Alessa Gillespie VS Alma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AsbestosFlaygon
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/4432/187547-240px_alessa_large.jpg
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/silent/images/thumb/1/19/Alessa_and_Travis.PNG/180px-Alessa_and_Travis.PNG

Alessa Gillespie from Silent Hill

VS

http://www.gamingmoments.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/alma-fear.jpg

Alma from F.E.A.R.

Nemesis X
Lets see here, Alessa can control Silent Hill and Alma has insane TK abilities. I'm really not sure who would win this. I'm kinda forgetting, is Alessa in physical form or spirit form? If physical then she gets owned because Alma can blow a person up with a single thought.

AsbestosFlaygon
Alessa is in Spirit form.

I think Alessa edges out Alma..
She could just bring Alma to the Fog World or the Otherworld, and probably mess up her psyche or something..
Then again, Alma has her TK which could probably protect her from the monsters

AsbestosFlaygon
A little backgrounder for Alessa Gillespie:

Alessa was the daughter of Dahlia Gillespie, the head priestess of a cult known as The Order which operates in Silent Hill.

Alessa was born with incredible psychic powers, including spiritual intuition and premonition. This also included killing people just by wishing for it. Her powers eventually lead her to being ostracized at Midwich Elementary School and was branded a witch. At her elementary school, her friends abandoned her and scribbled on her desk with statements such as "Go home." "Drop dead". "Thief."

Alessa's teacher, K. Gordon, noticed her bullying.
"There's a girl named Alessa in my class. If your memory is any good, you may remember her she's the one I said they called a witch. Most likely her mother is abusing her. I've never seen her come in without some sort of scrape or bruise. Her expression is pitifully dark for a 6 year old. "

Alessa dreamed of a paradise, another world, and believed that their world must be cleansed with fire before creating another one. She shared these thoughts with Claudia, her friend, with good intentions of eternal happiness and bliss.
Her anger and misery birthed the Otherworld, a parallel world as envisioned by The Order.

As a young girl, Alessa grew up with the teachings of the Order. Dahlia brought Alessa to the Order's chapel frequently and Alessa often looked up at the stained glass which depicted God and the man and woman who birthed Her.

At seven years old, Dahlia became convinced that a certain ritual to summon the cult's God would likely be a success if she used her daughter as its birth mother.
Alessa was offered as a sacrifice by Dahlia to the God on the second floor of their house by immolating her body.

Alma Wade:

She is a powerful psychic who seeks revenge against Armacham Technology Corporation because of what they did to her as part of Project Origin.

Alma was a severely troubled child, gifted with tremendous psychic powers, who suffered nightmares and apparently was attuned to the negative emotions of the people around her. At the age of only three, Armacham Technology Corporation inducted Alma into Project Paragon, where they tested her for every known psychic ability. Alma passed all tests, and, should she appear not to have any psychic ability, Harlan Wade would work tirelessly with her until she was able to focus her powers and complete the objective. When Alma was five, she began to fail all her tests, and it was discovered that she was purposefully failing them. Sometime later, she started a fire in one of the labs. Armacham scientists began to have vivid nightmares, sudden mood changes, and delusions. It was concluded that Alma was psychically attacking them. Soon after, Armacham made plans to keep Alma alive, but to also stop her from being able to harm their employees. In her seventh year, she was recruited into Armacham Technology Corporation's Project Origin with the aim of creating psychics from a psychic for-bearer and to keep Alma from using her psychic powers against Armacham's scientists. Two days before her eighth birthday, she was put into an induced coma and locked in The Vault, a spherical structure located deep inside the secret Origin Facility, blocking her psychic abilities. During the project, Alma was impregnated twice with clone embryos. She gave birth to the First Prototype, when she was only 15 years old, and then a second, Paxton Fettel, when she was 16. Alma caused a "synchronicity event", in which she merged her mind with Paxton, when he was 10, prompting ATC to shut down Project Origin completely and to "pull the plug" on Alma. Life support was removed from The Vault and according to Harlan Wade, she died six days later. Alma was 26 at the time of her death.

