Underworld 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jayce78
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5007/underworldm.jpg

Summary: TBA

Director: TBA

Cast: Kate Beckinsale , Scott Speedman (rumored)

Writters: John Hlavin

Release Date: TBA

How much are you looking foward too this project? What would you like too see?

jayce78
The Next UNDERWORLD Film Will Be Scripted By A Writer From THE SHIELD!!

Merrick here...

John Hlavin, a writer on THE SHILED, will script a new UNDERWORLD film. No word on who'll direct or star, although Len Wiseman (who directed the first two films and produced the third) will produce.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9903/katebeckinsaleunderworl.jpg

Hlavin said the plot is under wraps, "but I can tell you it's not a prequel." He added, "It will satisfy old fans and excite new audiences, meaning that we don't want to redo the first three movies, so steps are being taken to honor what fans have loved but at the same time introduce fresh elements."

...says THR HERE.

If memory serves, there was once talk that a fourth UNDERWORLD film might be set in the future & (more or less) consider the plight of Vampires & Lycans in some distant timeframe. With DAYBREAKERS coming out (vampires in the future), I'm wondering if such a notion would still be germane.

NemeBro
I am actually a fan of the Underworld series, they are a fun series, nothing too outstanding, but good action flicks IMO.

So I will keep up with this.

BruceSkywalker
I love the Underworld movies.. I can't wait until more information comes out

Robtard
If it keeps in line with the other three, it will be more terrible than the last.

jayce78
Originally posted by Robtard
If it keeps in line with the other three, it will be more terrible than the last.

So you thought Lycans was worse than 2? Really?

Robtard
Originally posted by jayce78
So you thought Lycans was worse than 2? Really?

I think Underworld took a large and smelly dump and it rolled downhill from then.

Granted, I'll watch this part 4, as I'm a stupid sucker for vampire, werewolf and zombie films. But I have little hope for it.

Mairuzu
I'd **** kate so hard tho

Robtard
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I'd **** kate so hard tho

In the mouth, pussy and ass, indeed, sir.

edit: "Pussy" isn't blocked by the filter? Odd.

Mairuzu
neither is "bitches"

i sense a bit of sexism

MildPossession
I like the first Underworld, second was terrible, third I liked more than the second but still wouldn't watch it again, not even for the over the cliff dodgy sex scene... how strange.

KingD19
They would have to fast forward a fair bit. All 3 vamp elders are dead, the Progenitor of the Corvinus strain is dead, Lucian and Raze, the closest things to Lycan elders are dead. William the original werewolf is dead.

Selene is a vampure/pure strain hybrid, and Michael is a lycan/vamp. They'd have to be elders or something a few years later.

The Dark Cloud
Anything to see Kate in leather again

EvilAngel
I'm with Robtard on this one.

I'll watch it, but i'm not expecting much.

Impediment
Rob is gay for even contemplating seeing this atrocity.

You heard me, Rob.

Suck my balls.

Robtard
Your balls are covered with poop, yours and others poop. Caked even.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Mairuzu
neither is "bitches"

i sense a bit of sexism

Too bad she's such a ****.

Damn, I thought we were on to something.

dadudemon
I loved the first and second film. Very good films.

The third wasn't as good as the first two, but it was still good.

I wanted a sequel, not a prequel. Michael Sheen was an absurdly good Lucian. Bill Nighy is one of my favorite actors due to his portrayal of Viktor in the underworld films. Dead serious. (lol, pun.) Every second with Bill Nighy on screen was awesome.

My PS3 backgrounds are the scheme that comes with the Rise of the Lycans theme.

I GREATLY look forward to to seeing the 4th installment.

Film ratings: in order of release: 9, 8 (or 8.5, depending on the day(lol. pun), 7. If the 4th is as good as the 3rd, it will be a good film, at the least. If it matches the awesome darkness and originality of the first, holy crap. I expect it to be somewhere in the middle, like the second film.

Robtard
What a total douche-bag, that's like saying Raul Julia's best roll was in Street Fighter.

Kazenji
Well we have a title for it 'Underworld: New Dawn'

Rogue Jedi
What a total douche-bag, that's like saying Raul Julia's best roll was in Street Fighter. He ate dinner rolls in SF?

