who hates jar jar binks?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Samurai100
I completely hate jar jar and I want to see how many people agree with me

steverules_2
Everybody, close thread big grin

Scythe
I dooooo

Kazenji
I did'nt really find him annoying.

Sith Master X
I didn't care for him, but I hate when people use him as an excuse for not liking TPM.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Sith Master X
I didn't care for him, but I hate when people use him as an excuse for not liking TPM.

Well, he didn't help it any... That said, I want everyone to know that I do not hate TPM, though I am not a fan of Jar Jar in the slightest.

JediRobin23
I dont hate Jar Jar

One Free Man
this thread has been done to death.

roughrider
Originally posted by Samurai100
I completely hate jar jar and I want to see how many people agree with me

I don't. That got so overblown by some fans ten years ago, and it didn't hurt the box office one bit.

queeq
So that makes JarJar a great movie character?

One Free Man
Originally posted by queeq
So that makes JarJar a great movie character? well he's both black, cocky, and laughably pathetic, a metaphor for obama, quite Nostradamus-ish of lucas, but slightly ahead of its time for people to understand the satire.

Ms.Marvel
v for vandetta is overrated though. the comic was better.

One Free Man
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
v for vandetta is overrated though. the comic was better. I was inspired by both. Best fight scene ever if you click on my siggie.

Ms.Marvel
that scene irks me actually because all soldiers are trained to carry sidearms (pistols) because pulling out a pistol will always take a quarter of the time it takes to reload. as we saw as V was finishing off the last few guys some of them almost had the clips in their guns meaning that if theyd just switched to their side arms he wouldnt have been able to kill most of them before they had their pistols out and were aiming for the extremities instead of the chest.

he shouldnt have managed to kill them all but i guess if hed just been killed like he should have been the movie would have been a lot different. xD

queeq
Originally posted by One Free Man
well he's both black, cocky, and laughably pathetic, a metaphor for obama, quite Nostradamus-ish of lucas, but slightly ahead of its time for people to understand the satire.

I thought he was orange.

One Free Man
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
that scene irks me actually because all soldiers are trained to carry sidearms (pistols) because pulling out a pistol will always take a quarter of the time it takes to reload. as we saw as V was finishing off the last few guys some of them almost had the clips in their guns meaning that if theyd just switched to their side arms he wouldnt have been able to kill most of them before they had their pistols out and were aiming for the extremities instead of the chest.

he shouldnt have managed to kill them all but i guess if hed just been killed like he should have been the movie would have been a lot different. xD
1. These are BRITISH soldiers. you know how that goes. they are also SWAT or some british version, or maybe even just cops or ss members. cops and ss members cary one pistol, from the cutting they obviously aren't bullet-proof clad so they defenitely aren't SWAT. Since they are obviously the soldiers that follow mr. creedy around, I assumed they were SS members. SO realistically, this is possible.

2. Its based off of a comic book (ever adam west's batman?) and realism isn't really a goal so much as the idea portrayed by the scene.

One Free Man
I thought he was orange. Only in the cg world. the actor and voice-actor are both black.

General G
Well...he was no Samuel L. Jackson.

DarthLazious
I hated him but thats not why I didn't like TPM.

General G
The politics overwhelmed you?

Jedireaper
I was frozen today!

KingD19
I think the more appropriate question would be....Who doesn't hate Jar Jar Binks?

General G
I can think of a few people in this thread who said they didn't.

darthchucky
I'm OK with him. I'm really in the middle.

Bladewind
Jar Jar was made to attract younger people. I don't hate him but I think he doesn't fit. He was the dirty spot on a perfect white dress (the star wars movies). Get it?

Sith Master X
I think even the younger people wound up getting annoyed with him. I wasn't fond of Jar Jar when TPM first came out. I was 11 at the time.
The movie just wasn't what people were expecting giving that 16 years had passed. I thought it had alot of Star Wars spirit myself. It maybe dragged a bit at times, but I liked it.

Bladewind
I just watched the movies again and I have to say that every time Jar Jar Binks came up the wonderful atmosphere was destroyed.

Sith Master X
Agreed, he ruined certain scenes and aspects of the film to me, I just don't say that he "ruined the entire movie." Jar Jar could not have ruined Obi-Wan vs. Maul and other such aspects of the film in which he wasn't involved in. Only the scenes he were in- which don't constitute for the "entire film." So that's why I hate when people say "he ruined the whole movie." Just some of it.

queeq
Which is still quite a lot. wink

Sadako of Girth
I f***ing hated Jar Jar 'til Bayformers and Mutt Jones came along to show me how bad it could be.

At least later on we could see that Jar-Jar had to be a functional idiot to be core in getting the empire established... Still irritatingly inane though.

JediRobin23
Heres the great Jar Jar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C9JX6VRjn0

Ogami Itto
I dont know 1 person who likes jar jar

queeq
Me neither. Then again, I don't know many people. wink

Sith Master X
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
I dont know 1 person who likes jar jar

Georgie boy does, and according to him, so don't all the kids.
lol

It's ok, I still like the Prequels alot, but Lucas can admit that Jar Jar wasn't one of his better ideas. Maybe if he was a costume character and not an annoying animated piece of CGI, it could have worked.

queeq
You know George??????