Alma is seen repeatedly in F.E.A.R., often only out of the corner of the Point Man's eye, standing in the shadows or darting quickly out of sight. Her appearances are usually preceded by a static radio transmission, logged as "Unknown Origin". As her appearances are almost always accompanied by scenes of extreme violence, this rapidly becomes extremely unnerving. Sometimes all that is heard is her soft, giggling laugh, or indistinct words whispered as though in the Point Man's ear. In the final part of the game, after she is released from The Vault by Harlan Wade her appearance changes to that of a naked, emaciated young woman.

SpadeKing
Alma would just toy with her & then send pyramid head at Alessa no expression

Nemesis X
Does Alma control a dimension also? Each time she appeared, the area was covered in an orange color and dark tendrils appeared. Was that in another dimension or was Alma just mind raping people?

SpadeKing
I only played random parts of FEAR 2 & barerly understood what was happening... like how she got herself looking 9 months pregnant in a few minutes & got the guy aroused while he was knocked out.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by SpadeKing
I only played random parts of FEAR 2 & barerly understood what was happening... like how she got herself looking 9 months pregnant in a few minutes & got the guy aroused while he was knocked out.

She looks pregnant because the protagonist in FEAR 2 knocked her up and he wasn't aroused, he was raped.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Nemesis X
She looks pregnant because the protagonist in FEAR 2 knocked her up and he wasn't aroused, he was raped.
Haha, that's the ending part of FEAR 2.
Never got to play it, though I did play FEAR 1.

Afaik, Alma does not control any dimension.
Her powers are more of psychic nature, more than physical.
Though Alessa is psychic as well, but has been shown to control reality (ie. Otherworld, Fog World)

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Nemesis X

he obviously isn't going to make it happen without getting aroused

this is a wierd conversation no expression

Nemesis X
Originally posted by SpadeKing
he obviously isn't going to make it happen without getting aroused

this is a wierd conversation no expression

Dude I can say things on how he can't be aroused while being raped by a dead girl but then I'll make the conversation even weirder so I'm not gonna get into the details which is why I'm gonna ask this: so you think he likes getting raped by girls who look like Ju-on? Are you serious? He didn't look like he was enjoying himself. If he was, why push her away then?

Yes this indeed is a weird conversation but who's the one that brought up the question on Alma looking pregnant?

SpadeKing
He doesn't have to like it, he was hallucinating & she probably somehow got him like that which takes skills.

It wasn't a question just a statement.

StyleTime
The other thread reminded me of this one, and I never commented on it. Everything I say here assumes CIS is on.

Both have psychokinetic abilities, but tend towards different ends of the spectrum. Alma has superior displays of lethality with her powers, but Alessa uses more indirect methods against "enemies." That said, Alessa also appears to be an outright reality warper and I think she has slightly superior telepathy. I haven't played all of F.E.A.R. 2 yet, so I can't completely confirm that though.

We also have the in game statements that Alessa can "wish" for people to die, and it will happen. Unfortunately, it's not known if she just used her powers to kill and the townspeople just referred to it as "wishing."

The fight will probably begin with Alessa plunging the current plane into the Otherworld, and Alessa can capitalize on insecurities and personal demons. Alma's powers are great enough to deal with the threats we've seen so far, but her mental problems might lead to her defeat in the Otherworld.

On the other hand, Alma may be able to get through fine and locate Alessa. Assuming Alessa is in a form that is actually fallible, Alma seems stronger telekinetically. Combined with the fact Alessa hates fighting and is suicidal, she may lose.

Another possible scenario is a stalemate. Alessa will probably be unwilling to engage Alma, and I'm not even sure if Alma can actually be confined to the Otherworld. Meanwhile, Alessa only seems killable in specific circumstances.

If I was forced to pick, I'd say Alessa has the upper hand; however, Alessa's timid disposition and both girls' ethereal nature make an outcome difficult to predict. It is fun to think about though.

Good thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.