-Pr-
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/128578-first-photos-from-underworld-new-dawn

Kazenji
Already posted stuff about that on the first page stick out tongue

-Pr-
mine has pictures. biscuits

Mindset
If this shit doesn't follow up from the storyline of the first 2 I don't wanna see it, Mike Corvin better be back.

-Pr-
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/128884-new-set-photo-from-underworld-new-dawn

Originally posted by Mindset
If this shit doesn't follow up from the storyline of the first 2 I don't wanna see it, Mike Corvin better be back.

it does follow them yes. don't know about michael though.

MildPossession
The film can **** off with its 3D...

Robtard
Originally posted by MildPossession

What, bullets and werewolf teeth coming out of the screen doesn't sound great?

MildPossession
Fascinating.

Nephthys
Really? erm

The Nuul
Originally posted by MildPossession

Any film that has 3D can **** off. Avatar is the only good one, nothing will never match or beat it.

MildPossession
Correct. smile Cinemas that only show the 3D version can **** off too.

Mindset
Originally posted by The Nuul
Any film that has 3D can **** off. Avatar is the only good one, nothing will never match or beat it. Tron

BruceSkywalker
kate is in it>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3 d

RE: Blaxican

jinXed by JaNx
I liked the last werewolf vampire movie. Hated the second and kind of liked the first. So..,3d yeah, i'm done. I don't want any part of it.

Wolfie
New Underworld movie? I'm there!

I remember reading that the original trilogy was planned to start at the middle, tell the end, then tell the beginning and it's over. But I can't complain if they want to make more. I'll see it opening night still.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by Mindset
If this shit doesn't follow up from the storyline of the first 2 I don't wanna see it, Mike Corvin better be back. mike sucked ass he supposed to be so damn powerful but always letting selena do all the work then getting his ass whooped when he does show up

Patient_Leech
I'm kind of an Underworld fan. Not sure what to make of the new trailer... looks fun enough, I suppose.. just not sure about where the plot is going..

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/underworld_awakening/trailers/11152915

Impediment
Underworld is a decent franchise, but 3D is so f*cking overrated.

Placidity
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I'm kind of an Underworld fan. Not sure what to make of the new trailer... looks fun enough, I suppose.. just not sure about where the plot is going..

^ Nice post.

I'm not too sure what to think about it either. I am just a tiny bit excited.

Just a little summary after watching the trailer:

- Selene locked up/Cryo'ed for 12 years
- Humans know about the supernaturals
- Vampires vs Lycans vs Humans
- Michael is missing/taken

"Something else escaped".

"Whatever it is, it is more powerful than any of us" - Selene

Apart from a Hybrid (Michael) I don't see what it could be, given Selene drank from Alexander Corvinus and proved her new found power by beating Marcus, the first and strongest vampire, and ALSO a hybrid. There should be no one stronger.

My theory is that the humans (Antigen company) experimented on Michael and made him (or used him somehow) into something more.

You know it feels a little similar to Resident Evil to me for some reason. I think Antigen reminds me of Umbrella.

dadudemon

Man...why did they have to go and introduce a concept of something more powerful than a hybrid? That is kind of lame. They could have just left it at humans being aware of their kind and have them pit against the human weapons.

Turr_Phennir
Loved the first one, liked the second one, thought the third one was decent at best, and am not looking forward to this one at all. erm

Thoren
In the trailer the creature looked like a werewolf like William, not exactly a big jump in creativity.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Impediment
Underworld is a decent franchise, but 3D is so f*cking overrated.

I could not agree more. 3D is a silly gimmick just so ticket prices can be jacked up even more. I'd much rather see a decent film than a lame 3D spectacle.

Originally posted by Thoren
In the trailer the creature looked like a werewolf like William, not exactly a big jump in creativity.

And yeah, you're right. It just looks like a big werewolf/lycan. Wth?

quanchi112
To me the third one was by far the best one. Give me swords any day of the week over guns. I'm glad they are further expnading the mythos though and am a big fan of lycans vs. vampires.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by quanchi112
To me the third one was by far the best one. Give me swords any day of the week over guns...

You know, now that you mention it, I kind of agree. It's been a while since I saw the 3rd one, but it DID have a certain charm that the other two didn't. That medieval charm. But the fact that the other two movies existed helped the 3rd one, I think. Michael Sheen is an extremely likable actor in those movies.

quanchi112
You know, now that you mention it, I kind of agree. It's been a while since I saw the 3rd one, but it DID have a certain charm that the other two didn't. That medieval charm. But the fact that the other two movies existed helped the 3rd one, I think. Michael Sheen is an extremely likable actor in those movies. Yes, Lucien was a great character but I also liked Bill Nighby or however you spell his last name as Viktor. Both actors stole the show.

