When Rappers Try to Act....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

justdecent
This is too funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVAbPL31TaE
laughing laughing Whos missing from this list?

idowhatiamtold
I don't think Ludacris deserves to be on that list.. He was good in Crash, and he held his own in Hustle & Flow. Maybe you should watch it. I saw a commercial that its on tv tonight. I'm sure you will be surprised: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0jkYgXLoIg

siriuswriter
there's good examples as well, though.

like ice t in law and order; svu - the show would be incomplete with out Finn.

and eminem in 8 mile was awesome.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by siriuswriter
there's good examples as well, though.

like ice t in law and order; svu - the show would be incomplete with out Finn.

and eminem in 8 mile was awesome.

Eminem in 8 mile, was playing Eminem in 8 Mile. Not really acting when you're playing yourself.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by idowhatiamtold
I don't think Ludacris deserves to be on that list.. He was good in Crash, and he held his own in Hustle & Flow. Maybe you should watch it. I saw a commercial that its on tv tonight. I'm sure you will be surprised: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0jkYgXLoIg

He was a down south rapper in Hustle and Flow. Not really acting when you're playing something you already are.

AsbestosFlaygon
Ice Cube

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Eminem in 8 mile, was playing Eminem in 8 Mile. Not really acting when you're playing yourself.

It still takes a level of acting to perform in front of the camera without looking stupid.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
He was a down south rapper in Hustle and Flow. Not really acting when you're playing something you already are.

See above.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
It still takes a level of acting to perform in front of the camera without looking stupid. Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
See above.

You know those things they call music videos? Yeah its not the first time they've been in front of a camera. Eminem nor Ludacris deserve recognition for those two roles when they're basically playing themselves.

Earthlover
this high schooler is a rapper wannabe. he trys to rap on a bus full of middle and high school kids. its innertating sometimes but when your trying to lissen to your ipod full of REAL rap then it get's annoying

Shey Tapani
Rappers are good for cameos in movies and thats it.

namorsubby
tupac was a great actor IMO

FistOfThe North
tupac was good. i think tupac as the best actor that was a major rapper followed by common.

ice cube, ja rule, ludacris, and dmx are alright. they all seemed pretty confident in front of the camera but over do it most of the time. em was meh. method man and snoop did some comedies kinda good.

50 cent sucks as an actor so does jayz and nas.

leonheartmm
i think this thread should be renamed "WHEN RAPPERS TRY TO SING!".

Ms.Marvel
...why? that doesnt even make sense considering the topic of the thread.

like you were trying to make a joke or...?

DarthLazious
I dont have any kind of issues with Rappers trying to be Actors but some of them should stick with what they are good at.

marwash22
Queen Latifah is the only legit actress.

Ice Cube is was better in his earlier days of acting... the "Friday" movies and "Boys in the hood". His family type films are as good.

Kid Cudi is decent on "How to Make it in America"... though, he didn't have much screen time in season 1.

Common was was really good in Smokin Aces

Will Smith is the one and only shining example. He is the exception to the rule.

LL Cool J has been hit or miss. I liked his tv show and he plays the cop role well.

Mos Def is probably the second be rapper to turn actor; he has some serious skills... watch a movie called "Something the lord made", he's brilliant. He was good in "16 blocks" as as well.

Tyrese is only good when he isn't the lead. He was decent in Baby Boy but i never really took him seriously as a dramatic actor. He does have pretty good comedic timing though.

Darth Martin
What was wrong with 2Pac?

Eminem was very good in 8 Mile.

Wei Phoenix
Eminem was playing Eminem in 8 Mile.

ADarksideJedi
alot but can't think of any right now.But I can't stand it when rappers try to act in movies they are so horrible.

Juk3n
Originally posted by justdecent
This is too funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVAbPL31TaE
laughing laughing Whos missing from this list?

You just posted a vid of SHIT MOVIES IN GENERAL, that had rappers in. I could do the same about people from boybands 'who can't act' models 'who can't act' stupid thread is stupid.

First_Tsurugi06
Did anyone bring up Xibit in Derailed?

lindenmeng
There are many producs in the market ,but according to the use frequency,this product is the best choice, I bet you will have a suprising result,just have a try!

ADarksideJedi
I don't like movies also that are base on real Rappers or Hip hoppers lifes.They are all so depressing and most of the time those Rappers life was so bad that I don't know how anyone who can idol them.

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I don't like movies also that are base on real Rappers or Hip hoppers lifes.They are all so depressing and most of the time those Rappers life was so bad that I don't know how anyone who can idol them.

Obviously, people who live(d) similar lives. To see someone who lived the same life style as your own "make it" is an inspiration.

Wei Phoenix
lol@hip hoppers

RE: Blaxican
Rofl. Didn't even notice that.

tmiller2
Ja Rule in Half Past Dead was a shambles.

I would throw in Queen Latifa in Bringing the House Down. This was terrible, and her performance turned me of her completely.

She's changed so much from the days when she was a conscious rapper.

Money and Hollywood changed her for the worse, imho.

sixella 34
What about Will.I.Am in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Or..he might not be considered a rap artist.

marwash22
Ice-T is decent on "Law & Order"

ADarksideJedi
I think when rappers do movies on there lifes it makes them look really bad and not worth liking anymore.

Kaibs
There's a few rappers like mentioned earlier who aren't bad actors... there are others who are just horrible...

Ice Cube in Friday, Next Friday and Boyz N THe Hood = Great

Common is pretty good in almost everything he's been in.

T.I. wasn't bad at all in American Gangster

Will Smith is ****in brilliant.

Queen Latifah also very legit.

Ice-T is good on that TV show.

LL Cool J also pretty good on TV, and he was good in Any Given Sunday

Eminem in 8 Mile he wasn't bad at all. Although some are kind of right in a sense he played himself.

Tupac was a pretty legit actor too.

Ja Rule acts better than he raps so there you go in that sense.

P. Diddy also wasn't to bad of an actor.

lanevo

Paul79UF
Yeah, Luda was great in Hustle & Flow.

Common is really good in that cop movie with Keanu.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by Juk3n
You just posted a vid of SHIT MOVIES IN GENERAL, that had rappers in. I could do the same about people from boybands 'who can't act' models 'who can't act' stupid thread is stupid. completely agree...stupid thread is stupid

0mega Spawn
so basically you idiots are saying anybody can act except rappers erm ... clowns

Kaibs
Who the **** are you calling "idiots" encase you didn't read my post I said nothing of the sort.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
so basically you idiots are saying anybody can act except rappers erm ... clowns

Who in here said anyone but rappers can act?

the ninjak
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn

erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.