Who can keep up with the Silver Surfer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/f/fb/Norrin_Radd_%28Earth-121698%29_003.jpg
Like the casual game of tag played by the Silver Surfer and Human Torch in Fantastic Four: ROTSS. Surfer will not attempt to physically interevene like he did with Johnny Storm. Who can keep up?

Contestants
*Starscream
*Hancock
*Megatron
*Blackout
*Neo
*Iron Man
*Storm
*Fantasticar

Obviously, Superman is atleast as fast so theres no need to include him.

Rogue Jedi
I'd say Hancock, not sure on the rest.

Ms.Marvel
hancock

Scythe
Neo and Hancock can catch up for sure. If anything, I would thin Neo is faster than SS. Judging by the way windows shattered and cars were picked up all swirling behind him and such.

Darth Martin
-Starscream accelerated once he hit orbit.
-Megatron was seen on cruise control in outerspace in his space form.
-Blackout flew from the Qatar desert to Mission City in minutes-hours?
-Iron Man did the same vice versa. Flew from California to Afghanistan in hours?
-Fantasticar flew from NYC to Germany in minutes?

Link told Neo Morpheus was 500 miles south from his position. He got there in about 10-15 minutes. He'd clock in at best around 3,000 mph. Now, I'd assume with Trinity and Morpheus in danger he'd give it his all so I don't know if he pushed himself further at the end and bended the rules more for saving Trinity from falling. Thoughts?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Link told Neo Morpheus was 500 miles south from his position. He got there in about 10-15 minutes. He'd clock in at best around 3,000 mph. Now, I'd assume with Trinity and Morpheus in danger he'd give it his all so I don't know if he pushed himself further at the end and bended the rules more for saving Trinity from falling. Thoughts?

I agree. Neo didn't move as fast as he seemed to. You can still calculate his speed baed on his movement when he caught Trinity. It was hypersonic, for sure...but it wasn't, I am guessing, faster than 5000 Mph.

Would you guys like me to figure out his velocity in that scene and post it?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
I agree. Neo didn't move as fast as he seemed to. You can still calculate his speed baed on his movement when he caught Trinity. It was hypersonic, for sure...but it wasn't, I am guessing, faster than 5000 Mph.

Would you guys like me to figure out his velocity in that scene and post it? I picture you drooling over this haermm

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I picture you drooling over this haermm

"This" being your nipz?

DUH! roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing

Darth Martin
I'm drooling over your sig at the moment.

Placidity

Would you guys like me to figure out his velocity in that scene and post it?

Um No thanks roll eyes (sarcastic)

The point of the scene was to show his ridiculous speed that was flipping cars and wreaking destruction in his wake. Your calculations won't mean anything.

As for the topic...

It's too hard to say, but I guess I could class them

* Silver Surfer - Intergalactic Traveler in seconds (comics), or at least Interplanetary traveler in seconds.

*Starscream - At least Interplanetary traveler in seconds

*Megatron - At least Interplanetary traveler in seconds

*Hancock - Moves so fast he can't be seen (dunno where that ranks)

*Blackout - ?

*Neo - At least Hypersonic

*Iron Man - Not far greater than 2500 km/h

*Storm - Noob

*Fantasticar - Noob

dadudemon
Originally posted by Placidity
Um No thanks roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'll do it specifically because you said you don't want it. Seriously.

The point of the scene was to show his ridiculous speed that was flipping cars and wreaking destruction in his wake. Your calculations won't mean anything.

They will. He was shown moving near objects that have definable sizes, per a unit time. That's not it, either. There are many different things I could use that would correctly calculate his speed.

And, the objects were moving around him because HE was pulling them coincidentally to his flying ability. If you refuse to acknowledge that, then I can simply fall back on his actual movement speed. You can come up with your own explanations for why the objects were following him, but NONE of them can be due "fast" movement and it be a property of real world physics. NONE.

But, what's the real issue here?

BruceSkywalker
the Surfer s^cked badly..

Neo, Iron Man and Hancock

Placidity
You can come up with your own explanations for why the objects were following him, but NONE of them can be due "fast" movement and it be a property of real world physics. NONE.

But, what's the real issue here?

Because they were in the real world right?

Issue is that the director/scriptwriter wanted to convey that Neo was flying at insane speeds. You try to undermine this when it suits you by scrutinizing the scientific soundness of the scene. Sorry, directors did not hire physicists to make sure all their scenes would stand up to your type of bs. Believe what you will.

dadudemon
Because they were in the real world right?

