Who was the most powerful sith lord?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Samurai100
I am wondering who the greatest sith lord is starwars

Slash_KMC
That's an easy question.

It's Darth Sidious Lord Revan.

truejedi
its sidious. no question.

mattatom
Bandon solo's Originally posted by Red Nemesis
thumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb up times infinity infinity times to the infinitieth power infinity times.

Once again Nemesis you help.

Lord Lucien
Palpatine. Read Gideon's easy.

Dr McBeefington
easy?

Lord Lucien
Sleep deprivation makes me confuse words. Essay-easy. Cat-hat. Right-stupid hoe.

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Sleep deprivation makes me confuse words. Essay-easy. Cat-hat. Right-stupid hoe. Knows when to shut up-HWKA?

REXXXX
No bashing, mattatom...

mattatom
That was a compliment! Sidious by far.

Darth Truculent
Sidious by miles.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by mattatom
Knows when to shut up-HWKA?
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

I'm gonna vote for Plagaeiou(y)s

BoratBorat
Darth Vader was the most powerful sith.

Darth Truculent
Vader was only 80% of Sidious's power when he became the body suit man. Afterwards, he couldn't achieve his full potential due to the damage he suffered at the hands of Obi-Wan.

Lord Lucien

*facepalm*

Slash_KMC
What? Srsly? I really thought Vader was way more powerful than Sidious at his prime. Gosh darnit.

BoratBorat
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Vader was only 80% of Sidious's power when he became the body suit man. Afterwards, he couldn't achieve his full potential due to the damage he suffered at the hands of Obi-Wan. No, vader is 500% the power of sidious.

Get your facts straight.

Jamefril
Originally posted by BoratBorat
No, vader is 500% the power of sidious.

Get your facts straight.

LIES!!!!

BoratBorat
TRUTH!!!

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Sidious by miles.

Define miles, cause I wouldn't say that there aren't other Sith who could give him a tough fight. He's definitely the strongest, but not to where he'd just wtfpwn all others.

Lord Lucien
Yeah, Bane and Caedus would give him a good fight.

Darth Truculent
Sidious had access to all Sith powers. He may not have been the greatest lightsaber artist (Mace defeated him), but he had fully developed his overall mastery and power. Caedus hadn't fully reached his potential, but if he survived it can be argued that would have been the most powerful Sith.

Gideon
Yeah, Bane and Caedus would give him a good fight.

I'd imagine that there are probably a dozen Sith (or Force users) who could give Sidious a good fight.

BoratBorat
Plz do name them.

Gideon
Plz do name them.

Under certain (realistic) circumstances: Luke Skywalker, Caedus, Yoda, Bane, Revan, Windu, Vader, Dooku, Kun, Ragnos, Sadow, Nihilus, Marek, and Gethzerion.

Lord Lucien
I just don't see Dooku giving DE Sidious that hard of a time.

Gideon
Lord Lucien
I just don't see Dooku giving DE Sidious that hard of a time.

I qualified the statement: "under conceivable (realistic) circumstances." Truthfully, I don't imagine that there was an absolutely tremendous gap between Sidious circa RotS versus Sidious circa DE. The argument is partly semantic, but I don't imagine that he was, say, twice as powerful as he was during the Clone Wars. He learned a greater scope of techniques, but I don't believe he was twice as fast, twice as strong, or twice as durable.

Dooku was one of the most skilled duelists and Force users in history and, under certain circumstances, I'd imagine he could challenge the Emperor.

Darth_Glentract
I kinda agree with what Gideon (I think) is saying. The gap between the strongest and average guys is significant, but not so much that one guy is fifty times more powerful than another. Take the Ragnos vs. the Jedi Temple thread from a few years ago as evidence of douchebaggery.

Gideon
I think we're all guilty of getting carried away when describing to what extent one combatant defeats another, with phrases like "curbstomp." Not that there aren't examples of one sufficiently skilled opponent demonstrating a significant advantage over another skilled opponent; take Yoda vs. Dooku for example:

On the one hand, Dooku is established by numerous sources to be an extremely powerful and skilled duelist, among the very best in the Order's history. On the other hand, Yoda was established to be greater than he by a significant amount. He was clearly restraining himself on Geonosis and even on Vjun, where Dooku's powers were enhanced, and yet forced the Count to retreat twice.

So we have a case where a truly elite duelist is essentially outclassed by another, suggesting that there are notable tiers even among "the best ever." The same situation is illustrated when we consider Palpatine v. Windu, Fisto, Tiin, and Kolar.

Which is why I qualified my statement as under certain circumstances. Depending on the environment and other factors, I'd imagine someone like Dooku could fight Sidious and not die within the first ten seconds.

BoratBorat
Originally posted by Gideon
Under certain (realistic) circumstances: Luke Skywalker, Caedus, Yoda, Bane, Revan, Windu, Vader, Dooku, Kun, Ragnos, Sadow, Nihilus, Marek, and Gethzerion. Who the hell is gethzerion?

I see vader and dooku is up there big grin

But yes it does depend of realistic circumstances like certain areas where the above mentioned are at an advantage.

EDIT: To sum it up, drew karpyshyn stated that even he cannot decide the winning factor between a fight with vader, bane and revan as he claimed that circumstances and other factors will play a significant role in deciding who has the advantage and who will emerge victorious and personally i think this is so.

Darth_Glentract
Gethzerion was a Nightsister who Palpatine felt the need to keep trapped on Dathomir.

Dr McBeefington
Hmm I thought DE Sidious WAS twice as fast with a blade because he was in a younger body? And I definitely thought there was a significant power increase between ROTS and DE.

Darth_Glentract
I feel that there was a significant increase, but its not like he is ten times stronger or something ridiculous like that.

