Starship Enterprise vs. X-jet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K-Dog
Fight takes place in a huge atmosphere similar to Earth's except it is 3X as deep/high for maneuvering. X-jet gets Storm and Magneto as passengers to help offensive/defensive capabilities (remember for example what Storm did when military jets were following them. Also assume that Magneto has a good ability to manipulate electromagnetic spectrum stuff in case that matters even though we never saw that much in the movies).

Feel free to tweak/add any other x-men/villans in the ship if you think it will help in any manner.

Oh, let's say the Enterprise can maneuver outside the atmosphere into space for up to 1 minute at a time every 10 minutes, but they can not use offensive force unless they are in the atmosphere at least 1 minute beforehand (otherwise they can easily avoid lightning/tornadoes and attack from a distance which isn't' fair).
Scenario 2: If you think it is a spite thread for the Enterprise to win, then add the Fantastic Four flying ship to the x-jet along with Johnny Strorm flying solo.

Nemesis X
The Enterprise is way bigger than the X-Jet and has superior fire power.

Robtard
Originally posted by K-Dog
Fight takes place in a huge atmosphere similar to Earth's except it is 3X as deep/high for maneuvering. X-jet gets Storm and Magneto as passengers to help offensive/defensive capabilities (remember for example what Storm did when military jets were following them. Also assume that Magneto has a good ability to manipulate electromagnetic spectrum stuff in case that matters even though we never saw that much in the movies).

Feel free to tweak/add any other x-men/villans in the ship if you think it will help in any manner.

Oh, let's say the Enterprise can maneuver outside the atmosphere into space for up to 1 minute at a time every 10 minutes, but they can not use offensive force unless they are in the atmosphere at least 1 minute beforehand (otherwise they can easily avoid lightning/tornadoes and attack from a distance which isn't' fair).
Scenario 2: If you think it is a spite thread for the Enterprise to win, then add the Fantastic Four flying ship to the x-jet along with Johnny Strorm flying solo.

The ST crew transport everyone into space from the other side of the planet. /the end.

Rogue Jedi
The Tard is correct.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
The ST crew transport everyone into space from the other side of the planet. /the end.

agreed

Darth Martin
Picard's Enterprise could bully Marvel Earth if it wanted.

Impediment
The Enterprise is a Galaxy Class Starship.

The Blackbird (X-Men's jet) is just a jet.

Serious butt rape occurs with the Federation on the winning side.

dadudemon
Obviously, the Enterprise (NX-01) is missing lots of key technologies that most people are familiar with. Depends how late in the show you want to use the vessel.

Transportors...that's iffy.

Weapons? Iffy as well. Later, the pulse cannons were upgraded to much more powerful phase cannons. That could be a big difference.

Still, all it takes is Magento doing his thing. We know Magneto can lift things as large and as heavy as the Golden Gate Bridge. The enterprise would be much lighter and smaller. Crush? Yup.

Storm could do super lightening bolts. The polarized hull plating shouldn't be able to stand up to the lightening getting to the systems and frying things.

Robtard
That ship wasn't in a film. So it's either Kirk's ship or one of Picard's. Either way, transporters from the other side of the planet FTW.

Rogue Jedi
Shit, I forgot about Magneto, he could solo here.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Shit, I forgot about Magneto, he could solo here. No.

Rogue Jedi
Why not?

Darth Martin
Magneto cannot destroy the ship instantly. It's made of metal far superior to anything on Earth. Not saying he can't effect it. But he can't kill the ship before he gets blown up. Data can react far faster than Eric can. Data, the ship's computer, Picard, and Geordi are all smarter both tactically and technically. Your putting thousands of minds against one. Magneto has no way of blocking any of the Enterprise' weapons. Not top mention Magneto would be fighting from a distance farther than he can overcome.

Magneto soloing the Enterprise? Stop it.

Bring in Dark Phoenix.

Rogue Jedi
So if Magneto decides to grab the ship and push it away, alter its course, damage it in some way, he can't?

Made of metal far superior to anything on Earth. OK, I can see this is gonna take the same route as the lightsaber versus adamantium debate. I'm out.

K-Dog
A couple thoughts: If the x-jet cloaking is as good as a Klingon ship, it may enable them to get close enough to the Enterprise for Magneto to crush them (I do believe he could).
Also, as I think about it, I am not sure how well an Enterprise can fly in gravity/atmosphere compared to empty space. I am not sure if this would affect things much anyway.
I was also trying to extrapolate electromagnetic powers for Magneto in order to see if guys thought he could affect sensor range, teleporter capabilities, communication, and maybe even phaser beams.

dadudemon
That ship wasn't in a film. So it's either Kirk's ship or one of Picard's. Either way, transporters from the other side of the planet FTW.

That's why it's important to specify.

Enterpise D, B, C, etc....those are how you specify which one is which.

Just plain ol' "Enterprise" is the NX-01...at least amoung trekkies.

Robtard
Why not?

Transporters, that's why. Also range and superior firepower.

