KMC - Comic Amalgam Tourney

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
The following KMC posters get their mind transplanted into their respective characters. Who would win in a tournament of champions? No BFR.

Superman (Philosophia)

Thor (Kris Blaze)

Hulk (Badabing)

Wonder Woman (Zeuodin)

Silver Surfer (Darthgoober)

Flash (Blair Wind)

Kyle Rayner (Val)

Starscream M
any thoughts?

Zeuodin
In a Tourney as in prep? Anyone of them can win. Sun amps and Absorbing suns and magical amps and speed force amps etc.

Flash and Surfer would win in any normal non CIS or PIS fights.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Zeuodin
In a Tourney as in prep? Anyone of them can win. Sun amps and Absorbing suns and magical amps and speed force amps etc.

Flash and Surfer would win in any normal non CIS or PIS fights. no prep

straight up fights.

the KMC posters directly take control of their characters.

Sin I AM
blair wind...flash should never lose

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Sin I AM
blair wind...flash should never lose

smile

I'd honestly consider Darth to be my biggest threat. Not only is he coupled with the greatest herald of Galactus, but he is also a brilliant strategist. Val and Kris are also high level threats given their characters powers and versatility.

I'd like to hear other's opinions considering that anything I say will have personal bias.

Martian_mind
Hulk, Kyle Rayner and Wonder Woman are non-factors. For two of them, it's due to the failings of the poster, and for 1 it's the failing of the character. Have fun guessing.

Thor and Superman would instantly go after one another, in an attempt to solve that particular dispute once and for all, but would probably blow up the planet as they geeked out over the power they had.

I'm gonna say Goober.

leonidas
Originally posted by Starscream M
The following KMC posters get their mind transplanted into their respective characters. Who would win in a tournament of champions? No BFR.

Superman (Philosophia)

Thor (Kris Blaze)

Hulk (Badabing)

Wonder Woman (Zeuodin)

Flash (Blair Wind)

Kyle Rayner (Val)

no prep? minds STRAIGHT into the character?? that would mean all skill levels are equal to what each of the kmc'ers bring to the fight. NONE of them are gonna be anywhere NEAR able to use the characters to the fullest. it would depend entirely upon who could come to terms with their abilities the fastest, i suppose, and i can't see anyone with the complex powersets dealing very well--or very quickly--with the sudden influx of abilities. certainly none will be fighting at uber speeds--imagine being dropped into a body that can move at lightspeed?? this is the kmc'ers mind, not the hero's! no chance a normal mind could deal with that. sorry bw--i can only imagine someone dropped into the flash would run smack into something and ko himself, or stun himself leaving himself wide open. i love val, but he's a non-factor cuz no way he's making the ring function. goob would likely have hell just staying on the board, let alone trying to filter and digest ss's cosmic senses! and even if ss's body could handle being repeatedly pummeled by mountain or planet-crushing blows, goob's mind certainly couldn't.

i'd say kris or phil ONLY because their powers are so rudimentary. all they really need to do is punch/hit REALLY hard. anyone can do that, and in fact, i'd say THAT would be the logical course of attack since that's exactly what the natural inclination of ANY 'regular human' would be. if pressed i'd say phil because he could punch really really hard really really fast. i'd give hulk a chance as well since i can't imagine the fliers would be very competent and would be open to leaping attacks or thrown objects or even shockwaves.

it would be vastly different were the characters familiar with the bodies and came in possessing all the knowledge of HOW to make the body function. but dropping your mind into a superhuman body and saying you could simply go about like nothing has happened and use all the powers as the hero himself could is . . . kinda silly, imo. occam's razor ftw, methinks.

Kris Blaze
It'd be Val.

Philosophía
If we just get dropped on the battlefield with no time to adapt/knowledge how to do certain things, that raises the problem with how would somebody like Val be able to do anything with the ring ? Or Blair to properly tap in to the speed force ? And these are just the most glaring examples.

Either way if, for the purpose of this thread, we would instantly adapt to the characters we become, the only thing I'm concerned of would be Blair's speed steal. He'd be faster on the go and would be able to steal my speed, but that's assuming he'd go after me -and I'm pretty sure he won't-. With that out of the way, I'd go for Goober/Kris and speedblitz them to death, or go invisible and see who goes after who.

