Underworld vs Twilight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Who are the more powerful characters? I haven't seen Twilight and don't think I will so Twilight fans have to present their evidence.

Lucien vs Jacob

Selene vs Edward

Victory is to whom?

XanatosForever
Lucien could take Jacob one-on-one, while Selene might have a tough time getting through Edward the rock golem.

Darth Truculent
Despite the fact that Selene is more than 500 years older than Edward? My niece told me that Ed's age is little over 100.

Placidity
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Despite the fact that Selene is more than 500 years older than Edward? My niece told me that Ed's age is little over 100.

This doesn't mean anything.

Darth Truculent
What are Ed's combat feats? Plus, the older you are the more powerful. Let's not forget that Selene was a Death Dealer - a trained Vampire soldier skilled in the arts of warfare.

Placidity
What are Ed's combat feats?

Haven't seen New Moon yet. But he is faster and probably stronger.

Plus, the older you are the more powerful.

True, but you can't use this to compare between different films/universes.

Let's not forget that Selene was a Death Dealer - a trained Vampire soldier skilled in the arts of warfare.

Correct.

KingD19
Edward has shown greater speed, but I think Selene at the end of Evolution trumps him in strength, durability, and damage soak.

Lucian destroys Jacob, and a large advantage goes to the fact that he turns into a lycan, not an actual large wolf. Plus he can run on walls/ceilings.

One Free Man
Despite the fact that Selene is more than 500 years older than Edward? My niece told me that Ed's age is little over 100. wow that makes him one sick pedo phuk

Rogue Jedi
Didnt Ed fight in the civil war?

NemeBro
Originally posted by One Free Man
wow that makes him one sick pedo phuk I believe you are thinking of Jacob my good sir, who falls for an infant (Not making this up).

Lucian beats Jacob pretty handily, but honestly, Edward is not so much a vampire as he is a pretty fast, super-strong slab of rock, I am hesitant to say Selene can beat him.

That ACDC Chick
he's only just under 90
he was born in 1901 and "died" in 1918 so that makes him *presses calculator buttons* 91........i read the books awehuhs

as to who would win, my money's all on the Underworld gang cause theyve got experience and theyre not gay tween idols

and also cause Jacob isnt really a werewolf but a shapeshifter that turns into a big-ass wolf

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
that was Bill from True Blood

BruceSkywalker
Underworld much better/the end

Rogue Jedi
Twilight, True Blood, same shit.

BruceSkywalker
nah, true blood is much better than twilight

NemeBro
What the hell is True Blood?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by NemeBro
What the hell is True Blood?

a show that airs on hbo.. it stars anna paquin, her bf stephen moyer and stellan skarsgard's son alex

XanatosForever
Lucian beats Jacob pretty handily, but honestly, Edward is not so much a vampire as he is a pretty fast, super-strong slab of rock, I am hesitant to say Selene can beat him.

Hey now, that's kinda like what I said! stick out tongue

Robtard
I believe you are thinking of Jacob my good sir, who falls for an infant (Not making this up).

Not surprised. WTF is wrong with the author.

Robtard
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick

and also cause Jacob isnt really a werewolf but a shapeshifter that turns into a big-ass wolf

That'd make him a werewolf.

XanatosForever
The original premise may match, but the contemporary view of werewolves/lycanthropes are, in a word, furries.

KingD19

In New Moon, Felix(Colossus in X2/X3), kinda had him hurting when he demonstrated his speed and strength with the Voltunari. I can't see Selene doing it that fast, but she can do it.

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by Robtard
That'd make him a werewolf.
he doesnt change under full moons
they just change willy nilly

its all said in the fourth book

NemeBro
The word moon does not appear on that page he cited at all.

That ACDC Chick
from the Twilight wikia:
However, before the group leaves, it reveals that the so-called werewolves are not actual werewolves, but rather "shape shifters", who can adapt only into wolf forms. The "shape shifters" and vampires celebrate their victory in successfully protecting Edward and Bella's child.

