Magneto vs Human-Torch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
who wins, blood lust on.

gogogadgetgo
Magneto

Starscream M
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
Magneto

thanos-prime
Magneto

Bentley
Spite

chomperx9
magneto easy

ExodusCloak
Current Magneto would lose he's too old.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
What, so the Human Torch should count on Magneto having a heart attack to win?

The Nuul

WTF? He has wayyyy more experience than Johnny will ever have, in fact this is a ass kicking.

Kris Blaze
In fact, Magneto seems super weak in Uncanny X-men 517

Sin I AM
lol mags aint weak he's just plotting Scotts downfall by appearing cowardly...Erik ftw against both torches

The Nuul
Originally posted by Sin I AM
lol mags aint weak he's just plotting Scotts downfall by appearing cowardly...Erik ftw against both torches

That seems like something Sinister would do and not Magneto.

Dont like that writing.

shiv
Growing old hasn't made John Rhodes any less effective in combat situations And he doesn't have mutant powers to enhance his cellular matrix.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Omega Vision
What, so the Human Torch should count on Magneto having a heart attack to win?

Yes but chances are Mags will pass out before that happens.

Originally posted by The Nuul
WTF? He has wayyyy more experience than Johnny will ever have, in fact this is a ass kicking.

No he'll die a very undignified way. Liver spots and all.

Originally posted by Sin I AM

If he was faking he wouldn't have told the X-Men that his powers have been rejuvenated as if he's in his twenties. And the X-Club would notice that he's faking when analyzing him in the following issue. Chances are this is a side effect from getting his powers back or his body didn't de-age and can't handle the power.

quanchi112
Mags. This is pretty lopsided.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by quanchi112
Mags. This is pretty lopsided.

In the Human Torch's favour you mean.

Now that Old Magneto has returned I feel that it's fitting to post this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5-JVvCrGC8&feature=related

Samurai100
Magneto

ExodusCloak
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2165/26977431.jpg

The Nuul
That is not the Magneto we all know, just crap writing. Do you think this old man would last long? He will be back to kicking ass, when a new writer comes in.

Mags still wins.

StiltmanFTW
I don't think The Age of Fraction will end anytime soon... sad

Yep, Magnus still pwns HT.

The Nuul
So because he is too old, that means Jubliee would kick Grampas ass?

dmills
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I don't think The Age of Fraction will end anytime soon... sad

Yep, Magnus still pwns HT. If X-men fans don't want him, I'll gladly take him (or anyone else for that matter) back writing Immortal Iron Fist. laughing

Survivor19
You know, powered Jubes could probably gain a few wins over classic Magneto. She was pretty damn powerful when going all out.

redhotrash
Magneto should be fighting the entire team, not just Torch. And Jubilee would never beat Magneto. Magneto in his prime may even take a few wins WITHOUT powers. Bleh. Also this all seems contradictory since when it showed the actual process of High Evolutionary giving Magneto his powers back, it said it rejuvenated him and made him like 20 years younger. I remember it clearly because I groaned when I read it.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by The Nuul
That is not the Magneto we all know, just crap writing. Do you think this old man would last long? He will be back to kicking ass, when a new writer comes in.

Mags still wins.

I know it's going to last right through Second Coming.

Blair Wind
Forgive me, but what exactly could Magneto do to Torch? Assuming both where at their highest levels, Torch would burn through any metal that Magneto threw his way and probably make him less powerful simply due to heat. I know thats an understatement of the battle, but I'm just trying to simplify the situation.

I mean, I know this forum loves Magneto and Torch is a team player that doesnt get much stand alone time, but the guy can probably reach the highest temps of any earth based hero as well as fly circles around Magneto.

redhotrash
Magneto could, for example, but a forcefield around the torch. And use of his powers would burn the oxygen inside and suffocate him

tideoftime
I go with Magneto, as well (though Torch could win under certain circumstances) 9/10

Some people forget that Magneto's powers often extend beyond magnetism (though they drop greatly the further removed conceptually the effect is from his primary power).

D_Dude1210
Magneto ftw!

Remember, he's OVER 9000!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2loqUPWAD0&feature=related

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by tideoftime
I go with Magneto, as well (though Torch could win under certain circumstances) 9/10

Some people forget that Magneto's powers often extend beyond magnetism (though they drop greatly the further removed conceptually the effect is from his primary power).
Nobody's forgetting that. The argument was that current Magneto is in the shitter and current version is what it defaults to if you don't specify.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Forgive me, but what exactly could Magneto do to Torch? Assuming both where at their highest levels, Torch would burn through any metal that Magneto threw his way and probably make him less powerful simply due to heat. I know thats an understatement of the battle, but I'm just trying to simplify the situation.