The way I understood it, Blair would go after Goober or Kris/Val. Nobody will probably go after Bada because, well, unless you forget what you can do and start slugging it out he shouldn't be a problem. I'm pretty sure Zeuodin would go after Thor in an attempt to beat him (and he/she probably can considering the Tiara and Lasso) most likely trying to pick up the hammer in the process.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by leonidas
i'd say kris or phil ONLY because their powers are so rudimentary. all they really need to do is punch/hit REALLY hard. anyone can do that, and in fact, i'd say THAT would be the logical course of attack since that's exactly what the natural inclination of ANY 'regular human' would be. if pressed i'd say phil because he could punch really really hard really really fast. i'd give hulk a chance as well since i can't imagine the fliers would be very competent and would be open to leaping attacks or thrown objects or even shockwaves.

That's true, I am a lot better than most people here.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why the hell would anyone put Kris in Thor over me (Of course this is bruce, so it doesn't have to make sense.)? Kris is the Thor Girl to my Thor.

Philosophía
If anybody'd put you in Thor's place, you'd just blabber on how you can take scores of planets or lift infinite weight until I come in and one-shot you.

Kris at least knows his limits and would wisely use his powerset.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Why the hell would anyone put Kris in Thor over me (Of course this is bruce, so it doesn't have to make sense.)? Kris is the Thor Girl to my Thor.

'cause my name doesn't begin with an A and with a J.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Philosophía
Going for the ass ?

But then again, that's typical for a Thor fan.

Kris Blaze
And it's more like, I'm Thor and Rage is Masterson.

Endless Mike
What about me? I want to be Swamp Thing

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

Nah. It's closer to me being Thor and you being Thunderstrike.

Endless Mike
Hey guys, I'm Swamp Thing! Pay attention to me! Happy Dance

Kris Blaze
I rely on my hammer for flight though, that seems like a damn hassle. This fight would probably not take place in the air.

Nah. It's closer to me being Thor and you being Thunderstrike.
Don't copy my stuff.

That's very Thunderstrike of you.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Hey guys, I'm Swamp Thing! Pay attention to me! Happy Dance
laughing

Rage.Of.Olympus
I rely on my hammer for flight though, that seems like a damn hassle. This fight would probably not take place in the air.

Don't copy my stuff.

That's very Thunderstrike of you.

Fortunately I know, I can fly without my hammer if I don't need to.

Eh?

Kris is the Thor Girl to my Thor.

So intent on copying me and coming in second place. It's as if you Thor Girl and Eric stuck put together.

Kris Blaze
So intent on copying me and coming in second place. It's as if you Thor Girl and Eric stuck put together.

Naw son, I invented it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Naw son, I invented it.

Heh. You'll always be second place to me.

Blair Wind
no prep? minds STRAIGHT into the character?? that would mean all skill levels are equal to what each of the kmc'ers bring to the fight. NONE of them are gonna be anywhere NEAR able to use the characters to the fullest. it would depend entirely upon who could come to terms with their abilities the fastest, i suppose, and i can't see anyone with the complex powersets dealing very well--or very quickly--with the sudden influx of abilities. certainly none will be fighting at uber speeds--imagine being dropped into a body that can move at lightspeed?? this is the kmc'ers mind, not the hero's! no chance a normal mind could deal with that. sorry bw--i can only imagine someone dropped into the flash would run smack into something and ko himself, or stun himself leaving himself wide open. i love val, but he's a non-factor cuz no way he's making the ring function. goob would likely have hell just staying on the board, let alone trying to filter and digest ss's cosmic senses! and even if ss's body could handle being repeatedly pummeled by mountain or planet-crushing blows, goob's mind certainly couldn't.

it would be vastly different were the characters familiar with the bodies and came in possessing all the knowledge of HOW to make the body function. but dropping your mind into a superhuman body and saying you could simply go about like nothing has happened and use all the powers as the hero himself could is . . . kinda silly, imo. occam's razor ftw, methinks.

I'd assume that our personalities would be imprinted in them, giving us the full range of abilities the character gives us.

However, let us assume what you said is true, and we were all just given the influx of powers. I agree with your assesment that the bricks would do best, unless, and this is conditional on the Speed Force and not my mind, I'd be protected from my own power. The Speed Force is what protects the Flash's body from burning from friction and is what gives his mind super charged abilities. I guess the same could be said for the power cosmic save that the Speed Force is its own thing entirely, powering up the Flash whereas the Power Cosmic is inherently inside any of the heralds that Galactus makes.

With that scenario, or the first where we all get the ability to effectively fight in our forms, I'm still the wild card, being the first out of the gate to understand the situation and run different strategies in my mind (Flash can run millions of calculations at once). And given that he has stolen speed from an entire planet before I don't see why a few guys who seem like statues to me would be any problem.

