Which team would you hire to protect you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
You are living in the Marvel Universe and can hire the following teams to protect you. Who would you hire?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wolverine and Colossus

Cyclops and Emma Frost

Invisible Woman and Thing

Captain America and Ms. Marvel

Spider-Man and She-hulk

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
You are living in the Marvel Universe and can hire the following teams to protect you. Who would you hire?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wolverine and Colossus

Cyclops and Emma Frost

Spider-Man and She-hulk

First one.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
First one. why?

-Pr-
why?

Just instinct. team 2 doesn't interest me that much, three is ok, but again, not interested, 4 and 5 aren't bad, but i just still prefer 1.

tough as hell, and almost impossible to take down by anyone under herald.

khazra
Defnitely emma or sue's team. Tp takes care of a huge percentage of people who might want to hurt me, as does invisibility.

khazra
Just instinct. team 2 doesn't interest me that much, three is ok, but again, not interested, 4 and 5 aren't bad, but i just still prefer 1.

tough as hell, and almost impossible to take down by anyone under herald.
What if someone shoots you from a distance? Or IS faster than them?
If cap really wanted to kill you for some reason, thsoe 2 wouldnt even stop him....

-Pr-
Originally posted by khazra
What if someone shoots you from a distance? Or IS faster than them?
If cap really wanted to kill you for some reason, thsoe 2 wouldnt even stop him....

cap wouldnt get past colossus, and he'd have a hell of a time with logan. both men can take a bullet for me.

Philosophía
Team 1 or 4.

khazra
cap wouldnt get past colossus, and he'd have a hell of a time with logan. both men can take a bullet for me.
If they know its coming and can get in the way. Emma could read thoughts of someone aiming before it happened & with sue you'd be invisible.

Cap's judo tossed terrax & thor, he can do the same to colossus & wolverine. Than he's there decapitating you with a shield.

Starscream M
If they know its coming and can get in the way. Emma could read thoughts of someone aiming before it happened & with sue you'd be invisible.

Cap's judo tossed terrax & thor, he can do the same to colossus & wolverine. Than he's there decapitating you with a shield. wait, wait...why would Cap be coming to kill you? lol

The Nuul
Prob 1, Logan is a ***** to keep down, hes always coming back unless BFed. Colossus is in the top 3 tanks for under low Herald.

2 is good because of Emma TP but there are a lot of people with TP immunity etc...

3 is ok because of Sues can turn me invisible or FF.....but I will always have to be near her.

4 is ok because of Mrs. Marvel and her powers.

5 Sucks.

valtiz
Originally posted by The Nuul

Sues can turn me invisible or FF.....but I will always have to be near her.

now thats a great reason to keep touching her

Starscream M

5 Sucks. well, you get Spider-Man's spidersense to warn you of any dangers and also his humor as a bonus

-Pr-

Cap's judo tossed terrax & thor, he can do the same to colossus & wolverine. Than he's there decapitating you with a shield.

team 2 is a no go for me. completely.

that's nice for cap, but colossus knows judo too.

The Nuul
Colossus's Judo throw is much harder than Caps.

valtiz
if cap will try to judo throw colossus he gets into a physical contact with him and the second cap gets into a physical contact with colossus he lose his arms and legs

The Pict
I would most likely choose Emma and Scott. Scott has experience protecting his students and Emma's TP gives her an edge the other's don't have.

xJLxKing
Team 3 if it comes to protecting me from tanks, guns, hitmen...etc. Sue's force field would a incredible while The Thing uses his power to break through.
Team 1 if they had to protect me from the other teams

Starscream M
team 2 is a no go for me. completely.

I'm really surprised

SamZED
Deadpool and Lobo. I'd most likely end up dying but that'd be a lot of fun.

-Pr-
I'm really surprised

why?

you think i really want to spend time with a guy that's exactly like me, but is better looking, has a death ray coming out of his eyes, and his stunning if snobby girlfriend?

no thanks.

The Nuul
Originally posted by SamZED
Deadpool and Lobo. I'd most likely end up dying but that'd be a lot of fun.

confused

Superman and Batman for me but too bad they arent in this thread either.

khazra
Bein a good brick isnt really helpful if your not 100% covered by him though. Crossbones or scalphunter can still kill you with that sniper rifle...

ANd yeah cap wouldnt be coming for you. Its a relatively unpowerful character thats an example of someone who'd get past them if they wanted you dead IMO

Someone like omega red is another good exmaple. He'd kill you with wolvie & colossus protecting you but if you wer invisible he'd never find you & if he was coing to get you emma would sense him with TP before he got close.

ANd to whoever said loads of people have TP immunity...far more people have acess to a gun with a scope.

Sin I AM
Colossus is in the top 3 tanks for under low Herald.

based on what exactly?