CloneCaptin Fox
I think it was Count Drooku smart smart santa santa

Ms.Marvel
Who the hell is gethzerion?

I see vader and dooku is up there big grin

But yes it does depend of realistic circumstances like certain areas where the above mentioned are at an advantage.

EDIT: To sum it up, drew karpyshyn stated that even he cannot decide the winning factor between a fight with vader, bane and revan as he claimed that circumstances and other factors will play a significant role in deciding who has the advantage and who will emerge victorious and personally i think this is so.

vader?

not to diss aver as hes incredibly powerful but if banes limit is at vader than that pretty much proves hes not the best no?

edit- actually no bcause id consider vader to be one of strongest force users.

CloneCaptin Fox
I think all of this have to do with bullshit.The republic is the one with good jedis but on the other hand like general grevious,count drokku,darth vader,and darth maul is also good.The dark side have more power and is connected to the powerful one the drak lord.But on the other hand the republic are linked to some jedis that are dead.In the real movies yoda died and luke skywalker was there to see yoda die.All of this is cool because luke skywalker betrayed the dark side and joined the republic.So both sides I think are powerful and will always be powerful unless.....

The republic gets more power from the dead jedis and defeat the dark side and rule the glaxy.

CloneCaptin Fox
Umm Ms.Marvel not to be mean but i disagree Darth Vader has like 2.56% of the dark side and that is the same like some jedis.Look up it on google it says that.

ares834
Originally posted by CloneCaptin Fox
I think all of this have to do with bullshit.The republic is the one with good jedis but on the other hand like general grevious,count drokku,darth vader,and darth maul is also good.The dark side have more power and is connected to the powerful one the drak lord.But on the other hand the republic are linked to some jedis that are dead.In the real movies yoda died and luke skywalker was there to see yoda die.All of this is cool because luke skywalker betrayed the dark side and joined the republic.So both sides I think are powerful and will always be powerful unless.....

The republic gets more power from the dead jedis and defeat the dark side and rule the glaxy.
WTF are you saying...

Again. What the hell?

Red Nemesis
We've now established that there has only ever been one Sith. The Bane-gestalt is the only contestant other than the pre-Ruusan era Sith, and I'd like to think that Bane can do more than throw a brick at somebody. Ergo: Malak Solos.

BoratBorat
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
vader?

not to diss aver as hes incredibly powerful but if banes limit is at vader than that pretty much proves hes not the best no?

edit- actually no bcause id consider vader to be one of strongest force users. Huh?? I didn't get much sleep so i dont understand what your saying...

Nephthys
Try not sleeping for 3 days, then try reading some of the posts here. I could have sworn Sexy had called me a goat at one point, I don't even remember the topic.

Red Nemesis
I don't understand why so many people brag about their level of sleep-deprivation. Is is some sort of pissing contest that I wasn't told about?

mattatom
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
I don't understand why so many people brag about their level of sleep-deprivation. Is is some sort of pissing contest that I wasn't told about? In the words of Gustav Graves. "There's plenty enough time to sleep when your dead". From Bond viavie, canon for life. It's because your still preaching in Starbucks gah get with the times man it's all about Costa now dude! . Then I'm just an insomniac so it's all good. I really like the book Insomnia by Stephen King, recommended.

Red Nemesis
Did you ever read Firestarter? The Simpsons plugged it (in jest b/c it was terrible) and so I read it and it was fantastically terrible

mattatom
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Did you ever read Firestarter? The Simpsons plugged it (in jest b/c it was terrible) and so I read it and it was fantastically terrible No, but i've seen the 1984 movie.

BoratBorat
Originally posted by Nephthys
Try not sleeping for 3 days, then try reading some of the posts here. I could have sworn Sexy had called me a goat at one point, I don't even remember the topic. Oh yes, i actually thought darth sexy was an athletic female with a nice ass but it turns out darth sexy is actually a hairy testosterone rampant man that just got out of a cage and looks for fights on zeh intranet to prove his manhood to win the girl/guy of his dreams aka lightsnake.

Nephthys
Well that explains alot.....

Janus Marius
Why is Darth Bandon not on this list?

Lord Lucien
Because he transcended the ranks of the Sith and became the being of legend: a Super Sith.

Janus Marius
This is true. He's clearly too uber to be a mere Sith Lord. This thread should be retitled "Which Sith Lord is worthy enough to learn at the feet of Darth Bandon?" in which case Revan wins.

Slash_KMC
Damn you Janus, you're not taking that side here.

Everyone knows Revan is teh heart of da forceee!!!1!11 Bandon just takes the second place.

Janus Marius
Revan is almighty, and has a higher power level according to the Sourcebookz, but Bandon has one thing Revan doesn't...

The ability to slam no-names into consoles.

BoratBorat
Bandon doens't have the ability to cheat like revan, so revan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bandon.

Lord Lucien
Ah but Bandon has no need to cheat. When you have the ability kill the only person capable of breaking the fourth wall during the game's training stage, then you ARE a god. Even Batman can't do that.

mattatom
Ah but Bandon has no need to cheat. When you have the ability kill the only person capable of breaking the fourth wall during the game's training stage, then you ARE a god. Even Batman can't do that. See what
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Why is Darth Bandon not on this list? I mean
This is true. He's clearly too uber to be a mere Sith Lord. This thread should be retitled "Which Sith Lord is worthy enough to learn at the feet of Darth Bandon?" in which case Revan wins. about the
Revan is almighty, and has a higher power level according to the Sourcebookz, but Bandon has one thing Revan doesn't...

The ability to slam no-names into consoles. Snowball Lucien?

*Poke's with a metre stick for emphasis on each syllable*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.