Taking on the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
You are to build a seven man/woman team to take on and destroy the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/lxgmovie.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_League_of_Extraordinary_Gentlemen_(film)

Who do you choose, and why? For example, say who you would choose to take on Nina Harker and why, who you would choose to take on Hyde and why, etc etc etc; One condition: Whoever you choose, they MUST be on the same level as their opponent, or close to, like no choosing Hancock to take out Swayer.

Two scenarios...

Scenario one: All league members are included, and the fight takes place at the castle at the end of the LXG movie.

Scenario two: Same as scenario one, but the league has access to the Nautilus. In this scenario, you can choose a vehicle that can take on the Nautilus, in addition to your seven team members.

Darth Martin
Don't mean to be an ass but I think you should have chosen a more colorful and better team. Like the Ultimate Avengers per say. Or the Autobots or Decepticons.

Rogue Jedi
Explain?

Darth Martin
Most of the members of the LXG roster are low levels. I could easily say the following.......

Nite Owl>Nemo
Thing>Hyde
Rorschach>Skinner
Swagger>Quartermain
Jean Grey>Harker
Bourne>Sawyer
Morpheus>Grey

A better team like those listed in my above post would require more thought.

Rogue Jedi
Well, make that thread then. This one is fine, who would you choose?

Low levels? Dude, Nina is a vampire, Grey is immortal, Hyde is Hyde, Skinner is invisible, come on. Not to mention Nemo.

Darth Martin
I said "most". And I already chose.

Rogue Jedi
Grey, Bourne and Morpheus, IMO, are unfair choices, they are on a different level.

Rogue Jedi
Harker: Lestat
Skinner: Sue Storm
Sawyer: McClane
Quartermain: Indiana Jones
Grey: Eric Draven
Hyde: The Thing
Nemo: Huo Yuanjia

Blinky
Wolverine solos.

Rogue Jedi
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Placidity
Karate Dude from Fearless vs Nemo

Cuz the both swordsmen. I'd bet on Karate dude.

Mr Incredible vs Hyde

Just cause.

Daredevil vs Skinner

Invisibility won't help him here.

James Bond vs Quartermain

Because Connery vs Connery.

Selene vs Harker

***** vs *****.

Swagger vs Sawyer

Both their names start with S.

Dr Manhattan vs Grey

Yea.

Also Susan Storm could Solo.

Blinky
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
roll eyes (sarcastic)

...It's a joke in the comic versus forum...

Rogue Jedi
And now it's a joke here.

Blinky
And now it's a joke here.

http://www.crimesceneforum.com/images/pogo.jpg

Rogue Jedi
Dude.....

Darth Martin
Skinner: Sue Storm
Quartermain: Indiana Jones Since you were a critic to my post.....

Storm is way out of Skinner's alley. Quartermain>Indiana IMO.

Alpha Centauri
Skinner is just a invisible man.

Sue Storm-Richards has powers.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Who's a logical choice for him then?

Darth Martin
I stated Rorschach above. He's too smart to be fooled by the invisibility. He's a better fighter and very resourceful. He'd locate Skinner with any sort of spray, fire estinguisher, pepper, hose, fire, etc.

Blinky
Hollow man?

Bardock42
What's the objective of this thread? To find a team that would be exactly equally matched to them?

Blinky
Originally posted by Bardock42
What's the objective of this thread? To find a team that would be exactly equally matched to them?
To make sure that all members of the League stay anal-virgins.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Blinky
To make sure that all members of the League stay anal-virgins.

I see what you did there.

Rogue Jedi
What's the objective of this thread? To find a team that would be exactly equally matched to them? No, to find a team that can destroy them. To pick a character to take them on individually, to explain why you choose that character. To make sure the character you choose is close to their level.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Blinky
Hollow man? GOOD choice for Skinner.

Darth Martin
It seems most of you are just picking matches for the LXG. He said something along the lines of them being not too powerful, not having to have the same powerset. I wouldn't want a douche like Hollow Man going after Skinner. Skinner would have the advantage there.

Rogue Jedi
Then who would you choose? Daredevil, maybe? haermm

Darth Martin
I've posted Rorschach twice above.

Daredevil would be fine though.

Rogue Jedi
Rorschach would be killed, he can't see Skinner. DD is actually a good choice.

Darth Martin
Nah, Rorschach would walk all over Skinner.

Originally posted by Darth Martin
I stated Rorschach above. He's too smart to be fooled by the invisibility. He's a better fighter and very resourceful. He'd locate Skinner with any sort of spray, fire estinguisher, pepper, hose, fire, etc.