Starscream M
why?

you think i really want to spend time with a guy that's exactly like me, but is better looking, has a death ray coming out of his eyes, and his stunning if snobby girlfriend?

no thanks. lol

I thought you'd die at the chance to hang around your idol Cyke...guess I was wrong

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Sin I AM
based on what exactly? name 3 people under herald level who is stronger than colossus

-Pr-
lol

I thought you'd die at the chance to hang around your idol Cyke...guess I was wrong

he's not really my idol. favourite character, sure, but it's more being able to relate to the guy than being in awe of him.

Tha C-Master

Wolverine and Colossus

Cyclops and Emma Frost

Spider-Man and She-hulk 2 and 3 are the most powerful, actually 2 probably is. I didn't realize Emma was on there. Team 5 would probably be the most fun to be around though.

khazra
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
name 3 people under herald level who is stronger than colossus
Whats herald level exactly? Do you count the elite top tiers like thor/supes/majestic etc as heralds level over here? I'll leave people i consider to be of that wieghtclass of the list for easiness sake....

Maul, Crusade, Hulk, jugernaut, hercules, she-hulk, exiles thunderbird, the general/shaggy man, supergirl, superboy, wonderwoman, abomination, wonderman, nefaria, Maestro, Grey (gamma corps), sentry........
Basically everyone whos listed as class 100 and has atleast a few feats to support it.

Sin I AM

wonderman
she-hulk
thing
dragon man
capt britain etc etc

unless your talkin about dc characters too

The Nuul

Or as durable, more agile and a better fighter.

The Nuul
wonderman
she-hulk
thing
dragon man
capt britain etc etc

WM and CB are not tanks. DM, dont know who he is.

Sin I AM
Whats herald level exactly? Do you count the elite top tiers like thor/supes/majestic etc as heralds level over here? I'll leave people i consider to be of that wieghtclass of the list for easiness sake....

Maul, Crusade, Hulk, jugernaut, hercules, she-hulk, exiles thunderbird, the general/shaggy man, supergirl, superboy, wonderwoman, abomination, wonderman, nefaria, Maestro, Grey (gamma corps), sentry........
Basically everyone whos listed as class 100 and has atleast a few feats to support it.

nefaria
juggernaut
supergirl
superboy
woder woman
hulk and most incarnations except grey

are considered herald or low herald levelrs

The Nuul
He can check out the tier thread instead of filling this one up.

Sin I AM
WM and CB are not tanks. DM, dont know who he is.

he didnt specify tanks, or bricks...he said that arent heralds

and dragon man is an android that would wreck colossus

The Nuul
Ah..

vansonbee

Wolverine and Colossus

Cyclops and Emma Frost

Spider-Man and She-hulk
My first choice would be Wolverine/Colossus, because Logan can sniff out unwanted guest and take care of them, while Colossus is a good shield.

Second pick is Spider-Man & She-Hulk, Spider senses, for easy dodge and decent brick like She-Hulk for protection between her hmmp* embarrasment

Captain America / Ms. Marvel are average, offensive & defensive.

Invisible Woman would of been anyone choice, but how can she generate the shield all day... Ben Grim stands out to much stick out tongue

Everyone good, but this is my preferences

Omega Vision
Team 5 for personality more than anything. These are all solid bodyguard duos but Spider-Man's humor and She-Hulk's hotness would be welcome traveling companions.

Tenebrous

Wolverine and Colossus

Cyclops and Emma Frost

Spider-Man and She-hulk

i would choose team 4. Ms. marvel arguably the most powerful one on that list, and i'm secure in the knowledge that the avengers are no nonsense and cap will be the best strategist to come up with some type of security detail/contingency plan/escape route (since "protect" doesn't necessarily mean "defeat my enemy"wink...problems i have with the others are:

team 1: colossus would be a great protector but wolverine is just not someone i would trust to guard me consistently and smartly. that's why i prefer cap over him. Not to mention that wolverine would just be as likely to renew one of his personal rivalries as to do his job of protecting me.

team 2: cyclops and emma may be too distracted with their baggage to do the job at hand. having mutants protecting me may also indirectly cause me harm as the x-men have many, many, many enemies.

team 3: sue is extremely powerful but this team is two polar opposites in terms of having 1 member making me stand out wherever i am due to his huge orange bulk and the other member making it appear i only have that huge orange bulk for protection, when it's really her they should be worried about. however assuming that i'm not notorious or well known in the MU, i would want to keep a low profile and a large rocky man doesnt do it.

team 5: Spider-man is like wolverine in having too much of a rogue's gallery for my taste. and i'd much rather prefer ms. marvel to she-hulk.

khazra
Isnt well within sue's current power levels to keep all 3 of you invisible all day?

Even if she just keeps the 2 of you invisible, Thing hasnt really got any bitter enemies who are going to come looking for him.

Starscream M
Isnt well within sue's current power levels to keep all 3 of you invisible all day?

