Who is better on paper SS or Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
There was a poster who said this:

"You the one to talk. You know DAMN well that SS has the edge over Thanos. Don't even lie. He can control over Time, and can create, move and re arrange atoms easily. On paper, he easily beats on Thanos, so don't even break that up."

I obviously brought up that I feel thanos has the edge in strength, MA Skills, Durbality, striking power both with his hands and blasts, intelligence to name some.

So, my question to others is do you feel SS has the advantage on paper over Thanos?

Doctor-Alvis
Surfer seems to have the edge in versatility. And heart.

King Kandy
Thanos can do anything Surfer can, really. But he tends to make even less use of his exotic powers than surfer does.

He also easily has the TP edge on Surfer.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Surfer seems to have the edge in versatility. And heart.

Yep.

But Thanos outshine Surfer in all other field.

xJLxKing
SS

Rage.Of.Olympus
Silver Surfer seems more versatile in the sense he uses his power in more exotic ways, such as evolving life etc.

That's about it really.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Yep.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Silver Surfer seems more versatile in the sense he uses his power in more exotic ways, such as evolving life etc.

That's about it really.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinkin'.

King Kandy
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
"You the one to talk. You know DAMN well that SS has the edge over Thanos. Don't even lie. He can control over Time, and can create, move and re arrange atoms easily. On paper, he easily beats on Thanos, so don't even break that up."
Also in response to this i'd like to say, Thanos has used both Time and Matter manipulation in the past.

psycho gundam
thanos beating surfer's ass to the white meat was printed on paper.

BattleMage
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thanos beating surfer's ass to the white meat was printed on paper. laughing

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Yep.

I agree on this.

Omega Vision
What sort of dumb question is this?
The Thanos Copter beats a surfboard any day.
But seriously Surfer on paper should be able to blow up whatever planet Thanos is on and fly off, I don't know why he always tries to fight him up close where his advantages (speed, flight, maneuverability) are downplayed.

Mindship
Originally posted by Omega Vision
...Surfer on paper should be able to blow up whatever planet Thanos is on and fly off, I don't know why he always tries to fight him up close where his advantages...are downplayed. Wouldn't Thanos have some exotic ability to hold a planet together should Surfer try that?

I dunno. My impression of Thanos-Surfer encounters is to highlight how opposite they are: the ultra-pacifist beaten into cream by the merciless death lover. How deliberately visceral.

Kris Blaze
They both have the same abilities.

Surfer is the one who chooses to make greater use of his exotic abilities. Thanos seems to possess these abilities to a great extent. He is more powerful, more durable and so on.

Lord S
Surfer has the edge (a big edge) in speed and as I understand it, his power source comes from within, because the Power Cosmic is a part of him.

Thanos is stronger, much more durable, though he manipulates and synthesizes cosmic energy around him, (to create those cool beam attacks that come out of his hands).

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by xJLxKing
SS

Do explain then....

I see they pretty much have a lot of the same abilities, but Surfer chooses to use some of them more exotically. However, lets not forget Thanos does have PC abilities he just doesn't like to use them. Just as he also has his given Eternal abilities such as total control over his molecure structure. Matter manipulation, teleportation, energy absorption and manipuation. Furthermore, when breaking down who is better on paper you have a multitude of categories. For example:

1. H2H/MA skills
2. Strength
3. Durability
4. Blasting power/Striking power
5. Mind advantages such as Intelligence, TP, TK etc
6. Versatility
7. Speed
8. Tech

Now it seems to me that in just these ones I named which are pretty important to a one v one encounter.. Thanos has 6 outta of the 8 pretty easily. It's also debatable if Surfer is truly more versatile as Thanos has a lot of the same abilities just doesn't choose to use them as much or as exotically. However, for sake of argument lets say its Surfer. Don't get me wrong I love Surfer and agree he fights kinda dumb against Thanos. He should be able to make a better fight of it when the meet. I'm just curious how JL and others think he's better on paper. So, please then explain where you come to the conclusion that SS is better on paper?

KuRuPT Thanosi
But seriously Surfer on paper should be able to blow up whatever planet Thanos is on and fly off, I don't know why he always tries to fight him up close where his advantages (speed, flight, maneuverability) are downplayed.

What good with this do self BFR? You do realize Thanos has survived such things happening numerous times. He can also just teleport away if he so chooses. So, I'm really unclear how this is a viable tactic or even what I was asking for.

Omega Vision
What good with this do self BFR? You do realize Thanos has survived such things happening numerous times. He can also just teleport away if he so chooses. So, I'm really unclear how this is a viable tactic or even what I was asking for.
I'm not saying Thanos dies but he won't be able to do much if the planet he stands on explodes.
How is it a self-BFR? Surfer should fight Thanos the way Runner fought him (yeah I now he's not that fast)

KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm not saying Thanos dies but he won't be able to do much if the planet he stands on explodes.
How is it a self-BFR? Surfer should fight Thanos the way Runner fought him (yeah I now he's not that fast)

I said self BFR because you said SS flies off. Also, you do realize he can levitate as well as teleport right? So, blowing up a planet doesn't render him useless

Nihilist
How is it a self-BFR? Surfer should fight Thanos the way Runner fought him (yeah I now he's not that fast) Thanos was on the planet that blew up when he fought Drax, and Runner didnt use speed he was teleporting with the space gem.