That ACDC Chick
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29001524
Stephen King just bumped himself up a notch on my favorite author list
haermm

NemeBro
from the Twilight wikia:
However, before the group leaves, it reveals that the so-called werewolves are not actual werewolves, but rather "shape shifters", who can adapt only into wolf forms. The "shape shifters" and vampires celebrate their victory in successfully protecting Edward and Bella's child. The Twitards can rot in hell and die.

They are werewolves, in terms of the word's defiition.

Also, yes, Stephen King was pretty leet in his crushing of Sparklefagz.

Alpha Centauri
The Twitards can rot in hell and die.

They are werewolves, in terms of the word's defiition.

They shape-shift into spirit animals.

They're not werewolves.

-AC

Robtard
from the Twilight wikia:
However, before the group leaves, it reveals that the so-called werewolves are not actual werewolves, but rather "shape shifters", who can adapt only into wolf forms. The "shape shifters" and vampires celebrate their victory in successfully protecting Edward and Bella's child.

So they're humans who can change into wolf form, ie a werewolf, by definition.

KingD19
Isn't a werewolf defined by someone who changes into a wolf form under a full moon??? Not just changing whenever they want?

Placidity
Originally posted by KingD19
Isn't a werewolf defined by someone who changes into a wolf form under a full moon??? Not just changing whenever they want?

Well, heres what it says on wiki:

That settles it - Often, not always. What else would you call Jacob anyway?

KingD19
A shapeshifter with a single form...Really big wolf

Placidity
^ Um, that's pretty much what it says in the description of a werewolf.

Rogue Jedi
Does the full moon have any effect on the Twilight wolves/shape shifters/whatever?

XanatosForever
If it does, it's never mentioned or even alluded to. In the Breaking Dawn (the fourth book in the series) the Volturi even remark that Jacob and his clan are not real werewolves as claimed in the Twilight universe, though there has yet to be any expanding upon the comment.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Problem with Twilight is we didn't get to see Edward fight in the movies much, where we can (only) base our arguments in the versus forum.

i still think selene and lucien takes it, though. xD

Rogue Jedi
I wonder how Edward would fare against an Underworld Lycan?

KingD19
Edward would get dominated in a fight.

Rogue Jedi
Ya think?

Bardock42

No, he's a bit over 100 years old.

Jasper fought in the civil war though.

So sad that I know that.

Rogue Jedi

Robtard
I wonder how Edward would fare against an Underworld Lycan?

As ridiculous as Twinklight is. Ed-boy has super-speed, along with super-strength. I believe his speed is greater than any of the Underworld werewolves showed.

Rogue Jedi
Twinklight haermm

NemeBro
As ridiculous as Twinklight is. Ed-boy has super-speed, along with super-strength. I believe his speed is greater than any of the Underworld werewolves showed. Yeah the normal Lycans did not really impress me honestly, at least most did not.

Not to mention he is essentially made out of granite.

Nephthys
And here I thought he was made of Fail...

That ACDC Chick
he is were just the only ones who know it

Rogue Jedi
Was it stated in the movie that Ed is made of granite?

XanatosForever
When two "vampires" in Twilight run into each other, it sounds like boulders crashing. When they strike each other, dust flies off. They "sparkle" with diamond dust....they're rock golems who wish they were vampires.

Rogue Jedi
Then how can they be harmed? Didnt Ed burn one at the end? In the MOVIE I mean.

XanatosForever
Rock will melt at sufficient temperatures, y'know.

KingD19
I'm pretty sure Lycans can slice through rock, since when they were running on the stone walls they were ripping chunks of it out with each step.

Rogue Jedi
From what I remember it was just some fire, not some uber smelting pit fire. They lit the fire and threw the body on and it burned.

XanatosForever
Yet it was hot enough to ash these sparkling beings that can be hurt by nothing except the teeth of their own kind, or the druids of the Indian settlement?

Rogue Jedi
Again, is it STATED in the movie that they can be hurt by the teeth of their own kind?

XanatosForever
I can't recall about Twilight, and I haven't seen New Moon, so they may not have mentioned it yet.

Rogue Jedi
OK then.

Robtard
Originally posted by KingD19
I'm pretty sure Lycans can slice through rock, since when they were running on the stone walls they were ripping chunks of it out with each step.