I'd rather not say who I think would win, as Im biased towards myself, but take into account the posters. Most are tournament vets, they have a certain "signature" to their strategies. You can guesstimate who would utilize their powers to the fullest, if we were given the ability to use them properly.

leonidas
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I'd assume that our personalities would be imprinted in them, giving us the full range of abilities the character gives us.

However, let us assume what you said is true, and we were all just given the influx of powers. I agree with your assesment that the bricks would do best, unless, and this is conditional on the Speed Force and not my mind, I'd be protected from my own power. The Speed Force is what protects the Flash's body from burning from friction and is what gives his mind super charged abilities. I guess the same could be said for the power cosmic save that the Speed Force is its own thing entirely, powering up the Flash whereas the Power Cosmic is inherently inside any of the heralds that Galactus makes.

With that scenario, or the first where we all get the ability to effectively fight in our forms, I'm still the wild card, being the first out of the gate to understand the situation and run different strategies in my mind (Flash can run millions of calculations at once). And given that he has stolen speed from an entire planet before I don't see why a few guys who seem like statues to me would be any problem.

I'd rather not say who I think would win, as I biased towards myself, but take into account the posters. Most are tournament vets, they have a certain "signature" to their strategies. You can guesstimate who would utilize their powers to the fullest, if we were given the ability to use them properly.

you think you would be able to cope with suddenly having your thoughts accelerated several BILLION times? i don't know you in person, but . . . i'd say NO HUMAN MIND could do that. it would take a long time to cope. more than likely you'd be thinking at regular speeds at the outset of the match because you'd HAVE to, or be utterly lost in your accelerated thinking. or be driven nuts by the influx of sensory data. flash and ss would be so alien, i don't see how any normal human mind could deal with their abilities without having a lot of time to do so.

again, this is assuming your minds are dropped directly into the bodies, without any prior knowledge or prep. knowing a character doesn't mean you could BE that character. erm

Blair Wind
you think you would be able to cope with suddenly having your thoughts accelerated several BILLION times? i don't know you in person, but . . . i'd say NO HUMAN MIND could do that. it would take a long time to cope. more than likely you'd be thinking at regular speeds at the outset of the match because you'd HAVE to, or be utterly lost in your accelerated thinking. or be driven nuts by the influx of sensory data. flash and ss would be so alien, i don't see how any normal human mind could deal with their abilities without having a lot of time to do so.

again, this is assuming your minds are dropped directly into the bodies, without any prior knowledge or prep. knowing a character doesn't mean you could BE that character. erm

Im not saying "I" by myself could cope. Simply that the Speed Force would protect me from the negative effects of it. If it doesnt, then of course I'd be writhing on the floor thinking about a million things while feeling like every second is a day.

leonidas
Im not saying "I" by myself could cope. Simply that the Speed Force would protect me from the negative effects of it. If it doesnt, then of course I'd be writhing on the floor thinking about a million things while feeling like every second is a day.

laughing out loud

that's kinda what i was thinking. i'd think the SF would NOT protect you. flash had to LEARN how to use it properly. i could be wrong in that, but that's just my gut feeling.

Blair Wind
laughing out loud

that's kinda what i was thinking. i'd think the SF would NOT protect you. flash had to LEARN how to use it properly. i could be wrong in that, but that's just my gut feeling.

For sake of arguement, if we were given the ability to use our characters properly and effectively would that change your opinion on the battle and if so, how?

dmills
With Blair in the mix, I'm looking at guy's like Blaze, Val and goober who would have the ability to manipulate physics i.e. gravity manipulation, time/space manipulation etc. And even with that there's still the issue of reaction time.

leonidas
For sake of arguement, if we were given the ability to use our characters properly and effectively would that change your opinion on the battle and if so, how?

yeah, that would change things, of course. but then it would be like a normal forum battle though and it would likely come down to flash and ss if we assume full potential and normal forum rules. i'd guess you, as flash, could steal the speed of the others. unless we use the old 'motion in marvel is not governed by the SF so you can't steal it', argument. if you couldn't steal ss's speed, he'd win, like he would any forum battle.

Kris Blaze
Heh. You'll always be second place to me.
Joined before you.

I invented defending Thor. Hence why they chose me for this thread and not you smile

They chose the reasonable fans. Phil not Avlon, Bada not Devilhulk, etc.

leonidas
reasonable would have been me for thor. big grin

Philosophía
Alternatively, I'd just do this..