Rogue Jedi
You think Skinner is gonna give him the chance to use a gadget to locate him? DD is the obvious choice for Skinner, not Rorschach.

Darth Martin
Yeah, he's tailor made to fight him, sure. But Rorschach would make a better fight. And yes, I do think Skinner would **** up. He's not that bright of a fighter. Rorschach is a tactical genius. Only Bourne compares when it comes to resourcefulness in a fight. Quartermain was ****ing Skinner up. Skinner has what to stop him? Gun? H2H skills?

Rorschach pwns.....

Rogue Jedi
Rorschach pwns Skinner IF he can see him. How does Rorschach beat Skinner if he cannot SEE him? And please, no more talk of fire hose and spray cans and shit, my sides are hurting from laughing.

Skinner can simply sneak around behind Rorschach and slit his throat. Rorschach will never see him coming.

Darth Martin
Rorschach's gonna let Skinner of all incompetents sneak up on him. What's wrong with the spray scenario. It's totally fitting to his character. Besides, what's Skinner's attack gonna be when he does sneak up on him? Rorschach takes kicks from Veidt that have sent him flying 20+ feet away.

Rorschach pwns......

Darth Martin
Yeah, he's tailor made to fight him, sure. But Rorschach would make a better figh

Rogue Jedi
I am asking you how. Rorschach will have to know where Skinner is to use the spray attack. Skinner is not stupid, he won't give away his position, he was never shown doing so in LXG. He scoped out the entire castle without being detected.

Skinner strolls over, kicks Rorschach in the nuts, then beats him to death with a blunt object.

Why are we even discussing this?

Darth Martin
No one in that castle was looking for him. Rorschach will KNOW he's in a fight so he'll be looking for him. Rorschach can hear and smell as well.

Rogue Jedi
Yes, but HOW will Rorschach know when and where to engage him? It's one thing if Rorschach knows Skinner is in a certain room, but how is he to know? It's literally impossible.

I'm sorry, but Rorschach has regular human senses, he aint Wolverine.

Darth Martin
Understood. But they'll be in a room fighting won't they? Or is he hunting him in a jungle. Footsteps can be heard. Fighting intensely produces sweat and hard breathing. Walter will capitalize on this.

This is all assuming Skinner has no clothes on. If he's wearing anything to begin with he's ****ed.

Rogue Jedi
Your team will have to track them, hunt them down, and kill them.

Rogue Jedi
OR apprehend them, dead or alive, just destroy the League.

One Free Man
Quartermain Vs Quigly
Nemo Vs Mulai from wind and the lion (putting sean connery against his own team for a catch, eh?
Skinner Vs Bilbo Baggins with the ring and sting
Mina vs. dracula
Dorian vs. The Doctor (dorian's invincible, the doctor's the only one knowledgeable enough to know what to do to kill him)
Hyde vs Hulk
Sawyer vs John Mclane.

One Free Man
for the record there is no destroying the league.

Rogue Jedi
But it's current members can be killed/apprehended.

Quincy
So we have to pick people who could beat this team, but we aren't allowed to pick people unless the fights are really close?

Rogue Jedi
Yes, like you cannot pick Neo to take on Nemo, or Spider Man to take on Quartermain.

Darth Martin
Then Daredevil would be a better choice. But in a one on one fight with the opponents in the same room knowing there up against each other, Rorschach wins.

Rogue Jedi
Well yeah, but the thing is there is no way for Rorschach to know how to find Skinner, he'll never be in the same room with him. IMO Skinner and Grey would be the hardest to deal with here.

Darth Martin
Harker is the most difficult here.

One Free Man
I just want 2 people. chuck norrris and mr. T. bet I win.

Bardock42
No, to find a team that can destroy them. To pick a character to take them on individually, to explain why you choose that character. To make sure the character you choose is close to their level.
So basically to find the slightly above equivalent of each character?

Bardock42
You think Skinner is gonna give him the chance to use a gadget to locate him? DD is the obvious choice for Skinner, not Rorschach.

Again, I don't understand. You find Morpheus and Bourne too hard, but Daredevil who'd obviously obliterate Skinner in seconds is a fair match.

This is a very odd thread.

Robtard
Again, I don't understand. You find Morpheus and Bourne too hard, but Daredevil who'd obviously obliterate Skinner in seconds is a fair match.

This is a very odd thread.

He's unaware of how DD's powers work.

Rogue Jedi
Dont be a ****ing *******, Rob, I am 100% aware of how DD's powers work.