Even if she just keeps the 2 of you invisible, Thing hasnt really got any bitter enemies who are going to come looking for him. but thing is prone to getting attention...hes not one to keep a low profile

Tenebrous

Even if she just keeps the 2 of you invisible, Thing hasnt really got any bitter enemies who are going to come looking for him.

that's true but man i want protection...not be invisible and attention-starved all day stick out tongue

Colossus-Big C
wonderman
she-hulk
thing
dragon man
capt britain etc etc

wonderman=low herald level

colossus is stronger than thing
colossus is stronger than cap britian

she hulk is the only one

Colossus-Big C
he didnt specify tanks, or bricks...he said that arent heralds

and dragon man is an android that would wreck colossus i believe colossus already fought dragon man

Lord Feron
- Mostly IW because of her obvious powers. But she could easily take out most people by blinding them and suffocating them. (owned wolverine like that)
- Thing would be the mucle and the durable distraction for anyone strong guy after me.

or

Cyclops and Emma Frost
-cyclops has pretty good h2h capability (even though he does not display it much) and his optic blast which can blow away most threats. Also he has amazing aim, so he himnself would be like a walking sentry gun.

- Emma, min read most people to see if they are a threat, mind **** ppl, and diamond form would come in handy if it got ugly.

Sin I AM
wonderman=low herald level

colossus is stronger than thing
colossus is stronger than cap britian

she hulk is the only one

I have to check that, maybe your referring to Classic Wonderman, and I still dont recall him being herald level...he was only as strong as a weakened Thor if my memory serves me correctly.

What makes you think he's stronger than Thing? more durable yes, stronger...no...i'd say equal if anything

and Captain Britain is in excess of 100

piotr is not

Sasaraixx
Can I make up my own team? lol If the goal was just to keep me safe, I would pick Emma and Sue. Between the two of them they could ward off just about any problem coming your way.

If I had to stick with the given teams, then I would have to go with Team 1. Those two guys are probably the 2 toughest to put down.

Parmaniac
1 or 3 but from whom are they protecting me?

Doctor-Alvis
Emma and Cyclops sound pretty good. Anything she can't mindrape but still can sense can probably be picked off by Cyclops with her acting as a radar system for him.

And IW and Thing can just tank everything.

Kris Blaze
Emma and Cyclops, easy.

Grinning Goku
Sue or Emma's team. The others would just draw more attention to you, while Emma could telepathically hide me from my enemies, or Sue could simply turn me invisible.

ColossusGrundy
wonderman
she-hulk
thing
dragon man
capt britain etc etc

None of those are stronger than Colossus, he is class 100+

Thing and She hulk aren't even 100, they're like 80

Captain Britain, don't make me laugh.

Team 1 ftw.

Colossus-Big C
I have to check that, maybe your referring to Classic Wonderman, and I still dont recall him being herald level...he was only as strong as a weakened Thor if my memory serves me correctly.

What makes you think he's stronger than Thing? more durable yes, stronger...no...i'd say equal if anything

and Captain Britain is in excess of 100

piotr is not actually all class 100's can lift beyond 100tons. colossus himself has shown to be able too

Doctor-Alvis
I don't see how team 1 is that great. Maybe if whoever or whatever is going to kill you has to kill them first, yeah, they'd be awesome, but if Bullseye can just blow your head up with a toothpick from a distance then there's trouble.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I don't see how team 1 is that great. Maybe if whoever or whatever is going to kill you has to kill them first, yeah, they'd be awesome, but if Bullseye can just blow your head up with a toothpick from a distance then there's trouble.

true. that's actually a tactic that gets overlooked.

celeyhyga17
3 or 4
I'm likin Sue's invisible shields
I also believe Ms. Marvel is most powerful among the groups.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Exactly. People are forgetting this isn't pokemon. You don't just throw Wolverine and Colossus at the enemy and have them battle for you. You could easily be picked off from a distance by a sniper or several other methods of attack Team 1 would be basically useless against.

While this does depend on who they protect me from, I'd go with Cyclops and Emma or Invisible Woman and Thing usually. The women in each team are a comforting asset. Emma could use her telepathy to prevent harm from nearing you and Invisible Woman's force fields are a welcome defense. I'd give a slight nod to the Fantastic 2 just in case someone manages to evade Emma's telepathy. I've no real qualms with either team though.

Nice thread by the way.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
None of those are stronger than Colossus, he is class 100+

Thing and She hulk aren't even 100, they're like 80

Captain Britain, don't make me laugh.

Team 1 ftw.

lol you have no idea what your talking about Captain Britain is greater than Colossus

Mshinu
My choise would depend on the kind of life I was living in the Marvel universe

If i can stay within a secured building most of the time Team 1
If I travel a lot Team 4
If I have to appear in public Team 3
etc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.