orion or Superman level character in dc who has done the same, but there's the doomsday clone feat to make up for it.

Prep-Man
Thor stomping the Surfer and Warlock into the ground makes this feat look mild by comparison.

Android Hourman? A being that is above either Warlock or Surfer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.