Rogue Jedi

This is a very odd thread. Name someone then?

Robtard
Dont be a ****ing *******, Rob, I am 100% aware of how DD's powers work.

Fair enough. Then you know that Skinner's powers of invisibility would be rendered completely useless to a blind guy who uses sound to see.

Not sure how this would be a fair match?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Fair enough. Then you know that Skinner's powers of invisibility would be rendered completely useless to a blind guy who uses sound to see.

Not sure how this would be a fair match?

Skinner makes sounds, dude, when he walks, breathes, everything. How does being invisible make him suddenly silent?

Robtard
Skinner makes sounds, dude, when he walks, breathes, everything. How does being invisible make him suddenly silent?

Yeah, that's exactly what I am saying; said above.

DD's powers would render Skinner's powers completely useless, ergo, it's a super-powered guy vs just a guy. Not sure how that's fair.

Rogue Jedi
Ok, so were even then.

If not DD, then who? It's gotta be someone with fighting prowess, or with telepathic abilities, or some sort of ability like DD's. A normal Joe aint gonna cut it.

Robtard
Ok, so were even then.

If not DD, then who? It's gotta be someone with fighting prowess, or with telepathic abilities, or some sort of ability like DD's. A normal Joe aint gonna cut it.

Weren't you initially saying that DD would be a good match?

McClane with a bottle of baby-powder.

Bardock42
I'm sorry, I forgot must of that rather bad adaptation, but in the comic Skinner has to be completely naked in order to be invisible. Considering this, wouldn't most strong characters have at least a pretty good chance against him, since it is unlikely that he would kill them with his first hit and it is also rather unlikely that they wouldn't be weirded out by a floating knife or the sort?

Robtard
He had to be nude too in the film. There's even a "floating knife" scene in the film, it you haven't seen it or just forgotten.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Weren't you initially saying that DD would be a good match?

McClane with a bottle of baby-powder. overkill.

Riot-Gear
Further detail to come, but for now I'll say.

Frankenstein's Monster(Van Helsing)
Connor McLeod(Highlander)
Kwai Chang Caine(Kung Fu)
Frank James(American Outlaws)
Angel(Buffy/Angel)
Tinkerbell(Hook)
Jim West(Wild Wild West-movie)

Bouboumaster
Quatermain = James Bond (Sean Connery's version, because Roger Moore's would make it unfair with his gadget)

Captain Nemo = Jack Sparrow

Mina Harker = Mother****in' Seth Gecko, from From Dusk 'Till Dawn

Rodney Skinner = DareDevil

Dorian Grey = Terminator (T800 or T850)

Tom Sawyer = Jason Bourne

Mr Hyde = The Incredible Hulk, the new one

Rogue Jedi
Nemo would pwn Sparrow.

Terminator is a bit overkill for Grey, I like Draven here.

Gecko for Nina? haermm

Hulk is uber, dude.

Bouboumaster
Nemo would pwn Sparrow.

Terminator is a bit overkill for Grey, I like Draven here.

Gecko for Nina? haermm

Hulk is uber, dude.

Nemo will indeed trash him, but I hate Depp, so it's cool

Terminator ain't overkill, since Grey can't die

Gecko is like the most badass thing since John McClain to ever been on a silver screen. He will gets his ass kick, but Hulk will kick Nina's sweet ass after he trashed Hyde

Hulk is more powerful that Hyde, indeed, but less that 4 Fantastic's Thing. It would have been a real Overkill if I used Ang Lee's Hulk

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Nemo will indeed trash him, but I hate Depp, so it's cool

Terminator ain't overkill, since Grey can't die

Gecko is like the most badass thing since John McClain to ever been on a silver screen. He will gets his ass kick, but Hulk will kick Nina's sweet ass after he trashed Hyde

Hulk is more powerful that Hyde, indeed, but less that 4 Fantastic's Thing. It would have been a real Overkill if I used Ang Lee's Hulk There has to be more than the Hulk or Thing for Hyde.

Rogue Jedi
Quatermain: El Mariachi

Captain Nemo: Zorro!!!

The Vampiress Harker: Edward Cullen

Rodney Skinner: Dude from "Blind Fury", the blind dude with the sword.

Dorian Grey: Still going with Draven here

Tom Sawyer: SEU Smith

Mr Hyde: Hellboy?

Blinky

Rodney Skinner: Dude from "Blind Fury", the blind dude with the sword.

Hahaha! Blind Fury, haven't seen that in ages.

Rogue Jedi
He'd be perfect to take on Skinner.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.