Durability vs. Strength

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zeuodin
How much does one factor against the other in a fight. For instance Hulk Is enraged and is fighting Juggernaut. Hulk is clearly superior to Juggs in strength at this point. But who wins?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Zeuodin
How much does one factor against the other in a fight. For instance Hulk Is enraged and is fighting Juggernaut. Hulk is clearly superior to Juggs in strength at this point. But who wins?

depends on how big the difference is in a non PIS fight of your example Juggs should win

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Parmaniac
depends on how big the difference is in a non PIS fight of your example Juggs should win
Let's say it was Thanos vs. Despero. Despero is clearly Superior to Thanos in strength but Thanos is clearly Superior to Despero in Durability. If they were fighting hand to hand. Not factoring in any other powers.

galactusischere
Let's say it was Thanos vs. Despero. Despero is clearly Superior to Thanos in strength but Thanos is clearly Superior to Despero in Durability. If they were fighting hand to hand. Not factoring in any other powers.
Thanos IMO but barely.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Well your first mistake is thinking Despero is superior to Thanos in strength. I see zero evidence that supports this claim. However, what is clear, is that Thanos has better durability. Regardless, even if I use your premise that Despero is stronger, its not by much at all (don't agree). However, Thanos durability compared to Despero has a much bigger margin than the strength gap you claim. Thus Thanos imo takes that fight.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Well your first mistake is thinking Despero is superior to Thanos in strength. I see zero evidence that supports this claim. However, what is clear, is that Thanos has better durability. Regardless, even if I use your premise that Despero is stronger, its not by much at all (don't agree). However, Thanos durability compared to Despero has a much bigger margin than the strength gap you claim. Thus Thanos imo takes that fight. Despero Knocks around Top Tiers. Superman, CM, WW, PG.

Thanos has never held a being like Superman and CM by the kneck and crashed thier heads together. Thanos at best has Amped his punches.

Nihilist
Thanos knocked around Wonder Woman,Captain Marvel and Kyle or Hal(cant remember which one) in the cross over DC fans say is cannon.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos knocked around Wonder Woman,Captain Marvel and Kyle or Hal(cant remember which one) in the cross over DC fans say is cannon. No. That was marvel Vs. DC that you are thinking of. That is NOT canon.

Parmaniac
No. That was marvel Vs. DC that you are thinking of. That is NOT canon.

thumb up

would be nice if that's the one cause I saw Venom beating the shit out of Supes and Spidey at the same time shifty plus he catched Quicksilver and FLASH

it was Avengers/JLA

Nihilist
No. That was marvel Vs. DC that you are thinking of. That is NOT canon. Well both sides DC/Marvel agreed that Thanos beats groups like them down easily.

Zeuodin
Well both sides DC/Marvel agreed that Thanos beats groups like them down easily. LOL. Darkside was laughiing At Surfer and Thor and Storm.

Bouboumaster

Thanos has never held a being like Superman and CM by the kneck and crashed thier heads together. Thanos at best has Amped his punches.

Thanos trashed Silver Surfer with three punches. And killed him in the process.

Warlord
I can see where this thread is going....wink

Nihilist
LOL. Darkside was laughiing At Surfer and Thor and Storm. And Thanos Laughs at Surfer whilst beating him to death, puts Thor down with just his energy blast and matches him with the power gem..oh and wow Storm.

Zeuodin
And Thanos Laughs at Surfer whilst beating him to death, puts Thor down with just his energy blast and matches him with the power gem..oh and wow Storm. You missed the whole point.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thanos trashed Silver Surfer with three punches. And killed him in the process. yes because Surfer is Three top tiers.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thanos trashed Silver Surfer with three punches. And killed him in the process.

Didn't kill him no, wasn't just three punches either.

Could've killed him though.

Nihilist
You missed the whole point. No you thought you named some guys that are are threat to Thanos.

The 3 Thanos took on would beat DS, the 3 DS took on wouldnt beat Thanos.

Zeuodin
No you thought you named some guys that are are threat to Thanos.

The 3 Thanos took on would beat DS, the 3 DS took on wouldnt beat Thanos. No. You missed the point. That comic wasn't accurate at all. And no Thor, Surfer, And Storm would not beat DS. Neither would CM, Wonder Woman and GL Kyle beat Thanos. But Thanos's team would give him far more trouble than DS team would give him.

Nihilist
No. You missed the point. That comic wasn't accurate at all. And no Thor, Surfer, And Storm would not beat DS. Neither would CM, Wonder Woman and GL Kyle beat Thanos. But Thanos's team would give him far more trouble than DS team would give him. I never said Thor,SS and Storm would beat DS, i meant WW,CM and Kyle would beat DS.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Despero Knocks around Top Tiers. Superman, CM, WW, PG.