That was sheet-rock.

Robtard

What's your point, the Underworld crew is going to make a fire in the middle of a fight with some kindling and burn the Twinks?

Underworld Vampires burn and die from sunlight. Twilight ones sparkle.

Underworld Werewolves die from silver. Twilight ones don't.

That ACDC Chick
they die by getting chopped up into pieces then burned in a fire that smells like incense

Rogue Jedi
Chopped up with....regular blades?

XanatosForever
With the teeth of their fellow rock golems.

Rogue Jedi
Fact?

XanatosForever
If you pay close attention to the end of Twilight, you see the Cullens' surrounding James, which strongly implies such. In the book it's directly stated.

Placidity
Actually I think the chick dislocated his James' neck.

Rogue Jedi
So, Selene let's loose with her 9's on Ed, the bullets bounce off?

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Placidity
Actually I think the chick dislocated his James' neck.

It's presumed such an attack wouldn't outright kill the rock golems, but that was only the initial assault. As Bella starting fading out and the camera went to fuzzy "AHMAHGAH'MDYIN'" mode, the Cullens' with their faces down in something can be seen tossing bits into the fire occasionally.

XanatosForever
So, Selene let's loose with her 9's on Ed, the bullets bounce off?

I honestly couldn't tell you. As far as I know there's been no instance of the rock golems facing up against guns to use as evidence in either direction.

Rogue Jedi
Looks like we have another lightsaber versus adamantium debate.

Robtard

Yeah, and a lightsabre can't cut adamantium. Face!

Rogue Jedi
Really now?

Bardock42

Yeah, I guess that's what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.............Heath Ledger dies.

Rogue Jedi
Pwned by quailoods.

Robtard
Pwned by quailoods.

Don't think his death had anything to do with birds.

Rogue Jedi
Batman is a bird.

Robtard
Batman is a bird.

Think you're thinking of his boy-toy Robin. Bats are mammals.

Rogue Jedi
They fly, they have wings.

Robtard
They fly, they have wings.

So do insects and Baby Jesus, yet they're not birds either.

Rogue Jedi
Bats are flying creatures.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
No, he's a bit over 100 years old.

Jasper fought in the civil war though.

So sad that I know that.

facepalm

I don't know you. *rents clothes*

Robtard
Bats are flying creatures.

That is a correct statement.

Darth Truculent
A UV round can kill any Vampire. Silver Nitrate can kill any Lycan/Werewolf (save the scene where Lucien actually survived taking only a single bullet - then Kraven finishes him off).

Robtard
A UV round can kill any Vampire. Silver Nitrate can kill any Lycan/Werewolf (save the scene where Lucien actually survived taking only a single bullet - then Kraven finishes him off).

Twilight vampires aren't adversely affected by the sun.

There's was no mention of the wolf-boys in Twilight being vulnerable to silver, from what I hear/read.

Lucien took several bullets, as you see several of them bleed out of him when he does that flex/squeeze maneuver, this is in the apartment scene.

Darth Truculent
Other than William, can it be argued that Lucien was/is the most powerful Lycan/werewolf? Lucien killed a lot of Vampires in his rebellion before he was "killed."

Then Twilight Vampires aren't Vampires at all - they're hybrids.

Robtard
Other than William, can it be argued that Lucien was/is the most powerful Lycan/werewolf? Lucien killed a lot of Vampires in his rebellion before he was "killed."

Then Twilight Vampires aren't Vampires at all - they're hybrids.

Okay?

No, they're vampires.

Placidity
Okay?

No, they're vampires.

No, they're half vampire, and half vampire. Or something.

That ACDC Chick
no theyre completely vampire according to SM
the only hybrids in the series are Renessmee and that kid Alice brought back that saved the day

XanatosForever
Ugh, are you all blind? They're obviously rock golems.

Rogue Jedi
Never said they were.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Placidity
This doesn't mean anything.

Don't the Vampires in, Underworld become stronger with age?

Rogue Jedi
Yes sir, they do.

That ACDC Chick
and apparently the Twilight vamps become pussies

Rogue Jedi
Mhm.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.