Thanos versus New Defenders.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kris Blaze
Allright, CIS is still on but the New Defenders fight as a team. They get 5 hours to plan for the battle. They do not get to bring any kind of gear into combat or amplify eachother, but they get to plan and think of a tactic. They still have to defeat Thanos in combat, but the planning time oughta help them try and find a way that involves putting their better abilitis to use.

Thanos faces down these guys.

New Defenders:
Namor
Surfer
Hulk
Thor
Iron Man
Captain America
Scarlet Witch (Pre-Hom, magic)
Wasp

Omega Vision
I'm going to say New Defenders.
But what about Thanos? Do they just ambush him when he steps outside of the Cosmic Grocery store or does he get a heads up? Because if he doesn't see it coming I can't see him fighting them off but if he has his guard up it will be difficult for these guys.

psycho gundam
thor whips up a super vortex around the team, with surfer/hulk holding cap's shield as an added defense while thor preps the god-blast (as everything else failed against the lesser thanos clone).

(i said it before but it's honestly the best strategy for thor against a vast array of opponents.)

another thing would be to give thor or surfer captain america's shield for protection, surfer might be better in the sense that he could repair it (in theory) if thanos messes with it, and be able to blast with his other hand like a riot shield. thor would be rocking it in the shield and hammer fashion so...they'd both have a offense/defense plan.

thanos' immense power makes all the rest pretty much useless, i guess they could try and make hulk super pissed (if he isn't already), but then again thanos has force block tech.

Kris Blaze
There's a reason why I specifically had 2 high herald-ish guys and not 3. This way, Thor cannot just absorb, Surfer just heal/amplify and then have a third who just attacks. Another versatile Surfer/Thor guy on the team would turn this from a very hard fought battle into a somewhat easy scenario.

Nihilist
Surfer,Hulk,Thor are the only problems. Depending on how these three attack and how Thanos deals with them determines the outcome greatly.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Nihilist
Surfer,Hulk,Thor are the only problems. Depending on how these three attack and how Thanos deals with them determines the outcome greatly.
That's my point. The team can neutralize most of Thanos' attacks, but then they have no offensive power.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
That's my point. The team can neutralize most of Thanos' attacks, but then they have no offensive power. Can they neutrilze Thanos mindbased attacks or mind controlling?

Omega Vision
Can they neutrilze Thanos mindbased attacks or mind controlling?
Their best bet will be to hit him hard and fast but I agree that's a serious weakness on the Team's part.

Peterlane mk11
Thanos soloes, he could probably beat Vulcan, and coming from me that ssays alot

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Peterlane mk11
Thanos soloes, he could probably beat Vulcan, and coming from me that ssays alot
Wouldn't saying Thanos solos be redundant? Its not like he has a team. And yes he would eat Vulcan for breakfast.

Kris Blaze
Can they neutrilze Thanos mindbased attacks or mind controlling?
Yes, yes they can. Surfer already has impressive telepathy and most of the team-members sport some kind of resistance to it. In fact, I've never seen Thanos offensively use telepathy in that manner. Not to mention that it takes far less to block telepathy and use it defensively. Sage is able to lock her mind out from Xavier, despite being far less skilled and powerful than him.

Odds are Thanos telepathic attacks (Never seen this) would be able to do damage, but mind-control would not work. His telepathic attacks would be just like any other energy attack though and vulnerable to absorption.

Nihilist
Yes, yes they can. Surfer already has impressive telepathy and most of the team-members sport some kind of resistance to it. In fact, I've never seen Thanos offensively use telepathy in that manner. Not to mention that it takes far less to block telepathy and use it defensively. Sage is able to lock her mind out from Xavier, despite being far less skilled and powerful than him.