Newer trailer

cmH7p3OsyZM

KingD19
Michael better be in this.

Kazenji
I could not agree more. 3D is a silly gimmick just so ticket prices can be jacked up even more. I'd much rather see a decent film than a lame 3D spectacle.

I disagree for 3D it being a gimmick

sure yeah not every single movie needs it but when its done good its great

its ment to immerse yourself with the movie not just have things pop out.

Mindset
Originally posted by quanchi112
To me the third one was by far the best one. Give me swords any day of the week over guns. I'm glad they are further expnading the mythos though and am a big fan of lycans vs. vampires. 1 > 3 > 2

Canon.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Newer trailer

cmH7p3OsyZM

Oh my dear god.

That looks awesome. I love the idea of a child hybrid - do you think they're "new experiment" is some kind of hybrid that can control its bloodlust? Like, human plus hybrid, can lead a normal life and then become a total monster without the weakness of needing blood...

Mmmm. big grin

KingD19
They're gonna need all 3 hybrids if they want to win this fight. Where the **** is Michael!?!

Dammit...Speedman said he's not doing it anymore.

Mindset
PHUCK YOU SPEEDMAN!

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
I disagree for 3D it being a gimmick

sure yeah not every single movie needs it but when its done good its great

its ment to immerse yourself with the movie not just have things pop out.

Yeah, after I saw Immortals in 3D I finally realized that it can be used effectively, haha.

The new trailer is pretty nuts. It looks fun, I guess. But yeah, it is kind of weird that Michael isn't in it. Strange. I just wonder how they're transitioning from the 2nd film to this one..

Robtard
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Oh my dear god.

That looks awesome. I love the idea of a child hybrid - do you think they're "new experiment" is some kind of hybrid that can control its bloodlust? Like, human plus hybrid, can lead a normal life and then become a total monster without the weakness of needing blood...

Mmmm. big grin

It's a hybrid the government created by mixing vampire, lycan and alien DNA (recovered from the Area 51 crash site) for the purpose of making a super-soldier. But it's gone rogue.

siriuswriter
Wasn't Selene pregnant with Michael's child at the end of... three? I think it was three. The one where Selene gets blood from the first vampire...

Because that child looks around 12, which would make a lot of sense...

Robtard
They're going to need that 12 year old vamp/lycan hybrid in order to take down the super Lyvamplian.

dadudemon
New movie looks like it is trying to inject a bit of "transformers" into an otherwise awesome series. I do not like this. sad

I hope they do not ruin it.

These movies are niche, NOT main market consumed. They get low scores from the critics every time. Except for the second one, the budgets have not excedded the $40 mill mark. The budget on this new one looks like it is $80 to $100 million.

I sure hope to hell that they did not kill of Michael just because Speedman didn't like wearing the hybrid makeup.

You know, now that you mention it, I kind of agree. It's been a while since I saw the 3rd one, but it DID have a certain charm that the other two didn't. That medieval charm. But the fact that the other two movies existed helped the 3rd one, I think. Michael Sheen is an extremely likable actor in those movies.

Boom. I could not have said it better. Mr. Sheen is just plain awesome and it would not have been the same without him. The third, while not the best of the bunch, is still quite enjoyable in its own right.

Kazenji
Originally posted by dadudemon
New movie looks like it is trying to inject a bit of "transformers" into an otherwise awesome series. I do not like this. sad

Care to elaborate "a bit of transformers"

because i don't see any robots in this erm

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kazenji
Care to elaborate "a bit of transformers"

because i don't see any robots in this erm

I don't want to elaborate, actually.

Does anyone else not know what I mean what I say that?

Robtard
Does anyone else not know what I mean what I say that?

This?

Y2BavhwpIJg

dadudemon
This?

Y2BavhwpIJg

I guess.

I was referring to this statement:

Isn't it quite clear what I mean by that?

Patient_Leech
^^ What the hell happened in this thread? lol

Poster. Just cuz I like posters...

I guess.