A virtual world based on real world physics. So real that not even those aware that it is fake can break but a very select few of them...and, at that, they are just bending them.

Only one, every now and then, actually PROGRAMMED into the virtual world can actual change things about that world. On top of that, their ability to change it is limited.

Didn't you get onto someone else for twisting your words?

Issue is that the director/scriptwriter wanted to convey that Neo was flying at insane speeds. You try to undermine this when it suits you by scrutinizing the scientific soundness of the scene. Sorry, directors did not hire physicists to make sure all their scenes would stand up to your type of bs. Believe what you will.

Yes, really fast.

But your incorrect interpretation of speed beyond thousands of Mph is actually incorrect. If the directorS wanted to convey an even faster speed, they would have. Quite easily with their CGI team, as well.

And, sorry, the CGI artists actually go to lots of classes and spends literally thousands of hours inside program making things seem as seamless as possible with real world physics. There are even "presets" of "rules" for the CGI environment that help render more believable effects.

And, calling real physics B.S. is just stupid. Incorrectly believe what you will.

More on topic, if Neo was really going as fast as you incorrectly dream him to be, all we have to do is look behind him and see that the items are going almost as fast as he is. Even IF your theory were true that a really fast flying Neo caused that, why did the objects keep up with him? That wouldn't be the case at all, if what you said is true.

On top of that, Neo had to catch Trinity without splattering her. The objects that quickly followed Neo were still traveling...and not at an absurd speed that you wish it was, either.

If it were as fast as I am guessing you wanted it to be, the objects would burn up...as well as Neo's clothes (unless Neo can make a force field around himself to keep things from burning up.

To further back this point up, we get to see Neo traveling ALMOST as fast at the beginning of that very same movie. The clouds followed him and we can clearly see him travel and supersonic speeds. However, it isn't some sort of absurd speed...yet, the clouds still followed him. Maybe it's a property of his traveling in the matrix rather than an obviously incorrect theory of absurd speed?

In other words, we have tons of evidence to support a speed that I am declaring and a plausible theory to back up why objects follow him at that speed, but we have nothing to support your theory, tons of contradicting evidence, and a lack of evidence to support it. On top of this, we have you declaring a use of physics to determine actual velocity as B.S. If you were another person, I would assume you were an idiot. Why would anyone throw out physics to calculate velocity especailly when there is plenty of video evidence to calculate that speed off of?

Placidity
It was hypersonic, for sure...

*Neo - At least Hypersonic

But your incorrect interpretation of speed beyond thousands of Mph is actually incorrect.

Yea, Okay.

Heres an early Christmas present.

http://i45.tinypic.com/ofbs6.jpg

dadudemon
Yea, Okay.

Heres an early Christmas present.

http://i45.tinypic.com/ofbs6.jpg

So, you agree and I'm right? (In other words, you were trolling the entire time, having read my posts.)

And, there is only one troll here and it's you. I don't know how you've lasted this long.

Placidity
So, you agree and I'm right? (In other words, you were trolling the entire time, having read my posts.)

And, there is only one troll here and it's you. I don't know how you've lasted this long.

No, you just have basic comprehension problems. Its okay

dadudemon
No, you just have basic comprehension problems. Its okay

You mean you're a troll. There's no wiggling out of this one, Placidity. It's quite obvious to anyone who reads this thread that you were definitely baiting and trolling this time.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z238/dadudemon/placidity.jpg

And, no. It's not okay.

Let's have a competition. You have made inferrences to your physics prowess in the past. Let's both run calculations on Neo's speed and post up our math and answers. Then, let's send off our work to be checked by a physics professor or have Jaden101 verify our work if he agrees to it.

Placidity
You mean you're a troll. There's no wiggling out of this one, Placidity. It's quite obvious to anyone who reads this thread that you were definitely baiting and trolling this time.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z238/dadudemon/placidity.jpg

And, no. It's not okay.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/tibe9mm/Troll_fail.jpg

lol fail , "no, you're trolling" response.

Let's have a competition. You have made inferrences to your physics prowess in the past. Let's both run calculations on Neo's speed and post up our math and answers. Then, let's send off our work to be checked by a physics professor or have Jaden101 verify our work if he agrees to it.

Lol, you dumbass. The point is it will probably work out to be much less than hypersonic if you measure his speed in that scene. You like to think of yourself as smart don't you? Yet you can't figure that out?