Did you just imply thanos doesn't knock around Top Tiers? LOL. That is his thing.. he does so with ease and laugh about it. As I said, I say Thanos is as strong or stronger than Despero. Regardless of which one, one thing is clear, Thanos is clearly above Despero in durability. That said gap is greater than the strength gap you claim. Thus, i'm unclear why your saying Despero would win.

Galan007
Thanos knocked around Wonder Woman,Captain Marvel and Kyle or Hal(cant remember which one) in the cross over DC fans say is cannon. Originally posted by Nihilist
Well both sides DC/Marvel agreed that Thanos beats groups like them down easily. ...and i suppose you also believe wolverine > lobo, eh? srsly

Nihilist
Originally posted by Galan007
...and i suppose you also believe wolverine > lobo, eh? srsly who gives a shit about them

KuRuPT Thanosi
...and i suppose you also believe wolverine > lobo, eh? srsly

LOL. That was pretty bad. Probably the worst.

Did you have a good Thanksgiving man?

Parmaniac
...and i suppose you also believe wolverine > lobo, eh? srsly

no but Spider-man > Superboy shifty

Kris Blaze
who gives a shit about them
It's pretty relevant when we're considering the quality of the crossover and it's depiction of the characters.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
It's pretty relevant when we're considering the quality of the crossover and it's depiction of the characters. No, not really.

Kris Blaze
No, not really.
How's it not?

Same writer, though his hands were tied by -votes-

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Parmaniac
no but Spider-man > Superboy shifty "lol, i have impact webbing?!"

Starscream M
How's it not?

Same writer, though his hands were tied by -votes- because a writer can write both something valid and something ludicrous in the same arc

doesn't mean anytime we spot one stupid thing, we toss out the entire arcs

we have to apply some common sense

Zeuodin
Did you just imply thanos doesn't knock around Top Tiers? LOL. That is his thing.. he does so with ease and laugh about it. As I said, I say Thanos is as strong or stronger than Despero. Regardless of which one, one thing is clear, Thanos is clearly above Despero in durability. That said gap is greater than the strength gap you claim. Thus, i'm unclear why your saying Despero would win. I didn't. You missed the point. And yes Despero is clearly above Thanos in strength. By a fair bit. As Superman is the strongest of all herald types. And The guys Despero fought are known for their physical prowess. Surfer hardly ever uses physical force. It takes a lot of force to literally hold superman and CM by the neck each!!

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Starscream M
because a writer can write both something valid and something ludicrous in the same arc

Kinda scary but I have to agree with Starscream. That is one of the most logical things you've said to date.

Kris Blaze
because a writer can write both something valid and something ludicrous in the same arc

It casts doubt on the entire comic and its fights.

But it's irrelevant, it was decided by votes.

Nihilist
How's it not?

Same writer, though his hands were tied by -votes- The DS/Thanos group fights were not decided by votes and Lobo/Wolverine was a 1 v 1 situation.The Thanos and DS instances were of them facing groups.

Starscream M

But it's irrelevant, it was decided by votes. true.

Kris Blaze
The DS/Thanos group fights were not decided by votes and Lobo/Wolverine was a 1 v 1 situation.The Thanos and DS instances were of them facing groups.
Yeah, I remember it now. It just goes for the individual matchups.

The comic's not canon though, and even if it was it wouldn't be admissable as evidence/feats here. No point in debating it.

Galan007
who gives a shit about them you brought up an instance from that crossover, i brought up another.

point being: it was a ridiculous series, and is in no way/shape/form canon. now "JLA/avengers" on the other hand...

LOL. That was pretty bad. Probably the worst.

Did you have a good Thanksgiving man? it was good. had 2 separate dinners (one with the wife's family, the other with mine.) needless to say, the thought of turkey = sick.

Starscream M
needless to say, the thought of turkey = sick. I hate turkey.

Zeuodin
I hate turkey. me too.

Kris Blaze
I've never had a thanksgiving dinner.

Bada refuses to invite me.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by psycho gundam
"lol, i have impact webbing?!"

I can't really remeber the fight anymore I only know of the "Finisher" Impact webbing + electricty = win for Spidey

gogogadgetgo
No. You missed the point. That comic wasn't accurate at all. And no Thor, Surfer, And Storm would not beat DS. Neither would CM, Wonder Woman and GL Kyle beat Thanos. But Thanos's team would give him far more trouble than DS team would give him.

sooooo thor, ss,and STORM = cm, ww and kyle?

gotcha! laughing

xJLxKing
I've never had a thanksgiving dinner.

Bada refuses to invite me.
For good reasons.
You'd hit him with the drum stick and run around like Thor stick out tongue

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by xJLxKing
For good reasons.
You'd hit him with the drum stick and run around like Thor stick out tongue
That's what he'll get for having the same tablemanners as The Hulk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.