I mean, I know this forum loves Magneto and Torch is a team player that doesnt get much stand alone time, but the guy can probably reach the highest temps of any earth based hero as well as fly circles around Magneto. well, if you want to get technical, magneto could send a big object at human torch that he could casually melt with a direct heat blast ala she-hulk, but unlike her, magneto could send them at all directions simultaneously. HT could use an omnidirectional nova type blast, but it will take a toll on him physically/mentally, and he will have no choice but to use it.

magneto can technically still effect that molten steel since smelting and what not reduces impurities, it's still the element of iron at the end of the day and still under magneto's influence.

and HT can't do anything about actual electro-magnetic blasts from magneto himself...okay he can dodge them but magneto (at his peak) should be able to do the stuff i said in the first paragraph with one hand and blast him with the other, providing he would even need to direct that sort of thing with his hands to begin with.

+ the almighty magneto shield stops everything HT can dump on him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That ****ing scene with Magneto and Predator X is a ****ing joke. Isn't Magneto intended to be at his physical peak?

Seriously, some how High Evolutionary's suit makes him more powerful than ever but didn't Cannoball of all people take him out? His helmet has been retconed to what gave him his telepathic resistance and not his own natural will and telepathic defenses

Fraction is being retarded with this. It's utterly stupid. One of those Predators died in a plain crash and freaking Scalphunter one shotted them.

Magneto should be able to take on all the Predator's with them not having any metal skin and absolutely stomp them.

It was just.....facepalm

Magneto stomps Human Torch 10/10 effortessly. Fraction's Magneto is not the real deal. It's a Skrull.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That ****ing scene with Magneto and Predator X is a ****ing joke. Isn't Magneto intended to be at his physical peak?

Not his body, I think he said something about his powers being back to what they used to a man in his 20's but I don't think it said anything about his body. His power is weird it depending on the writer it damages his own nervous system, maybe he has to much power for his body to handle.

psycho gundam

Seriously, some how High Evolutionary's suit makes him more powerful than ever but didn't Cannoball of all people take him out? His helmet has been retconed to what gave him his telepathic resistance and not his own natural will and telepathic defenses

Fraction is being retarded with this. It's utterly stupid. One of those Predators died in a plain crash and freaking Scalphunter one shotted them.

Magneto should be able to take on all the Predator's with them not having any metal skin and absolutely stomp them.

It was just.....facepalm

Magneto stomps Human Torch 10/10 effortessly. Fraction's Magneto is not the real deal. It's a Skrull. it was retconned back actually. originally magneto never had a helmet for years and all his mental defenses against charles were due to his minor telepathic skill.

magneto back in the day wasn't a telekinetic but he could communicate telepathically to his brotherhood and was able to at least prevent a full mindrape from professor X

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not his body, I think he said something about his powers being back to what they used to a man in his 20's but I don't think it said anything about his body. His power is weird it depending on the writer it damages his own nervous system, maybe he has to much power for his body to handle.

His body is intended to be at his physical peak. I remember coming across a scan and issue where it shows this, and I don't think the situation has been said to change. Fraction is just ignoring it. And even going by the current time line, didn't Magneto say he was completely rejuvenated or some crap when we saw the issue where Magneto had his powers returned (Don't think it was by Fraction.)?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
it was retconned back actually. originally magneto never had a helmet for years and all his mental defenses against charles were due to his minor telepathic skill.

magneto back in the day wasn't a telekinetic but he could communicate telepathically to his brotherhood and was able to at least prevent a full mindrape from professor X

I meant in the last issue of Fraction's X-men it was stated that his helmet apparently gives him his mental protection.

I knew that before this recent incident it was established that it was he, himself that provided such defenses.

Yea, Magneto was stated to be a latent telepath and has shown telepathic abilities. I even recall him using the Astral Plane and other shit.

Seriously, Magneto should be Top Tier, but according to Fraction he wouldn't even break Low Tier.

That's the problem with having such a powerful character on a team. They pissed on Thor making him a brick who just stands around at times and are pissing even worse on Sentry.

redhotrash
His body is intended to be at his physical peak. I remember coming across a scan and issue where it shows this, and I don't think the situation has been said to change. Fraction is just ignoring it. And even going by the current time line, didn't Magneto say he was completely rejuvenated or some crap when we saw the issue where Magneto had his powers returned (Don't think it was by Fraction.)?

He's read. It said the process with the Celestial like de-aged him back to his 20s.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by redhotrash
He's read. It said the process with the Celestial like de-aged him back to his 20s.

Yea, that's the one.

He was already at his peak. Making him even younger, should be even better.

But having a Top Tier like Magneto on an X-men team along with someone with a power house like Namor? Too powerful. Look what his doing to Iceman whose supposed to be more powerful than ever. The only one whose impressed me is Namor. But whatever.

X-men isn't Fraction's best work but when he writes Thor his excellent.

redhotrash
Cant Rogue recall past powers now? If so then i agree, X-Men are getting to be pretty powerful.