Rogue Jedi
Riddick totally stabbed Fry.

dadudemon
http://koti.mbnet.fi/tibe9mm/Troll_fail.jpg

lol fail , "no, you're trolling" response.

Yeah, I'm trolling because I replied to your troll posts. Good job.

Lol, you dumbass. The point is it will probably work out to be much less than hypersonic if you measure his speed in that scene. You like to think of yourself as smart don't you? Yet you can't figure that out?

Oh, name calling now?

So, do we have a deal or are you just going to pretend like you know anything while being smug?

Placidity, I think it needs to be said: I'm better than you. Find some way to deal with it. You'll run into more of those types as life goes on. There's no reason to hate a person on the internet because he's better than you.

Rogue Jedi
Bewbz.

Placidity
Yeah, I'm trolling because I replied to your troll posts. Good job.

Thanks, I try to put trolls and smartasses in their place whenever possible.

So, do we have a deal or are you just going to pretend like you know anything while being smug?

Oh you really do have comprehension problems. Or more likely you are trolling. Again.

But go ahead, work out the speed, I'd love to see you contradict your own stated hypersonic speed level, essentially owning yourself. Good job!

Rogue Jedi
Get a room.

dadudemon
Thanks, I try to put trolls and smartasses in their place whenever possible.

Oh you really do have comprehension problems. Or more likely you are trolling. Again.

But go ahead, work out the speed, I'd love to see you contradict your own stated hypersonic speed level, essentially owning yourself. Good job!

More trolling? I mean, seriously.

Here's my impression of Placidity:

Placidity: *Trolls threadz*
Victim: Dude, get off me.
Placidity: ZOMG! U R teh stupidz!
Victim: No I'm not. I'm right cause of X. Not get off me.facepalm
Placidity: ZOMG! You are teh trollz! *makes troll comic*
Victim: WTF? You can't call other people trollz...because you're trolling them. That makes no ****ing sense. no expression
Placidity: You're a dumbass. ZOMG, you're a troll! WEEEEEEE!
Victim: No....u?
Placidyt: ZOMG! YOU ARE TROLLING AGAIN!

And, don't forget, you said "hypersonic" as well. Self pwn?

Rogue Jedi
Silver Surfer is gay. GAY.

Placidity
More trolling? I mean, seriously.

Here's my impression of Placidity:

Placidity: *Trolls threadz*
Victim: Dude, get off me.
Placidity: ZOMG! U R teh stupidz!
Victim: No I'm not. I'm right cause of X. Not get off me.facepalm
Placidity: ZOMG! You are teh trollz! *makes troll comic*
Victim: WTF? You can't call other people trollz...because you're trolling them. That makes no ****ing sense. no expression
Placidity: You're a dumbass. ZOMG, you're a troll! WEEEEEEE!
Victim: No....u?
Placidyt: ZOMG! YOU ARE TROLLING AGAIN!

And, don't forget, you said "hypersonic" as well. Self pwn?

Fail troll is fail.

Alpha Centauri
Certain people need to grow up, in all seriousness.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Well, he looks gay. Who flies around naked on a shiny surfboard?

-Pr-
Well, he looks gay. Who flies around naked on a shiny surfboard?

he's not naked.

Placidity
Hey don't diss the Surfer. He is badass.

Rogue Jedi
haermm He looks naked.

Alpha Centauri
Because doing anything naked makes you homosexual, of course.

-AC

Robtard
Just an FYI.

Neo's speed has already been calculated; it's online. It was brought up during the 'Luke Vs Neo' thread.

Rogue Jedi
Neo is gay.

Alpha Centauri
Do you actually have anything to contribute besides comments like that, RJ?

I really am not trying to be an ass here, man; I say that with 100% sincerity, but do you not ever get tired of acting like you're seven years old?

-AC

Robtard
He's doing it to troll you, he knows you'll react to it.

Just an observation, because I'm awesome like Batman.

Rogue Jedi
Batman's gay.

Wei Phoenix
I don't think any of them can keep up with Surfer if he's going all out.

Alpha Centauri
Anyway, Silver Surfer didn't actually show any monumental speed in the movie.

-AC

Robtard
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

I think he did, I'd have to re-watch FF2 again (don't want to), but I do recall the military saying they were tracking something unknown (the Surfer) and they mentioned its very high rate of speed.

Rogue Jedi
I thought DDM was gonna hit us up with a buncha stats and shit?

Robtard

He's probably still gleaning info off the web, so he can then pass it off as his own calculations.