King Kandy
Thanos can fly. So destroying the planet won't really stop him.

Omega Vision
I said self BFR because you said SS flies off. Also, you do realize he can levitate as well as teleport right? So, blowing up a planet doesn't render him useless
His effectiveness would still be reduced. I can't remember seeing him teleporting in combat to attack someone but I could be wrong.
I admit Thanos>Surfer but it doesn't help that Surfer acts like a tard whenever he fights the Mad Titan.

dmills
On paper yes. But more variety doesn't necessarily equate to more powerful. But I don't know why Marvel made that rivalry so one sided back in the day.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by dmills
On paper yes. But more variety doesn't necessarily equate to more powerful. But I don't know why Marvel made that rivalry so one sided back in the day.
It may not make you more powerful but damn does it make you popular in X-Men Legends style games. Mass damage, group healing, and nigh infinite energy? Yes please.

King Kandy
And besides, all Thanos needs is his chair to nullify the speed advantage.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by King Kandy
Thanos can fly. So destroying the planet won't really stop him.
I've never seen him fly actually.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

Ummm....yeah good point, are there scans of him flying?

King Kandy
Um, I don't know where the scan is but it's in one of his early appearances, him and death fly to earth to get the cosmic cube. And as far as I know, that's the only time.

psycho gundam
i debated quan over that, and teleportation.

eternals are taught how to do both of those "techniques" from a young age, but thanos barely does either naturally.

i forget where it was stated, but i think i came across an excerpt of something that said that thanos was the best at all eternal techniques (minus initiating a uni-mind since only the prime eternal can do it).

he greatly surpasses all of the titanian and uranian eternals, and pretty much all of the earth ones.

Kris Blaze
I know that Thanos can initiate teleportation without technology, though he claimed it requires great focus or somesuch.

K Von Doom
Thanos couldn't fly when Nebula banished him after stealing the IG. He was just floating there.

dmills
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Thanos couldn't fly when Nebula banished him after stealing the IG. He was just floating there. Kind of retarded if he can't fly. laughing out loud

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i debated quan over that, and teleportation.

eternals are taught how to do both of those "techniques" from a young age, but thanos barely does either naturally.

i forget where it was stated, but i think i came across an excerpt of something that said that thanos was the best at all eternal techniques (minus initiating a uni-mind since only the prime eternal can do it).

he greatly surpasses all of the titanian and uranian eternals, and pretty much all of the earth ones.

Thanos is a born mutant, by eternal's standard. He's the most powerful ever, behind only Kronos and possibly Zuras.

Nihilist
Thanos couldn't fly when Nebula banished him after stealing the IG. He was just floating there. Because she banished him as punishment and her power- IG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>to his.

Kris Blaze
If Thanos can't fly, he could use his energy abilities to move his body. It'd be the same.

Nihilist
If Thanos can't fly, he could use his energy abilities to move his body. It'd be the same. I got the impression Nebula exiled him to a eternity of helplessly drifting through space( renduring kinda powerless) part of which were Thanos own words.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Nihilist
I got the impression Nebula exiled him to a eternity of helplessly drifting through space( renduring kinda powerless) part of which were Thanos own words.

If the banishment was an ongoing thing then Dr Strange shouldn't have been able to portal Thanos right?

Nihilist
If the banishment was an ongoing thing then Dr Strange shouldn't have been able to portal Thanos right? Not really, as she used her power against Thanos and Terraxia alone and she didnt seem to plan for outside help( which showed in her reaction when Dr Strange,Surfer and Thanos returned).

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Nihilist
Not really, as she used her power against Thanos and Terraxia alone and she didnt seem to plan for outside help( which showed in her reaction when Dr Strange,Surfer and Thanos returned).

So she removed Thanos's flying ability?

thanos-prime
Thanos flying:
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Thanos/?action=view&current=thanosspaceflight.jpg

Nihilist
So she removed Thanos's flying ability? Dunno, its uclear how much power of his she removed, but Thanos did say she had Exiled him to a eternity of space( he could of even teleported away but didnt/ couldnt due to the exile it seems)

Omega Vision
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Thanos flying:
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Thanos/?action=view&current=thanosspaceflight.jpg
Guys like Thanos and Darkseid CAN fly. They just prefer to teleport and walk with their arms crossed or clasped behind their backs.

Nihilist
Guys like Thanos and Darkseid CAN fly. They just prefer to teleport and walk with their arms crossed or clasped behind their backs. Because it looks far more bad ass.

King Kandy
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Thanos flying:
Ah. That's the one I was looking for.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.