Sith Master X
Lucas is my dad. no expression

Nah, but really lol If you look at interviews online there have been several people who asked him how he's dealt with the rejection of Jar Jar and he alawys goes, "Well, not everyone hates Jar Jar. The kids loved him, its' the older audience that didn't recieve him well."

Jack Daniels
wonder if sweersa would like jar jars ole lady?

Anakin_the_Hutt
The character Jar Jar hurts my brain, but I actually like the design of the Gungans. It would've been cool to see the species ACTUALLY fight in the Battle of Naboo. Not running around like morons, pimp slapping a droid here and there, but like WAR.

I think that would been cool. Jar Jar blows monkeys.

queeq
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Lucas is my dad. no expression

Nah, but really lol If you look at interviews online there have been several people who asked him how he's dealt with the rejection of Jar Jar and he alawys goes, "Well, not everyone hates Jar Jar. The kids loved him, its' the older audience that didn't recieve him well."

That seems to be LUcas' remedy in sweet talking the PT: " THere's a lot of fans out there, new fans, that love the new SW". He calls it "a whole new generation" which basically comes down to kids under 9 or so. He says the olde rgeneration loves the OT and a new generation the PT. I can't remember seeing on these pictures from 1977 endless lines of little kids waiting to get into the theatre.

So little kids sub 9 or lower love SW, ergo it's great. Especially Jar Jar, he's the greatest SW character ever. Let's ask these kids again in 15 years or so, will they still love the PT and JarJar?? I doubt it.

overlord
who can hate jar jar binks

General G
That seems to be LUcas' remedy in sweet talking the PT: " THere's a lot of fans out there, new fans, that love the new SW". He calls it "a whole new generation" which basically comes down to kids under 9 or so. He says the olde rgeneration loves the OT and a new generation the PT. I can't remember seeing on these pictures from 1977 endless lines of little kids waiting to get into the theatre.

So little kids sub 9 or lower love SW, ergo it's great. Especially Jar Jar, he's the greatest SW character ever. Let's ask these kids again in 15 years or so, will they still love the PT and JarJar?? I doubt it.
But it pays off now! Who cares what happens in 15 years or so from now. George wants his money now! haha nah, I'm not hatin' on the PT, it was good.

Sith Master X
Yeah, I didn't like Jar Jar back then, still don't like him today. But I liked TPM back then, and well....I still like it today. big grin But I know I speak for a very small amount of people there. lol

queeq
They are and will never be classic movies.

Sith Master X
You're right, the PT's will never be classic movies. The same can also be said for J.J Abrams Star Trek film, which was excellent, but won't go down as a classic 20 years from now, even though it was better than alot of the "Classic" Star Trek films. Keep in mind that I'm not trying to say that the PT is better than the OT, even though I prefer the PT, I can admit that classically speaking, the OT will always hold that position.

I think the word "classic" can open up alot of of good discussion here. smile I think we associate "classic" with the progression of time as well. For example, AVATAR was just released...but is it immediately a classic because of it's success? Not just yet. Is it likely to be a classic 10 years from now? Possibly, if it spawns more sequles that remain popular, than AVATAR will likely become a classic down the road. However, AVATAR could also end up being just a phase...and eventually die out. Indiana Jones was never intended to be a classic....but they turned out that way. They weren't classic's immediately at it's release, but with time and progession, they became just that. The PT most likely won't become classic's over time, considering TPM is already 10 years old. It's even harder for a new generation of movies to become "classics" when you have predecessors to live up to. I mentioned Indiana Jones, but I would only consider the "first three" to be classics. "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" not so much. But keep in mind in regards to the PT, we're all still here in the prequel section talking about films that have already aged quite signifgantly. Most movies you watch and forget about them, so the PT still has people talking.

The OT set the bar for filmmaking with groundbreaking effects back in the late 70's, early 80's, and that's something even James Cameron will never take away from Lucas.

queeq
Well, classic is hard to say. I have no idea where Avatar will end up. It's harder too, people need new things to be wowed and a lot of them. But still, there are still movies that make such an impression that they do become classics.

I was looking at the Empire 250 best movies ever list (from a large poll). It actually does inculde Star Trek, all the OT SW movies but none of the PT. I mean, as a fanboy it's fine to like the PT. But when we look at how well they are made as movies, as stories and how they are told, they are seriously flawed and lack a lot of what the OT has.

Many new fans of SW think Empire is the most boring film of all, yet it's the only SW movie in the top ten of that list. I know lists are not the be all and end all, but it does say something. It says something about how movies made an impression. Movies like Citizen Kane, A Wonderful Life, Silence of the Lambs and even very recent movies like Let the Right One In. The OT has a place among such films, the PT sadly doesn't (but rightfully so). How Avatar will end up? I dunno... history will tell, but it is a fact it is making a BIG impression now. Much more than the PT did.

neo010
I don't care... it's just another character.

InfernoJG95
ok thats it im buying a gun....he wasnt that bad....if you want someone to hate,hate edward cullen what did edward do? nothing what did jar jar do? he helped the jedi get to naboo palace, took out several AAT's and several droids. i dont see the problem....btw umm i dont know if you have heard this word before but COMICAL CHARECTER FOR THE KIDS YOU BRAIN DEAD MORONS.....JEES

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.