Favorite RE protagonist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AsbestosFlaygon
Who is your favorite RE protagonist?

Please vote!

Wei Phoenix
Leon Kennedy has 100% of the votes.

-Pr-
Leon > Jill > Chris, imo.

Ridley_Prime
No Ada? Probably Leon then.

Wow, so many RE threads here now.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
No Ada? Probably Leon then.

Wow, so many RE threads here now.

Sheva over your Ada? It's probably because she's Asian.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah. =(

Kero_Co
Hunk is #1, he's the only guy going out there just breaking zombie necks the whole time.

then Leon.

SnakeEyes
Leon is the one I'm most familiar with, and he was pretty badass, so he gets my vote.

SaTsuJiN
for me its a tie between Jill Valentine and Clair Redfield.. very self-reliant and cunning ladies

AsbestosFlaygon
Personally, my favorite would either be HUNK the 4th Survivor or Barry B. with his badass .44 Magnum.

Ms.Marvel
sheva and claire.

Zack Fair
Leon.

Sin_Volvagia
How did Hunk get in the list but not Ada?

Nemesis X
Leon Kennedy. He's the real main character for Resident Evil and should've been the one to kill Wesker, not that Chris on steroids. I think I speak for everyone that a fight between Leon and Wesker would be incredibly bad ass.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
How did Hunk get in the list but not Ada?

is ada really a protagonist, though? i think she straddles the line, tbh...

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Leon Kennedy. He's the real main character for Resident Evil and should've been the one to kill Wesker, not that Chris on steroids. I think I speak for everyone that a fight between Leon and Wesker would be incredibly bad ass.
Honestly, I don't see anyone in the poll losing to Wesker.

Except perhaps Rebecca and Carlos.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
for me its a tie between Jill Valentine and Clair Redfield.. very self-reliant and cunning ladies
Ada beats them in both those aspects IMO.

Leon Kennedy. He's the real main character for Resident Evil
That's your opinion. The series has never really had a single main character from what I could tell. Even the most recurring protagonists just appear in every other game as a sort of pattern (Leon & Ada being in 2 and 4, and Chris & Jill being in 1, 3, and 5).

And no, I don't think Leon should've been the one to beat Wesker, and am glad he wasn't personally. The only reason Wesker even knew about Leon in the first place was through Chris, his biggest foe, so it makes complete sense that he was the one to beat Wesker (although the way he did it was PIS at its greatest).

Steroid jokes/references aside, I like Chris as a character too, but he doesn't seem to get as much respect/credit as he should. =(

I think I speak for everyone that a fight between Leon and Wesker would be incredibly bad ass.
This however I can agree with... especially if Wesker was the victor stick out tongue, which he would be without plot devices applied.

Originally posted by -Pr-
is ada really a protagonist, though? i think she straddles the line, tbh...
Despite doing things behind Leon's back, I don't think she was ever truly on Wesker's side. Just gained his trust so she could attain and destroy some virus sample or w/e.

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Honestly, I don't see anyone in the poll losing to Wesker.

Except perhaps Rebecca and Carlos.
Then you're clearly underestimating him.

Nemesis X
That's your opinion. The series has never really had a single main character from what I could tell. Even the most recurring protagonists just appear in every other game as a sort of pattern (Leon & Ada being in 2 and 4, and Chris & Jill being in 1, 3, and 5).

And no, I don't think Leon should've been the one to beat Wesker, and am glad he wasn't personally. The only reason Wesker even knew about Leon in the first place was through Chris, his biggest foe, so it makes complete sense that he was the one to beat Wesker (although the way he did it was PIS at its greatest).

Steroid jokes/references aside, I like Chris as a character too, but he doesn't seem to get as much respect/credit as he should. =(

Well Capcom sure made him feel like he should be ever since he said that one line "my mission is to wipe this virus off the face of the earth and I'm gonna see it through" which for some reason has inspiration in it.

Well that's your opinion. Personally I'd love to see Leon killing Wesker. Chris was Wesker's dog (if you know what I mean) until he found a virus to overdose Wesker (curse you plot devices).

Chris doesn't have a lot of respect because Leon is seen as the most awesomeness.

Ridley_Prime
Well Capcom sure made him feel like he should be ever since he said that one line "my mission is to wipe this virus off the face of the earth and I'm gonna see it through" which for some reason has inspiration in it.

Well that's your opinion. Personally I'd love to see Leon killing Wesker. Chris was Wesker's dog (if you know what I mean) until he found a virus to overdose Wesker (curse you plot devices).

Chris doesn't have a lot of respect because Leon is seen as the most awesomeness.
I understand that Leon has a much larger fanbase and I like him too, but that doesn't necessarily mean he should've been the one to kill Wesker. I mean, was it Kennedy who Wesker wanted revenge against for humiliating him in Code Veronica?

Nemesis X
I understand that Leon has a much larger fanbase and I like him too, but that doesn't necessarily mean he should've been the one to kill Wesker. I mean, was it Kennedy who Wesker wanted revenge against for humiliating him in Code Veronica?

No but they should've at least added Leon in RE5 if Capcom is planning to use RE5 as the final chapter for that Resident Evil. I hear RE6 will have a new cast with the same plot but it may shift a little they say.

Ridley_Prime
No but they should've at least added Leon in RE5 if Capcom is planning to use RE5 as the final chapter for that Resident Evil.
In that case, I guess I agree, and they probably should've had Ada as well for that matter.

I hear RE6 will have a new cast with the same plot but it may shift a little they say.
Yeah... I'm rather skeptical about RE6 for now, until we get more info that is.

Nemesis X
In that case, I guess I agree, and they probably should've had Ada as well for that matter.

Yeah... I'm rather skeptical about RE6 for now, until we get more info that is.

And HUNK as well for that matter. Would make sense if he was a merc for hire after Umbrella was finished and was hired by Wesker.

I read on Joystiq that Capcom announced they'll know who the producer for RE6 will be after playing a game of Blackjack. Winner is the RE6 producer. Let's hope it's a good producer that won.

Ridley_Prime
What the f**k? That's quite a gamble they're taking there.

Bloinky
Wheres the merchant from RE4?

Alpha Centauri

How is he on steroids? He has large biceps. He has nothing you can't get from intense gym work, really. Considering he is aware of what horrors face him in his job, why wouldn't he work out?

Leon was a rookie who got thrown in during his first day on the job; he returned in 4 as a guy that was trained beyond comprehension and had nerves of steel.

People change.

Regardless, Chris is and will always be the main character in Resident Evil. He was there at the beginning, his scenarios have always been the canon ones and to cap it off; he's had major plot involvement in all the games he's been in. Even in Code: Veronica the game hinged on him coming to help Claire.

Leon is nothing more than a victim of Umbrella by chance, and now he fights them. Chris has deep and personal involvement with it all, to the point that he has family involved in the games.

To suggest Leon is a main character before Chris is to not grasp the story.

-AC

AsbestosFlaygon
Damn! I should've added Ada Wong in the list!

Stupid poll limitations!

I hope HUNK gets a chance to star in a RE game, even if it's just a spinoff series.

EDIT:
And of course,
TOFU!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.