Odds are Thanos telepathic attacks (Never seen this) would be able to do damage, but mind-control would not work. His telepathic attacks would be just like any other energy attack though and vulnerable to absorption. He has used mind attacks as a offense before, he beat Moondragon in a mind war, mind sync warped Draxs mind, destroyed pips and mind controlled Fallen one by touching him as well as shutting down Makers mind with a simple mind zap(though she was vulnerable, as most of these are)

Survivor19
Well, Thanos can be weared down by prolonged battle, especially when his offensive tech is inaccessible anf he is prohibited to TP out.
So, when Thor and Surfer are totally weared out, and Hulk.. dunno, let's say dead, Thanos himself would be in such a state that other will be a threat to him. Maybe.

So, i'd give team 3-4/10 at minimum.

Kris Blaze
He has used mind attacks as a offense before, he beat Moondragon in a mind war, mind sync warped Draxs mind, destroyed pips and mind controlled Fallen one by touching him as well as shutting down Makers mind with a simple mind zap(though she was vulnerable, as most of these are)

Completely forgot about his latest series, lots of telepathy there. All of the opponents he mind controlled were already beaten though, and neither had any sort of impressive telepathical defenses. Moondragon one is good, but that's his absolute top. Maker was so weak that Oracle could control her, the weakest telepath I know of.

Telepathic attacks would hurt, telepathic control won't happen. That's my opinion on the matter.

Peterlane mk11
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Wouldn't saying Thanos solos be redundant? Its not like he has a team. And yes he would eat Vulcan for breakfast.

No it wouldn't be redundant. No Thanos using his smarts would beat Vulcan, nothing he can throw at Vulcan apart from maybe telepathy could hurt Vulcan.........but thats off topic. Thanos soloes

psycho gundam
you saw what gladiator did to vulcan right?

Nihilist
Completely forgot about his latest series, lots of telepathy there. All of the opponents he mind controlled were already beaten though, and neither had any sort of impressive telepathical defenses. Moondragon one is good, but that's his absolute top. Maker was so weak that Oracle could control her, the weakest telepath I know of.

Telepathic attacks would hurt, telepathic control won't happen. That's my opinion on the matter. Not sure about this, didnt he implant false visions in Fallen ones mind, making him think he was confronting Galactus(or something like that, havent read it in a while)

Peterlane mk11
Originally posted by psycho gundam
you saw what gladiator did to vulcan right?

You saw that Gladiators powers don't involve energy like most of Thanos's attacks, also Vulcan is way faster than Thanos. Thanos wins though, barely

psycho gundam
you got to be kidding....

thanos wouldn't even break his smile as he walks through vulcan's best blasts only to choke the shit out of him.

Omega Vision
No it wouldn't be redundant. No Thanos using his smarts would beat Vulcan, nothing he can throw at Vulcan apart from maybe telepathy could hurt Vulcan.........but thats off topic. Thanos soloes
Of course he solos but that's because he doesn't have a team so its a redundant statement.

Peterlane mk11
Originally posted by psycho gundam
you got to be kidding....

thanos wouldn't even break his smile as he walks through vulcan's best blasts only to choke the shit out of him.

Choking does what to a guy who tanked and came back from BB scream?

Thanos' blast would do nothing to Vulcan.

Peterlane mk11
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Of course he solos but that's because he doesn't have a team so its a redundant statement.

So the statement solo artist is redundant right. So is the term performing a solo. Shit the word solo is redundant.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Now people are saying Vulcan beats Thanos... Jesus. To add to his TP abilities.. lets not forget he was doing very well against Galactus for a time till Galactus turned up the heat. Granted he also got to the plane via Moondragon. However, it was still a good showing against a somebody with very very good TP defense.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Now people are saying Vulcan beats Thanos... Jesus. To add to his TP abilities.. lets not forget he was doing very well against Galactus for a time till Galactus turned up the heat. Granted he also got to the plane via Moondragon. However, it was still a good showing against a somebody with very very good TP defense.
It's not people. Its PERSON. Some guy keeps coming back who thinks Vulcan beats everyone. The guy even thought Vulcan could tank Galactus' wave of destruction from Annihilation. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

psycho gundam
Choking does what to a guy who tanked and came back from BB scream?

Thanos' blast would do nothing to Vulcan. thanos' pimp hand is way strong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.