BruceSkywalker
with the exception of Chris Pine Kirk, Shatner Kirk and Picard's Enterprise too damn easy

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
with the exception of Chris Pine Kirk, Shatner Kirk and Picard's Enterprise too damn easy

Pine and Shatner would have comparable ships.

BruceSkywalker
Pine and Shatner would have comparable ships.

with respect, i disagree, Pine's ship didn't show me much even though i am a treekie

Robtard
with respect, i disagree, Pine's ship didn't show me much even though i am a treekie

It survived the Narada.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by K-Dog
A couple thoughts: If the x-jet cloaking is as good as a Klingon ship, it may enable them to get close enough to the Enterprise for Magneto to crush them (I do believe he could).
Also, as I think about it, I am not sure how well an Enterprise can fly in gravity/atmosphere compared to empty space. I am not sure if this would affect things much anyway.
I was also trying to extrapolate electromagnetic powers for Magneto in order to see if guys thought he could affect sensor range, teleporter capabilities, communication, and maybe even phaser beams.
If Magneto tried to crush the ship, even if he was in a ship with a perfect cloak, he would give himself away by being a source of EM interference.

Also, they can scan for lifesigns.

Rogue Jedi
Question. Let's say Magneto see the Enterprise and says "'You know, I think I am gonna crush that ship." He makes the decision to crush it, raises his hand to do so......How long would it take him to crush the Enterprise?

BruceSkywalker
It survived the Narada.

yeah it did, but i'm just not sure that Pine Kirk and Shatner's Kirk are comparable , but then again i will be re watching Pine Kirk later tomorrow

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Magneto cannot destroy the ship instantly. It's made of metal far superior to anything on Earth. Not saying he can't effect it. But he can't kill the ship before he gets blown up. Data can react far faster than Eric can. Data, the ship's computer, Picard, and Geordi are all smarter both tactically and technically. Your putting thousands of minds against one. Magneto has no way of blocking any of the Enterprise' weapons. Not top mention Magneto would be fighting from a distance farther than he can overcome.

Magneto soloing the Enterprise? Stop it.

Bring in Dark Phoenix.

I disagree, by far. Adamantium is far superior to that hull. Agreed?

Robtard
Question. Let's say Magneto see the Enterprise and says "'You know, I think I am gonna crush that ship." He makes the decision to crush it, raises his hand to do so......How long would it take him to crush the Enterprise?

It took him some time to rip off a section of the Golden Gate Bridge; he was also slow to move it. So it's likely take him a considerably more time to crush a spaceship from the future, this is considering he could keep it in place.

It only takes seconds to lock-on a transport, fire phasers or photon torpedoes. Either of the later would obliterate the X-Jet and all within. I still say transporters for the win, the mutants have no defense against it and they can be targeted from extremely long distances.

There's only one X-men/mutant besides DP that could possibly take on the Enterprise and her crew, Xavier, barring Data isn't onboard.

Rogue Jedi
We need to now whether or not the Enterprise and X Jet crews have some knowledge of each other.

Robtard
We need to now whether or not the Enterprise and X Jet crews have some knowledge of each other.

Per the rules, they have basic knowledge of each other. Which is enough for the Enterprise to find them, target them and transport all their asses into deep space, form miles and miles away.

Rogue Jedi
Per the rules, they have basic knowledge of each other. Which is enough for the Enterprise to find them, target them and transport all their asses into deep space, form miles and miles away.

OK, so NC can just TP Magneto onto the bridge, Magneto crushes the bridge, NC TP's him out.

Pwned.

Robtard
OK, so NC can just TP Magneto onto the bridge, Magneto crushes the bridge, NC TP's him out.

Pwned.

Na, your little scenario is full of holes.

Nightcrawler has only been shown to teleport a few miles at most, the Enterprise can take them out from thousands of miles.

Magneto couldn't crush the bridge in a few seconds; he's also be killing himself in the process. If he somehow got in with a TP(very unlikely), he'd have phasers disintegrate him or he could get transporters into space.

You should really stop saying "pwned", until you actually have something logical.

Rogue Jedi
Take them out with phasers, you mean?

Robtard
Take them out with phasers, you mean?

If the mutants got inside the Enterprise(somehow), there's many a security personal with a phaser; almost anyone can be armed with a phaser for that matter. Though a transport would be more likely.

Rogue Jedi
No, I mean taking out the X Jet. If NC got aboard the Enterprise, they would never touch him.

Robtard
No, I mean taking out the X Jet. If NC got aboard the Enterprise, they would never touch him.

Enterprise could obliterate the X-Jet with either phasers or photon torpedo; from a very great distance too. I prefer the transport everyone inside into space though.

Yeah, NC would wreck shit if he got inside; it's doubtful though. Data likely give him some trouble, if they met.

Darth Martin
Question. Let's say Magneto see the Enterprise and says "'You know, I think I am gonna crush that ship." He makes the decision to crush it, raises his hand to do so......How long would it take him to crush the Enterprise? I don't know. But just by you asking this confirms a win for the Enterprise. The ship will fire long before Magneto can do any serious damage. But, as Robtard said, it did take considerable effort for him to move the GGB.