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/th_SupermanVoice.jpg

.. and tell Kris "Let's ally, kick their asses, and then play football with Badabing".

Rage.Of.Olympus
Joined before you.

I invented defending Thor. Hence why they chose me for this thread and not you smile

They chose the reasonable fans. Phil not Avlon, Bada not Devilhulk, etc.

reasonable would have been me for thor. big grin

Kris Blaze
Hells yeah, team-work! I'll just pump up Phil with the energy of some suns and make him suuupa strong.

You guys are ****ed no expression

Badabing

Superman (Philosophia)

Thor (Kris Blaze)

Hulk (Badabing)

Wonder Woman (Zeuodin)

Flash (Blair Wind)

Kyle Rayner (Val) Originally posted by Starscream M
any thoughts? Bada SMASH! durhulk

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Badabing
Bada SMASH! durhulk

Please. You're the only non-factor here.

Starscream M
Clarification: Everyone gets instant experience on par with their characters with their new powers. You just have to decide how to use them, based on your knowledge.

psycho gundam
guy 222 wins...unless philo gets to put his head in a microwave on high for 3 minutes.

can you guys make this a real tournament please? one on one fights.

leonidas
Clarification: Everyone gets instant experience on par with their characters with their new powers. You just have to decide how to use them, based on your knowledge.

wel, that's entirely different. each knows the character well enough, and knows the powers well enough, to make this pretty much a regular forum match then . . .

ss should win, barring speed steal.

psycho gundam
lol speed steal

Blair Wind
wel, that's entirely different. each knows the character well enough, and knows the powers well enough, to make this pretty much a regular forum match then . . .

ss should win, barring speed steal.

I giveth speed and also taketh it away. smile

Wonder if I could power a GL ring.....

Badabing
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Please. You're the only non-factor here. Oh really? sneer

How about I close this thread and warn you? Maybe that will prove I'm not a "non-factor". uhuh

stick out tongue

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Badabing
Oh really? sneer

How about I close this thread and warn you? Maybe that will prove I'm not a "non-factor". uhuh

stick out tongue

Both would only serve to amuse me.

You have no power here.

psycho gundam
drop the banhammer on his inflated domepiece badabing, don't let teh Australian son you. 31

darthgoober
Is this a "Battle Royal" or a series of 1 on 1 fights?

Starscream M
Originally posted by darthgoober
Is this a "Battle Royal" or a series of 1 on 1 fights? 1 on 1

battleroyal would involve way too many factors

D_Dude1210
I think Goober would just go into an extradimensional realm (away from the fight) for a short duration while the group smashes each other's faces in. After they're all injured and weakened, he comes back in and finishes the job. :-)

The Silver Goober ftw!

psycho gundam
edit

psycho gundam
we'll find out in the real tournament right? big grin

illadelph12

Superman (Philosophia)

Thor (Kris Blaze)

Hulk (Badabing)

Wonder Woman (Zeuodin)

Flash (Blair Wind)

Kyle Rayner (Val)

With full use of powerset and their personalities, In a tourney, I think it would fall like this:

1. Goober: One of the better tactiticians on KMC. Already knows Surfer like the back of his hand and is very creative.

2. B-Dub: B-Dub is another high end tactician, and also probably the greatest oppurtunist in KMC Tourney history. The only reason I don't have him at number one is because Goober with Surfer's offense is more formidable than a really fast B-Dub, and there's no prep. Speed gives him the edge on just about everyone. He'd always hit first, just nor always best.

3a. Val: Wry comments and flippant attitude aside, Val is a smart cat, and he'd be cut throat with a GL ring when it comes to combat. If B-Dub and Goober didn't have the ability sets they have in this thread he could be number one.

3b. Kris: Kris is to Thor as Goober is to Surfer, but I haven't seen Kris in a combat scenario/tourney like I have B-Dub and Goob, so I can't speak much on his tactics, but I know he knows his stuff. Given what Thor brings to the table, however, he'd be a hard W for anyone, including 1 & 2.

4. Phil: Sun-dipping and beating the hell out of everyone below him on the list. Phil would just go full bore on everyone. Not many can stand up to a Supes onslaught.

5. Z: Not familiar with him/her, but Wonder Woman brings a lot to the table, and I know Bada's personality, which is why he brings up the rear with a one dimensional character.

6. Bada: Hulk's powers are based on rage, and Bada is to happy-go-lucky to conjure up the prolonged rage necessary. Just show him a funny Youtube video and his strength would drop by a factor of 500. He'd be a major threat after a Steelers loss though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.