Rogue Jedi
Well, I know you'll dismiss it, but he is pretty good at that shit.

Robtard
Well, I know you'll dismiss it, but he is pretty good at that shit.

He's a smart-guy, I know this. He's also full of shit, many a time.

Like I said, Neo's speed has been deduced; it was posted in the Luke Vs Neo thread. The argument was could Luke react before Neo flew into him at 'X' mph. Neo made a 500 mile trip in around 15-20 mins, iirc. So he was travelling at 2,000mph, or there about.

Rogue Jedi
That idea was based on Luke's precog, that he would know what Neo would do moments before he did it.

Mindship
*Starscream
*Hancock
*Megatron
*Blackout
*Neo
*Iron Man
*Storm
*Fantasticar
Of those I'm familiar with: Hancock has the best chance, I feel.

Re: Neo...his speed was entirely virtual, a product of his mindset within the Matrix. All that stuff caught in the Neo Wake: I would say that reflected more the intensity of his desperation to get to Trinity AFAP rather than an accurate simulation of what would've really happened had he pulled that stunt in the material world.

Robtard
That idea was based on Luke's precog, that he would know what Neo would do moments before he did it.

So Luke would have a second advanced notice, that wouldn't be enough time to physically react to someone coming at him that fast from the close distance they started at. That was the counter.

But let's not dwell into that nonsense again.

jaden101
Riddick totally stabbed Fry.

Bitter much?

Rogue Jedi
haermm

jaden101
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

Besides from getting to earth from the last inhabited planet that he scouted for Galactus.

Although it didn't say how long it took but i'll have a guess that it wasn't hundreds of years.

Rogue Jedi
Surely there's a link somewhere that'll tell us?

Placidity

Nah he isn't. Because I already pointed out that if he did, his figures would be much less than what he originally stated (hypersonic). Then I would proceed to post up a self-pwn picture. He knows this.

Robtard
Surely there's a link somewhere that'll tell us?

Said above. In FF2 the military people do state how fast he's traveling, iirc. I just won't watch that movie again.

Placidity
Originally posted by jaden101
Besides from getting to earth from the last inhabited planet that he scouted for Galactus.

Although it didn't say how long it took but i'll have a guess that it wasn't hundreds of years.

Exactly.

He travels from Earth's orbit onto land in seconds.

Also, from the opening scene he leaves the exploding planet very quickly, but its too difficult to say how fast he was.

Rogue Jedi
FAST.

Alpha Centauri
I'm saying it wasn't appearing as monumental when compared with others from movies.

Not that he was moving at snail pace.

-AC

Darth Martin
*Fantasticar - Noob The thing flew from NYC to Germany in minutes.

Robtard
The thing flew from NYC to Germany in minutes.

It had a hemi.

Darth Martin
Hemi?

Rogue Jedi
Hemi=FAST.

Robtard
Honda Civic's have a hemispherical engine(as an e.g.), so it isn't always the case.

Darth Martin
That helps. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Placidity
Okay, from opening scene Surfer's speed is at least...

* 121 611 273 kmph
* 75 565 741.694 mph
* Mach 99 270

Placidity
I take back calling the Fantasticar noob. It travelled from Manhattan to Siberia in under 45 seconds. So, faster than Iron Man.

Darth Martin
You sure it was 45 seconds? Thought it was a few minutes.

dadudemon
Fail troll is fail.

Hey, Placidity, despite the fact that we are at each other's throats all the time, I still love you.

Your Versus threads are literally the best in here.

I was. I was busy with real life. School work: Had to write a program in Python that could sort data in a .csv by dynamic input from the user. (in other words, the user specifies what data he or she wants to retrieve, and of what type.) After that, I was running cracks against several different files types in PRTK: I had to create cracking dictionaries from "foreign language" websites using this nifty scanning and seclusion algorithm (because some of the files are in foreign languages.) Cracked 8 out the 10 passwords...gotta figre out the last two. THEN, after that, I was working on a webserver distributed denial of service attack (DDoS) mitigation plan for an extranet webserver.

THEN, I had to play Forza III on the Xbox 360 because that is way more fun than posting on KMC.

I told you all that so others could see how busy I am instead of accusing me of being full of b.s. and was too dumb to figure it out. (like Robtard said and Placidity might think.) I'll post up my python program, my mitigation pre-writeups, and the files and passwords to the files along with the cracking algorithms I designed, if any of you are interested. They should all be dated in one form or another fer evidence! laughing

Originally posted by Robtard
Just an FYI.

