When commercials come on I...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok
Just wondering how people react to commercials, whether on TV or radio.

I hate them, especially repetitive ones.

WickedDynamite
Ads pay for the show. Just gotta accept them...

Mandrag Ganon
I use them as a chance to take the trash out, unload the diswasher, go to the bathroom, get a snack, or anything else that I need to do at the time. If I don't have anything to do, I sit and wait for them to end.

Symmetric Chaos
Utter a short prayer to my corporate overlords. Eternal glory upon their gleaming perfection.

King Kandy
Some of them are ok. Geico ones can actually be a bit entertaining.

inimalist
smile

<<<<-------------

never pay for the things you love ever again

Nemesis X
The only commercials I want on my TV are videogame ads and maybe some movie and Anime ads as well but nothing else.

One Free Man
crumple the remote up, launch it through the screen then pee on the burning, smoking remains.

chomperx9
its only at matress giant oooooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

its 1-800 safe auto

milk does a body good

geico 15 minutes does NOT save you 15 % or more on car insurance

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist
smile

<<<<-------------

never pay for the things you love ever again

The foundation of capitalism!

Mindship
When I'm finding commercials particularly annoying, I'll have a commercial-free movie channel ready to go with the "Last Channel" button. So when a commercial comes on during the show I'm actually watching, I switch over (previously I timed how long a commercial interval lasts so I know when to switch back).

siriuswriter
tolerate them as in : either fast-forward through them on tivo or completely tune out and do something else.

Bicnarok
I know the commercials pay for the ability to show certain shows or movies, and some are funny or worth watching. What gets me is when the commercial takes nearly 40% or more of the viewing time of the actual show, and shows the same boring crap over and over, like they are attempting brain washing.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The only commercials I want on my TV are videogame ads and maybe some movie and Anime ads as well but nothing else.

Actually, that sounds cool. Seriously.

As far as the topic goes...heh heh heh..

NOT watching TV has its benefits. I have to tolerate internet adds while I watch online videos, though, but, we usually skip over those. You guys would be surprised at how much time you would have if you didn't watch TV. It's great.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by dadudemon
Actually, that sounds cool. Seriously.

As far as the topic goes...heh heh heh..

NOT watching TV has its benefits. I have to tolerate internet adds while I watch online videos, though, but, we usually skip over those. You guys would be surprised at how much time you would have if you didn't watch TV. It's great.

Finally, someone who agrees with me.

Internet ads, oh god. I just want to see a video on Youtube but suddenly I get these annoying Google ads. Curse you Google mad

Dr Will Hatch
It depends on the show I'm watching. I'm not really a demograpgic target for anyone except for movies and the occasional game. Some are entertaining, some aren't. I skip over them frequently.

jaden101
Originally posted by Bicnarok

Masturbate from flaccid to ejaculation and see if I can do it before the tv show comes back on. This is particularly challenging around Christmas what with most ads being for kids toys. Also difficult during daytime tv when most ads are for denture fixing cream, adjustable beds and stairlifts.

But I do my best.

inimalist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The foundation of capitalism!

hey, I'm maximizing my purchasing potential by voting with my feet in a neo-supply side economic paradigm

how many more buzz words does it need to be capitalism?

BruceSkywalker
when they come on i turn the channel

Mairuzu
I fast forward them.

Tivo bitches

botankus
The only ones I really hate are the patronizing ones that basically assume we, the consumer, can't think for ourselves.

Okay, so maybe that's 95% of the commercials out there, but still.

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
The only ones I really hate are the patronizing ones that basically assume we, the consumer, can't think for ourselves.

Okay, so maybe that's 95% of the commercials out there, but still.

For 95% of consumers that is true though. Lets call it even.

AsbestosFlaygon
The worst commercials for me are the generic ones...

I mean, those products so common they virtually don't need to advertise the product.

Like Coca-cola. Everyone drinks that shit.. it doesn't need any further promotion.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
The worst commercials for me are the generic ones...

I mean, those products so common they virtually don't need to advertise the product.

Like Coca-cola. Everyone drinks that shit.. it doesn't need any further promotion.

ahh but the ads make you think of drinking it, so you pop of and get some. If this happens often enough then you need to buy some more, and if this works with enough sheeple its probably worth it.

After all look how effective the flash frame ads were when they tested them, millsecond picture of a burger and you subconsciously pic it up and "hmm could do with a burger"

§P0oONY

I hate them, especially repetitive ones. Fast Forward... Sky+ ftw.

I do love the new Guinness one though.

-pgA8Z7lFVE

botankus
Re: When commercials come on I...?
Commit suicide. Not attempt, but commit.

PENIS-ENVY
=-

siriuswriter

PENIS-ENVY
poiugg

Dude111
Yes they are garbage.. I picked option 2,3 and 4 on the poll....

I change channels or stations until they are over...... Or I go do something else or just watch it on my VHS tapes where I can FF past or not record them at all...........

I think commercials ONLINE now are the worst (When listening to a radio stations stream)

Putinbot1
I realise I'm back in the noughties, time travel is great.

riv6672

In my case, i go case by case, just in case.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.