Replace Robert Neville

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
http://intelligenttravel.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/01/10/i_am_legend.jpg
You are to replace Robert Neville with a non-powered human to preside over the NYC in I Am Legend. The person you pick must be able to fight Darkseekers and hunt animals for food. He must be smart enough to attempt to find cures for the virus. The person you choose will have access to everything Neville had. Robert's house, various assortment of keys, weapons, food, supplies, equipment, and vehicles will all be transferred over to the replacement. As will his pet dog Samantha. Whoever you choose to replace Neville will have his immunity to the virus.

Things to Consider
*John McClane whether want to admit or not is nowhere near smart enough to replace Neville.
*Any version Bruce Wayne refuses to use firearms. Going H2H with Darkseekers is a quick way to get yourself sent to the grave.
*Before you all say this is tailor made for Blade. He's a superhuman.

Good Choices To Consider
*Jason Bourne
*Jango Fett
*John Connor
*Spock

Impediment
Off the top of my head, I'd say Ethan Hunt from the M:I movies. Even though Tom Cruise is a lousy actor.

dadudemon
Reed Richards (pre-powers if you want)

He discovers the cure before the outbreak even gets serious. He keeps his wife and kid and, therefore, doesn't end up with emotioanl problems.

In other words, the movie doesn't even happen with Mr. Fantastic's brain in play. big grin

Do I win a prize? big grin

Impediment
Syndrome from The Incredibles. He's smart as hell and makes awesome gadgets. Plus, he is not super human. Only super intelligent.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by dadudemon
Reed Richards (pre-powers if you want). He discovers the cure before the outbreak even gets serious. He keeps his wife and kid and, therefore, doesn't end up with emotioanl problems. Pre-powered Richards is fine. But he cannot bring any family members. His only living companion will be his new dog: Sam.........unless of course he builds a few robots.

jaden101
Hannibal Lecter. (Obviously in his more youthful days). He might be a psychiatrist but i'm sure he can apply his vast intellect to other fields. He quite clearly physically capable (the way he dealt with the 2 officers in Silence of the Lambs (lifting one up the cage wall). I don't think he'd go partly mad like Neville did and so would never fall for the trap using the dummy in the 1st place.

He'd probably eat a few of the darkseekers as well.

Seth Brundle from the fly.

Rogue Jedi
Dustin Hoffman's character from "Outbreak."

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Dustin Hoffman's character from "Outbreak."

LOL

I was thinking something similar.

I figured, though, that he couldn't do anything about since there is no "original" carrier, that he's aware of, to get his hands on and create a cure with.

But wait....maybe I'm wrong. Since he is immune, then he could use himself to make a cure? Obviously, he'd do it faster than Neville. Am I right?

Rogue Jedi
**** if I know. Hoffman's character pwns Reed Richards because he has military training yo, he knows how to use a rifle. Maybe not as smart as Reed, but he figured shit out on the fly well enough, and he was smarter than Neville IMO.

dadudemon
**** if I know. Hoffman's character pwns Reed Richards because he has military training yo, he knows how to use a rifle. Maybe not as smart as Reed, but he figured shit out on the fly well enough, and he was smarter than Neville IMO.

Yeah, but, Reed Richards can defeat demi-gods. laughing

Rogue Jedi
Not in human form no PWNED.

dadudemon
Not in human form no PWNED.
He certainly didn't physically fight Galactus. wink PWNED.

Darth Martin
He certainly didn't physically fight Galactus. wink PWNED. He certainly didn't ever fight Galactus.

wink PWNED.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darth Martin
He certainly didn't ever fight Galactus.

He did.

With his mind.

PWNED.

Darth Martin
IIFC it was Norrin Radd who killed Galactus. Not Richards.

dadudemon

no expression

I was referring to the comics. My comment was orignally intended as humor. Thanks for making things serious business. mad

Placidity
Haven't seen any options I would want to replace Neville with.

The smart genius types are a good choice except, it depends on the scenario. If They are suddenly put in that situation, they wouldn't have the time to build weapons or some uber device/cure etc. Unless, maybe if Richards could seal his building, then he could take all the time he wants for prep.

BruceSkywalker

teh Big G is not dead as he should be in the proposed Surfer movie..

no expression

I was referring to the comics. My comment was orignally intended as humor. Thanks for making things serious business. mad

what other comics do you read?

as for the thread, i am not sure.. i will think about it

dadudemon
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
what other comics do you read?

laughing thumb up

None. It should be the end of it as the movie is non-canon and the 616 comics are. big grin

BruceSkywalker
laughing thumb up

None. It should be the end of it as the movie is non-canon and the 616 comics are. big grin

yep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.