Neo's speed has already been calculated; it's online. It was brought up during the 'Luke Vs Neo' thread.

Wasn't that just his travel time to save his peeps from the ghost twins, though? That's not the "save trinity" scene. (Unless you're referring to something else.) The save Trinity scene may have a different number. (Though, the number doesn't appear to be as fast as other's see it.)

He's probably still gleaning info off the web, so he can then pass it off as his own calculations.

That's B.S. For the train stopping feat, I used my own calculations BEFORE you found what you did. It did it slightly different than they did, but it was basically the same way.

On top of that, I did my own calculations on the dropping speed of the car in Transformers 2, proving that it wasn't a lethal velocity when it hit.

I'd appreciate a tad more respect.

Also, calculating some of these things could be done by a fifth grader. For instance, calculating Neo's speed to reach the other people. "500 miles away" and it's 15 minutes later. The only thing remotely difficult about this is knowing the proper conversion factors....which shouldn't give a smart 5th grader much trouble. no expression

In the one Placidity just did, it is very similar. Cept, it would take measurements, which are probably beyond the abilities of most 5th graders. But it' still dividing distance by time...simple word problem math.

He's a smart-guy, I know this.

Thanks.

He's also full of shit, many a time.

Rarely if eever.

Originally posted by Mindship
Re: Neo...his speed was entirely virtual, a product of his mindset within the Matrix. All that stuff caught in the Neo Wake: I would say that reflected more the intensity of his desperation to get to Trinity AFAP rather than an accurate simulation of what would've really happened had he pulled that stunt in the material world.

This is similar to my theory. It is just a property of Neo's flying. The clouds follow him when he dives down really fast at the beginning of the film, a well, proving that it isn't a one time occurance.

Nah he isn't. Because I already pointed out that if he did, his figures would be much less than what he originally stated (hypersonic). Then I would proceed to post up a self-pwn picture. He knows this.

More baiting? No, I am. And, I said less than 5000 miles per hour. I assume hypersonic, at most.

* 121 611 273 kmph
* 75 565 741.694 mph
* Mach 99 270

Show you're work.

I don't have the scene with me or at home, so I don't know at what angle he left the planet.

If it was directly from the left or right, that's a really easy calculation to make, based on time, if you assume that planet is the same size as the Earth. (Just have to use "earth diameters" and see how long it takes him to replicate almost an exact earth diameter, check the beginning and end times on the film, and dividing the earth diameter by that unit of time, and convert to the appropriate units.

Earth's Diameter is 12756 km at the equator.

Now, there could be a major flaw in that calculation. If you used the Earth's Diameter at the equater, you have to remember that the earth is a slight Oblate Elipsoid. Thought there diference will probably not change the calculation that much....(but you were specific all the one down to the ones.) On top of this, for a proper physics calculation, you can only be accurate to the first whole number (technically, positive integer, but we know these will be expressed in positive numbers, so I said whole number) as the timing on the dvd/blu-ray player should only be down to he seconds. (I haven't seen one with a tenths or hundreths timer...at least a consumer product.)

* 121 611 273 kmph
* 75 565 741.694 mph
* Mach 99 270

Show you're work.

I don't have the scene with me or at home, so I don't know at what angle he left the planet.

If it was directly from the left or right, that's a really easy calculation to make, based on time, if you assume that planet is the same size as the Earth. (Just have to use "earth diameters" and see how long it takes him to replicate almost an exact earth diameter, check the beginning and end times on the film, and dividing the earth diameter by that unit of time, and convert to the appropriate units.

Earth's Diameter is 12756 km at the equator.

If you used the Earth's Diameter at the equater, you have to remember that the earth is a slight Oblate Elipsoid. Thought there diference will probably not change the calculation that much....(but you were specific all the one down to the ones.) On top of this, for a proper physics calculation, you can only be accurate to the first whole number (technically, positive integer, but we know these will be expressed in positive numbers, so I said whole number) as the timing on the dvd/blu-ray player should only be down to he seconds. (I haven't seen one with a tenths or hundreths timer...at least a consumer product.)

In other words, all you have to do is two things:

1. Make sure his exit vector was almost exactly perpindicular to the viewer to properly conclude his speed. (If it was at an angle, your calculations could actually be too small...from just a little to a lot.)

2. Show how you arrived at the proper time calculation for his exit. Being off by even tenths of a second can change the calculation by thousands of Kph.