Blair Wind

Rage.Of.Olympus

psycho gundam
heat has never been a problem for magneto, his magnetism is as strong as the earth's magnetic field and it has been tanking sol's nuclear power for billions of years.

Blair Wind
Magneto has been rather consistently potrayed as having his own telepathic defenses.

What makes you think that Human Torch's powers would weaken Magneto's control over the magnetic field? Magneto has withstood and manipulated the Phoenix Force and withstood attacks from a pissed off Phoenix unharmed. Shit, Magneto has withstood Nuclear Explosions while weakened and was completely fine with his control as I recall.

A heat stroke work on Magneto? With his durability and shields working? Seriously, seriously doubt it. Nothing get's through his shields unless he allows it even if it's something like Photons.

How would a Nova end the fight? When has a Nova blast penetrated Magneto's shields? I've seen them tank attacks from Galactus, Thor, and other things.

I know, Im just saying there have been scans that show otherwise. Consistently, he has been shown to be latent telepathic, just saying there are older scans that Fraction could have gotten that from.

And the rest is not my point. I know that Magneto is powerful. I know that on an average his power output is more than the Human Torch's. My only question is how could Magneto, scientifically (at least as scientifically as comics get) be able to win against his own kryptonite: extreme levels of heat.

My vote, in a comic, will almost always go to Magneto. That is just the way they stand in comics. But its an issue of having a tactical advantage over Magneto that I'm stating and is a scientific fact: heat, especially extreme heats, substantially weaken magnets and magnetic fields. And HT can bring on some extremely high temps:
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6663/13antigravityblastpr7.jpg
http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/1834/18altersflameandbodyandqq6.jpg

As for your questions about a Nova Blast being compared to a blast from Galactus and Thor, neither where heat. They were, IIRC, just energy. And yes, the sheer energy output from them is exponentially more powerful than a Nova Blast, but again, it probably did not have high temps. And as for the PF, how much of the phoenix is heat and how much is pure psionic energy?

I'm not trying to disagree, or say that Magneto will not win. I'm just playing devils advocate because I think HT is being underrated, especially given the scientific fact that heat does weaken magnets and magnetic fields

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, or show me scans stating otherwise.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I know, Im just saying there have been scans that show otherwise. Consistently, he has been shown to be latent telepathic, just saying there are older scans that Fraction could have gotten that from.

And the rest is not my point. I know that Magneto is powerful. I know that on an average his power output is more than the Human Torch's. My only question is how could Magneto, scientifically (at least as scientifically as comics get) be able to win against his own kryptonite: extreme levels of heat.

My vote, in a comic, will almost always go to Magneto. That is just the way they stand in comics. But its an issue of having a tactical advantage over Magneto that I'm stating and is a scientific fact: heat, especially extreme heats, substantially weaken magnets and magnetic fields. And HT can bring on some extremely high temps:
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6663/13antigravityblastpr7.jpg
http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/1834/18altersflameandbodyandqq6.jpg

As for your questions about a Nova Blast being compared to a blast from Galactus and Thor, neither where heat. They were, IIRC, just energy. And yes, the sheer energy output from them is exponentially more powerful than a Nova Blast, but again, it probably did not have high temps. And as for the PF, how much of the phoenix is heat and how much is pure psionic energy?

I'm not trying to disagree, or say that Magneto will not win. I'm just playing devils advocate because I think HT is being underrated, especially given the scientific fact that heat does weaken magnets and magnetic fields

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, or show me scans stating otherwise.

Fair enough.

When has heat been shown as his Kryptonite though? I have never seen an instance where an object being hot or extreme hurt him. You can't just assume because in real world logic heat can affect magnets it will effect Magneto seeing as how he has withstood attacks from Phoenix and her flame, withstood Nuclear Weapons while weakened all unharmed etc.

Never said he couldn't bring his heat up to impressive levels.

The fact that heat has never bothered Magneto should mean the burden of proof is up to you.

When he fought Phoenix and pushed her to her limits to the point he defeated her (Impressive as several issues earlier I'm pretty sure the same Phoenix was beating on Fire Lord etc.), it was stated her powers were both physical and psychic and she stated her powers were those born in a raging Sun unleashed on Magneto. So like I said, where has Magneto ever been affected by heat?

And I'm pretty sure I recall Magneto creating an energy vortex against Johny.

Doctor-Alvis
I know heat weakens magnets but does it really weaken the field itself? Or does it weaken the field because it weakens the magnet?

psycho gundam
weakens the magnet, effects the field ei. the sun's output of heat and charged particles creates steller wind that creates a "comet tail" look to earth's magnetic field.

redhotrash
Hes withstood nukes, which burn increadibly hot. Torch isnt winning even with his 3 friends.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.