I was referring to this statement:

Isn't it quite clear what I mean by that? No, it's not. What is "a little Transformers" supposed to mean?

Robtard
^^ What the hell happened in this thread? lol

Shit begets shit; this film will be shit.

You've really become cynical in your old age.

Patient_Leech

No, no. He's just become THE GREAT MOVIE PROPHET!! ALL HAIL THE TARD!!

But in all seriousness, yeah, this probably will be the worst of the series. It looks more than a bit forced. But oh well, I'll probably see it anyhow, just for shits 'n giggles..

I will, however, be ashamed of myself. ugh3

Robtard

Yet when it comes to calling shit films shit, i have a solid record. Well over 90%.

Check this out, Jason Statham's new movie 'Safe' will be complete shit. Watch me be correct.

quanchi112
I will see this not much hope but I really enjoyed the third by far the best of the series. I don't judge movies though until I've seen them.

Patient_Leech
Rewatched the first two movies (or I suppose I should say I slept through most of them cuz I was hungover, lol). They're fun little stories; I hadn't seen them in a long time. So I guess i'm fairly excited about this, even though i'm skeptical.. it comes out soon, yes? Jan 20th?

cybercc
Rewatched the first two movies (or I suppose I should say I slept through most of them cuz I was hungover, lol). They're fun little stories; I hadn't seen them in a long time. So I guess i'm fairly excited about this, even though i'm skeptical.. it comes out soon, yes? Jan 20th?

underworld 4 awakening download:
underworld4awakeningblogspotcom

slow download , poor quality in russian video 6 audio 4 CAM

Kazenji

I've still yet to do that activity watch a supposly not so great movie while had drunk eating pizza.

Patient_Leech
Come again, please, sir?

the ninjak
I've got a feeling Michael is gonna disappear into the plot similar to how Newt and Hicks suddenly where written out in Alien3.

Maybe the humans capture Michael and Selene. She escapes but they have already harvested Michael's DNA and created a race of monsters for Selene to fight. I could be completely wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

azam
i'm expecting a lot from this movie

the ninjak
Originally posted by azam
i'm expecting a lot from this movie

In times like this it's best to lower your expectations.

Patient_Leech
Hmm... I'm not entirely thrilled with most of this, but perhaps a couple of them sound okay. I'm annoyed that there isn't another Puscifer song. They're stuff for the Underworld movies has been awesome.. (f*ckin' Linkin Park) erm

1U4QmoM6STw&feature=youtu.be

BruceSkywalker
will be seeing this on saturday.. always been a fan of the franchise

Esau Cairn
It's funny how directors like Anderson & Wiseman have cashed in on their wives to make a lucrative franchise.

Patient_Leech
Despite the bad reviews for this, I actually think it looks pretty entertaining from the trailers I've seen on TV. Even though it apparently has less plot than the previous films, the action is supposed to be pretty slick, and that's pretty much all I expect at this point anyway... I hope to see it in 3D soon.

BruceSkywalker
Despite the bad reviews for this, I actually think it looks pretty entertaining from the trailers I've seen on TV. Even though it apparently has less plot than the previous films, the action is supposed to be pretty slick, and that's pretty much all I expect at this point anyway... I hope to see it in 3D soon.

I enjoy these movies.. Awakening was very well written and acted.. good action, the cgi i felt was improved upon from the previous films

McNasty996
I enjoyed it, it was the second best of there series in my opinion behind the original.

Thought it was fantastic.

The plot was holey, but Seline was kick-****in-ass.

Patient_Leech
I saw this last night. It was a lot of fun. It was... an Underworld movie. I was glad to see that Len Wiseman wrote it. I think it's important for him to be involved, even if he isn't directing. The direction was pretty good. This was pretty much non-stop action. If I had it to do over again I probably would have just paid for regular-D. The 3D wasn't all that great cuz the movie is just so dark. And I'm not entirely sure how I felt about the Incredible Hulk Werewolf, lol, but it was fun. Also, I think it hurt some of the emotion a little bit that Scott Speedman wasn't in it. You could kind of tell that wasn't him at the beginning.

Patient_Leech
I also wanted to comment that it felt a little short. It was fun and well-paced, so it wasn't really a problem, but at only an hour and 28 minutes... that's pretty damn short. Btw: it has already made its money back plus a little extra with worldwide profits, so we'll likely see another one. Yay.. : )

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.