Now, there could be a major flaw in that calculation. How large was the SS's "glow trail" relative to the planet? The planet could have been really small. We need a comparison to another one of his glow trails. (The glow trail/halo of him has to be a relative comparison.)

Someone could say that the "halo" thingie gets bigger the faster he travels. Then, that person has to prove that with in movie feats.

Bardock42

I told you all that so others could see how busy I am instead of accusing me of being full of b.s. and was too dumb to figure it out. (like Robtard said and Placidity might think.) I'll post up my python program, my mitigation pre-writeups, and the files and passwords to the files along with the cracking algorithms I designed, if any of you are interested. They should all be dated in one form or another fer evidence! laughing

Yes, please.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes, please.

Seriously? Cause I will. big grin (just have to zip it all up and attach it to a post. WEEEE!)

Or are you being an a**hole again?

Edit-
Why didn't you get onto me for "you're" in my post? I can haz disappoint.

Bardock42
Seriously? Cause I will. big grin (just have to zip it all up and attach it to a post. WEEEE!)

Or are you being an a**hole again?

Edit-
Why didn't you get onto me for "you're" in my post? I can haz disappoint.

Perhaps a bit of both, but please do.

And it did bother me, but I figured no point in calling you out on a typo.

dadudemon
Perhaps a bit of both, but please do.

K.

I'll do it later. I'm at work. Obviously, you can imagine what would happen if I had PFTK on my computer...

I'll add some "logic" to the program just for you, Bardock. (I think I've sent you one of my .java programs before in IM. Was it the simple knapsack program or was it something else? I can't remember.)

Edit - Wait, I may have my mitigiation plans available. I could attach those now...lemme check....

And it did bother me, but I figured no point in calling you out on a typo.

Good. And, it wasn't a typo, it was just me typing too fast and not paying attention: AKA dumb@ss moment.

Placidity
You sure it was 45 seconds? Thought it was a few minutes.

Yeah, I watched the scene again. After they discover Doom killed everyone and took the board, Reed soon after remotely calls in the Fantasticar. They have a little chit chat and hurry onto the roof, where it arrives.

Darth Martin
Yeah, I rewatched it like 2.5 hours ago. It was around a minute or 55 sec.

Placidity
Hey, Placidity, despite the fact that we are at each other's throats all the time, I still love you.

Your Versus threads are literally the best in here.

love

More baiting? No, I am. And, I said less than 5000 miles per hour. I assume hypersonic, at most.

And? I said your calculated figure will be less than Hypersonic?

Show you're work.

I don't remember the figures I used last time, but I will do it again. Works out even faster this time.

Travels from the Moon to the lower Troposhere of Earth.

Time taken: 10 secs

Distance from Core of Moon to Core of Earth: 384,403 km

Distance from Core of Moon to lower Troposhere of Earth = 384,403 - Radius of the Earth (6,371) - Distance of lower Troposhere from Surface of the Earth (9 km) = 378,023 km.

Speed = d/t
= 378,023 km / 10 s
= 136 088 280 kmph

* 84 561 336 mph
* Mach 128 123

Placidity
Yeah, I rewatched it like 2.5 hours ago. It was around a minute or 55 sec.

Tell me when you started timing and when you stopped... as in the timepoints in the film.

dadudemon
And? I said your calculated figure will be less than Hypersonic?

We don't necessarily disagree. I have my ceiling as a hypersonic guess.

I don't remember the figures I used last time, but I will do it again. Works out even faster this time.

Travels from the Moon to the lower Troposhere of Earth.

Time taken: 10 secs

Distance from Core of Moon to Core of Earth: 384,403 km

Distance from Core of Moon to lower Troposhere of Earth = 384,403 - Radius of the Earth (6,371) - Distance of lower Troposhere from Surface of the Earth (9 km) = 378,023 km.

Speed = d/t
= 378,023 km / 10 s
= 136 088 280 kmph

* 84 561 336 mph
* Mach 128 123

Checked it and it's correct. I came up with 136088280, as well. (All of my assumptions were yours. 9000 meters above the surface of the earth, etc.)

However, your number on the distance is the average to the centers. There is apogee and perigee. That will change your numbers slightly. (It's over 30,000 Km difference...that's roughly an 8% difference.)

Now, that doesn't change much for any of the other characters, though. That's still faster than any of the other characters.

Edit, and to share what I plan to do with my calculations: I plan to use the office windows and/or other objects around Neo that he passes. I can find averages for those items. (This is similar to what the Mythbusters due with objects they launch past their ruler thingie.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.