How Hard...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChakraStrings
is it to learn acoustic guitar? I've tried to pick up bass long long ago, so I have a very crude understanding of how a guitar works.

Lately, I've been getting all these great idea's of songs in my head (and I have a basic mastery of reading/writing music) but I can't exactly put it into song without the proper tools. So I've decided to teach myself to play acoustic guitar,

so, those of you guitar junkies/veterans any tips/pointers? Also, if anyone has any suggestions as to the brand of acoustic to pick up that'd be more than welcome.

Please bear in mind that I don't work because I'm just like that and I don't have all that much money (part of the reason why I'm teaching myself after all) but I don't care about that stuff, I just want to make music.

Suggestions, points, advice, anything?

Quincy
Not sure if it's really the same thing, but when I was teaching myself to play the keyboard/piano, I pretty much just went to youtube and watched the lessons people put on there. It helped me learn quite a few songs, as well as the keys and everything.

And there are probably alot more guitar lessons on youtube then there are piano lessons, so it's definitely something to look into.

ChakraStrings
Yeah I was figuring on probably starting on someplace like youtube, get a basic feel for the instrument and what not. Thaaank ye.

AsbestosFlaygon
Not that hard.
All you need is patience and practice.

First, memorize all the notes. Then try to look up tabs for some songs.
You'll be able to learn in no time.

And once you learn how to play the guitar, learning how to play the piano would be easy as pie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.