Originally posted by dadudemon
I disagree, by far. Adamantium is far superior to that hull. Agreed? Not sure. But the movies take place like 400 years after our time so........

Besides, that's if.........Magneto can get past the force field. stick out tongue

OK, so NC can just TP Magneto onto the bridge, Magneto crushes the bridge, NC TP's him out. Pwned. You can't beam onboard a ship which has its force field up and running. This being a battle, both opponents having knowledge, Riker will likely have the shields up.

No, I mean taking out the X Jet. If NC got aboard the Enterprise, they would never touch him. If........Nightcrawler boarded the vessel, yes, it'd be very difficult for him to be stopped by regular security. However, Data would have Spider-Man level strength, speed atleast on par with Blade, a chasis composed of duranium, incredible senses, unparalleled intelligence, and the ships computer which he could use for force fields and to track Nightcrawler.

dadudemon
Not sure. But the movies take place like 400 years after our time so........

Besides, that's if.........Magneto can get past the force field. stick out tongue

Well, we know how strong Tritanium is more than 20 times as hard as a diamond. That aired in the original series, Star Trek, in season 2, episode 18.

We know that wolverine's claws cut through a thick steel blast door like it was butter.

It's hard to say (pun intended), but I would give it to adamantium, hands down. (Simply because of the "mystique" surrounding adamantium being virtually indestructible.)

Rogue Jedi
Let's say Storm has tornadoes and gales surrounding the X Jet. Would this interfere with the Enterprise tracking them?

Robtard
Let's say Storm has tornadoes and gales surrounding the X Jet. Would this interfere with the Enterprise tracking them?

No, not really.

Rogue Jedi
Then I guess the X Jet is ****ed haermm

XanatosForever
Sounds about right. I mean, Enterprise is a ship meant to handle the worst in the galaxy.

Darth Martin
Then I guess the X Jet is ****ed haermm

A good match would be Picard's Enterprise E against heavy hitters like Superman, Hancock, and Thor.

Robtard
A good match would be Picard's Enterprise E against heavy hitters like Superman, Hancock, and Thor.

No.

BruceSkywalker

facepalm

Rogue Jedi
Hancock couldn't take it?

dadudemon
facepalm

laughing thumb up

You've got BruceSkywalker face palming, DarthMartin. If that happens, you know you've gone TOO far! laughing

Robtard
Hancock couldn't take it?

Dematerialize him with a transport and then dispurse the image. Besides that, he would wreck it, taking into account he's invulnerable to everything except white-girls.

dadudemon
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Sounds about right. I mean, Enterprise is a ship meant to handle the worst in the galaxy.

Indeed.

Only anomalous nebulae ever gave the Enterprise D pause to the uber sophisticated sensor technology, which was supposed to be the most advanced, by far, of it's day.

When in those clouds and nebulae, it usually amounted to Worf saying, "Captain, sensors are not working."

Doctor-Alvis
If........Nightcrawler boarded the vessel, yes, it'd be very difficult for him to be stopped by regular security. However, Data would have Spider-Man level strength, speed atleast on par with Blade, a chasis composed of duranium, incredible senses, unparalleled intelligence, and the ships computer which he could use for force fields and to track Nightcrawler.
I also submit that it'd be possible to create some kind of interference to prevent him from teleporting.

Also, is Nightcrawler part of this team? I thought it was just Magneto and Storm.

BruceSkywalker
laughing thumb up

You've got BruceSkywalker face palming, DarthMartin. If that happens, you know you've gone TOO far! laughing

yep.. laughing out loud laughing

K-Dog
The various incarnations of the Enterprise have had their teleporters and scanners jammed by a myriad of space/atmospheric stuff, and they have escaped death a hundred times via plot devices. They are not war vessels although they are no slouch either. But they still win unless Magneto can manipulated the EM spectrum beyond what he is shown to do in the movies. If he could do it at a power level equivalent of ripping up the golden gate bridge then I do believe he could screw with scanners, weapons locks, transporters, deflect phasers (basically strong light/laser beams) and photon torpodoes (photons are light). If he could do this at a power level that his magnetism is shown then I believe he could do it along with high-level tornadoes and lightning by Storm. She was making 6 or so gigantic F5 tornadoes simultaneously. Ok I'll quit.

Darth Martin
No.
facepalm
laughing thumb up You've got BruceSkywalker face palming, DarthMartin. If that happens, you know you've gone TOO far! laughing

Forgive me for the lack of a better word.
A better match than the thread at hand would be Picard's Enterprise E against heavy hitters like Superman, Hancock, and Thor.

Dematerialize him with a transport and then dispurse the image. And you think O'Brien could get a lock on Hancock?

Robtard
And you think O'Brien could get a lock on Hancock?

The drunken Irish bastard has locked onto people in ships that were great distances away and where traveling at warp-speeds. So, yes, I do think that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.